Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Besides being a pedophile what else is seraph up to?

Seraph posted:

I'm sorry I'm drunk and moody because my 90 million dollar spaceship videogame is imploding and I'm probably about to lose like $8,000. Can you ever forgive me? At least unban me from the sub even if you don't want me as a mod cause I'm a cool rebel unlike you uptight rule follower fake anarchists.

:smith:

Sedisp fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

Why do all the fatties have beards now?

It hides their fat jowels and lack of jawline.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

loving lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sedisp posted:

I like how you're crazy enough to think humans are biologically programmed to gently caress kids.

Well, we at least know he fantasizes about loving kids so there's that...

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Romes128 posted:

It hides their fat jowels and lack of jawline.

Yup, this is why I have one.

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

KakerMix posted:

Thanks for keeping my cool 80s shades dude in my avatar I appreciate it. I'd hate to have to work overtime to pay for its replacement at Denny's

I've been deep into Minecraft of all things for the last 5 years and even I know that it's all a big hilarious joke no matter how business it gets.
Seriously, get a job bro . Minecraft is for twelve year olds.

KakerMix posted:

(...) if you are the type of person to pursue 'investments' then you have some sort of appreciation for 'money' and the processes that create it. Which means that 10k could be used to make more 10ks.
How many of those 10ks do you let the private investors at the Federal Reserve print out each week, smart one?

For someone so quick to point out that others are being deceived by scam artists, you sure do place a lot of trust in central banks run by billionaire banksters. Not too fuckin ' bright guy. Don't even respond to this post dipshit, just of dump all your fiat scrip scamcoins into btc. Do it now. Thank me later.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Seriously, [url="https://"https://youtu.be/YNk8A-usI7I"]get a job bro [/url]. Minecraft is for twelve year olds.
How many of those 10ks do you let the private investors at the Federal Reserve print out each week, smart one?

For someone so quick to point out that others are being deceived by scam artists, you sure do place a lot of trust in central banks run by billionaire banksters. Not too fuckin ' bright guy. Don't even respond to this post dipshit, just of dump all your fiat scrip scamcoins into btc. Do it now. Thank me later.

You callin someone dumb but can't even post a link properly.

Lol at your edit.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Minecraft is for twelve year olds.

Shouldn't it be your hunting ground then?

Also taking investment advice from a man who got scammed by Christ Roberts. Yeah I'll get right on that.

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Romes128 posted:

You callin someone dumb but can't even post a link properly.

gently caress you it's 3:40 am I'm moposting on this god drat tiny phone I can. Barely loving see cause I don't have my glasses i am 136lb guy bon my 2nd bottle of wine gently caress this gently caress you u tried to be helpful and this is the thanks I get. Nobody appreciates me least of all my rear end in a top hat dad and now you I can't even

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

EminusSleepus posted:

I think Darian just receive memo from Sandi lol

lmao, two references to being a manly bro dude in one post, nobody tell him the conflation of straight razors and old timey masculinity is already a decade old meme at this point, and about as cool to brag about as an interest in wood working

rustic masculinity being coopted by milquetoast nerds, the mind reels and convulses

destroy everything

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
He lost $8,000 and he's acting like his life is over, I'm still trying to compute that poo poo. There's people who lost their homes and jobs with more composure than this giant pissy baby.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

gently caress you it's 3:40 am I'm moposting on this god drat tiny phone I can. Barely loving see cause I don't have my glasses gently caress this

Get a better phone then. Also laser eye surgery. A refund from the scam you call star citizen should cover both.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

gently caress you it's 3:40 am I'm moposting on this god drat tiny phone I can. Barely loving see cause I don't have my glasses gently caress this

Super rich executive kiddy diddler shitheel here has a tiny phone? :crossarms:

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Romes128 posted:

Get a better phone then. Also laser eye surgery. A refund from the scam you call star citizen should cover both.

And some counseling services as well. Lasik is like 3000, new phone is about 1000, that should leave you about 4000 to cover your counseling.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

gently caress you it's 3:40 am I'm moposting on this god drat tiny phone I can. Barely loving see cause I don't have my glasses i am 136lb guy bon my 2nd bottle of wine gently caress this gently caress you u tried to be helpful and this is the thanks I get. Nobody appreciates me least of all my rear end in a top hat dad and now you I can't even

Great now you assholes just killed another person chained in his basement.

Hope you all are happy.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm gonna get rich.

On internet spaceships.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lol

you sound like a bitch.

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Good Dumplings posted:

He lost $8,000 and he's acting like his life is over, I'm still trying to compute that poo poo. There's people who lost their homes and jobs with more composure than this giant pissy baby.
lol good post except that I've lost zero dollars internet spaceships are liquid assets guess you must've missed my econ lesson in the last thread you U.S.S. Dullard-turd.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Iridium posted:

With CitizenCon 2015 arriving, I decided to go back and look at last year's video so we can compare the two. While I was at it I grabbed caps of the slides of their powerpoint presentation. I figured this will all be relevant so we can look back at see all the amazing promises that have been kept.

So at CitizenCon 2014 they showed off:

:words:
Well, Iridium, I think you've just worked up the most likely to be downvoted thread for the /StarCitizen tomorrow!

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Reminder: This studio is currently being shutdown restructured because CRoberts moved to Santa Monica as it is closer to LA and he probably no longer needed the tax benefits of Texas.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

lol good post except that I've lost zero dollars internet spaceships are liquid assets guess you must've missed my econ lesson in the last thread you U.S.S. Dullard-turd.

:frogout:

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

But if the game implodes they become less than fake assets. I know you're disappointed. Now you know how your dad feels.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Hah, sure man, whatever you say. Just make sure you get up bright and early tomorrow so you can work overtime to pay for your spaceship dream.

poo poo, that's still getting me! You made this a good night, man, you're too lame to hate after this.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I am really glad Seraph dug himself deeper into debt to make another account. Can we kickstart his next account? God knows he needs the help.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

you didn't post in the last thread, avatarofbolrog

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Show your dad what he did wrong by pulling out of a bad situation early.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Tarranon posted:

goons are great at playing the concern troll game and then crying foul when called out for it, but wiping out every post in the thread without comment is a special level of fail aids

cig might actually have the worst community team ive ever seen in a "professional" project

Look I support CIG and can't wait for SC as most of you know, but even I acknowledge the CIG forum mods are loving cancer incarnate. I don't go there anymore.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

I'm sure people in every ponzi scheme said the exact same thing. Except for the moment when it collapsed and they lost everything. Whoops. And this is something you can't predict, so good luck thinking that you can.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

dont listen to people, keep posting

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?

Gryphon0468 posted:

Look I support CIG and can't wait for SC as most of you know, but even I acknowledge the CIG forum mods are loving cancer incarnate. I don't go there anymore.

That's what happens when you have biased random pubbies as moderators instead of people who actually work for the company and aren't loving insane, though with CIG that's going to be a hard ask.

I'm surprised they haven't made dickwulf a mod yet

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Tokamak posted:

To be fair, they outsourced the FPS component to IllFonic (who worked on Sonic: Rise of Lyric) and it came back a broken garbage fire. It is incompetence layered on top of incompetence, all the way down.

Actually, the real reason for what we have now is a little more hilarious than that. To keep it short:

IllFonic got their orders, and tried to deliver what CR wanted.
While they were doing it, based on a certain set of rules and principles, CR continued to move the goal posts.
At the same time, coordination between different branches and management of said branches so that they use the same base failed.
So when IllFonic delivered, they were hit by two things at the same time. CR changing the goals for what they were working for, and CIG having different base code for different branches.

Actually, looking at ATV episodes when IllFonic realized that was hilarious. CIG told them to make "this", based on "this" and make it also compatible with "this".
Then they changed "this" to "that" AFTER the fact, hit them with a "not good enough", canned them and started to remake the same thing again themselves.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Oct 10, 2015

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Seriously, get a job bro . Minecraft is for twelve year olds.

A job? What, like working for someone else? lmao get outta here Seraph funny joke!!

Let me tell you a story.
One time some dude paid thousands of dollars into a Space Ship dream and did so willingly and without recourse or accountability. Now that Space Ship Dream: Business Simulator failed he spends his time on Something Awful forums buying avatars and role-playing other characters in this 'ha ha im joking but no seriously they put fluoride in fiat currency' stream-of-consciousness dribble that just reinforces the fact that bitcoin is the best comedy to come out of the human condition until Star Citizen. And that dude's name was Aatrek Fogel Seraph the 64th

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
I know it makes no sense, but it's what Chris wants.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

Pay your eye surgeon in spaceship JPEGs

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sedisp posted:

Besides being a pedophile what else is seraph up to?

[url=https://www.reddit.com/r/metanarchism/comments/3mlua3/looking_for_advice_regarding_anarchist_moderation/cvul1qp]

:smith:

captain of industry indeed

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Wafflz posted:

Looking forward to Gryphon129726318752863581 posting to tell how this trailer is actually really good.

It's actually pretty lovely. Shocking I know.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
I hope you guys spot me in the crowd tonight.

I'll be the one in the [redacted] hoodie, sq42 shirt and sc cap.

I'll also be fat and have a beard.

Happy hunting!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Incombibulator posted:

I hope you guys spot me in the crowd tonight.

I'll be the one in the [redacted] hoodie, sq42 shirt and sc cap.

I'll also be fat and have a beard.

Happy hunting!

That's like saying I'm gonna be the one with freshly shaved genitals at the star citizen office.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

That's like saying I'm gonna be the one with freshly shaved genitals at the star citizen office.

:rimshot:

And 100% accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Dante80 posted:

Actually, the real reason for what we have now is a little more hilarious than that. To keep it short:

IllFonic got their orders, and tried to deliver what CR wanted.
While they were doing it, based on a certain set of rules and principles, CR continued to move the goal posts.
At the same time, coordination between different branches and management of said branches so that they use the same base failed.
So when IllFonic delivered, they were hit by two things at the same time. CR changing the goals for what they were working for, and CIG having different base code for different branches.

Actually, looking at ATV episodes when IllFonic realized that was hilarious. CIG told them to make "this", based on "this" and make it also compatible with "this".
Then they changed "this" to "that" AFTER the fact, hit them with a "not good enough", canned them and started to remake the same thing again themselves.

That's pretty interesting since I haven't followed the drama too closely over the years. I always assumed it was the result of a small, mediocre developer coding a bunch of undocumented workarounds to get their small bit of the game done, and it breaking apart when CIG attempts to integrate it into the main game.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that croberts couldn't settle on an explicit set of outcomes for his contractors, and decided to change it just before it were to be delivered.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Oct 10, 2015

• Locked thread