Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

BottleKnight (9): Kashuno, Kashuno, Rarity, TMMadman, fiery_valkyrie, Tommunist, Kashuno, Magnus Gallant, Someone Awful!, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Quidnose
Someone Awful! (2): BottleKnight, uranus, TMMadman, CapitalistPig, TMMadman, BottleKnight, Kashuno, Kashuno
TMMadman (2): Kashuno, Someone Awful!, Section 31, fiery_valkyrie, BottleKnight, fiery_valkyrie, Kashuno, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Someone Awful!, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
CapitalistPig (1): Quidnose, Conall, Poison Mushroom, Poison Mushroom, Someone Awful!, Someone Awful!, Quidnose
Kashuno (1): TMMadman, TMMadman, Poison Mushroom, Tommunist, Magnus Gallant, Rarity, Magnus Gallant, TMMadman, Poison Mushroom, Rarity, TMMadman, Tommunist, imgay
Tommunist (0): BottleKnight, BottleKnight
Poison Mushroom (0): TMMadman, TMMadman, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant
Section 31 (0): Quidnose, Quidnose, Someone Awful!, Someone Awful!, Section 31, Section 31, Magnus Gallant, Magnus Gallant

Not Voting (1): Poison Mushroom

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 12th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Morning dawns again, and this time along with the rays of the sun everyone is greeted with the smell of charred fresh.

Upon searching for the source of the smell, the citizens of Dalaran find the house of Magnus Gallant. In the doorway is a pile of ashes, behind which a charred outline is imprinted on the wall behind them. No information can be glaened from a pile of ashes, unfortunately.

Magnus Gallant, ??? (???-aligned ???) was reduced to ashes on Night 1.

Day 2 begins.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Not Voting (14): CapitalistPig, Conall, fiery_valkyrie, imgay, Kashuno, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Poison Mushroom, Quidnose, Rarity, Section 31, Someone Awful!, TMMadman, Tommunist, uranus

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 17th, 2015 at 1 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 12 hours.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The following players need to post more or risk being replaced:
  • MEDS CURE SCHIZOS
  • Section 31

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
what kind of idiot lynch was that. how did everyone end up voting for a guy no one thought was scum

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I did not condone the murder of my good friend bottleknight

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

uranus posted:

what kind of idiot lynch was that. how did everyone end up voting for a guy no one thought was scum

I feel like there is an error in your logic here....

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I feel like there is an error in your logic here....

I'm sorry, are you saying that BK was scum?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

well i mean, Rarity did a case here, so there's that

Rarity posted:

Fine, I'll just do BK. This is the sum total of his contributions so far:

- Claims town/horde to defend Cpig, I'm not reading much into this cause I did the same thing
- 'Me too' vote on SA
- " I think he is scum because he is spinning his wheels on other people instead of just spinning his own wheels." - I have no idea what BK is saying here. Can you clarify please?
- Aggressive push on Tommunist, not a fan, BK vows to follow up
- BK does follow up and votes! Fair play.
- Switches vote onto TM with reasoning built on assumed alignment. DO NOT LIKE.
- Claims that "[TM's] interactions have been weird and I think you've been pretty slimy", this is not backed up by his earlier posts.

I'm not liking this at all. Would be happy to vote for BK.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidnose posted:

I'm sorry, are you saying that BK was scum?

I'm saying that clearly some people thought he was scum, otherwise he wouldn't have gotten lynched.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
felt more like 'no one can agree on the numorous people we all feel strongly are bad, lets lynch this random guy instead'

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i mean really, all the discussion on madman, kash, pmush, awful, even tommunist, all would have been fine choices. somehow bk is killed.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Out of the numerous bad votes on BK, I'd say Tommunist looks the worst.

His entire play so far has been entirely non-committal and ambivalent, and not even in a "I don't know what's going on" way. He tried to link Kashuno to BottleKnight for no actual reason other than "both bandwagons were potentially gaining traction", yet didn't actually want to vote for BK until someone absolved him of the potential guilt in an OMGUS vote. This is not town play. It's too safe and is more predicated on "Am I trying to avoid looking scummy?" rather than "Am I trying to lynch scum?".

##vote Tommunist

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I linked them because they both came across as scummy in conjunction to me?

Obviously BK didn't flip as scum so I'm out on the pedestal here.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Tommunist posted:

lol

i woudl kill this man

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I'm not going to be able to re-read the thread and assess who I think is scummy/defend my self competently for the next sixteen hours, but lynching me isn't going to do anything for the town.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tommunist posted:

Tommunist posted:

I mean i'll vote for PMush if thats where its obvious its going, but i think SA/TMM/BK/kashuno are much more likely scum

I'm not entirely sure I trust your scum hunting skills to begin with. You outright admitted that you'd be fine with a bandwagon lynch, but in the same sentence, you slide four more names in there. You might as well have made a LumpenList™.

quote:

It took eight other people to lynch, myself included. It's not the vote that's damning, it's how you got there.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I'm not entirely sure I trust your scum hunting skills to begin with. You outright admitted that you'd be fine with a bandwagon lynch, but in the same sentence, you slide four more names in there. You might as well have made a LumpenList™.

Those were other people that came across to me as scummy?

Was just pointing out where else i would vote.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

It took eight other people to lynch, myself included. It's not the vote that's damning, it's how you got there.

But if he'd flipped scum i wouldn't be being questioned now, which is/was my point.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tommunist posted:

But if he'd flipped scum i wouldn't be being questioned now, which is/was my point.

Is this because we'd all be cheering and shaking hands and opening champagne, or because you wouldn't have made these posts to begin with?

I'm looking at things through hindsight. You're apparently using alternate reality-sight.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Is this because we'd all be cheering and shaking hands and opening champagne, or because you wouldn't have made these posts to begin with?

my point was you wouldn't have pushed me here about how my posts/how i got there yesterday if he'd flipped scum, but instead here we are.

its a pointless tangent anyway.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The whole point of it isn't what the person flipped as, it's that you're actively avoiding firm stands unless you have some assurance from other people that it's okay.

If he had flipped as scum, your ambivalence would probably have looked worse because it would be seen as reluctance to actually push scum.

However, I am inclined to partially agree with your past point: It is a pointless tangent to talk about what could have happened, because it's yet another means for you to avoid doing or saying anything incriminating. Your entire defense thus far can be summed up as "Nuh-uh" and "In an alternate universe, this wouldn't matter".

So, let's put aside your "I wouldn't be drawing attention if he had flipped as scum" and focus on what's actually happening in the game.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

So, let's put aside your "I wouldn't be drawing attention if he had flipped as scum" and focus on what's actually happening in the game.

Which is....?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

uranus posted:

I thought he was scum :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Which is....?

This!

Tommunist posted:

i think me voting for BK would be a bit OMGUS

Tommunist posted:

you're right.

##vote BottleKnight

Tommunist is putting how he is perceived at a higher priority than catching scum and only lays down a vote when it's pointed out that he shouldn't be caring about OMGUS. I just checked votefinder, he's only played 4 games and he's acting exactly like nervous newbie scum.

##vote Tommunist

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Magnus was pushing for a PMush lynch towards the end of yesterday and I do think she has been pretty scummy, but I'm also wondering if he was killed to drive the vote towards her.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Magnus was pushing for a PMush lynch towards the end of yesterday and I do think she has been pretty scummy, but I'm also wondering if he was killed to drive the vote towards her.

NK speculation is usually bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Someone Awful! posted:

well i mean, Rarity did a case here, so there's that

Wow this is a scummy post. It's trying to point to someone as an excuse for the BK lynch.

##vote SA

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

NK speculation is usually bad.

Gee thanks dad. Got any thoughts on PMush?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Gee thanks dad. Got any thoughts on PMush?

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see on PMush

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to see on PMush

So you have no thoughts at all about someone who spent most of D1 voting you for reasons that amounted to gut and a staged fight then came in 6 hours before the deadline to unvote with the easy 'not feeling it anymore' excuse and said she stopped looking for scum, then whiplashed her opinion about section 31 in about a minute but didn't vote it and then disappeared without voting at all?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Sorry for not being active , who is the scum? What's happening?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

Sorry for not being active , who is the scum? What's happening?

Are you the scum CPig?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Are you the scum CPig?

Nah generic goblin hero

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CapitalistPig posted:

Nah generic goblin hero

Alright, I'll accept this for now.

Personally, I think PMush is scum. She spent most of D1 saying that Kash and I are scum together because our argument seemed too perfectly staged. Then with 6 hours left to deadline, she unvotes Kash saying she isn't feeling it anymore because she doesn't think two scum would butt heads so long but completely ignores the fact that one of us could still be scum. Her unvote also essentially (and conveniently) makes Kash an unviable target. When asked for other reads she says she stopped looking because she was convinced Kash and I were scum together. To me, it reads like she is either working with Kash or she knows our alignments already.

So I'm going to start there today.

##vote PMush

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Anyone else's pm say they spent the night mining in their Garrison?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Alright, I'll accept this for now.

Personally, I think PMush is scum. She spent most of D1 saying that Kash and I are scum together because our argument seemed too perfectly staged. Then with 6 hours left to deadline, she unvotes Kash saying she isn't feeling it anymore because she doesn't think two scum would butt heads so long but completely ignores the fact that one of us could still be scum. Her unvote also essentially (and conveniently) makes Kash an unviable target. When asked for other reads she says she stopped looking because she was convinced Kash and I were scum together. To me, it reads like she is either working with Kash or she knows our alignments already.

So I'm going to start there today.

##vote PMush

I don't know how you got that from pmush's statement. It was pretty clear that her post said that neither one of us is scum because it's unlikely a scum player would tunnel like that.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
actually, that's a really blatant misrepresentation and probably explains why TMM didn't just quote that post because it explicity states "either"

Poison Mushroom posted:

##unvote

I'm actually cooling on TM and Kash. If either of them were scum, I don't think they'd be this stubbornly determined to keep bashing their heads against the wall like this.

That's sketchy. ##vote TMM

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

imgay posted:

Anyone else's pm say they spent the night mining in their Garrison?

is that a in your window

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

actually, that's a really blatant misrepresentation and probably explains why TMM didn't just quote that post because it explicity states "either"

That's sketchy. ##vote TMM

Or it's just more likely that I'm on my phone and didn't want to go searching for quotes.

• Locked thread