Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

I assume that it was Jeremy's fault.

I TOLD you to iron out the continuity of the movie before we put it in theatres! No we can't do it for the home video, it'll just look sloppy! We need to wait for the Director's Cut the masses will surely demand!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
This week is not Death Spa. Instead it is Killer Workout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxP2HKqEL4g

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

This week is not Death Spa. Instead it is Killer Workout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxP2HKqEL4g

Wasn't there a best of the worst episode done that had it as one of three? I gotta find this. October always sends me into a frenzy to find the most schlocky of 80s horror/softcore/slasher/ROWSDOWER

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Jiro posted:

Wasn't there a best of the worst episode done that had it as one of three? I gotta find this. October always sends me into a frenzy to find the most schlocky of 80s horror/softcore/slasher/ROWSDOWER

You should stop having Jeremy find your movies.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Oct 13, 2015

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Jiro posted:

They did one on Death Spa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pgbB9ORqRg

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Pan is gonna be on worst of 2015, right?

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I agree with LORD OF BUTT. I can't really think of any other flops from this year except that Zac Efron movie - or was Mortdecai 2015?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I agree with LORD OF BUTT. I can't really think of any other flops from this year except that Zac Efron movie - or was Mortdecai 2015?
American Ultra, Mortdecai, Blackhat, Self/Less, Stonewall, Tomorrowland....

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's pretty funny they mention Andrew Kevin Walker writing BRAINSCAN, since on his Se7en commentary he talks about how he was stuck writing terrible schlock like ABUSEMENT PARK. He was basically given a logline and then told to come back in two weeks with a script.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Pan is gonna be on worst of 2015, right?
It sounds like it belongs on there as much as Fantastic Four, which is to say not really, it's just underwhelming and largely uninteresting.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Jupiter Ascending has gotta make it I'd think.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Jupiter Ascending is almost certainly going to be one of them, and Killer Workout aka Aerobicide is great.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Oh man "team up" hopefully it's Freddy Vs. Jason

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, whatever happened to the beach?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
if anyone is interested, the movie is up on youtube under its alternate title, Aerobicide.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Oct 13, 2015

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Fatal Games and Death Spa are better but Killer Workout is probably funnier.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Death Spa and Killer Workout definitely blend together in my head. I think a double feature is called for.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TetsuoTW posted:

It sounds like it belongs on there as much as Fantastic Four, which is to say not really, it's just underwhelming and largely uninteresting.

Pan has child slaves being forced by Blackbeard to sing Smells Like Teen Spirit, though. It sounds kind of impressively batshit.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Pan has child slaves being forced by Blackbeard to sing Smells Like Teen Spirit, though. It sounds kind of impressively batshit.

Don't make me want to see this

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Don't make me want to see this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BImwyyCm6j8

I found out about this in the greenlight thread last night and I'm still pretty shaken

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm gonna guess someone saw Moulin Rouge and was like, "Mmm yes," without understanding context or tone.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

weekly font posted:

I'm gonna guess someone saw Moulin Rouge and was like, "Mmm yes," without understanding context or tone.

Joe Wright does kinda seem like a poor man's Baz Luhrmann. Except Hanna, he should do more things like Hanna.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Team up = Bride of Chucky ?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Hockles posted:

Team up = Bride of Chucky ?

Based of letterbox the next two are Jason v Freddy and Thinner

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I actually kind of like Freddy vs Jason but I'm sure the episode will be funny regardless. They do well with stuff like that.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

I love slashers but it's a subgenre thats easy to make fun of. If it is Freddy vs. Jason they might recommend it anyway. It's not a bad movie.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

bobkatt013 posted:

Jason v Freddy

YES

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Yaws posted:

I love slashers but it's a subgenre thats easy to make fun of. If it is Freddy vs. Jason they might recommend it anyway. It's not a bad movie.

They didn't seem to enjoy the previous F13 movie they did too much and none of them really have any nostalgia for the franchise unfortunately. It's a really silly movie that I enjoy a lot so I'm sure the episode will still be good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

The Duke posted:

They didn't seem to enjoy the previous F13 movie they did too much and none of them really have any nostalgia for the franchise unfortunately. It's a really silly movie that I enjoy a lot so I'm sure the episode will still be good.

That was due to it starring ROY. It sounds like at least one of them is a big horror fan and likes Jason.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

The Duke posted:

Wasn't the previous F13 they did A New Beginning? drat near nobody likes that one.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Wasn't the previous F13 they did A New Beginning? drat near nobody likes that one.

Not even ROY

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey, did you guys see that new ROY movie?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I love it when stupidly-named character gets their name pronounced with a fun inflection by the guys.

"Our new hero.....Art"

Wake_N_Bake
Dec 5, 2003

I love to argue by using all caps. I feel it helps keep people from noticing that I have little or nothing to add to any given conversation. I also
Just started Killer Workout / Aerobicide. The amount of t&a is truly crazy. It's so 80s it hurts.

It's on YouTube. Fun so far.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
I don't know about the next episode being FvJ... Andrew recently added 1987's The Monster Squad to his letterboxd and that seems to fit the "teamup" hint better

Although my last prediction turned out to be wrong so idk

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 15, 2015

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Only vaguely on topic, but as a Bad Movie Podcast, whats everyones opinion on The Flophouse? I don't have time to listen to an episode (and there's a lot of 'em) so I don't have time to decide if its worth it personally.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MisterBibs posted:

Only vaguely on topic, but as a Bad Movie Podcast, whats everyones opinion on The Flophouse? I don't have time to listen to an episode (and there's a lot of 'em) so I don't have time to decide if its worth it personally.

Better than How Did This Get Made but when I listen to a podcast I want it to be about the thing it's about not a half hour of movie talk and 45 minutes of wacky Elliot Kalan and mailbag.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

MisterBibs posted:

It's OK. My only real problem with it is that Elliot Kalan never met a joke he couldn't run into the ground. I'd say it's worth a shot.

I did really enjoy the latest episode with the various McElroys hosting though.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Mr Jaunts posted:

I don't know about the next episode being FvJ... Andrew recently added 1987's The Monster Squad to his letterboxd and that seems to fit the "teamup" hint better

Although my last prediction turned out to be wrong so idk

Where did he put it.

Spoilers for future episodes http://letterboxd.com/jupinwhm/list/episodes-of-the-we-hate-movies-podcast/page/1/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

I love The Flophouse, but they're less of a bad movie podcast and more of a nonsense podcast that uses a bad movie as a central pillar for discussion. Some of my favorite bits of theirs are Woody Allen's The Dead Zone, the Zardoz ramble, The Porthole of Time and the southern gothic Tintin lady.