Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Idk of imgay is scum or town but I'm gonna ignore his bullshit this game I think

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
bk made a character too and we playing together

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Bonezo & Baraas, bros 4 life.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 11, 2015

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##vote Kashuno

Both Kash and TMMad still sound really fake to me. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a fake slap-fight so they can distance from each other. I'd gladly vote either of them today.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

BottleKnight posted:

Bonezo & Baraas, bros 4 life.

I'm going to let this slide because I saw what the post originally was but you should really know better than editing.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm going to let this slide because I saw what the post originally was but you should really know better than editing.

Oh bahaha, I wasn't even thinking of that. You're totally right. Sorry!

For anyone wondering, the edit just added the pic.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Kashuno posted:

Thank you for confirming my suspicions

How does dismissing your suspicions make him more scum?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Right now you come across to me as scummy. Meta, but I'm actually surprised you threw down a vote so early it's not like you in town play, nor is it like you to push a case on someone this surely this early

##vote TMM

Kashuno seems weirdly defensive over SA while making a much worse against TMM.

I'd also agree to some extent that:

Poison Mushroom posted:

This whole exchange feels weird and fake.

I could see TMM/Kashuno or SA all being mafia, for the mean time though.

##vote Kashuno

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
why kill that guy and not the other guy if they both bad like you say

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

uranus posted:

kashuno pings me the most

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

almost all of everyone's post history is fluff, because it's d1 :confused: i'm just having fun shitposting, sorry if that makes me scum or something

I'll own up to being self-conscious though. That's not an act, every game I've played so far I get called out on hedging constantly. I'm an anxious person IRL and it bleeds into my cases/posting a lot, whether I'm town or scum. Not making excuses, I agree it's a bad habit and hopefully I'll do it less the more mafia experience I get.

rereading, will post in a minute with anything that sticks out to me

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

uranus posted:

I think you have something here.

Kash, what do you think of Tommunist saying you and TMM were a scum-to-scum encounter and then voting you?

Tommunist posted:

I could see TMM/Kashuno or SA all being mafia, for the mean time though.

##vote Kashuno

Wait what? explain the purpose of the word 'or' in that sentence. Who is the scumteam in this thought?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

Kash, what do you think of Tommunist saying you and TMM were a scum-to-scum encounter and then voting you?

Wait what? explain the purpose of the word 'or' in that sentence. Who is the scumteam in this thought?

its a bit badly phrased, but since can't edit, can't go back to calrify what i meant. i meant TMM and Kashuno AND SA as individual people could be scum, and they all ping me for different reasons.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

Why single me out when i was agreeing with what Pmush said?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Someone Awful! (3): BottleKnight, uranus, TMMadman
CapitalistPig (2): Quidnose, Conall, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Kashuno (2): TMMadman, TMMadman, Poison Mushroom, Tommunist
TMMadman (1): Kashuno
BottleKnight (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Section 31 (0): Quidnose, Quidnose, Someone Awful!, Someone Awful!

Not Voting (8): CapitalistPig, fiery_valkyrie, imgay, Magnus Gallant, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Rarity, Section 31, Someone Awful!

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 12th, 2015 at noon EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

its a bit badly phrased, but since can't edit, can't go back to calrify what i meant. i meant TMM and Kashuno AND SA as individual people could be scum, and they all ping me for different reasons.

So are Kash and TMM scum together in this scenario? Or all of them are likely scum and Kash is just the highest percentage?

Tommunist posted:

Because I also agree with what PMush said. You have more analysis on why Kash is a better vote than TMM, which reads as far worse to me.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

It's not just your SA vote, but your reaction to the scenario. You didn't feel confident enough to vote SA right away, but once the votes started rolling in, you were quick to hop on. You then question my alignment read, and are now acting defensive and condescending when I've not rolled over and let you off this case with no suspicion.

i think i agree with this logic; as others have pointed out it's kind of weird/hedgy (hi i'm a hypocrite!) to post about how my post was a bad post and then wait to gauge reactions before voting on me. if you thought it was a scummy post, why didn't you just vote immediately? idgi

##vote tmm

I'm not necessarily buying the fake slapfight angle but i don't know anyone's meta so maybe i'm missing something there

only other thing i've noticed is that there are like 4 people (meds cure schizos, f_v, section 31, imgay) who either havent posted anything game-related or haven't posted since d1 official start. which sucks.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

So are Kash and TMM scum together in this scenario? Or all of them are likely scum and Kash is just the highest percentage?
the latter

BottleKnight posted:

Because I also agree with what PMush said. You have more analysis on why Kash is a better vote than TMM, which reads as far worse to me.
my analysis is "far worse" because i put effort into my kash vote reasoning?

or am i reading this wrong?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

yeah i think i'm reading it wrong

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

my analysis is "far worse" because i put effort into my kash vote reasoning?

or am i reading this wrong?

Yes. That, and the context of why you would put in that extra effort when it amounts to the main reason being that they are both scum together. I don't get why you are separating them as vote candidates when your main reason is that it was a scum slapfight and they are both scum.

Obviously, you can only vote one of them, but I don't like the logic you add to get there.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

How is this "scum slapfight" my main reasoning?

My main reasoning was euqal parts the weird defence of SA and the scum accusation on TMM as well

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

How is this "scum slapfight" my main reasoning?

Tommunist posted:

??

Literally all PMush says is the slapfight stuff. You say you are agreeing with what she says. I think the stuff you add to her justification is bad. So whether it's your main reasoning or not, I don't like the rest.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

??

Literally all PMush says is the slapfight stuff. You say you are agreeing with what she says. I think the stuff you add to her justification is bad. So whether it's your main reasoning or not, I don't like the rest.

you took a part of my post and when i asked why you'd taken that bit of my post in particular when several people (most notably pMush) had agreed with it you argued that it was my main point and that my other arguments were somehow points that added pMushs justification????

Do you honestly think I'm scummy because honestly at the moment it seems you're just needlessly mis-presenting my posts.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Tommunist posted:

you took a part of my post and when i asked why you'd taken that bit of my post in particular when several people (most notably pMush) had agreed with it you argued that it was my main point and that my other arguments were somehow points that added pMushs justification????

Do you honestly think I'm scummy because honestly at the moment it seems you're just needlessly mis-presenting my posts.

Then we are literally arguing semantics for some reason, and I'll stop I guess.

I'm going to bed soon, but the answer is yes, and your vague answers got me from just asking questions I wanted answered to posting my suspicions. I'll follow through on my suspicions tomorrow.

Thank you for answering my questions though.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

no worries, i should get some sleep at some point as well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Kashuno

Both Kash and TMMad still sound really fake to me. I wouldn't be surprised if this was a fake slap-fight so they can distance from each other. I'd gladly vote either of them today.

This is the dumbest logic I have ever seen. Why would we put on a fake slapfight d1 if we are both scum?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

Tomm's reasoning doesn't logically follow; he claims I am doing this as a "weird defense of SA," yet I was the first one to call SA out for acting scummy against Conall. Calling out someone for being weird or casing someone strangely isn't an automatic defense of another player, it's analysis of the player that I'm calling out. It's a forced argument that reads to me as if Tomm isn't following the game closely, and is jumping on a really bad train.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

BottleKnight posted:

c'mon pig, didn't you just say you were gonna stop insulting people and try harder as town recently? You've done neither this game. Unless you're scum I guess.

Actually my pledge was to not call peoples cases "stupid" or call people "idiots" neither of which I have done.

I did tell one person to stop being dumb, which isn't the same.

Ok so ##vote sa for being a scum.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kashuno posted:

This is the dumbest logic I have ever seen. Why would we put on a fake slapfight d1 if we are both scum?
It's called "distancing", Kash. Faking not getting along to throw people off the scent of you being scum buddies. Even if you don't know the term, I find it really hard to believe you've never considered the concept.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

It's called "distancing", Kash. Faking not getting along to throw people off the scent of you being scum buddies. Even if you don't know the term, I find it really hard to believe you've never considered the concept.

I know what distancing is, but it's pretty terrible to assume I'm distancing early in the serious part of d1 from someone who really had no suspicion yet.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Kash why you so defensive?

##vote kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Magnus Gallant posted:

Kash why you so defensive?

##vote kashuno

This is how I always play. It's also why people always find me scummy regardless of my alignment.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually my pledge was to not call peoples cases "stupid" or call people "idiots" neither of which I have done.

I did tell one person to stop being dumb, which isn't the same.

Ok so ##vote sa for being a scum.

Why do you think he's scum?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Going back to this, why does it feel weird and fake to you?

Hey PMush, why did you ignore this question?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Also, this is a terribly condescending post.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Also, this is a terribly condescending post.

Does that make it scummy?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

##vote Kashuno

Also, if the whole things sound fake, why vote for Kashuno? You seem to think we are both scum buddies, so why be the first vote on a guy instead of putting your vote on the other guy you suspect is scum who already has a vote? Granted the only vote on me at the time is by a guy you think is scum, but the point still stands: if you think we are both scum, shouldn't you be looking to make one of us a viable lynch candidate instead of starting the train on the other?

Also, why do you think Kash is scummier out of the two of us?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
kash uno you are acting 'strange'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hi guys I was at a party all weekend and now I'm on a comedown and my brain don't work good.

##vote Kash

I'd love to have an elegant case to back that vote but I can't handle that kinda thing right now, this is pure gut read.

• Locked thread