Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
I honestly can't decide whether I should take the offer I have on my account now, before CitCon, or hold out for the inevitable hype spike among the Faithful Citizens afterwards.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Full Metal Boxers posted:

I honestly can't decide whether I should take the offer I have on my account now, before CitCon, or hold out for the inevitable hype spike among the Faithful Citizens afterwards.

Can we get a "how to sell your account on the grey market" in the OP?

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
jpegs are going up, up up.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Nauta posted:

it's their job to shill the movies/games they appear in ya dummy

i know that and in certain cases i think they were also sincere in their endorsement of the work, you fuckety gently caress!!

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Skoll posted:

edit:

I hope someone hired him to perform at ConCitizen since he's available for such.

http://db.fursuit.me/?c=viewsuit&id=2898

lol, db.fursuit.me redirects to the somethingawful.com home page if somethingawful.com is the referrer. they mad at somethingawful. :mmmhmm:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

i can't tell which ones are the goons and which the rabid cultists anymore

but seeing the maybe-probably-not-fake derek smart account cause such an uproar is hilarious

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
CITIZENSHIP

MUST BE EARNED

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
It's like scientology except everyone's fat and bearded.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Romes128 posted:

It's like scientology except everyone's fat and bearded.
Star Citizen: Fat, Unshaven and Diabetic.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

Star Citizen: Fat, Unshaven and Diabetic.

Two out of three ain't bad. *flexes*

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Tarranon posted:

i know that and in certain cases i think they were also sincere in their endorsement of the work, you fuckety gently caress!!

Actors can give incredible performances and then have all that work wiped out in the editing room.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Derek Smart is worse than Donald Trump

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Today I've made my monthly donation to a local charity. I could have bought a constellation ship and cruise the 'verse with all the cool guys, instead some terminally ill child will be able to spend more time with their family. But hey, that child is going to die anyway, so next month I'm definitely buying the fastest and meanest jpeg of them all.

See you in the 'verse.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Incombibulator posted:

Two out of three ain't bad. *flexes*

Same. *chugs frosting*

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ShredsYouSay posted:

Derek Smart is worse than Donald Trump

Derek Smart has been the most entertaining thing about this whole poo poo storm.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

Romes128 posted:

Derek Smart has been the most entertaining thing about this whole poo poo storm.

Sorry, quoting from the chat.

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
These people are insane

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

ShredsYouSay posted:

Sorry, quoting from the chat.

gently caress I gotta see this. When does the begging for money/presentation start?

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
It just hit me in full how completely insane this ship pledge system is.

You'd better buy this ship for $900 now, because if you wait until the game comes out and you can actually fly it, it will cost either 10 hours of playtime or $5 in RMT spacegold to have the exact same ship.

It's like economic "The Happening" where CIG has found a toxin that reverses the time value of money in humans.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

8:00pm BST

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

KiddieGrinder posted:

Can we get a "how to sell your account on the grey market" in the OP?

It's the same as selling sheeps, only you put [black market] in the title of your post along with the [wts] :shrug:

MVP
Nov 1, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm Sandi_Gardiner in twitch chat and people loving lov eme

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

I'm a fool, well played sir!

ShredsYouSay fucked around with this message at 13:00 on Oct 10, 2015

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

MVP posted:

lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Look man tell it to the food stamps office nobody wants to hear about your disgusting pathetic poverty here. This is a loving PC game. JESUS CHRIST AM I THE ONLY RED-BLOODED WHITE MALE AMERICAN HERE?!

if that is what a RED-BLOODED WHITE MALE AMERICAN is god i hope so.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
did the mod just fell for it?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MVP posted:

noice

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

I Greyhound posted:

You'd better buy this ship for $900 now, because if you wait until the game comes out and you can actually fly it, it will cost either 10 hours of playtime or $5 in RMT spacegold to have the exact same ship.

It's like economic "The Happening" where CIG has found a toxin that reverses the time value of money in humans.

the canon response to this is people are happy to donate now because they're "investing in the game", so of course they wouldn't be expected to get their money's worth

but when you cross reference that with their comments whenever a ship is released (the endeavor is cheaper than I thought it was going to be! gotta buy it!!)...the two don't really square. some part of them absolutely thinks they're getting some kind of good return on their investment

it's got to be the result of marketing, propaganda, something, because the diehards have two mutually exclusive ideas in their head, but both of them are conducive to spending more on jpegs

it's p amazing psychologically speaking

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Nellistos posted:

did the mod just fell for it?

Yup

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

gods work

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
ive never been amongst "True Believers" before, they really see DS as the boogie man

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
what an entrance

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MVP posted:

Even their dumb gently caress mod thinks you're her

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Somebody log in as Sandi_Roberts.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Sandi Gardiner-Roberts in Chat
http://www.twitch.tv/starcitizen

Edit: Sigh - nevermind, loving devious.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

I Greyhound posted:

literally any time i start getting used to the idea of sc in general, i like to remind myself that even if this game had released on time and under budget and was the top tier wow / halo / cod killing game of the decade, people have individually spent tens of thousands of dollars on video game star ships

i wonder if zynga’s CEO has just been watching all this and furiously taking notes

i also wonder how many of the whales have poo poo on people for buying things in f2p mobile games and their brains just never came within a country mile of connecting the irony

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Oct 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
god he totally ate it, asking for trip to manchester

• Locked thread