Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is going to be your MGV mission bro
This poll is closed.
DD 72 0.24%
Quiet 30008 99.63%
idk some robot thing 38 0.13%
Total: 30118 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

and now i just finished getting all the photos and bringing them to Paz

i....what.....:stare:

Survivor's guilt + giant fuckoff piece of shrapnel in brain = hallucinations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Paz got that bomb-rear end pussy game, yo

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Booblord Zagats posted:

:vince:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Booblord Zagats posted:

:buttfame:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

:happyelf:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
yeah I figured it was all hallucinations. Just wondering why he'd never mention her to ocelot or Miller and be like hey how is she doing and they'd be like wtf are you talking about, she died.

Booblord Zagats posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

yeah I figured it was all hallucinations. Just wondering why he'd never mention her to ocelot or Miller and be like hey how is she doing and they'd be like wtf are you talking about, she died.

Nanomachines Parasites Kojima Lazy writing.

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013

Mike-o posted:

They were part of the first hallucination. I assume that's why he doesn't talk about it to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68NTO1dG9ac

Also, finally got some sweet new living room decor.

Jokers Gamble fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 8, 2015

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
GiP's gonna put that guy's kid through college

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Step one: cut a hole in a box.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Step two: WOAH-OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booblord Zagats posted:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I think I'm a slow reader because gently caress those credits zoomed by fast. The big reveal was kind of loving obvious since before the game came out but whatever :shrug: time to loving listen to the tapes and beat all the rest of the side missions/hard mode main ops.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

So I figured out the parasite thing pretty quickly especially since Kaz and Ocelot kind of beat you over the head with hints about what to do. The problem is now I have 1/3rd of my loving base in Quarantine because they all speak loving Kikongo.

:negative:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Just rush the next few missions and it will all be over.

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
Bought my DD flag for the garage along with some velcro patches for my tacticool backpack

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Bolow posted:

So I figured out the parasite thing pretty quickly especially since Kaz and Ocelot kind of beat you over the head with hints about what to do. The problem is now I have 1/3rd of my loving base in Quarantine because they all speak loving Kikongo.

:negative:

"Alright, we'll quarantine the staff you specified. Did you figure out what's causing the infection?"
"Alright, we'll quarantine the staff you specified. Did you figure out what's causing the infection?"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Please trigger warning this. 220 loving people in quarantine, and I had to go through the whole list every 20 minutes or so because some dumb gently caress I picked up 5 missions ago gets out of the brig and spreads his african super aids all over my base

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Went to bed before I listened to the truth tapes, so hopefully its answered there....but what reason does skull face have to want revenge on zero and big boss? He's angry and it's symbolism? :thejoke:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

Went to bed before I listened to the truth tapes, so hopefully its answered there....but what reason does skull face have to want revenge on zero and big boss? He's angry and it's symbolism? :thejoke:

he was actually part of operation snake eater. XOF was the cleanup crew that fixed all of snake's fuckups and he's pissed he was tossed by the wayside and didn't get any recognition.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I knew that, but man that means skullface is just a whiny bitch. I was expecting a better reason than that for him to be a malicious rear end in a top hat.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mike-o posted:

It's a couple things. The killing language idea came from him being burned and stripped of his language and heritage as a child (even though he speaks Hungarian now). The second is an inferiority complex. Zero and Snake were the operational side of FOX, while Skeletor was Zero's XO and ran the support unit XOF. XOF would do the intel gathering and cleanup- Skeletor and a crew would follow in Snake's footsteps to pick up shell casings, bodies, and any other traces that might link the missions to the US. Somewhere in the tapes he specifically mentions being in the locations MGS3 took place in to do cleanup afterwards. Also in regards to cleanup after the Cobra battles, there's some mention of Code Talker harvesting parasites from bits of The Fury and The End. The implication is that Quiet and Code Talker received parasites from The End, and Volgin received parasites from The Fury.

Listen to the Truth tape Secret conversation between Zero and Skull Face first. It's long but interesting.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Anyone who says Skullface's motives were poo poo, has never done Brass Patrol for 5 hours after 30 minutes of shooting

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
True.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtkK3eijBso&t=12s

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
These total stealth missions are pretty easy considering you can call in air support or bombardment strikes to distract people. Its prettymuch the opposite of stealthy but you get an A every time so I guess its good

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Welp, besides 100%ing mgsv the only thing left to do is play metal gear 1 and 2. Still haven't played the acid games or ghost babel. I think I'm gonna play through each game in order. I feel like that'd be a good sendoff for the series to myself since they've really been my favorite game series since I was young :unsmith:

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mike-o posted:

Welp, besides 100%ing mgsv the only thing left to do is play metal gear 1 and 2. Still haven't played the acid games or ghost babel. I think I'm gonna play through each game in order. I feel like that'd be a good sendoff for the series to myself since they've really been my favorite game series since I was young :unsmith:

I got ghost babel recently and it's very good.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Mike-o posted:

I had acid on my psp and the card gimmick is kinda annoying. I honestly don't remember anything about the story so you can probably skip it.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I tried once or twice to get into the first one and my attention span for it wouldn't let me. I've just had both of the acid games for years and years, wanna try to beat them at least once. I wouldn't include them in a game series playthrough though. Thinking about not ever playing portable ops ever again, either.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I guess I'm the only human being still playing this. I'm sitting at 60% but I can't bring myself to stop using the butterfly emblem because I know what happens when I do :smith: probably gonna hold off all the way until I've done every other mission and side op.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Yeah. I stopped playing a few weeks ago.

The Dr. Seuss book "Oh the places you'll go!' looks like a bunch of cartoon dudes getting fulton'ed. Wheres Victor Vermis? Fire up photoshop (or paint w/e) and get on this.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mike-o posted:

I guess I'm the only human being still playing this. I'm sitting at 60% but I can't bring myself to stop using the butterfly emblem because I know what happens when I do :smith: probably gonna hold off all the way until I've done every other mission and side op.

I'm still playing, just very slowly.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

im playing but im just doing mission tasks/developing/s-ranking

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I moved on to other stuff. Mgs v will be a game I re-visit though in like a year or two. There's too much other poo poo out right now, or about to be released. And honestly, the mere fact that I beat it says a lot. I never finish games.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm playing KSP again :shobon:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I'm still playing it a bit, but I'm also getting back into Space Engineers with some buddies. It's way more rad now that it has more content than five or six blocks endlessly colliding in space.

Mike-o posted:

I can't bring myself to stop using the butterfly emblem because I know what happens when I do :smith:
What happens? :ohdear:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Naked Bear posted:

What happens? :ohdear:

It'll stop mission 45 from becoming available, which is when Quiet leaves you forever

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Oh, for some reason I was thinking that it does something after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

holocaust bloopers posted:

I never finish games.

neither did konami

• Locked thread