Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Conall
Oct 8, 2015

Someone Awful! posted:

conall your case feels really manufactured and forced

like I know it's d1 and on the one hand i guess it'll force cpig/others to make content but i seriously think you're reaching too hard on this, dude

i'm not reading it as scummy, just desperate to find something to talk about

How else does the game get going though? You commenting on my case is better for the game than one liners.

I mean, we can talk about movies and stuff but unless someone forces something then nothing happens. The lynch is gonna be basically random anyway on d1. This is the best thing I see right now so I'm voting it. I'm not gonna vote anyone based on the character name they picked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

d1 content-ing is hard, that's why i said it's not scummy (actually i think it's townie as gently caress) v :shobon: v

i had an opinion on the thing you posted so i posted it

Conall
Oct 8, 2015
All my posts and questions should be read in a sincere and inquiring tone rather than defensive or critical!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Does anyone want to bet that Conall is a pre-existing mafia player trying to play without their meta?

I also think that the case on Cpig is bad but well-intentioned.

Conall
Oct 8, 2015

Rarity posted:

Does anyone want to bet that Conall is a pre-existing mafia player trying to play without their meta?

I'm not, I've probably just lurked for too long. It's a bit weird to jump in and play when I've read games on and off for ages here and recognize some usernames.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Conall posted:

I'm not, I've probably just lurked for too long. It's a bit weird to jump in and play when I've read games on and off for ages here and recognize some usernames.

what up lurked SA mafia for way too loving long bro

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Someone Awful! posted:

conall your case feels really manufactured and forced

like I know it's d1 and on the one hand i guess it'll force cpig/others to make content but i seriously think you're reaching too hard on this, dude

i'm not reading it as scummy, just desperate to find something to talk about

Tbh this post comes across as pretty scummy to me. It's trying to cast doubt on Conall, while simultaneously pushing that SA definitely think he's townie. It's stressing that Conall is just trying to talk about something, and that it doesn't matter what it is as if it makes his opinion matter less.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Conall posted:

I dunno. I like my vote right now. I don't think CPigs reaction adds up. I know I don't know how he usually plays or anything but still. His first posts read like someone who really doesn't want to get lynched. He's dismissive (and RUDE!!!) to me but takes a more negotiating tone with Quidnose and PMush. Maybe he figured a new player would back off easier than those two.

His last comment below just switches stance mid-post, and only comes a couple of minutes after the "you should know better."

I just get the feeling it's someone who really doesn't want to get lynched, gets self concious that he might be trying to defend himself too hard and suddenly decides to act like he doesn't care. Would someone who has played a lot get so demoralized by 3 votes that he just gives up like that? To me it seems like an overreaction suddenly followed by faked nonchalance.

Oh good another one of these guys.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Tbh this post comes across as pretty scummy to me. It's trying to cast doubt on Conall, while simultaneously pushing that SA definitely think he's townie. It's stressing that Conall is just trying to talk about something, and that it doesn't matter what it is as if it makes his opinion matter less.

im not even gonna try to argue this because you're right. i was just posting my opinion on it though (that it was townie but misguided/hella forced), because it seemed like the Thing To Do

though now i'm overthinking it and wondering if conall is scum trying to make an early start re: content so people think he's towny and basically i'm turning my brain into a wifom shitstorm, so i'm gonna go have some coffee before i post more worthless poo poo

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
thinking is hard, isnt it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Someone Awful! posted:

im not even gonna try to argue this because you're right. i was just posting my opinion on it though (that it was townie but misguided/hella forced), because it seemed like the Thing To Do

though now i'm overthinking it and wondering if conall is scum trying to make an early start re: content so people think he's towny and basically i'm turning my brain into a wifom shitstorm, so i'm gonna go have some coffee before i post more worthless poo poo

Man, this post is just awful.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

:razz:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Conall posted:

All my posts and questions should be read in a sincere and inquiring tone rather than defensive or critical!

Whoa don't be so defensive, calm down dude.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

no

Kashuno posted:

:agreed:

##vote someone

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

To be clear, I do not think Someone is scum because he is being self-conscious. I think he is scum because he is spinning his wheels on other people instead of just spinning his own wheels. I've mildly defended cpig because I don't think he's scum, but to use that to try to force discussion when someone else votes him? It reads as scum.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
bottle man that sure is a good post ##vote someone

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

What's awful about it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Magnus Gallant posted:

What's awful about it?

It's just so seems self-conscious.

Kash calls out SA for his post about Conall and SA responds by saying he's not going to argue because Kash is right, but then he proceeds to very thing Kash accused him of in the first place: Casting shade on Conall while at the same time saying he's townie. But he ends the post by excusing himself for it because he's just WIFOM'ing himself and it must be because he doesn't have coffee. It's just a post full of nothing and excuses.

In fact, if you go through all of SA!'s posting, it's almost all complete fluff. Now part of is pregame stuff, but a good portion of it is after the game started. It almost feels like he wants to get a bunch of posts in now so that if he disappears later he'll still have a higher post count.

It's definitely good enough for a vote, so ##vote SA!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
look at us coming together as a family to kill that guy

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Lol so which of you is scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Lol so which of you is scum?

So are you saying you don't think SA is scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
One scummy post does not scum make. If I thought he was scum I would be voting him.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

One scummy post does not scum make. If I thought he was scum I would be voting him.

So who do you think is scum? I'm surprised that you haven't voted for anyone yet.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Right now you come across to me as scummy. Meta, but I'm actually surprised you threw down a vote so early it's not like you in town play, nor is it like you to push a case on someone this surely this early

##vote TMM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Right now you come across to me as scummy. Meta, but I'm actually surprised you threw down a vote so early it's not like you in town play, nor is it like you to push a case on someone this surely this early

##vote TMM

How is this early? We are 2 full days into the game at this point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Also, considering this post, your vote on me is hilarious.

I guess one post plus meta is good enough to make a scum, huh?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This whole exchange feels weird and fake.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
your mom felt weird and fake last night

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Also, considering this post, your vote on me is hilarious.

I guess one post plus meta is good enough to make a scum, huh?

It's not just your SA vote, but your reaction to the scenario. You didn't feel confident enough to vote SA right away, but once the votes started rolling in, you were quick to hop on. You then question my alignment read, and are now acting defensive and condescending when I've not rolled over and let you off this case with no suspicion.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I still like Pig as scum, he's kinda done nothing even in response to this?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

It's not just your SA vote, but your reaction to the scenario. You didn't feel confident enough to vote SA right away, but once the votes started rolling in, you were quick to hop on. You then question my alignment read, and are now acting defensive and condescending when I've not rolled over and let you off this case with no suspicion.

Man, this is a total reach Kash.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Quidnose posted:

I still like Pig as scum, he's kinda done nothing even in response to this?

Thats because its too early to do things. What do you expect of me?

Playing mafia? pff

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bonezo has started his journey to Orgrimmar

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Thank you for confirming my suspicions

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Poison Mushroom posted:

I agree.

TMMadman posted:

I agree.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

Thats because its too early to do things. What do you expect of me?

Playing mafia? pff

c'mon pig, didn't you just say you were gonna stop insulting people and try harder as town recently? You've done neither this game. Unless you're scum I guess.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Going back to this, why does it feel weird and fake to you?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I do agree with Kash that's TMM's "This is awful" post looks like a way to float the idea without committing to it, and the timing afterwards of a longer case and then a vote seems odd. Why not just vote initially if you were feeling it was lovely enough to warrant you saying everything about it was bad? It's kinda odd.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

I do agree with Kash that's TMM's "This is awful" post looks like a way to float the idea without committing to it, and the timing afterwards of a longer case and then a vote seems odd. Why not just vote initially if you were feeling it was lovely enough to warrant you saying everything about it was bad? It's kinda odd.

So it's weird to you that I think a bad post is bad and when asked why I think it's bad, I explain myself and cast a vote?

Do you think that post by SA is a good post?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bonezo applied to a guild

• Locked thread