Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Subete ga F ni Naru is an anime series based on a mystery novel of the same name by Hiroshi Mori. Animated by A-1 Pictures, the series is being directed by Mamoru Kanbe (Elfen Lied) with series composition by Toshiya Ono (both seasons of Gatchaman Crowds, tsuritama) and original character designs by Inio Asano (Solanin, Oyasumi Punpun). The story follows Sohei Saikawa, a member of Saikawa Research Lab, as he and Moe Nishinosono, the daughter of his mentor, travel to a remote island for vacation. There, they end up finding a corpse. The two work together to solve the mysteries of what becomes a serial murder case.

The first episode didn't give a lot to go on, but the author is known for integrating his experience as a research scientist into his mysteries, which seems pretty cool! Asano's character designs also look really nice, even after undergoing tweaks for animation.

The series is being simulcast on Crunchyroll. New episodes air every Thursday at 11:00am PDT/2:00pm EDT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Everyone on this show is an awful person and is going to die.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Everyone on this show is a pretty cool person, but they will still probably die. I really like Moe's outfit.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

im thinking the genius girl you only see on tv screens is a mech or ai

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Davincie posted:

im thinking the genius girl you only see on tv screens is a mech or ai

Uhh wasn't she shown as a little girl at the end though?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

everybody can die, just please spare Nishinosono's ep1 outfit and car

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Admoon posted:

Uhh wasn't she shown as a little girl at the end though?

time passes, she says a doll killed her parents. what if the doll was a mech version of her????

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

dogsicle posted:

everybody can die, just please spare Nishinosono's ep1 outfit and car

That car is obscene.

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011

Davincie posted:

time passes, she says a doll killed her parents. what if the doll was a mech version of her????

what if the doll was the human version of her!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
someone's jealous

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
im gonna buy a sports car and use it to pick up hot emotionally repressed scientists

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The Japanese title translates to Everything Becomes F which is a loving awesome title for something so full of dread.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you're onto something here. parents create mech version of kid. kid goes insane kills parents. kid is removed from the story somehow. robot version's programming can't cope with it, makes up doll story. thats why the motivation story throws her off, she didn't do it so no motivation

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

hmmm... the perfect insider.. inside her.. my god the mech theory is coming together

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I felt that first episode was very pretty (the opening especially) but that it didn't contain much in the way of content, so I'll be interested to see if the pace picks up next ep.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I suspect that Saikawa is too much of a coward to flat out reject Nishinosono even though he and everyone around them can tell she is into him. He isn't really one of those standard emotionally dense geniuses, but he deflects like crazy.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Serious Frolicking posted:

I suspect that Saikawa is too much of a coward to flat out reject Nishinosono even though he and everyone around them can tell she is into him. He isn't really one of those standard emotionally dense geniuses, but he deflects like crazy.

I just like the fact that they're constantly reading each others' tells and calling each other out on it.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Was the book this is based on part of a series or a one-off? It has been a long time since Noitamina had a good show. Hope it doesn't fall apart after a promising first episode like so many of their recent shows.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Punchline and Your Lie In April were both good recent NoitaminA shows, despite the former seeming the least likely candidate for that block.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

grrarg posted:

Was the book this is based on part of a series or a one-off? It has been a long time since Noitamina had a good show. Hope it doesn't fall apart after a promising first episode like so many of their recent shows.

Ten book series. It's also listed 64th on a list of Japan's 100 best mystery novels, so I'm reasonably hopeful.

Allarion posted:

I just like the fact that they're constantly reading each others' tells and calling each other out on it.

Yeah it's fun.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The Devil Tesla posted:

That car is obscene.

Alfa Romero 4C. Not the best use of $60k, but not that obscene.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah, for like the four days a year it wont be in for repairs.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AnacondaHL posted:

Alfa Romero 4C. Not the best use of $60k, but not that obscene.

That's not what I meant by obscene.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

The Devil Tesla posted:

That's not what I meant by obscene.

Well it IS Italian. :italy:

Besides, I would expect most rich girls would be rocking a six-figure convertible. Well at least American rich girls.

I wouldn't expect a 20 year old Japanese rich girl to be into driving Italian sport cars (besides Ferrari and Lamborghini) let alone hard core enough to drive a left-hand drive car on a right-hand drive roads. I guess it does kind of fit in with her sense of fashion.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
So, any bets at this point whether Magata is going to be (in Ace Attorney terms) culprit, victim, client or witness? Or prosecutor?

I feel like the AI theory is going to be a red herring. I mean this isn't happening in the far future, the original murders happened in 2000, didn't it? It feels a bit too grounded for the scifi theory to be true. Mind you I also thought that about Dangan Ronpa.

Fangz fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Oct 10, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

well i don't think Magata killed her parents (yet?), but nobody knows how the deaths motivating the later investigation will turn out

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Goddamn dudes, they haven't even found the first body yet.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm predicting that there are no bodies

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Namtab posted:

I'm predicting that there are no bodies

It says in the op that they find one.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Goddamn dudes, they haven't even found the first body yet.

if people want to get overenthusiastic, i think it's okay. better than me worrying that all the discussion was already had and the thread would be dead until Thursday

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

It says in the op that they find one.

Ill believe it when I see it

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

My alternate theory is that the lady in the picture is the killer and she did it so that she can buy shoes

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

What if.....F stands for frieza

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
I'm seconding that, the car is obscene, especially those headlights.

As for the show itself, I'm really looking forward to seeing where this goes.a

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally had a chance to watch, and I'm also really looking forward to where this is going.

Watching him fend her off was pretty great.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I would have liked this first episode a bit more if they actually reached the island at least by the end of it. I'm not even asking to see a corpse in the first episode, just that they get to the loving island. Is it so much to ask for?

On the other hand everything else (characters, setting, dialogue) was well done so I'm still going to follow it, but you know... it feels like the story hasn't actually begun yet.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Everything Burrito posted:

Watching him fend her off was pretty great.

I think he's flattered, but doesn't want the hassle or commitment.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
He might be a big old jerk, he might just not know how to let her down easy. Heck, he might just have a problem with dating students in general, not that it is very likely.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Autonomous Monster posted:

Ten book series. It's also listed 64th on a list of Japan's 100 best mystery novels, so I'm reasonably hopeful.
does the arc actually complete in the first novel or is it like a cliffhanger of some sort. because that would be awful for an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I'm pretty sure it's just a self-contained book. I don't know about future books but I imagine it's like agatha Christie, or Doyle, all self contained stories

• Locked thread