Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

2. An Aegis dogfighter priced at or above $175 will be made available. At least one reference to Vindicator will be made. It will be better than the Super Hornet.

This is one of the things that I find particularly galling about this whole thing, and one of the reasons I started to lose interest before deciding to sell off my ships and get my last package refunded and account closed. So even as somebody who has completely divested from this fiasco, the fact that all of the priciest early-campaign ships have repeatedly been superseded in order to justify increasingly-inflated pricing is just so obnoxious. It's emblematic of everything that is wrong with CIG's decision-making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
OK coffee talk

The grinder is as important as the espresso machine.

The grinder is only as good as its burr.

The best burr in the world is (arguably) the Mazzer Robur Three Phase 83mm Conical Burr. The price for the burr itself is ~$250.00 US:

https://www.espressoparts.com/mazzer-robur-three-phase-83mm-conical-espresso-grinder-burrs-ships-in-4-6-weeks

This burr is only used in big rear end commercial shop machines that cost upwards several thousand dollars. I don't even think you can order an actual commercial machine that uses this burr online.

HOWEVER, in recent years some peeps came up with a well produced, well machined, hand operated system for using this burr. It's called the HG-ONE grinder:

http://hg-one.com/

It costs around $1,000.00 US.

You can actually use this huge rear end commercial Mazzer burr in your own house for your own espresso.

For $1,000.00.

Money that you could instead spend on jpegs of space ships.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Wise Learned Man posted:

It's emblematic of everything that is wrong with CIG's decision-making.
I really think you're selling everything that's wrong with CIG's decision-making short.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

I've made better looking UE3 games

I also like their response of it being something put together for fun by the QA team. So the big video to get people hyped up for the convention was thrown together by people who should have been testing it? Or was it assembled out of bug report videos? And that if they hadn't made this, your marketing team would have not put anything out? And that this looked good enough that your marketing department said this is a good representation of our game?

It wouldn't be Star Citizen unless the goalposts were moved at least weekly.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Well, between the janky Doom 3 mod and slow motion ship explosion rendering, I'm about as hype for this convention as can be.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Looking forward to Gryphon129726318752863581 posting to tell how this trailer is actually really good.

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat

Dapper Dan posted:

Don't worry, they spent six figures on a linguist to make three alien languages. You can pre-purchase a jpeg of him.

Will my Sound Blaster blast the sound?

of 3 alien languages?

loving Edit: Looks like I bought into the right kind of game, SUCKERS!!!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

thatguy posted:

This is me fumbling with my gun before I get shot in the face:

quote:

That actually looks really good to me, for a player controlled fps character. Also seeing the crouched dude peak out of the corner was smooth enough. I just hope there is feedback when you get hit instead of just an indicator.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
"They thought he was reaching for the stars, but what he got his hands on... was their wallets."

"A once-beloved video game guru is under indictment for defrauding fans and investors to the tune of a hundred million dollars. But could it have been avoided? We'll tell you all about the quiet corner of the internet where a few dissenting voices pleaded for sanity--to no avail. Tonight... on 60 minutes."

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
a computer game

it's a room with a space ship parked in it

you can walk around the room and look at the space ship

you can pick what space ship is parked in the room

you have to pay real money for the space ship

some ships cost $20 some cost $100 some cost $500 some cost $1000

u pick it u pay for it

that's the game

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Eonwe posted:

The game will never come out

So...
So I will buy whatever games do come out instead. That's called having disposable income, you should try it sometime it's great. Tell you a secret, the women money gets you will do all the things your basic bitch wife or gf won't.

Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

G0RF posted:

I really think you're selling everything that's wrong with CIG's decision-making short.

True, but CIG can make even the most arbitrary and capricious decisions with approximately zero impact to 95% of their community's decisions to pull out their wallets and throw money, so there's that going for them I guess.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Well, between the janky Doom 3 mod and slow motion ship explosion rendering, I'm about as hype for this convention as can be.

And just imagine how many months of actual game development time were lost in order to hack and script this poo poo together to make it look like they have a working game.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

So I will buy whatever games do come out instead. That's called having disposable income, you should try it sometime it's great. Tell you a secret, the women money gets you will do all the things your basic bitch wife or gf won't.

Seraph I have a theme song for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Wise Learned Man posted:

This is one of the things that I find particularly galling about this whole thing, and one of the reasons I started to lose interest before deciding to sell off my ships and get my last package refunded and
Look man tell it to the food stamps office nobody wants to hear about your disgusting pathetic poverty here. This is a loving PC game. JESUS CHRIST AM I THE ONLY RED-BLOODED WHITE MALE AMERICAN HERE?!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Wise Learned Man posted:

"They thought he was reaching for the stars, but what he got his hands on... was their wallets."

"A once-beloved video game guru is under indictment for defrauding fans and investors to the tune of a hundred million dollars. But could it have been avoided? We'll tell you all about the quiet corner of the internet where a few dissenting voices pleaded for sanity--to no avail. Tonight... on 60 minutes."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tell you a secret, the women money gets you will do all the things your basic bitch wife or gf won't.

:vince:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

You have to wonder, have these people actually played any type of computer game since, oh, Wing Commander (the movie) or so?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Wise Learned Man posted:

haha this is actually gonna happen irl

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Wise Learned Man posted:

This is one of the things that I find particularly galling about this whole thing, and one of the reasons I started to lose interest before deciding to sell off my ships and get my last package refunded and account closed. So even as somebody who has completely divested from this fiasco, the fact that all of the priciest early-campaign ships have repeatedly been superseded in order to justify increasingly-inflated pricing is just so obnoxious. It's emblematic of everything that is wrong with CIG's decision-making.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
In 2007 Gears of War came out for the Pc and had a cover system which puts this poo poo to shame. Also: Big Guns worthy of a futuristic shooter.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 10, 2015

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

That's legit a great song nd I'm sure seraph84 would be honored if he were stills here but he went home like 45mins ago so you're poo poo outta luck.

Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

Delaying concept sales "forever".

Wow. So every month is forever now, sure is some infinity. I regret spending the money I've sunk into this "game" more and more every day.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Synchronized posted:

Wow. So every month is forever now, sure is some infinity. I regret spending the money I've sunk into this "game" more and more every day.

Nah only 2 weeks, keep your chin up!

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

its not a real business and has no actual income so therefore yes, they have no credit

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Synchronized posted:

Ben admits they are hiring Hollywood artists.

Holy poo poo 8 million dollars left looks super realistic.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

this is pretty rad, right up there with The Ghost That Feeds for best GB-related mashup/remix

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Maldoror posted:

OK coffee talk

The grinder is as important as the espresso machine.

The grinder is only as good as its burr.

The best burr in the world is (arguably) the Mazzer Robur Three Phase 83mm Conical Burr. The price for the burr itself is ~$250.00 US:

https://www.espressoparts.com/mazzer-robur-three-phase-83mm-conical-espresso-grinder-burrs-ships-in-4-6-weeks

This burr is only used in big rear end commercial shop machines that cost upwards several thousand dollars. I don't even think you can order an actual commercial machine that uses this burr online.

HOWEVER, in recent years some peeps came up with a well produced, well machined, hand operated system for using this burr. It's called the HG-ONE grinder:

http://hg-one.com/

It costs around $1,000.00 US.

You can actually use this huge rear end commercial Mazzer burr in your own house for your own espresso.

For $1,000.00.

Money that you could instead spend on jpegs of space ships.

*peeking from behind the poo poo posting curtain*

espresso is good, and making your own hand crafted drink in the morning is one of the most sublime pleasures on this earth

keep the dream alive

Scarecow
May 20, 2008

3200mhz RAM is literally the Devil. Literally.
Lipstick Apathy

That's legit a great song nd I'm sure seraph84 would be honored if he were stills here but he went home like 45mins ago so you're poo poo outta luck.

You couldnt even last a whole week without your stupid gimkic falling apart :allears:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Sedisp posted:

Ben admits they are hiring Hollywood artists.

Holy poo poo 8 million dollars left looks super realistic.

Why the hell are they doing this, unless CR is already back in his coke-fueled "I want to be a great movie director" mode ?

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Michymech posted:

You couldnt even last a whole week without your stupid gimkic falling apart :allears:

I wonder how many 12-year-olds can verify the accuracy of his avatar, the sick gently caress

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i... just wanted to go to into space

:(

Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

I'll admit that it was amusing to see Seraph post in one of Beer's threads on the RSI forums a few weeks ago and subsequently watching as the mods nuked every single post in the thread that contained any quotes from him, regardless of how tangential the comment. Scorched earth policy.

Priorities.

Synchronized fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 10, 2015

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Maldoror posted:

i... just wanted to go to into space

:(

samesies

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

We need to keep the money flowing to pay for our Hollywood concept artist and the FPS will release somewhere between now and forever. Christ, who is this guy and why does he work in community management/PR?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

GaussianCopula posted:

We need to keep the money flowing to pay for our Hollywood concept artist and the FPS will release somewhere between now and forever. Christ, who is this guy and why does he work in community management/PR?

Artists. Plural.

Ones we send back to the concept stage multiple times. Ones that we pay enough to where they will pass on Hollywood projects to work on videogames.

lol

motorocker
Dec 23, 2013

Soiled Meat

SAMESIES

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Wafflz posted:

Looking forward to Gryphon129726318752863581 posting to tell how this trailer is actually really good.

that trailer sure was a doozy!

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Synchronized posted:

I'll admit that it was amusing to see Seraph post in one of Beer's threads on the RSI forums a few weeks ago and watching as the mods nuked every single post in the thread that contained any quotes from him, regardless of how tangential the comment.

Priorities.
"Unclean thoughts must be purged! The purity of the Hivemind must be protected at all costs!"

I'll admit that it's amusing that you kids actually believe your little echo-chamber of wailing and self-pity here is somehow above groupthink, when it's blatantly clear to any passerby that groupthink is present here in spades.

Realtalk you guys, the level of toxicity and defeatism here affects everyone after a while, no matter how level-headed they start out. Beer is the perfect example. You all drove him mad and got him banned with your fears and anxiety. People like Beer are a sponge for the emotions of others. I hope you're happy, because he's a good man who deserved better.

Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us.

AvatarOfBolrog fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
Fresh ground and freshly roasted coffee will always taste better. Roasting Plant has the best coffee in nyc for that reason.

AvatarOfBolrog fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 10, 2015

• Locked thread