Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

ljtrigirl posted:

I like this response.

^^ Scum found, thank you and good night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Observe: SSV over-eggs the pudding on his read on me. Meinberg throws down a vote, ljtrigirl pops in to agree with Meinberg without taking action.

I think Meinberg's vote so early on is too risky for typical scum play.
ljtrigirl though made a low effort post which appears to engage with the game but has no value.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Birdstrike posted:

^^ Scum found, thank you and good night.

Nope. Try again.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Birdstrike posted:

Observe: SSV over-eggs the pudding on his read on me. Meinberg throws down a vote, ljtrigirl pops in to agree with Meinberg without taking action.

I think Meinberg's vote so early on is too risky for typical scum play.
ljtrigirl though made a low effort post which appears to engage with the game but has no value.

*shrug*

It's the first time Meinberg's made a post in game that I liked, so I found it notable.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Maybe it's just his avatar, but I feel like I can't trust that Birdstrike guy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Meinberg posted:

Maybe it's just his avatar, but I feel like I can't trust that Birdstrike guy.

Mafia is a game built on trust, so

wait

It's okay, I come from a strange place and speak with an amusing accent, I'm used to this ostracism.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Well australians are scum irl

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EccoRaven posted:

it would be pretty silly if the day continued after a majority vote regardless of the deadline mechanics.

assumptions are the mother of all fuckups

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Birdstrike posted:

:lol: at Captain Foo trying to mafia dad me but not understanding plurality

Based on prior experiences I would probably vig AnonNarc.

when did i try to mafiadad you

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

Well australians are scum irl

Confirmed.

Captain Foo posted:

when did i try to mafiadad you

You suggested I read the thread
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Birdstrike posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:romo:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

:laffo:

Nah, I'm good with my vote

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hey Taste I've always had the impression you're good at reading people and their posts. Anything come off forced to you as of yet? Something about Ljtrigirl rings false and Birdstrike seems too combative early on, but the thing is I haven't read or played a game with either of these two players ever. And for the majority of the roster it's pretty much the same thing. Only players I'm familiar with to some extent are Foo, Taste, Hal, and Anon. I've heard a lot about Meinberg via proxy but that's about it.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hey Taste I've always had the impression you're good at reading people and their posts. Anything come off forced to you as of yet? Something about Ljtrigirl rings false and Birdstrike seems too combative early on, but the thing is I haven't read or played a game with either of these two players ever. And for the majority of the roster it's pretty much the same thing. Only players I'm familiar with to some extent are Foo, Taste, Hal, and Anon. I've heard a lot about Meinberg via proxy but that's about it.

do you feel it's more the combo of birdstrike and ljtrigirl? because i have issues with their posts seperately, but the interactions aren't really pinging me. the birdstrike mafiadad post is really silly but i'm not sure i'm willing to drop the disingenuous-word right now. ljtrigirl's defense of her agreement is kind of weird.

ljtrigirl posted:

*shrug*

It's the first time Meinberg's made a post in game that I liked, so I found it notable.

it was also his first post with real content that wasn't smalltalk, maybe third if you want to stretch it. the thing is though, the smalltalk posts weren't avoiding saying things, they were occurring in early thread boot.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

if you thought the post was so good, ljtrigirl, why didn't you also vote?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
it's sleepy time for me now

in the meantime I have a new av :unsmith:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i don't particularly like birdstrike calling out SSV for providing the first real content-based read in the entire thread

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

at this point we need to hear more from the people who are FREAKIN' LURKING

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Birdstrike posted:

:lol: at Captain Foo trying to mafia dad me but not understanding plurality

Based on prior experiences I would probably vig AnonNarc.

Based on prior experience, like how you always think I'm scum and you're always wrong?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You literally just named everyone in the game.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Honestly 100 that post strikes me as pretty suspicious.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Based on prior experience, like how you always think I'm scum and you're always wrong?

But you were scum in the tournament game (which you won)?
-

100Yrs how do you feel about SSV?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I like the new avatar Birdstrike

Tell me who the badguys are

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:siren: Arbitrary postcount check.

If you do not have at least 10 posts total by the end of the day (which is in :d: 31 hours from this post) you will be modkilled.

Feel free to shitpost to make this number I do not care.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tremendous Taste posted:

Honestly 100 that post strikes me as pretty suspicious.

what do you find suspicious about it? I don't feel like giving a rundown of player familiarity earlier on D1 is a suspicious thing to do.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It reads like buddying up out of nowhere, really strikes me as odd. Perhaps he's trying to coax activity out of me?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tremendous Taste posted:

It reads like buddying up out of nowhere, really strikes me as odd. Perhaps he's trying to coax activity out of me?

okay, fair enough w/r/t buddying. otoh, why wouldn't you expect someone to try to pull content out of you?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tremendous Taste posted:

Yeah it was kind of random. I assumed you two had some torrid history together or something. Also I don't love posts that are like "hey someone else make some content so I can riff off it" posts.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Also I don't love posts that are like "hey someone else make some content so I can riff off it" posts.

i tend to let things like that slide a little more on D1 when there isn't a ton to go on in the first place

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Birdstrike posted:

But you were scum in the tournament game (which you won)?
-

100Yrs how do you feel about SSV?

Ha you're right looks like we haven't played together in as many games as I thought, and I was scum in two of them. Not this time though.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

okay, fair enough w/r/t buddying. otoh, why wouldn't you expect someone to try to pull content out of you?

I'd expect them to want to generate it themselves

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

And see how his post has indeed generated content! I'll agree that some basic polling and questioning of others isn't too out of line at this phase. Personally, I can see his thought process and it's a null for me, with the potential to swing either way based on future content.

As a note, I've arrived in AC and intend to stay in my hotel room fairly often and enjoy the relaxing environment. I hopefully will be able to keep up with things, baring my occasional trips to the floor.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Meinberg posted:

And see how his post has indeed generated content!

Oh come on, by that metric a fake scumclaim would be a productive town move

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Oh come on, by that metric a fake scumclaim would be a productive town move

god DAMNIT jake

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Okay let's generate some content.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I think we run a real risk of being steam rolled if we're not careful. Days promise to be fast and plurality favors apathy. Town has everything to lose by keeping quiet.

This is an odd post because everything it contains is self evident. I also don't like the use of 'we'.
##vote 100YrsofAttitude

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Birdstrike posted:

Okay let's generate some content.

This is an odd post because everything it contains is self evident. I also don't like the use of 'we'.
##vote 100YrsofAttitude

if this post is bad enough to vote on for you, why did you find it voteable rather than Meinberg's post almost immediately following?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry for being silent while stuff was happening, I was busy being asleep and then being busy running to work.

Bird, I don't know how to read that post. It feels more like anxious town to me, but of course that raises the question of why they're anxious. I do agree that slipping in that "we" to make sure that they are seen as associating themselves with town is bad, but I wouldn't say that's worth putting a vote down.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tremendous Taste posted:

attempting to get people's attention is better than not posting or providing anything of worth, which is what you seem to be doing

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TT you've provided one and a half posts that contain anything of value

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SirSamVimes posted:

Sorry for being silent while stuff was happening, I was busy being asleep and then being busy running to work.

Bird, I don't know how to read that post. It feels more like anxious town to me, but of course that raises the question of why they're anxious. I do agree that slipping in that "we" to make sure that they are seen as associating themselves with town is bad, but I wouldn't say that's worth putting a vote down.

who do you think is suspicious right now

• Locked thread