Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

johntfs posted:

Yeah, but "I get psychic visions from dead people" is much easier to deal with than "I get psychic visions and pick up personality traits from dead people by eating their brain matter."

But she doesn't need to mention the brain thing. Just say it works by spending time in close proximity to dead people, that's why it's always people at the morgue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
O negative is not rare, it's just less common than O positive. And jesus christ tonights Heroes episode has the same stupid plotline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a killer season opener. I was starting to get antsy waiting for a flashback and was honestly worried they'd worked them out of the plot.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Major's life is a stream of unending torments and it is the greatest. There are just no good options for him at all, ever, and it's impossible to see how it can get worse for him without his mind breaking into pieces....but I'm sure it will.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Major is the one that gets poo poo done, driven by the fact that he has absolutely nothing to lose, while Liv fucks around and moans about how terrible her zombie life is.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Boogaleeboo posted:

Major's life is a stream of unending torments and it is the greatest. There are just no good options for him at all, ever, and it's impossible to see how it can get worse for him without his mind breaking into pieces....but I'm sure it will.

One of his clients will hang out with Liv at some point. Or worse yet, they will be a couple. Poor guy...

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Major is my favorite character. It's funny how at the beginning he was just the annoying "ex" character but they actually managed to do something interesting with him.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

KilGrey posted:

Major is my favorite character. It's funny how at the beginning he was just the annoying "ex" character but they actually managed to do something interesting with him.

He deserves to be awesome just for having to be stuck with the name Major Lilywhite.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Some good season 2 Ep. 1 gifs, courtesy of Tumblr!

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

drat, I was hoping for the t-shirt quote she said. That was my favorite part of the episode.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Is it just me or is her zombie makeup not nearly as pale as it was last season? Her skin tone just looks kinda... normal in that last episode.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Pan Dulce posted:

drat, I was hoping for the t-shirt quote she said. That was my favorite part of the episode.

Ask and ye shall receive

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

raditts posted:

Is it just me or is her zombie makeup not nearly as pale as it was last season? Her skin tone just looks kinda... normal in that last episode.
There are certainly girls with that skin tone in the world, but I don't think the reasoning is much more than "everyone on this network is attractive, and Rose McIver, I mean, come on", so they're not going to do anything too egregious with the star.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

There are certainly girls with that skin tone in the world, but I don't think the reasoning is much more than "everyone on this network is attractive, and Rose McIver, I mean, come on", so they're not going to do anything too egregious with the star.

It might just be me, but I remember noticing in season 1 that she is a lot less pale immediately after eating brains, and then slowly lose color again as time goes on. Wasn't noticeably every episode as the time skipped between each varied.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

FoxTerrier posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

Oooh can you do the exchange between Liv and Blaine about Majors name and Liv's retort. That was my favorite joke of the episode.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

smg77 posted:

He deserves to be awesome just for having to be stuck with the name Major Lilywhite.

The showmakers have admitted that they kind of sort of based Major Lilywhite's name on Major Applewhite, the University of Texas QB back in the late 90s. OK, he had a silly name, but he was a pretty good QB.

FWIW, Applewhite is currently the offensive and QB coach for Houston, so he's doing alright for himself.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Oct 11, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

raditts posted:

Nah I thought the same thing. It looks way cooler all crazy-alabaster.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Between iZombie and Nation Z, hopefully the gaping hole of disappointment that Fear the Walking Dead tore in my heart will soon be filled. :unsmigghh:

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

thrakkorzog posted:

The showmakers have admitted that they kind of sort of based Major Lilywhite's name on Major Applewhite, the University of Texas QB back in the late 90s. OK, he had a silly name, but he was a pretty good QB.

FWIW, Applewhite is currently the offensive and QB coach for Houston, so he's doing alright for himself.

Yeah. I have a healthy respect for Applewhite, but somehow, Lilywhite sucks more as a last name. I have no idea why. Maybe it's that an apple is a good, hardy fruit while a lily is a fragile little eggshell of a flower?

Even the actor himself kind of finds humor in the name.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I was kind of hoping they were going to let him off scot-free, but when you're dangling the perp's shoe in the evidence bag, it's just too late for that. :smith:

I knew he wouldn't get off, but 20 years seems kind of insane for the circumstances. I wish a situation like that could be sentenced with mandatory counseling and probation, with a threat of jail time if he fails to make his meetings.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Does it really matter what Major's last name is? Has it even been mentioned on the show more than once?
I find it weirder that his first name is Major.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Oasx posted:

Does it really matter what Major's last name is? Has it even been mentioned on the show more than once?

Everything about his name (both first and last) is terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oasx posted:

They said his full name like three times in this episode.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I avoided this show last year because it didn't sound like my thing, but I watched Season 1 on Netflix and enjoyed it.

I brought some Johnny Time so I wouldn't just be posting bullshit:

Lycus fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 11, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Lycus posted:

I avoided this show last year because it didn't sound like my thing, but I watched Season 1 on Netflix and enjoyed it.

I brought some Johnny Time so I wouldn't just be posting bullshit:

I hope he shows up again this year. I don't even care how.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

That gif reminds me he played Cliff McCormack on Veronica Mars. Rob Thomas likes bringing back actors from his previous shows from cameos or real parts. I'm hoping he can convince Kristen Bell to come to the show for a little. He almost had Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls) this season for an actual role as opposed to a cameo. But by then he'd agreed to his part in The Originals, so he couldn't take it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pan Dulce posted:

That gif reminds me he played Cliff McCormack on Veronica Mars. Rob Thomas likes bringing back actors from his previous shows from cameos or real parts. I'm hoping he can convince Kristen Bell to come to the show for a little. He almost had Jason Dohring (Logan Echolls) this season for an actual role as opposed to a cameo. But by then he'd agreed to his part in The Originals, so he couldn't take it.

The killer from this episode is yet another VM alum.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

KilGrey posted:

Oooh can you do the exchange between Liv and Blaine about Majors name and Liv's retort. That was my favorite joke of the episode.

Ok I've seriously looked everywhere, and I swear this is the one part of the episode that wasn't giffed. :argh:

Please accept this preview of tonight's episode in trade.

edit: If Johnny somehow comes back this season I will be the happiest goddamn camper. He was the BEST.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Sorry for the double post but oh poo poo! Major actually killed the dude then?!?

drat!!

Edit: holy crap does this show poo poo on Major :stare:

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Oct 14, 2015

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
This show is really good you guys

The scene with them in the bathroom :(

e: Chad. Chad. Chad. Chad

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Oct 14, 2015

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
May the bromance between Major and Ravi never end.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just when I thought Major would go an episode without his life getting even more depressing :smith:

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
This show is really creative when it comes to making Majors life lovely.
What else will happen to him? A sudden death in the family? A late stage brain tumor?

Also I just realised that he was probably literal when he claimed to be able to get a bazooka in a hour. I guess the company would supply him with whatever he deems neccessary.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 14, 2015

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
He was able to find an arms dealer who could supply handguns, shotguns and hand grenades even before the company pressed him into their service. I have no trouble believing that "sourcing highly illegal weapons" is just a skill that Major possesses.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

It really is amazing how many ways this show finds to gently caress Major over. I really didn't like him at the start of Season 1, but this point I'm rooting for him harder than Liv.

Some favorite moments of last episode:

Ravi on Utopium :allears:

Princess Sparkles!

Annnd last but not least, Ravi trying to figure out drugs. Magical.

This is the best show.

FoxTerrier fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 14, 2015

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Ravi is ridiculously attractive. He kind of makes up for the fact that Lowell is gone. Also, Liv does magic. That dress is amazing for a couple of hours worth of notice from the frat guy.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Tokubetsu posted:

May the bromance between Major and Ravi never end.

FoxTerrier posted:

This is the best show.

needs a gif when both of them were dancing and high

I guess max rager assistant doesn't know that eating brains lets the zombie take on their personality of the victim. Could be used later as they continue their purge. Or not.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Anyone else take a while to figure out redhead assistant isn't Rose McIver playing a second role? They look really alike and have very similar expressions/reactions.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

rejutka posted:

Anyone else take a while to figure out redhead assistant isn't Rose McIver playing a second role? They look really alike and have very similar expressions/reactions.
I never thought it was actually her but there's definitely a ton of resemblance there that I noticed in the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

The super unsatisfying and obvious way they wrote out Peyton last season has only been exacerbated by the absolutely ridiculous way they keep mentioning her while never showing her onscreen this season

that being said this show is decent although it has a bunch of logic holes in its overarcing narrative that are only made worse due to how fundamentally silly it is

it's good that the characters themselves are so fantastic and genuinely well-written because if they weren't this show would be super, duper bad

• Locked thread