Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The all-pig-women crew of the space ship Carmen is traveling through the deepest reaches of the cosmos when suddenly they receive a call from their enigmatic leader: The Voice.
"Greetings, friends."
"Hail to you, Voice! May you guide us for a thousand years," says the ship's captain, the headstrong Arin Brice. Her first mate oinks in agreement.
"Save the pleasantries. As you know, we have been at war with the chicken-men of Cluckulon for over a dozen years, and many on both sides have died." The pigs all nod, since they did all already know it, but they understand that The Voice just likes to speak her thoughts as they come to her. "And as you also know," she continues, "I regularly receive precognitions about their Poultry movements and activities, though rarely are they so clear as to be very helpful. My latest vision however, is most diresome. It appears, if my dream is correct, that after your last mission saving the Terran Amish from planet Gamma Deutche, your ship has been secretly infiltrated by Chicken Spies. They are pretending to be loyal members of the crew, but secretly are plotting to destroy you!"
The crew gasps. Surely The Voice is just mistaken, right? Surely she just had a nightmare and not a precognition? But suddenly the lights on the bridge turn off. From the darkness they hear and see three laser blasts, though nobody could tell from where they came. When power was restored, the pigs of the good ship Carmen could see their fears are confirmed. The captain is dead. The viewfinder on the bridge is destroyed (separating their link with The Voice). And next to the captain was a pig... no... it was... a chicken in a pig suit.

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a fast game with tight deadlines. I only need 9 players. Day 1 will be 3 days long, and they will only get shorter. Nights will be 12 hours at most. If you do not submit an action by the end of the night I will RNG it.

Votes will be by plurality.

I will make no replacements. If you disappear you will be modkilled.

Votebot will count your votes this game so feel free to toss everything you ever knew about ##unvoting.

The standard rules apply.

If you are a new player don't play this game it's not a good game.

Thanks enjoy!

Player List:
  1. 100YrsofAttitude
  2. AnonymousNarcotics
  3. Birdstrike
  4. Captain Foo
  5. Hal Incandenza
  6. ljtrigirl
  7. Meinberg
  8. SirSamVimes
  9. Tremendous Taste

Night 0.
Day 1.
Night 1.
Day 2.
Night 2.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!
In.

What does plurality mean?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

ljtrigirl posted:

In.

What does plurality mean?

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Execution

the wiki is a helpful resource for players new and old!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

EccoRaven posted:

http://mafiawiki.notesmash.org/wiki/Execution

the wiki is a helpful resource for players new and old!

Yesssssss. This is the best way.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

ljtrigirl posted:

Yesssssss. This is the best way.

it is actually not but I don't care if the scum steamroll the town this game since this game has the stupidest flavor. chickens pigs who cares, am I right? meat is murder but here is a ship of murder so it is appropriate.

I like the setup though so I wanna see what it looks like in practice. And since the flavor is stupid I have all the PMs written too.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'll do it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sure I only play games that are not good for new players

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'll play but only if you make my flavor Grand Imperial Hamwizard

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Captain Foo posted:

i'll play but only if you make my flavor Grand Imperial Hamwizard

deal but you might also be a chicken in disguise as the grand imperial hamwizard.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EccoRaven posted:

deal but you might also be a chicken in disguise as the grand imperial hamwizard.

works4me

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
in an Ecco game

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Let me clear my vote~

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Hello Mafia player. I am in this game apparently. Don't kill me.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I love quick games with ridiculous flavor!

Also bacon.

(this is a sign up and a promise I will not ask to be replaced or modkilled)

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am going to bed!! I hope the mafia east coast US morning crew fills that last spot. bye!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh god I shouldn't do this but I am

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Me me me. Though I'll be able to properly play in about 13 hours. I hate phone posting you see.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'll make as much effort as I can however.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I formally give up my spot to 100Yrs!

I've played too many games of mafia lately anyways.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Were all slots already taken? Thanks Ecco for not having updated the roster more efficiently. And thanks Bottles. May the Pork be with you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Idk if there is a place but if there is I'm in

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Jk I should read first

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Were all slots already taken? Thanks Ecco for not having updated the roster more efficiently. And thanks Bottles. May the Pork be with you.

EccoRaven posted:

I am going to bed!! I hope the mafia east coast US morning crew fills that last spot.

ANYWAY ALL ROLE PMS ARE OUT

hooray!

=========
Sample role PM:

quote:

Illandir - Hariette Porshnan - Dancer (town-aligned vanilla)
May the Voice reign supreme and may she know all! You are a pig-woman who is also a dancer, and who is also a member of the crew of the space ship Carmen. Your ship has been invaded by secret chicken spies, and as such you win if all scum-aligned players are eliminated.
You have no exceptional powers or abilities.
You are vanilla and you are town-aligned.

=========

The pigs were freaking out!!! Luckily they were also cool cucumbers and knew it wasn't the end of the world that their captain died. Still, things are pretty bleak. Time to not be Chicken, and find the spies before it's too late...........

:s: Tao Jones, Arin Brice, Captain (town-aligned daycop), was shot night 0. :s:

It is now Day 1.
:h: 9 alive, 5 to execute.
:d: Day 1 deadline: Thursday, October 15th, ~11PM EDT.

hooray

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Oct 13, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (9): 100YrsofAttitude, AnonymousNarcotics, Birdstrike, Captain Foo, Hal Incandenza, ljtrigirl, Meinberg, SirSamVimes, Tremendous Taste

:h: With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is October 15th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 15 hours.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
ugh its avatar actually says lynch, how very distasteful.

whatever. everything is awful this is not news to anyone but me.

I have votefinder turned on to report when a hammer falls but M E H just post whenever. I'll leave the thread open at night, too, since people seem to like that for whatever reason.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Thread opened just in time for me to phone post from bed then go to sleep. Hello and goodnight everyone!

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

confirming that kashuno killed tao jones

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

Thread opened just in time for me to phone post from bed then go to sleep. Hello and goodnight everyone!

Staying quiet on D1 are we? Chicken.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Staying quiet on D1 are we? Chicken.

lmao what is this accusation with no conviction behind it ##vote 100yoa

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Can't believe we lost the daycop before the day started! Upsetting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

lmao what is this accusation with no conviction behind it ##vote 100yoa

I wanted to post arrested development gifs but I feel that'd be to much trouble to do from my phone.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi confirming pig status

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hello friends, and good morning. Let's find some chickens and send them back home to roost.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Tao jones.... Was already dead for 20 years????

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

taste when did you get banned

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

When he quit MafiaSA forever.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

I requested a ban because I needed to focus on rl stuff but someone bought me an unban so I figured I was needed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

To be clear, I handled the rl stuff first

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Hey pork pals what up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

And here I just realized Cpig is not playing. That's CosmonautPig for those in the know. I'm finally on a computer but I won't be looking for those gifs. I'm sorry to let you all down.

• Locked thread