Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Kashuno posted:

Tomm's reasoning doesn't logically follow; he claims I am doing this as a "weird defense of SA," yet I was the first one to call SA out for acting scummy against Conall. Calling out someone for being weird or casing someone strangely isn't an automatic defense of another player, it's analysis of the player that I'm calling out. It's a forced argument that reads to me as if Tomm isn't following the game closely, and is jumping on a really bad train.

I agree with this paragraph and it kind of summarizes how Tomm just jumps on a bandwagon and adds only fake content to it.

TMMadman posted:

Also, if the whole things sound fake, why vote for Kashuno? You seem to think we are both scum buddies, so why be the first vote on a guy instead of putting your vote on the other guy you suspect is scum who already has a vote? Granted the only vote on me at the time is by a guy you think is scum, but the point still stands: if you think we are both scum, shouldn't you be looking to make one of us a viable lynch candidate instead of starting the train on the other?

Also, why do you think Kash is scummier out of the two of us?

okay, so what do you think of Tommunist, who says why he thinks Kash is scummier?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conall
Oct 8, 2015
Checking in real quick cause it's a work night and I need sleep.

I can see Kash or Tmm faking that exhange but it didn't stand out to me before it was pointed out so that might be some bias affecting me.

I'm gonna contribute more tomorrow when I can read things closer and the weekend is over.

Not moving my vote yet cause I still like my dumb case even if nobody else does.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Kashuno posted:

Tomm's reasoning doesn't logically follow; he claims I am doing this as a "weird defense of SA," yet I was the first one to call SA out for acting scummy against Conall. Calling out someone for being weird or casing someone strangely isn't an automatic defense of another player, it's analysis of the player that I'm calling out. It's a forced argument that reads to me as if Tomm isn't following the game closely, and is jumping on a really bad train.

You were, but then you claimed you didn't think he was scum and voted for TMM after he made a post on kashuno. And it's not like SA hadn't had pressure on him before that, so I think noting that you were the first to call him out for acting weird against conall is kinda moot, you were t pioneering anything.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

You were, but then you claimed you didn't think he was scum and voted for TMM after he made a post on kashuno. And it's not like SA hadn't had pressure on him before that, so I think noting that you were the first to call him out for acting weird against conall is kinda moot, you were t pioneering anything.

Reread Tmm and tell me you think he's town

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
##unvote

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Magnus Gallant posted:

Reread Tmm and tell me you think he's town

Will do, he was someone else I considered when I put my post on kashuno.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

TMMadman posted:

Hey PMush, why did you ignore this question?
Right, let me just hurry and give you a four paragraph analysis of the in-depth particulars of a gut feeling.

TMMadman posted:

Also, if the whole things sound fake, why vote for Kashuno? You seem to think we are both scum buddies, so why be the first vote on a guy instead of putting your vote on the other guy you suspect is scum who already has a vote? Granted the only vote on me at the time is by a guy you think is scum, but the point still stands: if you think we are both scum, shouldn't you be looking to make one of us a viable lynch candidate instead of starting the train on the other?

Also, why do you think Kash is scummier out of the two of us?
TM, you're either incredibly defensive, or really bad at hiding that TM is your scum buddy. It's still Day 1, with plenty of time until deadline. I didn't spend ten minutes deciding which of you I would vote over the other.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Mafia edit: really bad at hiding that Kash is your scum buddy*

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Right, let me just hurry and give you a four paragraph analysis of the in-depth particulars of a gut feeling.

TM, you're either incredibly defensive, or really bad at hiding that TM is your scum buddy. It's still Day 1, with plenty of time until deadline. I didn't spend ten minutes deciding which of you I would vote over the other.

I didn't ask you to give a 4 paragraph analysis of why you felt the exchange between me and Kash, I simply asked you for a reason. If you want to go with gut, then that's fine. Why do you feel the need to be so defensive and dismissive of a simple question?

Also, how is it being defensive when I'm asking you why you didn't vote for me? And your attitude towards voting and not spending time actually deciding who is scum disturbs me.

##vote PMush

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm being dismissive because you're trying to distract the attention away from you and undermine my argument. And the more I argue with you about it, the more your plan succeeds.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm being dismissive because you're trying to distract the attention away from you and undermine my argument. And the more I argue with you about it, the more your plan succeeds.

So asking you questions to clarify your position on me is trying to draw attention away from me? And what argument? You said you're voting on a gut call.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
TMM is giving heated dismissals of people and their opinions so far. I'm pretty confident about my vote.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

On a reread, I've cooled on SA. I'd much rather ##vote tommunist

Would also vote TMM.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Wow...that's some pages and walls of texts to read.

I want to contemplate. But first, I suspect that there's a glitch in WoW to gain secret advantages for your own character like

##vote Section 31

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

TMM is giving heated dismissals of people and their opinions so far. I'm pretty confident about my vote.

Once again, can some explain how I'm being dismissive when I am directly engaging PMush and asking the reasons behind her vote?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Section 31 posted:

Wow...that's some pages and walls of texts to read.

I want to contemplate. But first, I suspect that there's a glitch in WoW to gain secret advantages for your own character like

##vote Section 31

why do you do this weird poo poo

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Also, I'm convinced one of these players have secret hack running in their background.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

why do you do this weird poo poo
You don't play much WoW, do you?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

we are way past jokephase, dude.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

BottleKnight posted:

we are way past jokephase, dude.

yeah this is really questionable

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Tommunist posted:

Will do, he was someone else I considered when I put my post on kashuno.

and by will do i mean will do when i can spend more then 5 mins on it

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Once again, can some explain how I'm being dismissive when I am directly engaging PMush and asking the reasons behind her vote?

Discussing with someone and talking down to them are two different things dude

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Kashuno (3): TMMadman, TMMadman, Poison Mushroom, Tommunist, Magnus Gallant, Rarity, Magnus Gallant
CapitalistPig (2): Quidnose, Conall, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom
Someone Awful! (2): BottleKnight, uranus, TMMadman, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, BottleKnight
TMMadman (2): Kashuno, Someone Awful!
Tommunist (1): BottleKnight
Poison Mushroom (1): TMMadman
Section 31 (1): Quidnose, Quidnose, Someone Awful!, Someone Awful!, Section 31
BottleKnight (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (4): fiery_valkyrie, imgay, Magnus Gallant, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 12th, 2015 at noon EDT -- that's in about 16 hours, 3 minutes.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Also, is this deadline okay? I'm awful at timezones, so I can bump it a bit if it doesn't work for people.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Its terrible. Thats 2am for me.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
f_v is in this game?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Its terrible. Thats 2am for me.

3 am for me :(

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Kashuno posted:

f_v is in this game?

Rude.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Enjoy your extra ten hours to yell at each other then.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It was over 2 and a half days. :shrug:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

It was the weekend.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Nice drama between Poison Mushroom and TMMadman

##vote TMMadman

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Section 31 posted:

Nice drama between Poison Mushroom and TMMadman

##vote TMMadman

Does this mean you think they are both scum? Would you vote for PMush instead?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

It's not just your SA vote, but your reaction to the scenario. You didn't feel confident enough to vote SA right away, but once the votes started rolling in, you were quick to hop on. You then question my alignment read, and are now acting defensive and condescending when I've not rolled over and let you off this case with no suspicion.

I agree with Kash here.

TMMadman posted:

So it's weird to you that I think a bad post is bad and when asked why I think it's bad, I explain myself and cast a vote?

Do you think that post by SA is a good post?

The issue for me TMM is that you didn't think the post warranted a vote until two other people had voted the player you talked about. If you'd had your vote on another player and you were serious about that vote, I could understand you might have some reluctance to move it, but you were only sitting on a joke vote.

Also, why wait to be asked before explaining why you thought it was a bad post?

##vote TMM

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

Because I also agree with what PMush said. You have more analysis on why Kash is a better vote than TMM, which reads as far worse to me.

BottleKnight posted:

Yes. That, and the context of why you would put in that extra effort when it amounts to the main reason being that they are both scum together. I don't get why you are separating them as vote candidates when your main reason is that it was a scum slapfight and they are both scum.

Obviously, you can only vote one of them, but I don't like the logic you add to get there.

BK, I don't understand what you are saying here. You agree with Tommunist that the Kash/TMM interaction is probably scum-on-scum, but Tommunist is suspicious for posting some additional thoughts and voting for Kash?

If he had voted for Kash with no other comments would you be suspicious?
If he had voted for TMM would you be suspicious?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Poison Mushroom posted:

This is a really over the top reaction to being asked to expand on your opinion in a game where that is pretty much all we do.

I think it's reasonable for TMM to ask and I'd also like you to elaborate since you never answered the question. Now that we're nearing deadline and there is a lot more content, can you explain why you think TMM/Kash are scum outside of "gut feelings"?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Now that we're nearing deadline and there is a lot more content, can you explain why you think TMM/Kash are scum outside of "gut feelings"?
Not really? Their responses back and forth feel incredibly standard for what I've seen of them in slap fights, but it's almost too perfect? Too consistent, which is a weird thing to say. Something about how perfectly normal they're being strikes me as abnormal. Especially for an emotional player like Kashuno, I'm suspicious.

It's like a robot playing a piano. All the notes are right, but the way they're played is stiff and exact and it's kind of unnerving.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:colbert: I am not an emotional player

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
For what it's worth, I could see pmush and TMM scum together. Pmush feels like they're floundering right now especially with pmush coming out and saying "yeah they both look scummy right guys? Vote kash" to keep some sus on TMM in case he flips scum, but also pushing pressure off him onto me by making people choose a side in the argument. When I'm at a computer I'll try to build s better case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Not really? Their responses back and forth feel incredibly standard for what I've seen of them in slap fights, but it's almost too perfect? Too consistent, which is a weird thing to say. Something about how perfectly normal they're being strikes me as abnormal. Especially for an emotional player like Kashuno, I'm suspicious.

It's like a robot playing a piano. All the notes are right, but the way they're played is stiff and exact and it's kind of unnerving.

This is an incredibly forced post. You really want to hang your defense on it''s 'almost too perfect'?

• Locked thread