Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Pendent posted:

Ok guys, what the hell. 2000+ posts in just a few hours. What just happened because there is no way I can keep up with this insanity.

We found out mark strong and Gillian Anderson will do anything for money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Argento posted:

It's really funny and all I guess, but people will be ruined and I agree with Derek Smart.

Today has not been a good day :smith:

You're wrong

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Dapper Dan posted:

You had 95% of filler with walking around and flying and 5% of actually doing anything

10 hours of cutscenes, longer than any Metal Gear Solid game with you having to endure Chris Roberts' writing and direction and none of Kojima's fun insanity.

Their sole showing of SQ42 was the intro cutscene (where they clearly blew all their money and time on, with Gary Oldman sounding like a 95 year old man but looking like Gary Oldman) and a pre-tutorial which was barely finished and again, was nothing but walking and listening

No solid dates on anything. 'Soon', 'The near future'.

No appreciable amount of time spent on actual gameplay, which was about less than 1/3 of the convention. The rest was spent on Sandy, The studio roundup, motion capture and the Squadron 42 movie.

There is now a referral program for making your friends star Citizens. You get rewards for anyone who purchases the game and uses your ID code. Its like what real games do. Except it has transformed itself into a literal pyramid scheme by making its supporters recruiters for the company, only they get non-monetary compensation. There is no product they are selling. It is something that doesn't exist. It is like people selling bad stock to other people getting rewarded with more bad stock, while the scam artist gets the actual money.

Thanks :) Also :laffo:. The best nothing I ever didn't spend any money on.

Col. Mugsy
Jul 20, 2014

"It’s ok PC gamers – Star Citizen backers took a lot of the flak and a lot of the risk but you’re welcome guys – Here is the game for PC that will respect your gaming platform of choice by pushing it to the limits and doing what other companies were afraid to do.

No one needs to join the game as $45 for a base package and the game being developed is not for everyone – feel free to wait it out for release we’ll welcome you to space with open arms when you decide to join us."

The comments under news articles are absolute goldmines of delusion and insanity. This is true of anything, but ESPECIALLY Star Citizen.

I really can't wait for the crash. I hope it all falls apart spectacularly, right in front of their faces.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
All right, I wasn't a 'believer' before this, but I genuinely thought that the game was going to happen. I don't anymore! I really don't.

I only even recognized two of those actors' names! What did I do?

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Jessant posted:

How did they decide the Scottish character should be the Engineer on the Space Ship.

I'm more worried they decided the black dude should be the porter

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
I paid for this! I paid a hundred and fifty dollars for this to happen! I was wrong!

randomcommoner
Sep 6, 2006
it's a-me
This is the best thing to come out of a game in months though, if this was the kind of jpg you could buy at star citizen I could see myself joining.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Remember when Star Citizen was a game about flying space ships?

Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

randomcommoner posted:

This is the best thing to come out of a game in months though, if this was the kind of jpg you could buy at star citizen I could see myself joining.

Fly Gary Oldman's distorted face through space? In Star Citizen you can, for only $200.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Chalks posted:

"Why don't you take a seat"

*camera spins around insanely*

Did they mocap that from someone who has never sat down before or did they just attach the camera to the face of the player model and say "that's gotta work right?"

considering the fps parts all have headbobbing for no reason, im guessing that roberts is just retarded

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I expect people to cosplay meat masks at actual cons. They look absolutely smashing.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
How many millions does it take to hire Gary Oldman? 10% of the budget? How about the rest of them?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Romes128 posted:

loving shame, I loved Anderson in The Fall and Hannibal.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Paladinus posted:

Just remembered there was a character like that in Doctor Who.

E: fb

It reminded me of the beauty doc in Terry Gilliam's Brazil.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Argento posted:

It's really funny and all I guess, but people will be ruined and I'm agreeing with Derek Smart.

Today has not been a good day :smith:

People will be ruined? Hilarious actually, because anyone with a loving brain cell saw this coming as soon as CRoberts ditched the Kickstarter "Vision" and turned it into this abortion we see today. Luckily, some of people figured it out before it was too late, so there's hope for them.

I just hate that CRoberts and gang are getting rich off of it . If only the whole world could just burn.

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008

Jon Do posted:

loving shame, I loved Anderson in The Fall and Hannibal.

She was probably offered a literal warehouse pallet of twenties and had a real hard time saying no.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

My prediction is they will release the first "episode" of S42 as a FPS-only with 4-5 hours of gameplay.

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

Romes128 posted:

Have you even been to Bora Bora? You can't get there for free!

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Gorson posted:

My prediction is they will release the first "episode" of S42 as a FPS-only with a 4-5 hours of gameplay.

No, it'll just be released as a movie. No gameplay. Because that's all they've got.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

D_Smart posted:

btw, as I had previously reported, Sandi was about to quit. That's what the embarrassing opening scene drama was about. But Erin ruined it when he interrupted her at the last minute.

My guess is that she may still quit as planned.

Looked like the whole thing was a sham to me

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Furious Mittens posted:

If only the whole world could just burn.

:agreed:

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
The "We don't spend money on marketing" thing will never stop being funny.

Was that whole convention free, then? Was Gamescom?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Furious Mittens posted:

No, it'll just be released as a movie. No gameplay. Because that's all they've got.

Oh there will be plenty of cutscenes.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
ordinarily i hate doing this but even I can't do three thousand new posts, has a deece summary of anything amazing been posted anywhere or is that collection of mediocrity posted above it

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The whole evening poo pooshow was loving amazing and I didn't even watch the stream.

See you in Diverse!

Argento
Feb 19, 2004

Ladies, I'm back
Lipstick Apathy

Furious Mittens posted:

People will be ruined? Hilarious actually, because anyone with a loving brain cell saw this coming as soon as CRoberts ditched the Kickstarter "Vision" and turned it into this abortion we see today. Luckily, some of people figured it out before it was too late, so there's hope for them.

I just hate that CRoberts and gang are getting rich off of it . If only the whole world could just burn.

I could care less about Chris Roberts, but some people put a lot of money into this game that will never see a cent back. Of course I put nothing into it, because Chris Roberts of course.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seriously though didn't Oldman drop of out Star Wars because of them not using SAG labor? But he said ok to this poo poo? Along with some other big name actors. Somethings not right.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Gorson posted:

My prediction is they will release the first "episode" of S42 as a FPS-only with 4-5 hours of gameplay.

First they will sell the gun concept art for $150 each.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

redwalrus posted:

I think I'm going to die from laughing

Gary Oldman is the God-Emperor Of The Universe Leto II in God-Emperor Of Dune.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

D_Smart posted:

I told you guys this project was FUBAR. There you have it. You're welcome.

You have brought so much joy into my life Dr. Smart

I think I might love you more than I love certain family members

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Tarranon posted:

ordinarily i hate doing this but even I can't do three thousand new posts, has a deece summary of anything amazing been posted anywhere or is that collection of mediocrity posted above it

All you missed was a tviv of the stream

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

Tarranon posted:

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
Holy poo poo, this thing has turned into a pyramid scheme.

The fallout is going to be loving amazing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

hahahaha her ego must be like whoa

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

3 posted:

vindicatorsabrePOTATO

Is this real?

Rockybar
Sep 3, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

hahahaha her ego must be like whoa

Why say REDACTED like its a legal document... Not even just 'to be announced'?

Malleovic
Sep 8, 2007

OMGGG you could've tripped and DIED

That's what the poster claims.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

This is like the Bill Pullman speech from Independence Day except worse in every conceivable way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Rockybar posted:

Why say REDACTED like its a legal document... Not even just 'to be announced'?

For consistency it should say POTATO.

• Locked thread