Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

Artelier posted:

Ugh this Ofieri Mage fight sucks. :(

Use Axii.

Slowed him down and allowed me to take 1/3 of his health with each attack.

Also, have you noticed that you actually have your armour and weapons in your inventory? I have no idea how they get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

The in-game taxman cracking down on nefarious pearl salesmen was pretty awesome.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull

elpaganoescapa posted:

Does the DLC have some cool new armor and loot?

I've came across a few untranslated crafting things, I'm assuming they'll be decent.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

gently caress boars and gently caress spiders. Expansion is cool. Peace.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I really like this game but drat do I have quest OCD. It pains me to skip side content :(

Chuck Finley
Oct 27, 2010

Ledenko posted:

Kinda curious about something - I went into the expansion on my post-ending save, is it different if you finish this first and then go for the ending? Can anything change?

I also did it on my end save. I didn't notice any major changes but the dialogue definitely indicates an awareness of your decisions, like when talking to Shani you mention that Radovid is dead if you went that way through the story. Might have been more little things like that I've missed.

Also this is a really good expansion. Everything CDPR does is good. :fap:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

So I have something weird going on. I finished the game with full mastercrafted griffin armour, and started collecting diagrams in NG+. Am almost good enough to wear legendary mastercrafted griffin, but I'd like to switch to wolf armour. However, the legendary superior wolf gloves require enhanced griffin gloves (not legendary) in order to craft them. Even more annoying, despite collecting all the diagrams in the first game, the enhanced griffin gloves (not legendary) no longer appear as an acquired diagram for me. So it's impossible to make full legendary wolf armour beyond legendary enhanced (which is way under-levelled for me in NG+ now).

Anyone else run into this and is there a way to fix it on PS4? (Assuming not, since there's no console to cheat with).

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

hemale in pain posted:

I really like this game but drat do I have quest OCD. It pains me to skip side content :(

After a while I learned that there's really no downside to turning down quests and it's pretty in-character for Geralt to hear someone out and go "nah I don't really wanna do that" and then walk away, so on my playthrough I ended up going to quests, hearing what they're about, and then deciding if I actually wanted to do them or not. I guess that's a form of immersion, in some weird way.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

1stGear posted:

So on Death March at least, CDPR went with the DLC balancing strategy of "Make every enemy have a poo poo ton of health and they all kill you in three hits". That's kind of annoying!

Use the Archgriffin decoction, it takes off 10% of an enemy's current HP with each strong attack you make, in addition to your regular damage. Makes HP sponge enemies much less irritating.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Poolparty posted:

The in-game taxman cracking down on nefarious pearl salesmen was pretty awesome.

:) that's mine

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Haven't seen the pearl salesman, however I found Viper gear stuff.

Now Comte, it's very nice of you to include Viper stuff but all I wanted was Kaer Morhen armour!

The Caretaker fight is bullshit btw and made me quit for today.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 31 hours!
So how the heck people go on about with their 30+ builds? There's only 12 slots as far as I know

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm just about to start playing and how necessary are sidequests in this game? I heard that they actually give poo poo-all for exp and all you really get is gold, so I should just do the ones that sound interesting and skip ones that sound boring. That about right?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Pierson posted:

I'm just about to start playing and how necessary are sidequests in this game? I heard that they actually give poo poo-all for exp and all you really get is gold, so I should just do the ones that sound interesting and skip ones that sound boring. That about right?

I found them all interesting hth

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Honest Thief posted:

So how the heck people go on about with their 30+ builds? There's only 12 slots as far as I know

Let the points sit there :eng99:

or take some other talents for fun.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Pierson posted:

If it sounds boring, it's probably constructed that way so you don't go investigating some horrific tragedy caused by the quest giver.

Stop caring about xp and gold and enjoy the amazing writing that this game has to offer even in the most mundane sounding side quests.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Pierson posted:

No. Do all of them.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Regy Rusty posted:

No. Do all of them.

But feel free to skip any ? locations if you don't enjoy them. Honestly, I prefer to just turn map markers off and explore naturally, it feels better and prevents UbiSoft-inspired OCD. You don't get anything for beating all the points-of-interest, and a lot of them have cool things to see and do, but a lot are also pretty similar.

All the quests, the stuff that shows up in your journal under main quest, side quest, or monster hunt, are hand-made and unique. The ? are also hand-crafted, but sadly not all unique.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

But feel free to skip any ? locations if you don't enjoy them. Honestly, I prefer to just turn map markers off and explore naturally, it feels better and prevents UbiSoft-inspired OCD. You don't get anything for beating all the points-of-interest, and a lot of them have cool things to see and do, but a lot are also pretty similar.

Yeah. Basically the way I used ? locations was just as a way to remind me "hey you haven't really explored this part of the map yet, maybe there's something cool". I eventually got all of them just by deciding I wanted to spend half an hour exploring every now and then.

But the actual quests and contracts are all cool and fun and worth doing totally independent of whatever rewards you might get from them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I haven't played since release, is Igni still op as gently caress?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I only do the unique hand-crafted artisanal bespoke heirloom quests

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Poolparty posted:

What is it? I'm not gonna get to the game until the DLC items bug is fixed on PSN

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
DLC items bug?

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Quote-Unquote posted:

So I have something weird going on. I finished the game with full mastercrafted griffin armour, and started collecting diagrams in NG+. Am almost good enough to wear legendary mastercrafted griffin, but I'd like to switch to wolf armour. However, the legendary superior wolf gloves require enhanced griffin gloves (not legendary) in order to craft them. Even more annoying, despite collecting all the diagrams in the first game, the enhanced griffin gloves (not legendary) no longer appear as an acquired diagram for me. So it's impossible to make full legendary wolf armour beyond legendary enhanced (which is way under-levelled for me in NG+ now).

Anyone else run into this and is there a way to fix it on PS4? (Assuming not, since there's no console to cheat with).

They fixed this in 1.10 on PC at least.

The big benefit on the higher skill points in NG+, is that you can learn skills from further down the tree that have a high initial cost. For instance, in the normal game, synergy (tier 3 alchemy skill), is such a commitment, you most likely can only get it if you're going pure alchemy. In NG+, where you're swimming in points you can throw it on everything make geralt super op.

Igni is still pretty OP, but they nerfed the hell out of firestream in patch 1.07, so pretty much don't even bother investing in that. Yrden was nerfed to the ground in 1.10 unfortunately too.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I feel like they also nerfed the quen secondary mode.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How'd they nerf Firestream? Just lower burn chance so it can't stunlock anymore?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

RatHat posted:

How'd they nerf Firestream? Just lower burn chance so it can't stunlock anymore?

Part that, part at most you're going to stunlock for 2 seconds. Regular Igni can stunlock more than alt Igni if you're in the griffin set and have that talent.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Does anyone have a picture of the world-map (particularly the region north and east of Novigrad) pre-HoS? I hadn't played in forever until HoS released, so I have a hard time picking out where exactly things changed or got added.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I actually found the Yrden secondary to be the strongest of the signs. It lasts a long time, does decent damage, and almost always makes enemies flinch on hit.

Oh and it's super useful against flying enemies too.

Jizz into Darkness
Oct 28, 2010

Slashrat posted:

Does anyone have a picture of the world-map (particularly the region north and east of Novigrad) pre-HoS? I hadn't played in forever until HoS released, so I have a hard time picking out where exactly things changed or got added.

http://witcher3map.com/ hasn't updated its map yet.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Party Plane Jones posted:

The new 1.10 patch apparently boned people performancewise. Try installing it with 1.084.

Just an update, rolling back to 1.08 made the game run a lot smoothly. Still slow enough to make me crave a system upgrade, but definetly smooth enough to be playable. I'm getting 30 - 50fps no matter what and that's more than enough for me to enjoy the game.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

All the quests, the stuff that shows up in your journal under main quest, side quest, or monster hunt, are hand-made and unique. The ? are also hand-crafted, but sadly not all unique.

I thought I wouldn't go for all the ?s, but I found a Spoil of War that had the Superior Swallow recipe in it, so now it's a real dilemma.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Beeez posted:

I thought I wouldn't go for all the ?s, but I found a Spoil of War that had the Superior Swallow recipe in it, so now it's a real dilemma.

I am not totally positive because I only very rarely do loot placement, but I'm pretty sure most spoils of war and smugglers caches are incredibly unlikely to drop anything worthwhile. Hidden treasures are (often) good and bandit camps are very good, especially early game.

But really I have no idea, don't quote me on anything.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

RatHat posted:

DLC items bug?

1.10 basically deletes all the DLC items, which is a huge pain in the rear end if you had DLC horse gear.

So I can't save anything until it's patched on PSN. It's already quickfixed on PC.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Good old Witcher, of course there has to be the same loving thing. Had the misfortune of having a drink at the wedding and now the drunk effect won't go away. Way to ruin your own game with one simple solution, CDPR.

Sekenr fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Oct 14, 2015

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Another thing I noted about 1.10/DLC performance - loading times seems much longer now, especially fast traveling within the same region (This is on a PC with a SSD)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

ymgve posted:

Another thing I noted about 1.10/DLC performance - loading times seems much longer now, especially fast traveling within the same region (This is on a PC with a SSD)

I haven't seen that. I've thought load times have been much faster, where I can mash X and don't have to listen to the whole story line from Dandelion as much,

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
The wedding is awesome and is possibly as good as drunk Witcher bros.

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

JetsGuy posted:

What is it? I'm not gonna get to the game until the DLC items bug is fixed on PSN

A tax collector appears in Oxenfurt and asks if you sold any leather in white orchard (the cow glitch), asks if you sold pearls and if you took items from people's houses. I had about 1000 in fines, but haven't progressed the quest yet.

I've played for about 2 hours on ps4 with a ng+ save and I haven't noticed any bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

I am not totally positive because I only very rarely do loot placement, but I'm pretty sure most spoils of war and smugglers caches are incredibly unlikely to drop anything worthwhile. Hidden treasures are (often) good and bandit camps are very good, especially early game.

But really I have no idea, don't quote me on anything.

Maybe I just got lucky, though it was actually Superior Golden Oriole, I misremembered slightly. I also found Superior Dragon's Dream in an abandoned village in Skellige. Smuggler Caches and Spoils of War seem pretty boring but it does give me pause, because I'd like to have a full set of potions and bombs by the end of the game.