Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Junpei Hyde posted:

You can count me in to fight Palpy. I still haven't gotten revenge for Lazyfire. Like, you'd think murder and arson would get him in trouble with the moon cops or something.

:

There is no avenging me, there is only pain, and suffering and stolen gasoline used to start a fire under a disobedient slave. Ah, you know what? Go ahead and murder someone for me, just like old times. I keep killing things in this Valhalla place but they keep coming back. It's great and terrible at the same time. Just once I'd like something to stay dead up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
- This Paply...he associates with cowardly mask wearers?

Cowards I've subdued before?

He's going down

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
I was hoping the canceled matches from the sandcastle would get moved to this week, but no dice I guess. Frosty, Pyroi and Pvt. Scott all seem pretty strong but have only wrestled 3 matches each. I'd also prefer to see Zore go up against someone he actually has a chance to beat.

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 10, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Clearly something needs to be done about the new management. If only there were some sort of alliance to rebel against Palpatine and his empire of sycophants.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
: Ugh, why is that wrinkled old has-been still acting like he's a credible threat? I'd be happy to introduce his face to the canvas yet again, if nobody else gets to him first. Though, I'm not working with Dash, I still have standards. And don't think I didn't hear your commentary over my match with Gryph, IGgy, believe me, this ain't for you, you and me still got a score to settle once the fossil's been dealt with, but that's a personal matter. This, with the old geezer? This is business. The fans hate him, our ratings tank every time he's onscreen! The only people that drive viewers away faster are Dash and anilEhilated, and they have the common decency to only show up a few minutes at a time. It's costing us money! Plus, my tag partner's a literal superhero, so it'd reflect poorly on him if I didn't take a strong stance against villainy, no matter how inept the villain may be. So, yeah, add me to the list of people out to get Palpatine, just, not on the same list as Dash, thanks.

Flamander
May 4, 2009

EclecticTastes posted:

: Ugh, why is that wrinkled old has-been still acting like he's a credible threat? I'd be happy to introduce his face to the canvas yet again, if nobody else gets to him first. Though, I'm not working with Dash, I still have standards. And don't think I didn't hear your commentary over my match with Gryph, IGgy, believe me, this ain't for you, you and me still got a score to settle once the fossil's been dealt with, but that's a personal matter. This, with the old geezer? This is business. The fans hate him, our ratings tank every time he's onscreen! The only people that drive viewers away faster are Dash and anilEhilated, and they have the common decency to only show up a few minutes at a time. It's costing us money! Plus, my tag partner's a literal superhero, so it'd reflect poorly on him if I didn't take a strong stance against villainy, no matter how inept the villain may be. So, yeah, add me to the list of people out to get Palpatine, just, not on the same list as Dash, thanks.

: Count me in, as well. The FLAMES OF JUSTICE purge evil wherever it stands, and I, as its wielder hold responsibility of its use. Besides, the old man screwed me out of a title shot. He deserves what's coming to him.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Eeevil posted:

I was hoping the canceled matches from the sandcastle would get moved to this week, but no dice I guess. Frosty, Pyroi and Pvt. Scott all seem pretty strong but have only wrestled 3 matches each. I'd also prefer to see Zore go up against someone he actually has a chance to beat.

Don't worry, I'll make that happen once I'm back from my vacation. I'll just have BNF fill in for my match today!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

EclecticTastes posted:

Though, I'm not working with Dash, I still have standards.

Hey, that's alright. How's your head, still sore? You get the smell of rotting food washed out of your robes? Don't forget that DashCo. offers a laundering service for LPFWA members. For you, I'll give a discount.

DashCo. is not liable for any damages to clothing that occur during the laundering process.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Blind Sally posted:

Hey, that's alright. How's your head, still sore? You get the smell of rotting food washed out of your robes? Don't forget that DashCo. offers a laundering service for LPFWA members. For you, I'll give a discount.

DashCo. is not liable for any damages to clothing that occur during the laundering process.

: Look, I don't know what hobo you hired to impersonate a wrestler this time, but I didn't even get to the arena until like five minutes before my match with Gryph. With Daylight Savings and all, I was saving myself some time later by preemptively changing my collection of Flava Flav clock medallions and ironically lost track of time.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

EclecticTastes posted:

: Look, I don't know what hobo you hired to impersonate a wrestler this time, but I didn't even get to the arena until like five minutes before my match with Gryph. With Daylight Savings and all, I was saving myself some time later by preemptively changing my collection of Flava Flav clock medallions and ironically lost track of time.

Dude, didn't I interview you at the beginning of the show? I know I was supposed to do that anyway. But I think you were there. I vaguely remember that. Later there was fire and lots of screaming.
If you actually left again after that we need to have a serious talk about your work morale. Maybe that fated match of IGgy IGsen vs. Eclectic Tastes will happen after all. You better bring it pal. At the next PPV. When I'm back from, y'know. Meanwhile I'll leave things to my old buddy Palpy. He's such a pal, didn't even have to tell him to do it.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 10, 2015

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Okay, gotta cancel this week's show. No one's gonna commentate with me so far. I'm also tired as balls, so it's probably better to skip this week as I would not be in that stellar of a mood. Seeya next week, though.

Match card will be the same, though. And I've decided who shall fight the Undertaker. It's Nuffkins. He's been mean to me today.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

That's a shame. Better luck next week.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Oh well. Still at least it's not something like a computer burning or such.

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
: Palpatine, you know why I beat you so fast in our match? Why, instead of the eventful and entertaining matches I try to provide, I just defeated you as quickly as I could?

Because I don't respect you. Because you don't respect wrestling.

You overthrew the head of the federation, instituted your own match card designed around making sure you looked good, tried to take my titles and even brought in a referee you thought would favour you. You acted without honour, without decency, and without respect to Wrestling. And when you disrespect Wrestling, you disrespect me.

And so, I say this: To anyone looking to make sure that "Emperor" Palpatine gets what he deserves, you have an ally in Frederick Hope.

Hattie Masters fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 10, 2015

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

IGgy IGsen posted:

Dude, didn't I interview you at the beginning of the show? I know I was supposed to do that anyway. But I think you were there. I vaguely remember that. Later there was fire and lots of screaming.
If you actually left again after that we need to have a serious talk about your work morale. Maybe that fated match of IGgy IGsen vs. Eclectic Tastes will happen after all. You better bring it pal. At the next PPV. When I'm back from, y'know. Meanwhile I'll leave things to my old buddy Palpy. He's such a pal, didn't even have to tell him to do it.

: Uh, we recorded that segment the day before, IGgy, you don't remember? BNF wanted to make sure you were mostly sober for it, so he grabbed us while you were between binges. Gotta say, guy runs a tight ship, giving him the reins was the smartest thing you ever did. Anyway, did you not notice during that segment how you were at the announcer's table watching it from afar? Besides, use your head, man, if that had been me running into Flamander's match, well, first, we'd have won, and second, I would've just been there from the start, rather than bursting in halfway through. No way I'd let my buddy go into a rigged match by himself! Unless, y'know, it was "rigged" and not actually rigged, obviously, gotta let Creative have their fun when washed-up Sith lords aren't loving with the script.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Sounds like EclecticTastes forgot the events of that fateful PPV. Not that I blame them--between having their head slammed into a milk truck the Outrider and being hosed down with blended food, I'd do what I could to erase my memory as well. (Maybe their head hit the Outrider's hull harder than we thought?)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

It's okay, man, he's in denial and he likes to pretend that everything is just an act. He thinks I was sober for the interview, which is hilarious, because I actually was sober later in the show after I was set on fire. It was cool being a mummy for a bit too.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Unless anything bad happens we'll see some goons wrestling each other tomorrow again. Last weeks shortage of commentators and me being tired as balls should not be an issue this time around. (Unless, you know, it is. But it really SHOULD not be.)

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Starting in 15 Minutes, here's the match card.
http://www.hitbox.tv/IGgy

nine-gear crow posted:

Alright, no matter what happened last week, there's at least one thing we can all agree on: I'M STILL RUNNIN' THIS poo poo SHOW!!! WOO!!! UNLIMITED POW--
Ahem.
...what? Oh right! Match card time! Galen, unveil the--
You put him in "time out", remember.
I did? Ooooh. This is what I get for swiping a few bottles from IGsen's booze vault (that thing is HUGE, by the way). Whatever, FACE! REVEAL THE MATCH CARD!
As you wish.

#1 Buscus Brawl EAT poo poo AND DIE FRED!!!
Zore vs. Frederick Hope

#2 Bra and Panties match - Strippers! Finally!
Aurora vs. Grim Darkflame

#3 Hahahahaha! Yes! Kill your friend!
IGgy vs. BNF

#4 Be ashamed of yourself for making a scene last week just to go hang with Cena!
Face vs. Junpei Hyde

#5 He's stealing your sexy naked buff boy look, go get him!
Interrupter Jones vs. Zanzibar Ham

#6 If you help me beat this scrub up I might be nice to you.
Galen Marek vs. Punchy, Stichez and Emperor Palpatine

------------------------------

#0 Undertaker Match!
Undertaker vs. Nuffkins

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Galen joined Stichez and Punchy to betray Palpy and beat the ever-loving crap out of him. Is the end of ORA66?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

17.10.2015 - oRa - Long Penis Freaks Watching Audience (Trizophenie)

Results:

Plot: Palpatine talks about something. I kinda zoned out here.

#1 Buscus Brawl
Zore vs. Frederick Hope
Result: Frederick Hope pins Zore

Plot: Aurora and Darkflame complain about being put into a bra and panties match. They decide to just have a normal match instead and force the Referee into going along with it.

#2 Bra and Panties match - Stripprs! Finally!
Aurora vs. Grim Darkflame
Result: Darkflame pins Aurora

Plot: IGgy comes to BNF and tells him he'll be out of town for a while so BNF has to take over for IGgy in the upcoming match. But BNF is actually IGgy's opponent. So IGgy makes Referee Joe fill in for BNF so BNF can fill in for IGgy.

#3 Hahahahaha! Yes! Kill your friend!
IGgy vs. BNF
Result: Referee Joe, representing BNF, Wins against BNF, representing IGgy by pinfall

#4 Be ashamed of yourself for making a scene last week just to go hang with Cena!
Face vs. Junpei Hyde
Result: Face pins Junpei. But it doesn't count because it's not Flaming Tables.

#5 He's stealing your sexy naked buff boy look, go get him!
Interrupter Jones vs. Zanzibar Ham
Result: Zanzibar Ham submits Jones

#6 If you help me beat this scrub up I might be nice to you.
Galen Marek vs. Punchy, Stichez and Emperor Palpatine
Result: Not Palpatine. Everone went against Palpy.

Plot: With Punchy and Stichez having gone against Palpy in the match Galen thanks them for helping out but lets them know he's not ready to completely betray Palpatine and join them.

------------------------------

#0 Undertaker Match!
Undertaker vs. Nuffkins
Result: The Undertaker buries Nuffkins. 1-0 for the Dead Man

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Really sorry for that Vader impression. I caught a cold and it's kinda difficult to breathe in an inobtrusive way when half of your options are literally closed. And I honestly couldn't hear it on the recording side.

edit: Since my mic apparently caught everything except for what I was saying. That setup needs some fiddling.
e2: Yeah, it really didn't seem that horrible while recording. No worries, I'm out of commentary by now. At least I set the standard for the worst guest audio quality; you can only get better from now on.
e3: In my defense, uh, the squash joke was kind good I thought?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Oct 19, 2015

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Welp... On the one hand my CAW won his right to fight shirtless, but on the other hand... I think I can't call him a jobber anymore... 1 win/1 matches is okay, there's still room for losing, but 2 wins/2 matches? No.

Maybe if he starts losing like a champ (well, not Zore level, no one can get beaten like The Master) I can call him a jobber again.

e: by the way, the match itself was pretty good! Wrestlers were messing up wrestlers, pathing problems were had, I enjoyed it. Watching Palpatine get anime'd right now

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Oct 18, 2015

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
The next step above "Jobber" is "Jobber to the Stars". Congratulations. You've made it to the next level.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
OH wow. I can't believe I beat Aurora. I love that goddamn boot to the head. All of the boots to the head. Best kind of move. And I survived 22.5 suplexes? Wow. Realistically, that could only have gone better if I'd somehow stolen her finisher.

Also, BNF was filling in for you while Joe fought for BNF, so... Doesn't that mean BNF won by losing?

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

TheDarkFlame posted:

Also, BNF was filling in for you while Joe fought for BNF, so... Doesn't that mean BNF won by losing?

BNF lost the battle but won the war.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Welp... On the one hand my CAW won his right to fight shirtless, but on the other hand... I think I can't call him a jobber anymore... 1 win/1 matches is okay, there's still room for losing, but 2 wins/2 matches? No.

Maybe if he starts losing like a champ (well, not Zore level, no one can get beaten like The Master) I can call him a jobber again.

e: by the way, the match itself was pretty good! Wrestlers were messing up wrestlers, pathing problems were had, I enjoyed it. Watching Palpatine get anime'd right now

No no, first you establish yourself as a competent wrestler, then you start losing to everyone who shows up to challenge you. Be Worf, basically.

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

The Zanzibar Ham vs. Interrupter Jones and the Aurora vs. Grim Darkflame matches were good. Most of the other matches were kind of squashy, which was a surprise for the Junpei vs. Face match since Face lost his last match to a former Buscus holder/guy who lost to Zore. Interrupter Jones was unbeaten 1v1 before this week's match btw.

Eeevil fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 19, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Eeevil posted:

The Zanzibar Ham vs. Interrupter Jones and the Aurora vs. Grim Darkflame matches were good. Most of the other matches were kind of squashy, which was a surprise for the Junpei vs. Face match since Face lost his last match to a former Buscus holder/guy who lost to Zore. Interrupter Jones was unbeaten 1v1 before this week's match btw.

I used up all my power fighting John Cena. I'll be charged up next time.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pyroi posted:

No no, first you establish yourself as a competent wrestler, then you start losing to everyone who shows up to challenge you. Be Worf, basically.

Then how many matches should I win before I start my losing streak? Or do I first get some belt so I can lose it in the ultimate job?

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Then how many matches should I win before I start my losing streak? Or do I first get some belt so I can lose it in the ultimate job?
Getting an item of clothing would totally cramp your style.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's okay as long as my chest hair is visible. Plus, the plan is to lose it quickly.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe we can say he's wearing it under the skirt?

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It can be an underbelt, whatever that is.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

If there's anyone left who wants to make their own CAWs then uh... maybe speed up a little because 2k will shut down the servers at the end of this month.
https://twitter.com/2KSupport/status/649701300666437632?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

This goes mostly to people who actually said they were gonna make a CAW or actually purchased an online pass and the game specifically for it, like FredMSloniker, for instance.

It's not much of an issue for LPFWA, but I dunno how VGCW will cope this this, considering that it gets most CAWs from the internet.
Which reminds me that I should probably actually check out VGCW at some point. The only time I've seen it was when I was drunk two years ago and conceived LPFWA.

IGgy IGsen fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 19, 2015

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

VGCW is basically downloading a bunch of CAWs to keep the show going as long as possible and are trying to get 2k to keep the servers up.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
No. Nooo. Noooooo! I refuse. This is my show. Why should I post your match card?
Because I beat John Cena.
So did I, what's your point?
I... uh...
Like I said: this is my show. Go polish your worthless belt you weeabo toss--

:siren:[SURPRISE JOHN CENA]:siren:

[Attitude Adjustment on Palpatine]
my spiiiiine
WOO!!! Thanks JC!
No prob.
Galen! Unveil the match card!
...what?

#1 Buscus Brawl
Zore vs Nuffkins

#2 LP Superstar title #1 contenders Fatal 4 way elimination match
Dr. Rath vs Punchy vs Boob Marley vs Immortan Joe

#3 Ladder match
BFC vs Pyroi

#4 Kawaii #1 contenders match
Grim Darkflame vs DCB

#5 LP Superstar title match:
Junpei Hyde vs EclecticTastes (he's still champion, right?) normal match because I want to actually win one of those.

#6 LPFWA title match:
Fred Hope vs Flamander (who'd better win)

#0 Undertaker match:
Palpy gets buried by the Deadman.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
:psyduck: Crud, are we still working together to take down Palpatine, or are we after Junpei and Cena now?

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Wow, lots on the line for a non-ppv show. Looks cool. I'm rooting for DCB in the Kawaii contender match because 1. Darkflame was my last opponent and 2. I haven't gotten a rematch with DCB since our debut match, which had a really bad finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm rooting for DCB not to get submissioned again.

• Locked thread