Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Omi-Polari posted:

The red alerts are going off because all this involves the motion capture studio in Manchester, which is making those inexplicable Gary Oldman videos that don't have anything to do with an actual game.

Because there is no game. There never was a game.

Anyways I want to know more about the racehorse angle. Anonymous horseracing gambler tipped Smart off about the motion capture studio's mob ties. The ex-Gizmondo guy named his racehorse Gizmondo.

There's also a racehorse in the UK named ... guess what? Star Citizen.

https://gg.co.uk/racing/form-profile-2072185

:tinfoil: :horse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfHCaQ0_a4g

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

What the gently caress are you guys talking about? How did we jump from "these guys are incompetent game devs" to "these guys are running a money laundering scheme for mobsters"?

What the gently caress is a Gizmondo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFDAqJwVDEU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Derek, who owns the Star Citizen racehorse? Would be interesting if it was someone actually indicted.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Devian666 posted:

If they are laundering money it's easier to conceal transactions within legitimate expenses. If those expenses are large they're easier to conceal.
The Gizmondo people also splurged on celebrities. Like Busta Rhymes in 2005 or somebody like that, and some other names.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Wait wait wait.

There was a horse named "Gizmondo" among the various expenses of the mafia-owned company.

Derek Smart was tipped off by some kind of weird UK bookie account.

There is actually a horse named "Star Citizen."

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lesnick played us like a GOD drat FIDDLE!!!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

gently caress this thread moves fast.

Current Directorships
Elms Financial Consulting Limited
Virtual Poker Limited

Directorships held in the past five years
Warthog plc
Warthog Property Limited
Warthog Entertainment Limited
Roadhog Games Limited
Phatfish Limited
Sourcery Development Limited
Zed Two Limited

This poo poo reads like the current list of companies run by CRoberts and his lawyer, I'm sure this happens all the time in regular non-scam businesses too,

but why does it seem like these shysters always have 10 companies under their ownership at any one time, how is that NOT sneaky as gently caress?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Omi-Polari posted:

fwiw the person who tipped off Smart is this guy:

Who's twitter feed is all cockney sports betting code. Not the most reliable source ... but also not shady at all!!!

And if you look ^ the account was only active for a few months (a gambling burner account I guess) then it popped up with 'hey Smart look it up these guys are gangsters' yup that's just normal twitter nothing unusual to see here ...
Like a loving number station. When does it play Lincolnshire Poacher?

Sillybones posted:

Sandi is just the mafia handler for Croberts. Shady, vague past. No skills or history, yet suddenly becomes head of marketing. 'Married' to a giggling fat british school boy.
Australian, too.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

My friend had a gizmondo and tried to get me to buy one. It had Pandemonium on it and some racing game and that is my Gizmondo story.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

It would be totally hilarious if some mid-level mobster who really loves race-horses was the connection that was needed to sink Star Citizen.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Omi-Polari posted:

The Gizmondo people also splurged on celebrities. Like Busta Rhymes in 2005 or somebody like that, and some other names.

Enron gave awards to high profile political figures including George W. Bush. All while they were putting loans down as assets to cook their books.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I can't wait to read the Wikipedia page for this train-wreck in five years or so. Who wants to start taking bets on what the word cloud will look like?

Infeckt
Feb 17, 2014

Didn't Dick Wulf say he "owes Chris for his success" and yet is unemployed and spends all his cash on jpgs/food for lesnick?

Infeckt fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Oct 13, 2015

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
What the gently caress. This thread.

I thought Gizmondo was a web-zine thing about electronics and games. Never heard of it as a console. This shits getting surreal.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

poo poo, that horse is 3 years old. They weren't singing Happy Birthday to the game after all!
If they were winking at each other while actually singing happy birthday to a motherfucking mafioso racehorse I will lmao so much I will ban myself.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

bullet3 posted:

At the rate this thread has escalated in 3 months, we're about 5 weeks out from actual CIG sanctioned murders being discovered

All that's left will be global thermonuclear war. Or at least some pictures of what it might look like.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Derek Smart you are an evil genius and this it just the best loving rabbit hole. It goes down forever.

I will not be satisfied until Chris Roberts is implicated in every major video game disaster in the last two decades. Next we're going to find out he had a major hand in Red 5 studios and was best man at Curt Schilling's wedding.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I think the tipster was talking about Star Citizen, the horse, and not the game. But somehow Goons never fail to impress.

Pecked To Death
Jun 27, 2004

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Maybe that guy presenting the starmap at citcon was so scared cause they threatened to break his legs when he tried to quit! :aaaaa:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sarsapariller posted:

There is actually a horse named "Star Citizen."

It's 3 years old, and just like its namesake never completed anything.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
:eyepop:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

I WONDERED WHO THE gently caress THAT WAS

loving gently caress gently caress

WHAT THE poo poo gently caress IS loving GOING ON loving HERE

HOLY gently caress BALLS

gently caress

:psyboom: :psypop:

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
:downsbravo:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Bootcha posted:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

HOLY gently caress BALLS

gently caress

get yourself another lawyer

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

I walked past the Gizmondo shop in London by accident, I considered going in but then did not. Thank you for your time.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

what does it feel like being the best non Eonwe/Beer poster in this thread

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bootcha posted:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

HOLY gently caress BALLS

gently caress

Wait are you the Goon who is an investor into this? :psyduck:

The gently caress is going on.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

Bootcha posted:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

HOLY gently caress BALLS

gently caress

dreams, dreams happen now

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Bootcha posted:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

HOLY gently caress BALLS

gently caress

Reconsidering that investment eh?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
i sure am tired of all these star citizens

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Devian666 posted:

If they are laundering money it's easier to conceal transactions within legitimate expenses. If those expenses are large they're easier to conceal.

Yeah, with a sixty day shoot you can bury that money in food and drink and services. Assets that have been used up that you've bought from shell companies, stuff that would only come up after you've basically gotten the money and are running. There really is a lot of dirty money you could hide in a crowd funding project of this magnitude.

bullet3 posted:

At the rate this thread has escalated in 3 months, we're about 5 weeks out from actual CIG sanctioned murders being discovered

"Tonight on sixty minutes...they thought they were funding their dreams but they were only funding their nightmares. It was a universe of lies, deceit and cold blooded murder. This is the story of how one man almost sailed off into the stars with one hundred million dollars and the battle cruiser that stopped him."

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Sarsapariller posted:

Derek Smart you are an evil genius and this it just the best loving rabbit hole. It goes down forever.

I will not be satisfied until Chris Roberts is implicated in every major video game disaster in the last two decades. Next we're going to find out he had a major hand in Red 5 studios and was best man at Curt Schilling's wedding.

This won't wrap up until we have proof that the Roberts original family name is Hitler.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

This is my favorite game*

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also why would you name your product so that it sounds similar to Jizz-Mondo?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
God, this is loving amazing

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Bootcha posted:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

HOLY gently caress BALLS

gently caress

He's a guy that works for the motion capture studio and also was a director in Gizmondo since its inception in 1998 (it was acquired by Fat Steve in 2001. Swedish authorities knew who he was by then and there ain't no way that dude didn't know he was working for a literal mobster. Fat Steve wasn't exactly subtle) until its dissolution in 2008, which served as a money laundering scheme for the Swedish mafia.

Get your money out now. Like, right now.

(Also you might want to use some of that to make sure that there's not a lutefisk waiting under your bed while you sleep at night)

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Oct 13, 2015

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's 3 years old, and just like its namesake never completed anything.
This isn't true, Star Citizen won a race against Critical Risk and Smuggler Lane.

It did lose in its races against Dr No and Don't Touch though.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Also why would you name your product so that it sounds similar to Jizz-Mondo?

Game.Com was already taken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp460zM_PGA

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Bootcha posted:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

HOLY gently caress BALLS

gently caress

When do you actually get a ROI because they're selling merch... now is the time to get your ROI and bail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat
So, I know there are important revelations happening right now, but does anyone have a link to the Space Court video with Smoke Weed Everyday playing? I can't find it in the hundreds of pages.

• Locked thread