Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Have any of the cultists clued in to how pretty much everything Mack Daddy Smart said was going to happen happened? Thus implying he does indeed have inside sources and thus implying there's a good chance he's right about all the dumpster fire aspects of RSI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Sandi is giving up her title because the real actors were asking why the vp of marketing was talking at the same time as them.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

serious norman posted:

Why is Croberts so incompetent?

Because he hasn't lead a major game project in 15 years and took on one of the most ambitious projects ever conceived in the medium and rejected any help he was given because he wanted total control over 'his vision' because he was obviously still bitter about what happened to him on Freelancer.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'm seeing a bunch of comments all over saying that they are happy with the gameplay that they saw.

idgi

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

sorry, wrong number.

:vince:

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

i wonder if they will implode spectacularly or keep cutting costs and slowly die with a skeleton crew in a few years like DNF

The payroll is so large that its likely they'll miss it completely rather than cut enough staff, fast enough to keep slipping out ahead of NSF charges.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

AP posted:

The thing about the sale is putting all military ships up will give them lots of cash but it's really just bringing the November sale forward. So it's going to hit the November figures.

They must be really struggling for cash, considering they've already reduced their work force by 50% since June and that's the fastest way to cut costs.

Where is info on their current headcount from?

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

1stGear posted:

Have any of the cultists clued in to how pretty much everything Mack Daddy Smart said was going to happen happened? Thus implying he does indeed have inside sources and thus implying there's a good chance he's right about all the dumpster fire aspects of RSI?

Nope, they seem to think this somehow proves Derek Smart wrong. Imagine if this presentation was at E3. They would be laughed at and booed off the stage.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of idiots being scammed out of their money, so im glad of star citizen

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Holy hell.. that was awful to watch. There's a complete and utter lack of emotion in his voice. It's literally "pretend angry" monotone the whole way through. I could do better with the air blowing out of my rear end

Holy poo poo, new idea... someone needs to dub that clip with farts.

Sad part is I'm a huge fan of Gary Oldman too...

rargphlam
Dec 16, 2008

Google Butt posted:

I'm seeing a bunch of comments all over saying that they are happy with the gameplay that they saw.

idgi

Cult mentality. People are so invested emotionally and monetarily that they no longer view the production as what is but rather what has been promised.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sillybones posted:

Where is info on their current headcount from?

June 26 2015 "How many people total are working on Star Citizen total – 500 probably, including outsourcers, 300 internally"

18th August 2015 270 total (staff + contractors)

October 1st We are a company of 261 employees

October 9th Cloud Imperium now employs 255 staff

They pulled all the contractors I think around July, we heard about Illfonic but I think the others went too.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
The only thing I can't decide on, is if Roberts and co are fully aware of how bad it is, and that any minute now they will have to start shredding documents and smashing harddrives, or if they are genuinely walking around in a delusional fog where everything is on schedule and fine.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Omi-Polari posted:

E:D had to stick to simple stuff that works and get creative, and you can see the difference.
It helps when you have to account to a Board of Directors for who you hire and how you spend your money. Even if Frontier raised $90M in a crowd funding campaign, they'd have managed it like people who actually consider that money something they need to wisely invest, protect, and increase in value.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i dunno funding still seems pretty brisk, God knows what will actually happen when/if cig actually comes out and asks for money.

my gut tells me they'll live to deliver a complete piece of poo poo. hell, isn't that smart's take on it too?

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

His mouth looks like an ugly vagina.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VenusRedux posted:

His mouth looks like an ugly vagina.

It's because its unshaven.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

grimcreaper posted:

Holy poo poo, new idea... someone needs to dub that clip with farts.

I could almost hear them while watching it anyway, the delivery of the whole speech is decidedly "first coffee of the day started working"

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tarranon posted:

i dunno funding still seems pretty brisk

It'll start to fade in a few days, then it will start to dive until it levels out at about 25k and slowly drifts downwards, once they get below 20k they have to do something exiting, like a ship sale or they risk buzz completely dying out. It's been like this for nearly two years and it's really easy to predict.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Stanko-Prussian posted:

I could almost hear them while watching it anyway, the delivery of the whole speech is decidedly "first coffee of the day started working"

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. It was hard to watch.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

These are the limited edition posters from Citcon.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Shala posted:

D_Smart unblock me you sonovabitch, I wanna see the livetweeting goddammit. @CSPshala

Devian666 posted:

He's block me as well for some reason. No favouriting your tweets Mr Smart.

Shala posted:

#FreeTheTweets #SmartTweets

Devian666 posted:

#FreeProfessor_Leech

Shala posted:

#UnblockMeYouRatBastard

I'm really invested in this you guys.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lol

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
i'd tweet at him for you, but that would involve using my twitter for SC related purposes, a shame i could not bear

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Do they still say Hilton on them?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Cost for SQ42 actors?

One wonders if Sandi was paid an additional acting fee for starring in the game, while she was also taking a $500K+ salary for being a VP of Marketing...

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
ofcourse she was paid an acting fee

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mister Adequate posted:

I'll admit that I have an interest in the state of Scully's muff

like most things on old people, its state is probably "suffering from long term exposure to gravity"

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

It'll start to fade in a few days, then it will start to dive until it levels out at about 25k and slowly drifts downwards, once they get below 20k they have to do something exiting, like a ship sale or they risk buzz completely dying out. It's been like this for nearly two years and it's really easy to predict.

If they actually manage to poo poo SC 2.0 out it will provide them some more money opportunities. Hey we've just added data running missions. Have a Herald sale. We've just added hauler missions here's a hauler sale.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

It's totally in line with CIG selling concept art as if it was a finished product.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

reminder that the artists can't remember which side of their spaceship is the top

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

They're selling a better tomorrow, today.

Needs more "look to the right" guy.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I just...

I mean...

I got nothing. :suicide:

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Junk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ddJ1OKV63Q

12 years later and this is still more impressive than anything shown by Croberts today.

This is a good palate cleanser after all of that bullshit.

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Chris Cooley is my Life Coach.
Why are we upset with what they announced / said today?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

ofcourse she was paid an acting fee
^
Rumour was the SQ42 cost 8-11 million and took 60 odd days, considering the names involved and Chris Roberts mentioned 60 odd days, I assume nobody doubts that now.

I'm having a silent chuckle to myself over whoever I argued with about 12-18 months ago, that told me the massive script for SQ42 would be cut when I didn't think it would be. Well, it wasn't.

AP fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 11, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Iron Tusk posted:

If they actually manage to poo poo SC 2.0 out it will provide them some more money opportunities. Hey we've just added data running missions. Have a Herald sale. We've just added hauler missions here's a hauler sale.

March/April at the earliest I bet, assuming they last that long.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Satire posted:

Why are we upset with what they announced / said today?

They didn't announce anything and spent all their time on the fps portion of their space combat simulator game.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Why the gently caress is Big Ben under glass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Chris Cooley is my Life Coach.

Romes128 posted:

They didn't announce anything and spent all their time on the fps portion of their space combat simulator game.

Fair enough.

• Locked thread