Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

a pipe smoking dog posted:

You suck at watching rugby.

So true, that was one of the best Rugby games I've ever watched. Certainly the best try-less game ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
As a neutral, it sucked a poo poo. At least the Ireland v. Wallabies game from 4 years ago had a comedy Cooper meltdown to compensate for the lack of tries.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

As a neutral, it sucked a poo poo. At least the Ireland v. Wallabies game from 4 years ago had a comedy Cooper meltdown to compensate for the lack of tries.

Yeah, because that's what makes Rugby games good to watch...

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I liked it from a neutral point of view Australia gave a masterclass in how to defend for those 15 mins or so when they had lads in the bin. Couple of times when they saw they were gonna get nailed on the overlap and falou shot up to smother the receiver in midfield is about as good a bit of heads up defending as you'll ever see. Also I like most of the Welsh team but I'll never tire of seeing Gatlands big pissed off head when they lose.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

That was a straight up terrible game sorry. I fastforwarded through all the breaks in play leaving about 10 minutes of actual gametime which mostly consisted of Welsh incompetency and decent Australian defence. Refer to Samoa v Scotland for an example of an actually good game of rugby.

Not a fan of tackling then?

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

DickEmery posted:

Not a fan of tackling then?

Exactly, it's not like it was a broken game because both teams sucked and kept dropping the ball and being bad. Sure, there were some mistakes, but mostly it was some really good hard Rugby from both sides, neither giving an inch, both fit as gently caress and not breaking down. That was a bloody good game of Rugby.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Really didn't think saying that game sucked would be so controversial an opinion. You guys up north must be really hard up for good rugby if dreck like that excites you. It had a period of good defense against incompetent attack for around 15 minutes but outside of that it was awful.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Unimpressed posted:

Yeah, because that's what makes Rugby games good to watch...

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise we were obliged to lavish your precious Wallabies with praise after every win, and that any criticism of the team they had just beaten is verboten, lest it even slightly devalue said victory.

The game was poo poo and Wales were loving useless, and winning this game was always going to be a challenge for them because the Wallabies have had the wood on them since 2008, and the loss of Rhys Webb and Leigh Halfpenny was going to catch up to the Welsh sooner or later. Sorry if you feel that this tarnishes the Wallabies win.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Oct 11, 2015

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

As an Australian Rugby fan... gently caress that game was boring.
Good contest, but it was a pretty eh game to watch and I could see how it'd be even worse if you're a neutral.

Southern hemisphere fans aren't known for being fans of strong defensive play.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Schlesische posted:

As an Australian Rugby fan... gently caress that game was boring.
Good contest, but it was a pretty eh game to watch and I could see how it'd be even worse if you're a neutral.

Southern hemisphere fans aren't known for being fans of strong defensive play.

Or you know, frustration at an impotent Welsh attack that couldn't make the most of a 2-man advantage.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

scotland is poo poo, just throwing that out there

Australia is not, what a defense.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Vagabundo posted:

Oh I'm sorry, I didn't realise we were obliged to lavish your precious Wallabies with praise after every win, and that any criticism of the team they had just beaten is verboten, lest it even slightly devalue said victory.

Nothing to do with praise for the Wallabies, just funny how you keep bringing up Quade Cooper every time they are mentioned, he wasn't even on the bench in this game. I guess when he kneed Sir in the head, he kneed the whole nation.

DickEmery
Dec 5, 2004
I think Cuthbert is performing some sort of voodoo to keep his place.
We'll be down to playing Nipper and Hook at the same time soon.

Davies, Halfpenny, Webb, Patchell, Walker, Allen, Amos, Williams, Williams, Roberts.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Argentina are playing some fun rugby.

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

Romanias anthem is great, so very Soviet.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

SomeDrunkenMick posted:

Romanias anthem is great, so very Soviet.

Ironic as it is a celebration of independence and Christianity.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Poite always manages to blend a look of disappointment and disgust so perfectly.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
This is a very dull match but I am eating a croissant.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

rejutka posted:

This is a very dull match but I am eating a croissant.

I'm voting we just end this match early, and get straight to the main event :{

SomeDrunkenMick
Apr 21, 2008

I'm smoking an ecigarette these days I've got two of the things lined up charged to keep on top of the nerves

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
"Excuse me, sir. You may not be aware of this, but you've just scored a try!"

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Where was this interesting stuff the rest of the match?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Big loving match lads...can't wait!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Let's do this :france:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
C'mon :ireland: is that smiley back yet?

No, it is not.

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

french anthem owns

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
I think we own the crowd.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I remain insanely jealous of literally every anthem but ours :(

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

rejutka posted:

C'mon :ireland: is that smiley back yet?

No, it is not.

cmon ireland :guinness:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Italy have the best one

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

French anthem needs to change to Do You Hear the People Sing from les mis

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot