Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

corn in the fridge posted:

that the one based on man in the high castle?

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Jose posted:

it does not. i also have yet to watch alien 3 or alien resurrection on bluray

Get ready for super super high definition 5 polygon CGI fly in seconds 1 to 20 of Alien Resurrection

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i bought the boxset like 4 years ago i've just not bothered watching them

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013
Alien 3 is always a good watch, especially the directors cut. I never realised how many big english actors have 'bit' parts in it (Paul Mcgann, Pete Postlethwaite)

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

alien 3 is cool because it has charles dance in it, and it also has brian glover in it another sheffield born actor :smug:

alien resurrection has the cutest alien thing

Fluo
May 25, 2007

hello

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013
Was it Brian Glover who was in Kes?

Sean Bean is from Sheffield if I'm not mistaken, met him when he was over here (the Isle of Man) filming some horror film about sheep....

Very down to earth guy

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

is it any good? ive wanted someone to do an adaptation of that book for years and years but never thought anyone would be able to do it right

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

corn in the fridge posted:

is it any good? ive wanted someone to do an adaptation of that book for years and years but never thought anyone would be able to do it right

apparently its justa pilot for now but was so heavily watched it got a second season so idk. bosch was really generic but well done otherwise so i've some hope in amazon doing a good job

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Alien 3 was a naffer Alien
Alien Ressurection was a naffer Aliens

Prometheus was just naff

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i bought some brie earlier and put it on the radiator to warm up and only just remembered and its not in such great shape now

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Ratjaculation posted:

whats everyone up to tonight?
im huffing nitrous in my underwear

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Evernel posted:

Was it Brian Glover who was in Kes?

Sean Bean is from Sheffield if I'm not mistaken, met him when he was over here (the Isle of Man) filming some horror film about sheep....

Very down to earth guy

yeah he was

sean bean owns i've met him too he has a house not far from me. i think it was a film called The Dark if it was on the IoM. i've only been to IoM once and it's my favourite place I've ever been in the UK

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Vitamins posted:

yeah he was

sean bean owns i've met him too he has a house not far from me. i think it was a film called The Dark if it was on the IoM. i've only been to IoM once and it's my favourite place I've ever been in the UK

Technically we aren't in the UK (or the EU either) but we tend to keep that quiet as your navy is bigger than ours.

It's fairly nice over here but REALLY quiet. Used to work in the main hotel here though so had the opportunity to meet many English actors filming / hiding their money from tax
I also have a celebrity who lives down the road.....Pat Sharp (whole lot of fun and prizes to be won.etc)

Have never been to Sheffield, closest I ever got was Nottingham which was awesome but everyone was obsessed with Pea and Mint????....everywhere...in places where they would normally sell chips, kebabs that sort of thing there were Pea and Mint stands

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

freelop posted:

Alien 3 was a naffer Alien
Alien Ressurection was a naffer Aliens

Prometheus was just naff

The alien3 directors cut in the Blu Ray set does a lot to improve it.

I've got some red stripe and am currently watching Shrunken Heads (a full moon b movie from the 90's) I realise this does nothing to validate my movie tastes.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Ratjaculation posted:

I'm going to work at a Popular Entertainment Destination™ in a few minutes until 7am on a rugby weekend so gently caress you all with your steaks, brie, good beer and sleep :argh:

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Jose posted:

i bought some brie earlier and put it on the radiator to warm up and only just remembered and its not in such great shape now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L07t8yd_a4

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

whos the actor doing the voices and reading out the letter? he's really familiar but i can't place him

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

franco posted:

I'm going to work at a Popular Entertainment Destination™ in a few minutes until 7am on a rugby weekend so gently caress you all with your steaks, brie, good beer and sleep :argh:

free drinks and getting threatened to be kicked off the roulette tables in the us own

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Evernel posted:

Technically we aren't in the UK (or the EU either) but we tend to keep that quiet as your navy is bigger than ours.

It's fairly nice over here but REALLY quiet. Used to work in the main hotel here though so had the opportunity to meet many English actors filming / hiding their money from tax
I also have a celebrity who lives down the road.....Pat Sharp (whole lot of fun and prizes to be won.etc)

Have never been to Sheffield, closest I ever got was Nottingham which was awesome but everyone was obsessed with Pea and Mint????....everywhere...in places where they would normally sell chips, kebabs that sort of thing there were Pea and Mint stands

Sorry my bad I always get confused how you guys are related or not to the UK

when i went i stayed in douglas right on the seafront for a few days, took a trip to peel castle and climbed the big hill above peel, then checked out the laxey wheel and climbed snaefell and found the geocache on top of it. then a lovely bartender in a pub in douglas tried and failed at teaching me some manx.

i think the pea and mint stuff is a midland thing, they're obsessed with it in derbyshire

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Vitamins posted:

Sorry my bad I always get confused how you guys are related or not to the UK

when i went i stayed in douglas right on the seafront for a few days, took a trip to peel castle and climbed the big hill above peel, then checked out the laxey wheel and climbed snaefell and found the geocache on top of it. then a lovely bartender in a pub in douglas tried and failed at teaching me some manx.

i think the pea and mint stuff is a midland thing, they're obsessed with it in derbyshire

Our Government can be quite bitchy about it. When the Scottist independance issue was going on the UK Gov tweeted a map of the mainland, northern Ireland and the IOM with the slogan 'Stronger together' or something, and the Manx Gov immediatly responded with 'We are not nor ever have been part of the UK please remove us from this map' lol

I live about 10 mins away from Peel in the middle of no where...I look out my window and the only thing out there is a sickly looking horse with a bowed back that walks with a limp.
So few people speak manx its essentially a dead language. A freind of mine is one of the few manx teachers we have left, after a drunken night at the pub we submitted a new word into the Manx lexicon (this is a power he has) for 'Twerking'....literal translation is rear end Quake.....I feel I have enriched my culture.

Derby was also a very cool place, the people there are the most laid back folk I have ever met

Edit:// source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-28016199

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

XMNN posted:

im huffing nitrous in my underwear

a goon who huff he own pants :nono:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Evernel posted:

I look out my window and the only thing out there is a sickly looking horse with a bowed back that walks with a limp

oh, hello

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Vitamins posted:

i didn't know he was from sheffield, yet another person to add to the list

I vaguely knew him as a teenager although he was older than me. Iirc he played cricket with my brother and dad but I doubt he would have any idea who I was. It was a long time ago but one of his relations (I forget if it was his sister or cousin) was in my form group. At that point he was already in drama school and had some minor success on the stage and was a minor celebrity to our school, and this posh girl who only loved horses and dispised anyone who didn't own one would get cast in major roles in our school plays in the hope that Dom would turn up. She couldn't act for poo poo and it made her even more of a bitch.

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

It's truely creepy, every time I open the curtains it seems to be looking strait at me..I miss the city lol

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

crispix posted:

a goon who huff he own pants :nono:

hi crispix

i might have taken some acid too

ill probably stop posting now

if any one needs me im going to be sitting in the dark staring at a visualiser and listening to jefferson airplane

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Hey Fluo I'm probably gonna be in Bristol at the beginning of November. I'll be crashing at yours for a night or two. tia.

I promise this time I won't get drunk and just harass Finnish men outside the gryphon instead of actually hanging out again. I'm the worst.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Evernel posted:

It's truely creepy, every time I open the curtains it seems to be looking strait at me..I miss the city lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

solefald has a death wish

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

there's so much to live for, don't become a 9% dark lager

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Evernel posted:

Our Government can be quite bitchy about it. When the Scottist independance issue was going on the UK Gov tweeted a map of the mainland, northern Ireland and the IOM with the slogan 'Stronger together' or something, and the Manx Gov immediatly responded with 'We are not nor ever have been part of the UK please remove us from this map' lol

I live about 10 mins away from Peel in the middle of no where...I look out my window and the only thing out there is a sickly looking horse with a bowed back that walks with a limp.
So few people speak manx its essentially a dead language. A freind of mine is one of the few manx teachers we have left, after a drunken night at the pub we submitted a new word into the Manx lexicon (this is a power he has) for 'Twerking'....literal translation is rear end Quake.....I feel I have enriched my culture.

Derby was also a very cool place, the people there are the most laid back folk I have ever met

Edit:// source http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-28016199
lmao rear end quake that owns

I like the Manx museum in peel and the little model of the Ben My Chree :3:

i really hope to go back some day soon because honestly the 4 days I spent there were some of the best in my life though I can't quite put my finger on why exactly. :unsmith:

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
:catstare:

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

*shudders*

I lived in Wolverhampton for a few years and have been thinking about moving back to where there are people, hows the job situation looking these days in the UK? Moved back home when 2008 happened and everything fell over.

Oh BTW since its now in my head you can all suffer with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RG0QKaaLTCE

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Evernel posted:

*shudders*

I lived in Wolverhampton for a few years and have been thinking about moving back to where there are people, hows the job situation looking these days in the UK? Moved back home when 2008 happened and everything fell over.

it's a bit better than 08 but we're probably due another everything falling over so maybe stay put and stock up on tinned goods

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Vitamins posted:

lmao rear end quake that owns

I like the Manx museum in peel and the little model of the Ben My Chree :3:

i really hope to go back some day soon because honestly the 4 days I spent there were some of the best in my life though I can't quite put my finger on why exactly. :unsmith:

If you have any interest in motorsport do TT week one year, not a lot happens here normally but our population doubles in TT week and you meet the most amazing people from all over the world...there is never any trouble either...everyone is just wanting a good time.....lots of festivaly things, music tents , beer tents.etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0

Vyro Ingo
May 20, 2013

Party Boat posted:

it's a bit better than 08 but we're probably due another everything falling over so maybe stay put and stock up on tinned goods

Ahh I will probaly wait and see how things play out with the living wage / cutting tax thing next year before I do it. I have a middle class english accent for some reason (as a child I had a manx accent...which is sort of like a hillbilly scouser sort of affair) and its rather good for job interviews when in reality I'm an immigrant who has just arrived on a raft (probaly with my own tinned goods). I've got a soft spot for the midlands but will prob have a look at places like York.etc before I make a decision....there is a guy over here who is a well known local nutter and he is OBSESSED with Milton Keynes, he sells it pretty well as a good place to live

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Evernel posted:

If you have any interest in motorsport do TT week one year, not a lot happens here normally but our population doubles in TT week and you meet the most amazing people from all over the world...there is never any trouble either...everyone is just wanting a good time.....lots of festivaly things, music tents , beer tents.etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRWp9rhfS_0

yesss seeing the TT is something I've always wanted to do, might actually get up and do it next year

or maybe the iom rally too as I've heard that's good

lockk9's videos are the best

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

I went to the ice hockey. It was good and Braehead won, although I have once again shredded my vocal cords.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Solefald posted:

Hey Fluo I'm probably gonna be in Bristol at the beginning of November. I'll be crashing at yours for a night or two. tia.

I promise this time I won't get drunk and just harass Finnish men outside the gryphon instead of actually hanging out again. I'm the worst.

Lmao its fine gryphon was filled with peeps i know etc

And yeah sure, 1st november im busy but the rest of month should be fine etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamins
May 1, 2012