Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
You spoil me, Ddraig. Although having teleporter NPCs would be really good, especially if you're adding in faction wars. It sure is a pain in the rear end to get around the Zone, now that it is pretty big!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I'm not adding them in. These changes are largely from the COC repo/dropbox. I'm just releasing them in a more convenient manner before the official patch.

I'll also be making a new version of that Alife mod where the faction war stuff is added along with the increased spawn rates etc, so things should be slightly more chaotic.

Turns out the problem with the crash was that I didn't have the updated files from the dropbox. Sultan is on his new throne after all:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/images/sultan-upon-his-new-throne

I'm grabbing the rest of the drop box, which has updated bump maps, maybe? Going to be adding those aswell.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Justin Time! posted:

It sure is a pain in the rear end to get around the Zone, now that it is pretty big!

Such is life in the Zone.

I think I am personally responsible for depopulating the world. All the Duty squads from Bar are gone because I led them to their deaths and they never respawned :(

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

PseudoFaux posted:

I just got pinned down in the swamps for the last hour because of a helicopter. Got tired of the helicopter just hovering over me, thinking I'd wait him out and let an emmission take care of his rear end (I've got anabolics) but nah, 60 minutes later and I've made absolutely 0 progress. But gently caress if I'm gonna give up my VSS. I'll try and be less patient later.

Have you tried shooting it down?

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

"So, you managed to drag your rear end over here? Bravo!" is a really good line for him to bark with where he's at

Sparkyhodgo
Jun 21, 2003
Long potato
I tried installing the new "final 1.0" version of OGSE v0.6.9.3 (http://www.ogse.ru/develop/0693/STALKER_OGSE_0693_OBT_wipe_2_stable.exe/) but I get a crash to desktop every time. Plugged in the v1.0006 and v1.0008b exes, but same result: immediate crash to desktop upon launch. Does this have something to do with my trying to run a Russian language mod on an English version of the game? Any insights how to get OGSE to run?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

EvanSchenck posted:

I have a problem with the optical sight overlay. I bought a PSO scope for my AN-94, but when I try to use it the image is vertically stretched. The very top of the scope is where it's supposed to be, but the whole thing is oblong... the bottom of the image disappears off the bottom of the screen, and the crosshair is way low. I have OWR3 and Ddraig's mod both installed, and I was guessing it was some kind of adverse interaction with those two like the outfits.ltx issue.

this is what it looks like when I aim through the PSO-1, in case it wasn't clear.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

EvanSchenck posted:

this is what it looks like when I aim through the PSO-1, in case it wasn't clear.

In configs/ui/textures_descr there should be ui_ingame.xml and ui_ingame.xml.alt. Delete the original and rename the alt version to ui_ingame.xml

Should fix the scope issue.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

Ddraig posted:

In configs/ui/textures_descr there should be ui_ingame.xml and ui_ingame.xml.alt. Delete the original and rename the alt version to ui_ingame.xml

Should fix the scope issue.

yup, that did it, thanks

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

Saint Sputnik posted:

Have you tried shooting it down?

All I had with me was a VSS and a Protecta. Just now, no less, got pinned in a box while an emission was going on. Seems Heli AI is more static during a blow out since that thing decided to just sit in one spot and let me plink it to death with SP-6 rounds. Unfortunately, it takes 2-3 full clips.

e: Adding steam to launch as administrator allowed the steam overlay but not steam streaming. It's fine. It works out in the end anyway.

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012
Edit: sorry, I jumped the gun, as it were. See you already sorted that out.

EvanSchenck posted:

I have a problem with the optical sight overlay. I bought a PSO scope for my AN-94, but when I try to use it the image is vertically stretched. The very top of the scope is where it's supposed to be, but the whole thing is oblong...

I noticed in the Read Me.txt file for OWR3 it mentions a scope fix, did you try that?

quote:

SCOPE FIX
----------
If you're experiencing crashing on DX9 or warped scopes on DX10/11 then try the following.
Delete the 'ui_ingame.xml' file in gamedata\configs\ui\textures_descr and rename the 'ui_ingame.xml.alt' file.

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012
I'm having a pretty good time with CoC (modded with OWR3, Absolute Nature/Structures and Ddraig's 1.9 mod).

However, every now and again I get a crash-to-desktop, most frequently when I attempt to trade with someone. Looking in the xray log shows the following:

quote:

stack trace:

0023:6B624906 d3d11.dll, D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain()
... [stuff]
0023:77AB9855 ntdll.dll, RtlInitializeExceptionChain()

[error][ 8] : Not enough storage is available to process this command.

Looks like an out-of-memory error. Anyone know, is there something specific I can turn off/reduce in the settings to make this happen less?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Ddraig posted:

I'm compiling COC Mod 2.0 which contains a ton of changes. The two biggest are the introduction of faction wars, and Sultan being moved from Zaton the Dark Valley bandit base, so bandits should get a source of jobs early on.

Unfortunately it seems the all.spawn may be slightly messed up as I can't start as a bandit, so it's going to have to wait a bit.

I'm super pumped for faction wars, especially for playing a bandit or monolith character.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
Hopefully other factions will get pissed at a constantly hovering helicopter over them.

Is the X-16 lab bugged Yantar? Playing CoC and I couldn't seem to shut down the miracle machine.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

PseudoFaux posted:

Hopefully other factions will get pissed at a constantly hovering helicopter over them.

Is the X-16 lab bugged Yantar? Playing CoC and I couldn't seem to shut down the miracle machine.

Make sure to hit all the other switches in the lower levels of the main room. I had the same issue.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
That sounds an awful lot like the complaint thrown at the original SoC, since nothing has changed. You have to make sure you switch off every lever on the way up.

Anyway, COC Mod 2.0 out!

quote:

2.0:

More changes from COC repo:

* More than can be listed here. Check the actual repo: https://bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl
* Sultan now at Dark Valley Bandit base. Requires NEW GAME START.
* More mysterious changes to the bin files. OoooooOooooOoooOooooH
* Basic faction war stuff.
* READ THE README IF YOU ENCOUNTER BROKEN STUFF, HAS COMPATABILTIY INFORMATION.

quote:

HUGE COMPATABILITY INFORMATION:

If you want to use the Alife Debalance 2.0, then install that after this. All the relevant patch changes from 2.0 have been included in the Alife Debalance 2.0, so if you install the Alife mod afterwards, everything will work. I will not help you if you do not do this as I have made everything compatible provided you install the ALIFE after the MAIN MOD.

Likewise, if you're using OWR3, you may get misaligned icons.

If this is the case, all you need to do is copy the outfits.ltx and quest_items.ltx from OWR3 (configs/misc) to the gamedata folder you're using, overwriting the files in this mod. This will fix the misaligned icons. The only changes are to exoskeleton shock protection and trader costs of the psi-helmets.

Nothing else has changed, so if you want to merge the two files then you can, but the easy fix is to just use the OWR3 versions.

https://mega.nz/#F!V4M3HYiK!ytP_5PQmAI2SYkOuCS2zCA

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Unrelatedly CoC has so little radio music. Its that one lady song and the three ukranian dadrock songs seemingly.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Avocados posted:

Unrelatedly CoC has so little radio music. Its that one lady song and the three ukranian dadrock songs seemingly.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-chernobyl/addons/factions-playlists-oldschool-add-on

It's what OGs use.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Avocados posted:

You can turn it off in the options. If I never have to hear that Firelake song again I'd be happy.

Although there's one song that plays in the bandit base that's basically "i like titties, vodka and herring, gently caress you" and it owns hard.

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012

Ddraig posted:

That sounds an awful lot like the complaint thrown at the original SoC, since nothing has changed. You have to make sure you switch off every lever on the way up.

Never played the original SoC, only clear sky and CoP. Thanks for this.

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

PseudoFaux posted:

Never played the original SoC, only clear sky and CoP. Thanks for this.

In SoC you're doing it whilst racing against a fairly short timer while avoiding burners and zombies. Getting to the lab is a bit tough, sure, but once you're in there it throws the kitchen sink at you.

Vorenus fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 12, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Which factions get faction wars missions to do? I'm trying to pick what my new character should be.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
After installing CoC 2.0 and the A-life Debalance, Nimble seems to have disappeared from the Rookie Village. Is he now in Skadovsk?

Edit: Nvm I think it's fixed now, probably another mod interfering with Nimble's spawn.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Oct 12, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Nimble should be there, he's scripted to turn on the main campfire, then go into the little house near the bunker and light the campfire there.

He may have been killed by the army? They do tend to spawn more.

As for the faction wars stuff, it's passive. There's a few areas, mainly in the military warehouses, that are now "faction controlled" which means most factions will contest those points. So expect to see battles between bandits, stalkers, freedom, duty, clear sky, mercenaries and even monolith in some smart terrains. One will even have different faction traders take over if that faction controls it.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How do you even get up to the Wish Granter? I'm in the same room but I can't figure out how to get up all this wreckage to it.

e: Also is there a way to remove the yellow filter all over everything inside the sarcophagus?

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

-Troika- posted:

How do you even get up to the Wish Granter? I'm in the same room but I can't figure out how to get up all this wreckage to it.

e: Also is there a way to remove the yellow filter all over everything inside the sarcophagus?

Face the wish granter, turn around to your left 180 degrees. There's a ladder leading up along the opposite wall that's hard to see with the yellow psi/radiation filters. Climb up that, and cross over some very unstable looking collapsed metal trussing around the edge of the room. Hop on down to the wish granter and make a wish!

And no, you can't turn off the filter. Your brain is barely holding up under a bombardment of an insane amount of ionizing radiation as well as psi-waves. You're lucky not to be a zombie at this point.

Speaking of annoying filters, is there a way to make the high contrast sights for the L85 and G36 only be yellow for the actual scope portion of the hud, and not the whole screen?

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Oct 12, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying
There's an interesting hangup when trying to implement faction war type stuff in the great swamp. Apparently the Ecologists control the Clear Sky main base, presumably because Doc is an Ecologist. I don't know how to change his faction, and if I kill him then the base just goes over to Stalkers. :v:

e: I just remembered that Guide is hanging out in the Csky base, too. I'll have to try killing both of them.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Oct 12, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Faction War stuff works on the basis that the last person inside it determines who controls it. So if Doc is left alive, he'll be considered the 'controller' of that smart, so only ecologists will spawn, as ecologists are considered the owners. Likewise if Doc is killed and it's only stalkers left, then that means it's stalker owned and similar rules will apply.

If you want to change Doc's faction affiliation, you can open up character_desc_marsh.xml in configs/gameplay. Doc is the first character listed, just change "ecolog" to "stalker" or whatever.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

So can I help monolith take control of the entire zone?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

FirstPersonShitter posted:

If you set every smart_terrain to be faction_controlled and put Monolith as one of the options, absolutely.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ddraig posted:

Faction War stuff works on the basis that the last person inside it determines who controls it. So if Doc is left alive, he'll be considered the 'controller' of that smart, so only ecologists will spawn, as ecologists are considered the owners. Likewise if Doc is killed and it's only stalkers left, then that means it's stalker owned and similar rules will apply.

If you want to change Doc's faction affiliation, you can open up character_desc_marsh.xml in configs/gameplay. Doc is the first character listed, just change "ecolog" to "stalker" or whatever.

Thanks, man. I figured that that was the problem. Guide is also set as a Stalker, so I guess that they'll both just have to become members of Clear Sky for that to work out.

Do you also know how to disable the military helicopters for certain maps? They're kind of a killjoy in the swamps as the military inevitably death marches the entire map.

This is one of the things I want to have made possible so, so very badly.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Certain smart terrains spawn helicopters. These are:

agr_smart_terrain_1_6_near_2.ltx (Agroprom)
ds_deb1.ltx (Darkscape)
esc_smart_terrain_4_13.ltx (Cordon)
katacomb_smart_terrain.ltx (Hospital)
lim_smart_terrain_7.ltx (Limansk)
mar_smart_terrain_8_9.ltx (Swamps)

Just remove the spawn_heli sections in any level you want to disable the helicopters in.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ddraig posted:

Certain smart terrains spawn helicopters. These are:

agr_smart_terrain_1_6_near_2.ltx (Agroprom)
ds_deb1.ltx (Darkscape)
esc_smart_terrain_4_13.ltx (Cordon)
katacomb_smart_terrain.ltx (Hospital)
lim_smart_terrain_7.ltx (Limansk)
mar_smart_terrain_8_9.ltx (Swamps)

Just remove the spawn_heli sections in any level you want to disable the helicopters in.

Oh, I thought that they would have spawned in one of the military smarts. :downs:

Thanks, you've been a big help.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Ddraig posted:

If you set every smart_terrain to be faction_controlled and put Monolith as one of the options, absolutely.

I think I'm too dumb/lazy to do that.

I really wish I still had my old computer, with the files from all the mods I made for the original SoC. I made icons and first person hands for a monolith exoskeleton, hands for the duty exoskeleton, the freedom exo, the military stalker suit, etc. Also the doggles mod.

But I put a lot of friggin time into the first person hands, colour matching and whatnot, and it pains me whenever I use the skat 9-m or the duty version and it has fingerless gloves instead of the proper full hands and sleeves they should have.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I know how you feel. I'm a stickler for details like that, which is probably why I get so little actually done :/

Think I'm going to make a new update for the COC mod with a bit more love for the Monolith. Thinking of maybe direct orders from the Monolith beamed into your head? You receive a task to either kill a stalker or take over a territory that comes directly to you from the Monolith, so you always have something to do.

Maybe the rewards could be the location of a random stash for each successful mission?

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I gotta say. CoC was really great, I mean downright amazing but not enough to put me off my Metro playthrough.

Then you came along and made two of the first mods for CoC and now it's basically Skyrim in the Zone but WAAAAAYYYY better.

Now can someone please somehow make the game make use of multiple cores for god's sake. Even though it's impossible do it some how and you'll make a shitton of people's lives complete.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 12, 2015

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
It's a problem people have been wrestling with for a while. I know Swartz has gotten multiple headaches from trying to do it.

The main problem is that there are very few actual real C++ programmers who want to dedicate time to it. I think most people who have been working on X-Ray are hobbyists at best, and a lot just picking it up as they go along.

I've tried poking my nose in a few times but the only success I've managed has been to include two new tabs to the PDA for a pseudo-encyclopaedia for COP and something else. I'm much better at Lua.

e: Some Radium news. In addition to emissions being terribly destructive, scary things that can gently caress up multiple things, including medical support systems in a special exoskeleton, they can also now happen anywhere.

I've successfully managed to get underground emissions working. So while you'll be shielded from most of the effects, you'll still feel the emission even in the labs/underground.

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Oct 12, 2015

NeoSeeker
Nov 26, 2007

:spergin:ASK ME ABOUT MY TOTALLY REALISTIC ZIPLINE-BASED ZOMBIE SURVIVAL PLAN & HOW THE ZOMBIE SURVIVAL VIDEO GAME GENRE HAS BEEN "RAPED BY THE MAINSTREAM":spergin:
I really knew I should have just gone to C++ instead of starting at Java. I stopped because of how underwhelming it is, and how my mind can't do math. I just bet that if I took a programming class for a language that was actual king poo poo and can get things done I might have finally been able to wrap my head around crunching numbers.

Also D I think regarding the monolith having missions "beamed" to your head, that would be cool, A perk to me personally. 2 things though.

1. Make it ambiguous where they are ACTUALLY coming from. As in there's a lore chance that it's just a mass delusion shared by all members of monolith instead of an actual psychic transmission from the monolith itself.

2. Make it so as soon as you recieve the order, other NPCs of the same faction (monolith) do as well. This way you'd achieve something eerie like when animals migrate to the exact same spot and humans have no clue as to why or how.

NeoSeeker fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 12, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I think I'm too dumb/lazy to do that.

It's actually pretty easy, hypothetically, but in practice I'm not sure if I've got things working correctly. I have a bunch of smart terrains marked as being faction controllable, but I'm also not at all sure if any of the spawns are working correctly, especially in bases with a lot of static NPCs like traders. Nothing seems to ever spawn at them, it's quite odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013

Ddraig posted:

It's a problem people have been wrestling with for a while. I know Swartz has gotten multiple headaches from trying to do it.

The main problem is that there are very few actual real C++ programmers who want to dedicate time to it. I think most people who have been working on X-Ray are hobbyists at best, and a lot just picking it up as they go along.

I've tried poking my nose in a few times but the only success I've managed has been to include two new tabs to the PDA for a pseudo-encyclopaedia for COP and something else. I'm much better at Lua.

e: Some Radium news. In addition to emissions being terribly destructive, scary things that can gently caress up multiple things, including medical support systems in a special exoskeleton, they can also now happen anywhere.

I've successfully managed to get underground emissions working. So while you'll be shielded from most of the effects, you'll still feel the emission even in the labs/underground.

And this is why I love the STALKER modding community. Constantly coming up with and toiling to implement new ideas and features, and with CoC released the door just opened on a ton of new possibilities. Please keep being awesome and ignore the terrible reddit "This mod is really buggy guys" posts.