Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I agree with Kash here.

The issue for me TMM is that you didn't think the post warranted a vote until two other people had voted the player you talked about. If you'd had your vote on another player and you were serious about that vote, I could understand you might have some reluctance to move it, but you were only sitting on a joke vote.

Also, why wait to be asked before explaining why you thought it was a bad post?

##vote TMM

Or maybe it's just that I was reading the thread in the morning and made a quick post about how awful SAs post was before going about my business for the day. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't spot. If I had said "oh this post is awful" and dropped a vote with no other explanation, then I'd be getting hit for dropping an easy vote and then making up the reason for it later. But instead, I'm getting hit because I did it by saying it's an awful post (and seriously, do people think it's a good post?) and then coming back later and giving my reason why I thought it was a bad post combined with my vote.

At this point, it's I'm pretty sure that at least one vote on me is scum. The real question is whether it's Kash and his starting vote, or Section 31 and his drive by third vote. It's also possible it's SA since I feel like his reasoning for voting is weak here:

Someone Awful! posted:

i think i agree with this logic; as others have pointed out it's kind of weird/hedgy (hi i'm a hypocrite!) to post about how my post was a bad post and then wait to gauge reactions before voting on me. if you thought it was a scummy post, why didn't you just vote immediately? idgi

##vote tmm

I'm not necessarily buying the fake slapfight angle but i don't know anyone's meta so maybe i'm missing something there

only other thing i've noticed is that there are like 4 people (meds cure schizos, f_v, section 31, imgay) who either havent posted anything game-related or haven't posted since d1 official start. which sucks.

He doesn't actually say anything substantional but think he agrees with Kashs logic, except Kashs logic is a stretch by a mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
You keep saying my logic is flawed, and yet you provide no actual rebuttal; for example when I commented that tomm's logic didn't follow, I actually provided real evidence. You just dismiss it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

For what it's worth, I could see pmush and TMM scum together. Pmush feels like they're floundering right now especially with pmush coming out and saying "yeah they both look scummy right guys? Vote kash" to keep some sus on TMM in case he flips scum, but also pushing pressure off him onto me by making people choose a side in the argument. When I'm at a computer I'll try to build s better case

You really like stretching this game Kash. This logic doesn't make any sense to me at all. In your theory of PMush and I as scum together, why would I come in and attack her for voting you? The bold part makes the least sense to me. If PMush and I are scum together, then she knows I will flip scum, it's not an in case I flip scum deal.

You're making poo poo up and I think you might actually be scum this game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In fact, let's go ahead and find out if PMush is scum with you Kash.

##vote Kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm saying that in the case you flip scum, pmush looks okay for still keeping suspicion on you while casting a vote for me. I don't know 100% you're going to flip scum, you're being really obtuse right there. Also, casing/attacking a fellow scumbro isn't exactly a new strat. I do it all the time :shrug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

In fact, let's go ahead and find out if PMush is scum with you Kash.

##vote Kash

"Let's find out if pmush is scum if you flip scum. Vote kash."

Cool chain lynch setup!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm saying that in the case you flip scum, pmush looks okay for still keeping suspicion on you while casting a vote for me. I don't know 100% you're going to flip scum, you're being really obtuse right there. Also, casing/attacking a fellow scumbro isn't exactly a new strat. I do it all the time :shrug:

This is really weird defense of PMush.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

"Let's find out if pmush is scum if you flip scum. Vote kash."

Cool chain lynch setup!

Way to be dismissive of my vote.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

This is really weird defense of PMush.

Defense of a player that I think is scum?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

fiery_valkyrie posted:

BK, I don't understand what you are saying here. You agree with Tommunist that the Kash/TMM interaction is probably scum-on-scum, but Tommunist is suspicious for posting some additional thoughts and voting for Kash?

If he had voted for Kash with no other comments would you be suspicious?
If he had voted for TMM would you be suspicious?

I would be less suspicious if he had done that, yes. The content he added to why Kash was scummier was bad and forced and this concept screamed out to me that he knows Kash is town and TMM is scum, which is why I asked Kash what he thought. Also why I said I'd vote TMM.

It's a perfect plan since you get to be early on a bandwagon, and also when you're wrong you can just parachute your scumbuddy as town.

It doesn't look like Tommunist is being lynched so ##vote TMM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I would be less suspicious if he had done that, yes. The content he added to why Kash was scummier was bad and forced and this concept screamed out to me that he knows Kash is town and TMM is scum, which is why I asked Kash what he thought. Also why I said I'd vote TMM.

It's a perfect plan since you get to be early on a bandwagon, and also when you're wrong you can just parachute your scumbuddy as town.

It doesn't look like Tommunist is being lynched so ##vote TMM

So despite the fact that you think the reason Kash is voting me is a reach, you think I'm the scum here?

I don't understand that logic.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also just to be clear BK, your reason for voting me is because you think Tommunist is scum and knows I'm scum. What do you think of my posting? Does my posting make you think I'm scum?

The last time you voted for me on D1 with a weak reason was when you were scum and tried to stick with a meta read. Are you scum here?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

So despite the fact that you think the reason Kash is voting me is a reach, you think I'm the scum here?

I don't understand that logic.

Those two thoughts are disconnected and you're being obtuse.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Also just to be clear BK, your reason for voting me is because you think Tommunist is scum and knows I'm scum. What do you think of my posting? Does my posting make you think I'm scum?

The last time you voted for me on D1 with a weak reason was when you were scum and tried to stick with a meta read. Are you scum here?

I don't understand the utility of this post but no, I'm not scum. I think your interactions have been weird and I think you've been pretty slimy so I think you'll flip scum this game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I don't understand the utility of this post but no, I'm not scum. I think your interactions have been weird and I think you've been pretty slimy so I think you'll flip scum this game.

The utility is obvious: I'm trying to get you to clarify your position on why I'm scum. Since you don't seem to want to do that beyond gut I'm going to have to assume you're scum.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You're both engaged in a pointless slap fight over nothing. Stop it. You're both pretty.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

You're both engaged in a pointless slap fight over nothing. Stop it. You're both pretty.

Interesting post from a guy with only 4 posts and no opinions. So who do you think is scum?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I've been busy all weekend, given that the game started over a four day. I tried to replace out, but given that the game's dragged on a bit, I'm catching back up.

In the meantime, it's my professional opinion that you two are both town arguing over exactly nothing, but that's from a cursory read of the last page.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

TMMadman posted:

The utility is obvious: I'm trying to get you to clarify your position on why I'm scum. Since you don't seem to want to do that beyond gut I'm going to have to assume you're scum.

It's D1 and I gave a specific suspicion. Yet again, you're being obtuse.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well I don't think it's exactly nothing to be arguing over why BK thinks I'm scum, especially considering he has voted for me.

Since I know I'm town, I think it's important that he have his reasons on the record so that town can judge his intentions and sincerity if I do end up being lynched today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

It's D1 and I gave a specific suspicion. Yet again, you're being obtuse.

Yeah but your suspicion and reason for voting me is: I think Tommunist is scum and I think he knows TMM is scum.

When I press you to expand you just fall back on I think you've been scummy but don't use any examples. It's weak and suspect in my opinion.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

In the meantime, it's my professional opinion that you two are both town arguing over exactly nothing, but that's from a cursory read of the last page.

Do you think TMM is just getting in a bunch of town slapfights?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
BK, please describe your feelings on TMM to me.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hi imgay

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

imgay posted:

BK, please describe your feelings on TMM to me.

You can read, bonezo. At least, I think you can?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Quidnose , please explain why I recieved a flavor result of "Buru the Gorger" as your flavor.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
pig isnt that sort of a bad man thing to do

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

uranus posted:

pig isnt that sort of a bad man thing to do

What? lie about having a day 1 thing I can do to test a reaction? nope.

Thanks for ruining it.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
oh, i believed you. oops.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i dont even know what day it is. where am i

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in a virtual world of warcarf

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
how do i level up

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uranus posted:

how do i level up

Vote for Kashuno.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I used to think Tmm is scum but the way he's picking up votes has me scared

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Magnus Gallant posted:

I thought the same thing about SA. There's been a few votetrains at this point.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Magnus Gallant posted:

So who do you think is scum now?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hey TM, what's up?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Rarity posted:

Hey TM, what's up?

The sun, the sky and ceilings are all things that are up.

What's up with you Rarity? Who do you believe is scum?

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I don't know who I think is scum. I don't feel very good about any of the lunch candidates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
##unvote

I'm actually cooling on TM and Kash. If either of them were scum, I don't think they'd be this stubbornly determined to keep bashing their heads against the wall like this.

• Locked thread