Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Aumanor posted:

Some newbie questions: how hosed am I for only starting this recently? And is it worth spending Quartz on more inventory slots?
Not much. At least nothing event specific are super good must-have to worry about it. You have a little advantage of rolling current event roll chance boosted servant via rerolling. Kinoki is a great berserker if you want to reroll for him.

Inventory slot is up to you, I would save it for rolling until you can get yourself at least three servants that's 4-5 stars. I still have mine at 65.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nyaa posted:

Not much. At least nothing event specific are super good must-have to worry about it. You have a little advantage of rolling current event roll chance boosted servant via rerolling. Kinoki is a great berserker if you want to reroll for him.

Inventory slot is up to you, I would save it for rolling until you can get yourself at least three servants that's 4-5 stars. I still have mine at 65.

I'm not exactly clear on this rerolling thing. From what i've gathered it's just deleting the files and starting from scratch, right?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Aumanor posted:

I'm not exactly clear on this rerolling thing. From what i've gathered it's just deleting the files and starting from scratch, right?
No idea on that, I never rerolled, but the typical way is to delete the game and re-download it. I would keep that roll though since Jenne is like a reverse berserker and that Prisma Cosmos CE is a great card to put on her.

She will almost never die for a long time.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
One more question for the road: What does the stuff you can buy for mana prisms do and which ones are worth buying? I'm currently sitting on around a hundred.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Aumanor posted:

Unreasonable expectations, most probably, but I was hoping for the five-star Berserker. He's been carrying me as a support until Troika changed his leader :v: Other than Jeanne I only have three-star servants and I've been kind of reluctant in feeding them higher star exp cards. I still don't really have a feel for many aspects of this game. Oh well, I'll do another draw and see what to do from there.

Some newbie questions: how hosed am I for only starting this recently? And is it worth spending Quartz on more inventory slots?
Post your friend ID if you're looking to add more friend supports. I have a level 80 Vlad that can help with most content and I'm willing to purge my friends list again to help out. There are others with very good leaders that can probably add you as well.

As for purchasing more inventory slots: it's not really necessary until you hit a hard wall. By that, I mean reaching max levels for most of your servants and being unable to ascend them because of (currently) unobtainable ascension materials. For the early game, you'll get by with the default amount, but once you reach a certain point then you can purchase inventory expansions. Until you've reached a wall, it's better to save Quartz for rolls that could probably help bolster your line-up or team composition.

I have 160 total inventory slots and I've rarely gone over 80 used spaces because I'll eventually feed all my saved 4* EXP cards to someone. At least having all this space enables me to hoard as many EXP cards as I can :v:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Aumanor posted:

One more question for the road: What does the stuff you can buy for mana prisms do and which ones are worth buying? I'm currently sitting on around a hundred.

Did you buy the red/gold chest and the summoning tickets yet (those are basically one free roll on the quartz gatcha)? Those are limited time only as well as any item marked as 400 Mill.

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
I'm pretty sure I did like five or so 40-quartz draws before I ever got my first 4* Servant....

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Friend code's 728,344,136

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Aumanor posted:

Unreasonable expectations, most probably, but I was hoping for the five-star Berserker. He's been carrying me as a support until Troika changed his leader :v: Other than Jeanne I only have three-star servants and I've been kind of reluctant in feeding them higher star exp cards. I still don't really have a feel for many aspects of this game. Oh well, I'll do another draw and see what to do from there.

If you recently started the game there is no better servant to have than Jeanne. She's roughly a million times better at lower levels than a berserker. You might start wishing she was a berserker when you can comfortably farm the 40 AP exp quests, but even then I've had level 70 friends list Berserkers get focus fired down in the first turn of the first round and relied on level 30ish Jeanne to carry me through.

Trihugger posted:

The first time I used Jeanne was an accident on one of the 30 AP Nero events. She was level 1. Not only was she my last servant standing, but I actually won that battle.

With a level 33 Artoria and a level 27 Jeanne I have been able to clear all the content and events in F/GO. Except for Orion. Jeanne didn't need dead weight Saber in that fight.

So at least from a gameplay perspective, she lives up to the marshmallowy fanservice hype.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

I can't wait for more ruler to be released and make the ultimate ruler team that can survive anything the fate universe will throw at me.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
The Good End BD is out, and it's :3: Also great ED piano theme which I assume is from the VN and is Saber's theme?

It isn't remotely as long as the original epilogue so I would assume events right afterwards proceed roughly the same way but better + more adventuring.

With Saber training Shirou at the clocktower I imagine Shirou's goal is a lot more easily in reach plus her support as a somewhat nerfed (because of mana constraints) Heroic Spirit.

Yeah narrative and all that, but as an ending it's implications are mostly positive aside from whatever goes on with Sakura afterwards in the non-HF endings (probably nothing much bad, Shinji seems to mellow out in the end of UBW and presumably Zouken just decides to wait until the next war which never comes because of Waver).

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Well, Rin's harem is truly complete with Saber around, so either way is a good ending for her.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Aumanor posted:

Since I don't think anyone has explicitly said this, the drop rate for 4*/5* servants is extremely low in this game. You could possibly spend $1000 on multi-rolls and not get a specific 5* you were aiming for (unless it was a drop-rate increase event for that specific servant, like the current one for Gintoki). I think there's something like a 9-10% chance of getting a 5* servant for each multi-roll (1-.99^10). This means that aiming for a 5* servant when rerolling would be extremely gruelling (you'd possibly be looking at ~50-100 rerolls), much less a specific 5*, so I highly recommend against rerolling if you were considering doing so (now that you already have a 5*, much less one of the best 5*s).

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

The Good End BD is out, and it's :3: Also great ED piano theme which I assume is from the VN and is Saber's theme?

It isn't remotely as long as the original epilogue so I would assume events right afterwards proceed roughly the same way but better + more adventuring.

With Saber training Shirou at the clocktower I imagine Shirou's goal is a lot more easily in reach plus her support as a somewhat nerfed (because of mana constraints) Heroic Spirit.

Yeah narrative and all that, but as an ending it's implications are mostly positive aside from whatever goes on with Sakura afterwards in the non-HF endings (probably nothing much bad, Shinji seems to mellow out in the end of UBW and presumably Zouken just decides to wait until the next war which never comes because of Waver).

I'm less optimistic about Sakura. One of Zouken's obvious possible moves to try to stop Rin and Waver from destroying the Grail is using Sakura as a hostage. At the very least, she's still going to have the Crest Worms nibbling at her as long as Zouken is around.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

About crest worms - do they physically exist or are they some sort of strange magical entity? Like, if a doctor did an examination on Sakura's body would he see all these worms (or at least a bunch of her body being hosed up as a result)? Or do they just stick to her magic circuits or whatever?

edit: please tell me it's the latter

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lol about that

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ytlaya posted:

About crest worms - do they physically exist or are they some sort of strange magical entity? Like, if a doctor did an examination on Sakura's body would he see all these worms (or at least a bunch of her body being hosed up as a result)? Or do they just stick to her magic circuits or whatever?

If I remember correctly, a little of column A, a little of column B, depending on what Zouken has them do (and/or whether Nasu wants you to start vomiting now).

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Go on...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Has anyone even been subbing UBW's BDs? Farthest along that I could find was up to ep 12.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Nate RFB posted:

Has anyone even been subbing UBW's BDs? Farthest along that I could find was up to ep 12.

UTW announced they would be doing them "October-ish". Remember that the second cour (ep. 13-25) BDs have only been out for four days.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh that's right I forgot they were doing them in one big release this time around, duh that makes sense.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Halloween Event announced. Free 4* Halloween Elizabeth will be given out after clearing last event quest.

More will be announcer later. Some speculations are new horror themed servants like Frankenstein.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
That Halloweezabeth looks mega cute, so i hope she doesn't suffer from the Lily Curse.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ytlaya posted:

They physically exist, unfortunately. Also lol you think Sakura has ever been anywhere near a doctor. :smith:

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently there will be a Halloween event for FGO, wherein we'll be able to apparently get a special limited edition Halloween Elizabeth Bathory. :raise:

(I don't have enough dragon teeth to ascend the first one a second time even :negative:)

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Silver2195 posted:

I'm less optimistic about Sakura. One of Zouken's obvious possible moves to try to stop Rin and Waver from destroying the Grail is using Sakura as a hostage. At the very least, she's still going to have the Crest Worms nibbling at her as long as Zouken is around.

A few HF scenes with Sakura thinking to herself seem to imply that when Zouken isn't doing anything in particular she has a decent amount of control over them (since that is her magecraft now?) and I don't think are as bad when she doesn't have a Servant draining her mana.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Apparently there will be a Halloween event for FGO, wherein we'll be able to apparently get a special limited edition Halloween Elizabeth Bathory. :raise:

(I don't have enough dragon teeth to ascend the first one a second time even :negative:)

Will this Elizabeth Bathory have the same skills as the original one, and do we know if the original one can be fed to her to increase her Noble Phantasm?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
What is that purple polyhedron thing you can buy in the store for 100 prisms? Also, is Boudica any good because between the normal draw, the quartz draw, and the reward for clearing Rome I got three of them in the span of 24 hours and I'm beginning to think the game is trying to tell me something.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Aumanor posted:

What is that purple polyhedron thing you can buy in the store for 100 prisms? Also, is Boudica any good because between the normal draw, the quartz draw, and the reward for clearing Rome I got three of them in the span of 24 hours and I'm beginning to think the game is trying to tell me something.

I believe it is the item you use to upgrade a skill to level 10. In other words, you probably won't be using it for a really, really long time.

In case you're not aware, you can upgrade Boudica's NP by feeding her to herself in the Noble Phantasm menu option. She might be worth using in place of one of your existing 1*/2* servants until you get something better.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ytlaya posted:

I believe it is the item you use to upgrade a skill to level 10. In other words, you probably won't be using it for a really, really long time.

More like never, when it costs tens of millions of QP.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Schubalts posted:

Well, I have 20-30M right now (mostly from what they've given out during events) so it wouldn't be super impossible when thinking about the game in the long term, but when considering the cost of all the levels and items prior to 10 (and multiple skills on each servant) it's definitely the sort of thing that you won't be completing unless you play the game regularly for a very long time.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

In case you're not aware, you can upgrade Boudica's NP by feeding her to herself in the Noble Phantasm menu option. She might be worth using in place of one of your existing 1*/2* servants until you get something better.

I'm just wondering if there's any point in feeding her exp cards. My three stars include Caster Cu, Lancer Cu, the aforementionned Boudica, Robin Hood, Mephistopheles and Kiyohime. Any of those worth leveling?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Boudica is, bluntly, NOT VERY GOOD. Her stats are pretty low even among Riders, and she has the additional drawback that she has a non-damaging Noble Phantasm, which are almost unilaterally bad(there are a few exceptions - Ruler's, for instance). Level and upgrade her when you have spare stuff lying around to unlock her Interlude, but I wouldn't bother actually using her otherwise if you can help it.

As for Halloween Liz, I'm torn. On the one hand, she's a great Servant, but on the other she's also the one I chose when they did that free giveaway. So if they're exactly the same, I'm somewhat annoyed I didn't choose a 4* from a different class. I'll probably hold onto the Dragon Fangs I currently have(only one short of her second ascension at the moment) until we get more info.

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 11, 2015

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Aumanor posted:

I'm just wondering if there's any point in feeding her exp cards. My three stars include Caster Cu, Lancer Cu, the aforementionned Boudica, Robin Hood, Mephistopheles and Kiyohime. Any of those worth leveling?

Kiyohime is a pretty decent berserker with a great all-enemies NP. The Cus are good at low levels with good NPs but their stat growths fall off at mid levels. Robin Hood has great HP and does huge NP damage but his normal attacks are lackluster. Boobica's NP is a party buff, which I don't really find useful, but I haven't leveled her to try her out.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lord Koth posted:

Boudica is, bluntly, NOT VERY GOOD. Her stats are pretty low even among Riders, and she has the additional drawback that she has a non-damaging Noble Phantasm, which are almost unilaterally bad(there are a few exceptions - Ruler's, for instance). Level and upgrade her when you have spare stuff lying around to unlock her Interlude, but I wouldn't bother actually using her otherwise if you can help it.

While I agree about the NP, her stats aren't any better or worse than other 3* Riders (this applies to pretty much every servant, actually; any X* servant will have roughly the same sum of HP/ATK as any other X* servant). She has 10130/6289 max HP/ATK while Medusa, for example, has 8937/7200.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Ytlaya posted:

Will this Elizabeth Bathory have the same skills as the original one, and do we know if the original one can be fed to her to increase her Noble Phantasm?
Nasu mentioned this Elizabeth is different from the normal one, and I think it would be more trouble to program her to count as the same servant than making a new entry for her.

Schubalts posted:

I got 33 millions from doing everything in the last two servant based events. So I won't worry about QP being a problem for anyone if DW would keep up with the two events per month schedule.

Edit:

Aumanor posted:

Also, is Boudica any good because between the normal draw
Boudica is not good even against Roman with Oath to the Goddess B buff. Her NP is terrible with the weak buff that barely last long at all. Her card spread isn't good.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Oct 12, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

While I agree about the NP, her stats aren't any better or worse than other 3* Riders (this applies to pretty much every servant, actually; any X* servant will have roughly the same sum of HP/ATK as any other X* servant). She has 10130/6289 max HP/ATK while Medusa, for example, has 8937/7200.

Except that 1000 point difference in ATK is huge, and I'd say it's significantly more important than the 1200 point difference in HP. That gap in ATK means there's actually a noticeable difference in how quickly you kill stuff - which means the enemy gets more attacks as well. And, more importantly, a better chance of activating their NP, which tend to be one-shot kills regardless of HP you have due to how much damage they do.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I'm kinda wondering if Halloweezabeth will even be a Lancer. It would be pretty fun if she was a Caster or something because of the witch costume, and it would fill the 4-star Caster void.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Lord Koth posted:

Except that 1000 point difference in ATK is huge,
I will echo a 1000 atk difference is HUGE. It's 1k more damage per card, and when you put it into multiplier like a 900% NP, it's extra 9000 damage.

Freak Futanari posted:

I'm kinda wondering if Halloweezabeth will even be a Lancer. It would be pretty fun if she was a Caster or something because of the witch costume, and it would fill the 4-star Caster void.
Lancer class have a bigger void of not having a 5* yet and Elizarbert is the only 4* lancer. I hope she is a lancer judging from her pitchfork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jellycat
Nov 5, 2012

it's a nice day
The new Elizabeth is a Caster and you'll have to have finished Orleans to be able to do the event (campaign quests will be half-AP through the end of the month).
There's also going to be a new update like the one that showed which wave it is/let you change battle commands. It's going to introduce a new item that'll restore AP and I guess if you use that or a Quartz, you'll be able to restore past your max AP.
The update will let you choose which battle graphic to use for ascended Servants and it looks like they'll also show information about enemy classes before you start a quest.
There's a few more things but those are some of the bigger changes.
They also plan on releasing the new chapter after the event, in the early part of November.