Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

wtf the gently caress happened to gbs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Pham Nuwen posted:

They have a reputation for jamming and generally being poo poo, which is the last thing you want for personal defense. A .38 revolver is the gun equivalent of a Hilux; you can neglect and abuse it but it'll probably be OK. A compact Glock in 9mm is also highly recommended due to reliability.

If you want something a little bigger I think the CZ-75 compact is pretty popular.

I've never shot one but I've played with a Kel-Tec in a store and they just feel mighty cheesy compared to a "proper" gun.

Don't get a Hi-Point either.

Thanks man, I figured the .38 was my best option as far as dependability goes. Haven't shot the kel tec in awhile but when I do it always jams, gently caress that poo poo, I thought it was the rounds I was shooting but if it's a problem with them I should probably just get rid of it because it's no good to me then. I'm gonna look into a Glock, and I've been meaning to get a shot gun for home as well so it looks like a trip to the gun store soon :)

Elmnt80 posted:

Just remember, its possible the other idiot is carrying and has been waiting for just this kind of situation to live out his dirty harry fantasies. This is florida after all. :smith:

Idiots, plural. That's the problem, it's got to the point now where I don't really have a choice other than quitting my job which I'm also seriously considering. Even then, having a CC could be handy at times like mafoose mentioned.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

T1g4h posted:

Shout out to 14" for suggesting the Boeing Museum of Flight. I got a shitload of good photos on my actual camera, that place is AMAZING. I had a massive nerdboner the entire time.

Oh my god I was just there earlier today. Did you go on the 787? Today is the last day it's out until next summer. I'll upload pics of the interior later for the person who asked.

Also I hate guns but was thinking of getting some pepper spray...too many weirdoes out here at night.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

CharlesM posted:

Oh my god I was just there earlier today. Did you go on the 787? Today is the last day it's out until next summer. I'll upload pics of the interior later for the person who asked.

No poo poo?! My friend and I went from about 10am til around 12:30, may have actually saw you then :v:

We checked out literally everything we were allowed to see. Walked inside the Dreamliner, Air Force One, and the Concorde, plus we checked out the Space Shuttle exhibit and the WW1 / WW2 wing.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Call me if you need some local flavor will edit out soon, welcome for calling or texting for any AI goons not on facebook 408-499-1357

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

mafoose posted:

Harnesses are great, we walk both of the dogs with them.

The wife will take the husky jogging in the winter with it as well. He doesn't really need it now, he's a loving saint on a leash.

The only annoying part is he literally reverses INTO a bush to poo poo in it, so you can't clean it up.

I know that feeling. Sort of. My pug likes to poo poo on things. He likes to climb up on rocks and small bushes and do his business. Cleaning up the rocks isn't a big deal but the bushes are a pain in the rear end.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

14 INCH DICK posted:

Call me if you need some local flavor will edit out soon, welcome for calling or texting for any AI goons not on facebook

Huh. Forgot I had your # in my phone.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Oct 12, 2015

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

14 INCH DICK posted:

Call me if you need some local flavor

Noted and saved! Plans have changed so I'm only gonna be in Seattle for another day or two before my friend and I head off to Oklahoma City for a job there, so depending on how tomorrow goes I may hit you up. Possibly going to Mount Rainier, depending on if said friend wants to make the drive.

Saddest part about this trip is that I have to stay clean for this new gig so I can't partake in any of the legal :420: here :sigh:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

T1g4h posted:

No poo poo?! My friend and I went from about 10am til around 12:30, may have actually saw you then :v:

We checked out literally everything we were allowed to see. Walked inside the Dreamliner, Air Force One, and the Concorde, plus we checked out the Space Shuttle exhibit and the WW1 / WW2 wing.

Aw I was there about 3pm. That would have been funny. Didn't have a chance to stay long but I got a membership so I can go back.
Here are the pics, it doesn't look like it uploaded in order so sorry, too tired tonight to fix it and doggy is bugging me for a walk hehe.

http://imgur.com/a/P1sGC

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

T1g4h posted:

Noted and saved! Plans have changed so I'm only gonna be in Seattle for another day or two before my friend and I head off to Oklahoma City for a job there, so depending on how tomorrow goes I may hit you up. Possibly going to Mount Rainier, depending on if said friend wants to make the drive.

Saddest part about this trip is that I have to stay clean for this new gig so I can't partake in any of the legal :420: here :sigh:

There's always a trip downtown for something out of your system a little faster :unsmigghh:

Hit me up tomorrow. I'd honestly place pike market or the underground as a massive priority given the time frame, I won't be able to have time off but we should hang later after work.

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Oct 12, 2015

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Tommychu posted:

Cane syrup isn't bad as long as you use it sparingly. I'm picturing this waffle doused in that watery generic butter flavored syrup.

This is it exactly.

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Hey Rhyno; is the supergirl show going to be any good? DC has been doing pretty good stuff with their TV shows and I see its got that berlanti dude involved. I love Arrow and Flash, I'm wondering if supergirl was worth giving a try. Generally CBS is pretty poo poo for shows (BBT, 2.5 manchildren)

I know you asked Rhyno, but the pilot looked pretty good when I saw it a couple weeks ago (yay, internets.) I am far from the epitome of taste and culture, however.

literally a fish posted:

Yuuuuup. That's actually pretty much a thing. They teach that non-Catholics are deviant scum, worship satan, false gods etc

Catholicism: When Even The Other Christians Hate You, You're Doing Something Wrong

gently caress, where did you hear/experience that? 'Cuz I'm (nominally) Catholic, and that was never a thing. I've got friends of every stripe, and a fair number are kids of friends of my parents, who have been practicing Catholics their entire lives. I tend to find that Catholics in my world are the most tolerant of major Christian branches. I think you're thinking of Baptists.
Doesn't stop some folks from being assholes, but the religion has nothing to do with it. They're just assholes.

e: f,b, lots. And I like Francis as well. We've need that guy for a while.

I had a Craigslist transaction that did not end in murder, mine or his, today. My wife lightly ran into our aluminum 16' garage door years ago, and it's been slowly flexing itself to death since then. I've crutched it along by bracing it at the bend points as they come up, but it was time to replace the poor thing Somehow, miraculaously, 4 16' garage door panels appeared on Craigslist only 45 minutes away, for $50! Insulated, even.
Emailed the guy via Craigslist, and he responded in a timely fashion. First shock. Second was that they were still available, and that he was available to show them today. Got a phone number, call it - it was correct, chatted with the dude, who seemed to be reasonable, and got an address, which seemed to be correct. Hitched up the trailer, cut some 2x4s to use in making a rack for the door panels (I stacked them, and then stood them vertically on the trailer's gunwales, with 2x4s screwed to the trailer walls to sandwich them. Strapped all that down with straps to prevent forward and rearward motion. Worked well) and headed out to Ponder, TX.
The panels were as described, we loaded them, strapped everything down, I paid him, thanked him, and headed home. No murder, no flakiness. I'm flabbergasted. I'm sure my Craigslist number will come up eventually...

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

ishikabibble posted:

So its even more ridiculous in person. Pardon the lovely photo.

Big Block Olds, sweet. Toronado, so either a 425 or a 455 (if stock block.)

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

14 INCH DICK posted:

There's always a trip downtown for something out of your system a little faster :unsmiggh:

Hit me up tomorrow. I'd honestly place pike market or the underground as a massive priority given the time frame, I won't be able to have time off but we should hang later after work.

Will do! No idea what time we'll be doing the Rainier thing, but I'll likely shoot you a text tomorrow afternoonish. We're chilling at a hotel in Kent for the time being, and if nothing else it'd be rad as poo poo to meet you and see the Civic. If we can park my friend's lifted Ram next to it, even better :v:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

The author is super happy about the screenplay, and agreed with all of their changes, so I can't hate too much.

I know someone up thread specifically mentioned the canvas, he admitted himself that he was fine with it cause that was one thing in the book he just hand waved into existence cause he didn't know of anything really to use. So he just invented a material to keep the book going.

That was probably me, and it was mainly because it was replaced by clear sheet plastic and duct tape, used to hold in 1 ATM over a 8' diameter hole. Must be some bitching duct tape.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Enourmo posted:

It was rear-ended by PYF and slammed into GWS. It's front axle was bent so we sold it to charity. We're getting a nice tax write-off.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Darchangel posted:

Doesn't stop some folks from being assholes, but the religion has nothing to do with it. They're just assholes.

Assholes are assholes, no matter race religion or creed. I'm shocked that can be in any way controversial, but it seems people just want to pin being an rear end in a top hat to "reasons".

I dont gie a fat rip what someone believes, dont be a rear end and we're cool.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Went drift karting yesterday with a bunch of dickheads from our little car club. Many MANY spins, 360s, crashes, several broken steering assemblies and multiple popped tyres happened. There were 20 something of us split into 4 groups, each group had 4 sessions each and we were there for about 5 hours spending time going sideways.

Karts are just normal karts but the right rear tyre had plastic piping over it to lessen grip which actually worked really well... Top way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

Sadly the best part of the track is up the other end, a series of lovely linking turns where you could spend half the lap drifting from corner to corner but there's nowhere to spectate or get video from :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4c7gI8fOEQ

If any UK heads are interested it was here: http://www.kartingworcester.co.uk/drift-karts/

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

some texas redneck posted:

Huh. Forgot I had your # in my phone.

Might want to edit it out of your quote, if he's only temporarily putting it there.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Enourmo posted:

Lowtax came back.

In other news, my boy is turning 3 in two weeks, and loves cars.
Looking at the range hotwheels are selling right now, there seems to be a lot of roadkill crossover :D
EG they have a 55 gasser, camaros, super bees, rancheros, 240Z.
What other cars of note have they had on their show (I only remember the ramptruck and gremlin)? e: and the c10; shame, they only sell a s10...

Of course I'm going to get the rx7, supra, ae86, db5 and the ford torino, galaxie and xb falcon coupe (though on the last one I best every aussie fuckhead has bought them all and listed them on ebay for $20).*
They're otherwise only $2ea here and it makes him happier than $2 worth of booze would make me :unsmith:

* gently caress, I thought I was half joking, but I'm right!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOT-WHEELS-RED-73-FORD-FALCON-XB-GT351-COUPE-SCALE-1-64-DIECAST-NEW-LOOSE-/251996423855

loving scum.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Oct 12, 2015

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'll keep an eye out for a Falcon in that case if you want one. Not sure if they're specific to Aus but if they're not then I'll take a look next time I go where they sell Hot wheels.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
No DeLorean?

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

mariooncrack posted:

No DeLorean?

Yeah, but painted red. gently caress that. I'm not going to teach my kid lies.

88h88 posted:

I'll keep an eye out for a Falcon in that case if you want one. Not sure if they're specific to Aus but if they're not then I'll take a look next time I go where they sell Hot wheels.

Thanks for the offer, but I had a look at the UK site and doesn't look like they do.
It doesn't matter much anyway, it was just speculation on my part that I just had a feeling it would be the case, and hosed up because it was true. I think anything they sell, if it's australian, the scum are going to snap it up. Oh well, good thing I'm going to teach him to like lots of euro, US and Japanese cars instead anyway. E: there's not going to be any local auto industry in a year anyway. He's never going to drive the local product ever in his life, which is sad enough so best forgotten.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Oct 12, 2015

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Haha, my son has one of those Falcons, always wondered why we got them over here.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

leica posted:

Haha, my son has one of those Falcons, always wondered why we got them over here.

It's not showing up on this year, last year or next years US models, but you do get the simpsons regular car and the "homer" :lol:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I know that we got the Falcon in Canada because I bought one. Not sure if I still have it, because I gave away a huge bag of them unopened to my coworker's little boy.

I'll check but it might take awhile.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fo3 posted:

It's not showing up on this year, last year or next years US models, but you do get the simpsons regular car and the "homer" :lol:

There's a regular Simpsons car?? I have the Homer already.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)

88h88 posted:

There's a regular Simpsons car?? I have the Homer already.

On the US site there is http://www.hotwheels.com/en-us/collection/CFG80_Simpsons

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Before eagerly slicing open a box full of car parts, check to see if the nice people you bought it from have included a free cherry-scent air freshener in the shipping paperwork on the top.

My fingers smell like a teenage girl's lip gloss.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
If thats little tree you shouldn't be complaining, their cherry scent is great.

Otherwise, yeah. Cherry scents usually smell cheap.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

(I need a hug)
MMMmm, cherry/dr pepper/marzipan/almond tints of cella shaving soap.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 12, 2015

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Fo3 posted:

Lowtax came back.

In other news, my boy is turning 3 in two weeks, and loves cars.
Looking at the range hotwheels are selling right now, there seems to be a lot of roadkill crossover :D
EG they have a 55 gasser, camaros, super bees, rancheros, 240Z.
What other cars of note have they had on their show (I only remember the ramptruck and gremlin)? e: and the c10; shame, they only sell a s10...

Of course I'm going to get the rx7, supra, ae86, db5 and the ford torino, galaxie and xb falcon coupe (though on the last one I best every aussie fuckhead has bought them all and listed them on ebay for $20).*
They're otherwise only $2ea here and it makes him happier than $2 worth of booze would make me :unsmith:

* gently caress, I thought I was half joking, but I'm right!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOT-WHEELS-RED-73-FORD-FALCON-XB-GT351-COUPE-SCALE-1-64-DIECAST-NEW-LOOSE-/251996423855

loving scum.

C10:
http://hotwheels.wikia.com/wiki/'67_Chevy_C10

88h88 posted:

We get them in the US. I've got 3 or 4
There's also guys on eBay that have modded them into the black-on-black, and there are water-slide decals available for same.

Fo3 posted:

Yeah, but painted red. gently caress that. I'm not going to teach my kid lies.

The first year of issue came in silver. The next year there was a time machine DeLorean available as well.

Fo3 posted:

I find this to be useful:
http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide.html

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
3rd nail in my tire this summer, what the gently caress Massachusetts :argh:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I didn't know they made a hot wheel version of the Homer but I totally want one now.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Nodoze posted:

3rd nail in my tire this summer, what the gently caress Massachusetts :argh:
Tread or sidewall?

I managed to get a sidewall nail in my mustangs tire.
The day after I picked it up.
It had 35 miles on it.

$200 of tire and $100 of road hazard coverage / taxes later I once again had 4 brand new tires. :(

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

CharlesM posted:

Aw I was there about 3pm. That would have been funny. Didn't have a chance to stay long but I got a membership so I can go back.
Here are the pics, it doesn't look like it uploaded in order so sorry, too tired tonight to fix it and doggy is bugging me for a walk hehe.

http://imgur.com/a/P1sGC

That was me, thanks for the pics...maybe I'll make it down there to check it out when it comes back. Looks about the same as the last time I saw it :)

edit: the Boeing building across the street is where the first 787 carbon fiber barrel sections were made

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Moving the conversation here, since 14" wants to keep his thread pure and unsullied by those of us that are not resigned to oblivion.

88h88 posted:

I want to say it's because people who listen to metal and people who make metal (and all the associated subgenres before you start :v: ) are all manchildren who are resistant to change. Thus nothing evolves.

Note this is only a tongue in cheek observation before anyone flips out and goes apeshit.

This is definitely true in some part. I was a post-teen mess when I went through the "gently caress it all" music phase that supplanted my general angst-y teenage years. I was lucky enough to have the Dead Kennedys and The Cure to drive me through high school.

You get to a point, though, where you either realize that you are bigger than your problems, or you go down a silly path of self-destruction that, by definition, hurts nobody but yourself.

Of all the angry music, though, this is one song that I genuinely find to be a fanstastic downer draped upon ridiculously happy music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yl7f6T4L2IA

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 12, 2015

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Metal never evolves? Even with the bajillion wildly divergent subgenres? lol.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Darchangel posted:

I know you asked Rhyno, but the pilot looked pretty good when I saw it a couple weeks ago (yay, internets.) I am far from the epitome of taste and culture, however.

I think I will give it a shot while I'm busy waiting for eps of the Flash and Arrow, and hate watching The Walking Dead purely based on the people producing it.

mariooncrack posted:

I didn't know they made a hot wheel version of the Homer but I totally want one now.

:agreed: My favorite die casts are the tuner cars I got from the Pixar Cars movie. Wingo, Boost, and I got one other one (the stereo one?). They were too awesome to pass up.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Adiabatic posted:

Might want to edit it out of your quote, if he's only temporarily putting it there.

Damnit, thought I did. Thanks for pointing that out, it's fixed now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

About to place my Focus RS order. I'm thinking the only options I'll get is the blue paint (duh) and the RS2 interior package.

• Locked thread