Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Forget the numbers-- that's a bad man right there"
https://www.facebook.com/BlueJays/videos/vb.34558408771/10153323707813772/?type=2&theater

Troy Tulowitzki's first hit of the post-season was a 3 run blast that sent this series into game 4. Who knows, maybe it will give the Jays their swagger back? Maybe my lady friend doesn't have to visit her grandpa at the group home for Canadian thanksgiving and I get to watch it with her? There's a lot of things in the air but all I know is this: a lot of people counted Tulo out and he changed the entire fabric of the series with one swing of his bat. What other inspiring stories can you tell? Romo finding his poise? No because that's more of a TFF thing and he's broken anyway so that's not a happy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Although after a long time insulting the guy Tony Romo did find his poise and I'll go to the death defending him

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

sweet thursday posted:

a lot of people counted Tulo out

Who "counted Tulo out"? All I ever heard anybody say was "wish he was hitting like his old self." During his terrible Toronto hitting slump he still got 39 hits in 41 games, including 5 dingers and 17 RBIs. Meanwhile he was rocking the defense for 0 errors in 340 innings, winning game after game after game.

Anybody who thinks he needed redemption wasn't watching Blue Jays games this summer. He never stopped being awesome.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

First hit in 3 games. 0 for 11 you start questioning a guy's ability to come up big. Redemption doesn't have to mean they started from the practice roster drafted in the 7th round. Don't hate, participate.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

sweet thursday posted:

First hit in 3 games. 0 for 11 you start questioning a guy's ability to come up big.

Only if you're a dummy.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Never count out Touchdown Troy

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
I am so inspired by a trillionaire superstar digging deep and playing the game at his average level after two days of failure that would barely be a blip on normal players' radars. Brings a tear to my eye.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

You guys are no fun and also a big bundle of rotting turds out in the sun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jummy
Jun 14, 2007

Oh, my love, my darling.
Someday with enough grit and hustle maybe you'll be able to redeem yourself from this terrible thread.

• Locked thread