Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

lauresh posted:

That's what happens when you have biased random pubbies as moderators instead of people who actually work for the company and aren't loving insane, though with CIG that's going to be a hard ask.

When the real employees were posting after the escapist article about how they loved working at CIG, more than one had the story that they started as a backer and then got their dream job. There are more people than just Lesnick that are true believers in The Dream over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

gently caress you it's 3:40 am I'm moposting on this god drat tiny phone I can. Barely loving see cause I don't have my glasses i am 136lb guy bon my 2nd bottle of wine gently caress this gently caress you u tried to be helpful and this is the thanks I get. Nobody appreciates me least of all my rear end in a top hat dad and now you I can't even

Seraph, seriously man, it's not as bad as all that. All goonery aside, lemme give you some Real Talk for a minute:

I know you feel like everything is falling apart and your $8000 is vanishing like smoke in the wind, but it's gonna be okay. You just need to tackle this one step at a time:

1. Get up from the computer and stretch for a minute. Roll your neck around, arch your back, etc.
2. Go to the window and open it up. Whether it's warm or cold where you live, fresh air will make you feel a lot better.
3. Lean out the window, take a few deep breaths, and realize that life goes on. As long a your bitcoin investments are solid, the $8000 is small change!
4. Jump.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 10, 2015

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Ag Bengip posted:

Pay your eye surgeon in spaceship JPEGs

He has bitcoins for that, since doctors love accepting payment in the form of bitcoins.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's good that seraph is back

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Sunk-cost fallacy. 8 out of 10 fools opening a small business will fail catastrophically for the same reason, and most of them will be financially ruined after one or two such attempts.

If they're lucky, these cretins will crawl back to their miserable corporate chain jobs with their heads hung low and their tail between their legs, while those of us sharp enough to see how rigged the game is will continue making fortunes bending and/or breaking the rules, which no true capitalist respects. And if they're unlucky? If they can't support their family or worse can't even get laid? Well folks, there's a reason the next mass-shooting is always just around the corner.

Also, we outlaws get to facefuck your hot daughters in their late teens - when the pussyfruit is ripest - because we are cool and dangerous and athletic. How does that make you feel?

quoting for ban and because "when the pussyfruit is ripest" is one of the best/worst things i've read in a while

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Klyith posted:

When the real employees were posting after the escapist article about how they loved working at CIG, more than one had the story that they started as a backer and then got their dream job. There are more people than just Lesnick that are true believers in The Dream over there.

So the poo poo paid employees spend their salary on dream spaceships.

Never not go full ponzi.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

For anyone wanting a citcon countdown, here is a..er..citcon countdown.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20151010T18&p0=302&msg=CitizenCon+2015+-+Manchester%2C+UK&font=slab&csz=1&swk=1

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

D_Smart posted:

Star Marine CitCon trailer is live! Same poo poo from GAMESCOM pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SL4Mb5Yhc

Chiming in to say this looks lovely.

Also I have no idea who is this seraph person the thread keeps mentioning. I'm ok with that.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
That teaser is hilariously bad.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Well I finally got caught up with this thread in time for it to explode for ConCon

Worth every penny I haven't spent on the game, its been a bit shaky since that pedo turned up but Derek Smart not knowing how to link to a self-aggrandizing image macro was worth the slog

j/k fight the good fight, D

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?

Klyith posted:

True but I suspect the majority of the CIG staff are actually sane people, the problem is the publicly visible people are all fanatics

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Chocobo posted:

Just a reminder that the showstopping bug that they is hanging up the FPS module is literally that they can't control where the player aims, and they don't know why.

I bet that's a consequence of Chrobert insisting 1st and 3rd person animations are the same. Like his idea that the ships need to have functional thrusters made the flying rear end and some ships needed to be redesigned. Self inflicted problems.

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW
Oh wow CitizenCon starts in 2.5 hours, can't wait for this thread to bring down the forums.

e: wait 2 hours it's in europe?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Chat is active on this already. Time to go trollin' about the FPS video to kill time before the hilarity of CitCon 2015.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Star Marine CitCon trailer is live! Same poo poo from GAMESCOM pretty much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_SL4Mb5Yhc
A lot of people seem to be commenting on the Doom 3 similarities, but honestly, what strikes me is that the cinematography in this trailer for a $90 million megaproject is lacking compared to trailers for six year old Half-Life 2 mods that were made on a budget of half-fulfilled promises of beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOh3xYPrYF8

Maybe this is comparing Apples and Oranges, I dunno, but watching both trailers I can certainly tell you which one grabs my attention better.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Another entry for Starmageddon

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Kins posted:

A lot of people seem to be commenting on the Doom 3 similarities, but honestly, what strikes me is that the cinematography in this trailer for a $90 million megaproject is lacking compared to trailers for six year old Half-Life 2 mods that were made on a budget of half-fulfilled promises of beer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOh3xYPrYF8

Maybe this is comparing Apples and Oranges, I dunno, but watching both trailers I can certainly tell you which one grabs my attention better.

No it's pretty jarring. You have one trailer made by professionals, and the other made by a bunch of shithead kids that are talentless hacks.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The Kins posted:

It is apples to oranges imo. Also, I pretty much expect the Sq42 reveal trailer we will see today to be extremely polished. They have put a LOT of resources into it after all.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tallardar = me by the way. I'm just shitposting and seeing if I can bait out some of the cult like ramblings from people but it seems like only Goons are in the chat at the moment.

Also Gore, why would you call me a Shankerz alt? That's pretty hurtful friend :smith:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Oct 10, 2015

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

Tallardar = me by the way. I'm just shitposting and seeing if I can bait out some of the cult like ramblings.

Goons all up in that chat

Watch the accusations fly

midnightclimax
Dec 3, 2011

by XyloJW

Sappo569 posted:

Goons all up in that chat

Watch the accusations fly

maybe tone it down a nothc

we need to lure them in

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

Can't wait for them to start banning people from the chat later for use of offensive language like "refund" and "ponzi scheme".

Edit: Low key negativity is the was to go in chat today. No need to blow your load early.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

KM Scorchio posted:

Can't wait for them to start banning people from the chat later for use of offensive language like "refund" and "ponzi scheme".

Edit: Low key negativity is the was to go in chat today. No need to blow your load early.

or "shadows" and "lighting effects"

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
I think it's all Goons in this chat

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
It's 100% goons trolling goons.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Berious posted:

like a lovely snake eating it's tail

I approve

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
It's all a marketing ploy to lower expectations. I bet every moment of the actual Citizen Con event is going to be incredible, right from the cosplay competition at the start to the nervous shaky voiced "let's have some drinks" at the end.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Berious posted:

Hilarious and typical.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS
http://youtu.be/RjvxtR40E8Q I see nobody has posted this yet, funny that. Last 30s or so.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Gryphon0468 posted:

http://youtu.be/RjvxtR40E8Q I see nobody has posted this yet, funny that. Last 30s or so.

Why is it funny no one has posted this

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

KM Scorchio posted:

Just 5 minutes of browsing that forum has convinced me that there will inevitably be suicides when the wheels fall off this shitheap.

It is true that the CIG forums give reddit a serious run for its money as the worst gathering of people on the whole internet.

But then you realize reddit has its own star citizen forum, which is exactly the same, but only worse.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Gryphon0468 posted:

actors are a chronically horrible judge of whether or not something is good, much less something they're involved with

i've seen actors i've admired more stump for worse poo poo than star citizen, and i believe they were sincere about it too

aaron eckhart and i, frankenstein :smith:

also; i'm amazed we're not seeing this incredible stuff at all yet but today's the big day so we'll see. there's no way the game as promised will ever be materialized but poo poo, with 90 million dollars at their disposal i'll honestly be disappointed if we don't get to see anything that at least looks cool in motion

this sincerity post brought to you in good faith for your good few posts these past few pages

don't gently caress it up, gryphon!!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Gryphon0468 posted:

Next year, guys. The hype is real!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tarranon posted:

actors are a chronically horrible judge of whether or not something is good, much less something they're involved with

i've seen actors i've admired more stump for worse poo poo than star citizen, and i believe they were sincere about it too

also; i'm amazed we're not seeing this incredible stuff at all yet but today's the big day so we'll see. there's no way the game as promised will ever be materialized but poo poo, with 90 million dollars at their disposal i'll honestly be disappointed if we don't get to see anything that at least looks cool in motion

this sincerity post brought to you in good faith for your good few posts these past few pages

Do they have Malcolm MacDowell in Star Citizen? He's in everything that pays nowadays and it pains me greatly.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Paladinus posted:

Do they have Malcolm MacDowell in Star Citizen? He's in everything that pays nowadays and it pains me greatly.

No but they have the kid from Malcolm in the Middle. Not that one, the other one.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Gryphon0468 posted:

actually I posted it 6 hours ago.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

*talks in squeek noises*

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Maldoror posted:

*talks in squeek noises*

edit:

I hope someone hired him to perform at ConCitizen since he's available for such.

http://db.fursuit.me/?c=viewsuit&id=2898

Skoll fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Tarranon posted:

it's their job to shill the movies/games they appear in ya dummy

• Locked thread