Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Jose posted:

i ate a steak and i'm drinking beer and its probably a bad idea since i think i'm ill

that feeling where you think you might be ill but could also not be is the worst

e: hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've been feeling like that for a week i want it to either make me ill or gently caress off its annoying

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
I'm watching series 2 of Fringe. Got 10 beers for a fiver in Morrison's.

I'm super skint atm so this was a fair deal.

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Vitamins posted:

that feeling where you think you might be ill but could also not be is the worst

e: hello

I get that with colds. Never get one, just the pre-illness stage....Vindaloo always burns it right out of your system

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

a bunch of people at my work have gotten ill but so far ice managed to avoid it

the paranoia from every slight cough or sneeze is real though

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Bozza posted:

Fringe is great, walter owns

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bozza posted:

its the best season of fringe easily but its all good imo

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
Made a Thai red curry. Staying in this weekend because the rest of the month and next month is going to be expensive.

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013
As a kid that was raised watching X-Files Fringe was like putting on a pair of familiar comfy slippers, epic series. Also impressive how Joshua Jackson managed to un-Dawsons Creek himself with this, although havent seen him in anything since?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he's apparently on a new show with dominic west which is more than can be said for anna torv

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i had to google what anna torv had been in since fringe and welp

its a shame really because she was pretty great in fringe

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Jose posted:

he's apparently on a new show with dominic west which is more than can be said for anna torv

To be fair, as much as I loved Fringe Anna Torv was a bit wooden. I had no idea that Dominic West was English while obsessivly watching the Wire again and again. I think I saw a one off QI or have I got news for you or something with him on and was totally convinced he was putting on an over the top queens English accent.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he went to eton lol

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

i didn't know he was from sheffield, yet another person to add to the list

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Jose posted:

he went to eton lol

I think the thing that threw me was that episode of the wire where he is in a whorehouse or something doing a truely poo poo english accent....but is in fact an Eton educated queens english speaking actor doing an awesome Baltimore accent trying to do a poo poo 'Ow's yer Govner' accent....talent

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i decided to hav a gin and tonic instead of a beer for some much needed vitamin c in case i am becoming ill

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Evernel posted:

I think the thing that threw me was that episode of the wire where he is in a whorehouse or something doing a truely poo poo english accent....but is in fact an Eton educated queens english speaking actor doing an awesome Baltimore accent trying to do a poo poo 'Ow's yer Govner' accent....talent

alternatively

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg_3ZSeHL4g

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

jesus christ i need to watch the wire again

and band of brothers

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
the missus and i are nearly at the end of season 6 of the xfiles :ohdear:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
also we bought a knock off tefal pan at costco called "t-fal" and didnt notice the difference till we got home lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

corn in the fridge posted:

i've ground to a halt since reaching season 7. watched the crazy not quite twin episode today

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Ratjaculation posted:

jesus christ i need to watch the wire again

and band of brothers

I got to meet the real life major winters that the Damien Lewis character was based off of

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i've been thinking of finding a film to watch but maybe i should start band of brothers

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

and band of brothers

buying BoB on bluray was the best (and only) bluray purchase i ever made, no regrets

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Jose posted:

i've been thinking of finding a film to watch but maybe i should start band of brothers

you wont be disappointed if you start BoB

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Jose posted:

i've ground to a halt since reaching season 7. watched the crazy not quite twin episode today

yeah i haven't got the heart to tell the missus that it gets really poo poo towards the end cuz we've been really enjoying right from the start :(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Vitamins posted:

buying BoB on bluray was the best (and only) bluray purchase i ever made, no regrets

i got all the alien films for £13 which is drat good value imo

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

corn in the fridge posted:

coincidently my partner and i have been doing the same, but it all goes a bit crap at season 8. let me know if you agree 🐵

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Vitamins posted:

my bluray is used exclusively as a netflix stream station. but not for much longer, nice shout!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

fridge corn get on the shield if you've not seen it. also amazon prime got the rights to mr robot so everyone who has amazon prime adn hasn't seen it hsould watch that its ftw

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Jose posted:

that is very good value

i can't wait until blurays get to third-hand-dvds-at-cex levels of cheap and make my purchase of a bluray optical drive for my pc worth it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

amazon prime have philip k dick WW2 alternate history amazon made tv shown adaptation :eyepop:

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I'm debating whether to stay up and watch horror movies with goons on the scream stream tonight

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

watching band of brothers. i watched the first few episodes years ago and meant to finish it and never got around to it so now is as good a time as any.

also lol at all the english actors in it

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

jesus i didnt realise BoB came out in 2001

enjoy the cripplingly depressing penultimate episode

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

making anyone run in georgia seems brutally unfair and lol that they held an olympics there

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Jose posted:

when you say all of them does that include the avps and prometheus

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

it does not. i also have yet to watch alien 3 or alien resurrection on bluray

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i can't wait for my shoulder to be fixed so i can go skydiving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Jose posted:

amazon prime have philip k dick WW2 alternate history amazon made tv shown adaptation :eyepop:

that the one based on man in the high castle?