Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm getting annoyed with taste because he seems rather content to snipe at people trying to generate content also he never answered one of my questions re: the vig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Captain Foo posted:

if this post is bad enough to vote on for you, why did you find it voteable rather than Meinberg's post almost immediately following?

Meinberg's post has a lightness to it which I enjoyed. Looking back now though it is very white-noisy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

##vote taste

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've always used we both as town or scum, come to think of it.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

You literally just named everyone in the game.

I rarely edit my posts after having written them, even before typing them. What you see is my thought process as it goes on. At first I felt I didn't know anyone and even though I end up naming most of the game I'm not going to bother to fix the beginning to fit what the end turns out to be.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah it was kind of random. I assumed you two had some torrid history together or something. Also I don't love posts that are like "hey someone else make some content so I can riff off it" posts.

No torrid history. I've always felt Taste to be a honest person who'll say what he thinks.

Captain Foo posted:

do you feel it's more the combo of birdstrike and ljtrigirl? because i have issues with their posts seperately, but the interactions aren't really pinging me. the birdstrike mafiadad post is really silly but i'm not sure i'm willing to drop the disingenuous-word right now. ljtrigirl's defense of her agreement is kind of weird.

I'm not really looking interactions or signs of out of thread camaraderie. My bias towards ljtrigirl comes from the fact that a lot of the posting seemed to be trying to hard. Posting just to post. Then on a more subjective angle her AV seems to be annoying and I don't like typing 'ljtrigirl' as I always forget the order of the l and j. Not that those points really matter but they don't make me inclined to be forgiving especially since I don't know a thing about her.

I'm being really subjective on Birdstrike. I don't like abrasive players. It may be too emotional on my part but I don't find they make for a pleasant experience and I do think that it's counter to how a town player should act (which is generally agreeable and having a "for the greater good" mentality.)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I rarely edit my posts after having written them, even before typing them. What you see is my thought process as it goes on. At first I felt I didn't know anyone and even though I end up naming most of the game I'm not going to bother to fix the beginning to fit what the end turns out to be.

No torrid history. I've always felt Taste to be a honest person who'll say what he thinks.

I'm not really looking interactions or signs of out of thread camaraderie. My bias towards ljtrigirl comes from the fact that a lot of the posting seemed to be trying to hard. Posting just to post. Then on a more subjective angle her AV seems to be annoying and I don't like typing 'ljtrigirl' as I always forget the order of the l and j. Not that those points really matter but they don't make me inclined to be forgiving especially since I don't know a thing about her.

I'm being really subjective on Birdstrike. I don't like abrasive players. It may be too emotional on my part but I don't find they make for a pleasant experience and I do think that it's counter to how a town player should act (which is generally agreeable and having a "for the greater good" mentality.)

now that your biases are out there, who do you actually think is suspicious?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I do think that it's counter to how a town player should act (which is generally agreeable and having a "for the greater good" mentality.)

Sorry for being brusque friendo :)

But I don't think "agreeable" is conducive to good town play.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

100Yrs how do you feel about SSV?

Not particularly good. I'm cautious by nature, particularly on D1 but I don't like the deflection here:

SirSamVimes posted:

If you want to tell someone to post more, I would recommend Hal for that purpose

this case lacks a vote so it doesn't really have any bite to it here:

SirSamVimes posted:

I'd probably vig Birdstrike with the information so far. He throws a jokey post at Foo, then ducks under until he pops up again to say he'd vig a scum which gives no information about his opinions or reads and serves only to show off how ~totally townie~ he is.
that said SSV might just be cautious like I am with his D1 vote.

This is just plain rude:

SirSamVimes posted:

Well australians are scum irl

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Anyone who answered the vig question with a meta argument kind of makes me squint, as do people who just avoided it entirely. It's a good way to get opinions out and a town player has no reason to avoid the question. Especially Hal (who has put a meaningless vote down and not given opinions since) and Birdstrike (who seemed to object to ending jokephase when extending jokephase is a pro-scum thing to do)

Ljtri gives me kinda weird pings with the flurry of setup-related questions and the statement that she can't do anything at work and the statement that she refuses to phonepost. Feels like excusing herself.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

100YrsofAttitude posted:

This is just plain rude:

I'm a New Zealander. We're trained to hate Australians from birth.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

now that your biases are out there, who do you actually think is suspicious?

Anon isn't anywhere near as engaged as I remember her usually being. This is actually really weird.

Considering how much fluff ljtrigirl was posting her comment on Meinberg's post is really weak. I don't quite know what that means, not knowing how she can usually be, but I'm suspicious of her.

And what I said about SirVimes.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm a New Zealander. We're trained to hate Australians from birth.

...Fine. I guess I can get national rivalries.

I also wrote what amount to town reads on the other players with my reasonings but I didn't want to make the post needlessly long but I can post it if anyone feels it's pertinent.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SirSamVimes posted:

Anyone who answered the vig question with a meta argument kind of makes me squint, as do people who just avoided it entirely. It's a good way to get opinions out and a town player has no reason to avoid the question. Especially Hal (who has put a meaningless vote down and not given opinions since) and Birdstrike (who seemed to object to ending jokephase when extending jokephase is a pro-scum thing to do)

Ljtri gives me kinda weird pings with the flurry of setup-related questions and the statement that she can't do anything at work and the statement that she refuses to phonepost. Feels like excusing herself.

so uh

who are you not squinting at? you're i think the only person that actually answered it late enough to have a read on anyone

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Anon isn't anywhere near as engaged as I remember her usually being. This is actually really weird.

Considering how much fluff ljtrigirl was posting her comment on Meinberg's post is really weak. I don't quite know what that means, not knowing how she can usually be, but I'm suspicious of her.

i too would like to hear more from anon

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Who am I not squinting at at all?

...I think Meinberg is the only one who doesn't fit into any of the criteria I mentioned, but most of the squinting isn't serious suspicion. The only people I'm seriously suspicious of are Birdstrike, ljtri and Hal. If I had to choose one of them, I think I'd go with Hal because of the sheer void of opinions that he has to accompany his vote and the fact that he doesn't just refuse to give an opinion from the question, he basically calls it useless.

##vote Hal

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The vig question was pointless like when in the chat thread everyone posted pics of their phone backgrounds.
In context I'll give it the benefit of not being role-fishing, but it sailed close to the wind and I don't begrudge people's answers.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Birdstrike posted:

The vig question was pointless like when in the chat thread everyone posted pics of their phone backgrounds.
In context I'll give it the benefit of not being role-fishing, but it sailed close to the wind and I don't begrudge people's answers.

Content Game has a lot more point to it than jokeposting, fyi

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

I would like this vote if it wasn't an omgus.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:romo:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal votes SSV, SSV votes Hal, Dez made that catch.

What do you call it?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Birdstrike posted:

Hal votes SSV, SSV votes Hal, Dez made that catch.

What do you call it?

alice voting bob and bob voting alice an omgus does not make

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Captain Foo posted:

alice voting bob and bob voting alice an omgus does not make

Thanks for the explanation, do you know my pal Gaspy?

Moving on, I don't think SSV's vote is bad. I am a little bit suss on Hal's friendliness towards me this morning. It was very much appreciated, but I am wary of potential scum buddying up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Read foo's history from a perspective where he's scum trying to step backwards into a vote that seems sincere

It's like he's arguing with himself

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I don't like foo's vote but I can't see it as a scum move.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Captain Foo posted:

if you thought the post was so good, ljtrigirl, why didn't you also vote?

Just because I liked it didn't mean I agreed with it.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Meinberg posted:

And see how his post has indeed generated content! I'll agree that some basic polling and questioning of others isn't too out of line at this phase. Personally, I can see his thought process and it's a null for me, with the potential to swing either way based on future content.

As a note, I've arrived in AC and intend to stay in my hotel room fairly often and enjoy the relaxing environment. I hopefully will be able to keep up with things, baring my occasional trips to the floor.

It really weirds me out that you're actively participating. I like it, but why are you so much more involved this game and actually playing? I remember getting a lot of poo poo for thinking you were super scummy that one game for not doing anything because that's your MO.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

Sorry for being silent while stuff was happening, I was busy being asleep and then being busy running to work.

Bird, I don't know how to read that post. It feels more like anxious town to me, but of course that raises the question of why they're anxious. I do agree that slipping in that "we" to make sure that they are seen as associating themselves with town is bad, but I wouldn't say that's worth putting a vote down.

You're being really agreeable.

Who do you think is scum?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Just call me LJ. Lindsey Jayne. It's easier than trying to remember all of the letters.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

*shrug* I'm not going to force content. I pretty much just post what I'm thinking, stream of consciousness style.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

I would like this vote if it wasn't an omgus.

It isn't really though.

I don't like this comment.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

ljtrigirl posted:

It really weirds me out that you're actively participating. I like it, but why are you so much more involved this game and actually playing? I remember getting a lot of poo poo for thinking you were super scummy that one game for not doing anything because that's your MO.

I have more free time at the moment, I'm less burned out on Mafia at the moment, and the smaller size of this game lets me participate more meaningfully.

Your mileage may vary on "meaningfully."

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

idk. Usually I'd do a wrapup post with my all reads here, but I don't really have any strong ones in any direction. I think I have a serious style clash with a few people, which always makes it hard for me to sort scum from just different playstyles.

I want Meinberg to be good, but the whole contributing thing that he's doing is weirding me out.

I think SSV is good? His tone is different enough from my last game with him that it feels notable.

My best guess at scum right now would probably be 100, just because that post naming everyone felt kind of like fishing to see if he could get buyin for a mislynch on me. If he is scum, I'd bet that at least one partner is in the "I don't know these people" list because that's a really easy way to avoid giving reads on a scumbuddy.

I think I've talked myself into voting 100.

##vote 100

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Meinberg posted:

I have more free time at the moment, I'm less burned out on Mafia at the moment, and the smaller size of this game lets me participate more meaningfully.

Your mileage may vary on "meaningfully."

Ok. We can be amigos then because I also like that answer.

Who do you want to lynch?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Taste- PMom told me you are a jerk, and you're not living up to it this game so far.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pmom lies

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 1 Votecount :c:

100YrsofAttitude (2): Captain Foo, Birdstrike, -Captain Foo, ljtrigirl
Birdstrike (1): Meinberg
Hal Incandenza (1): SirSamVimes
Tremendous Taste (1): Captain Foo
SirSamVimes (1): Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (3): 100YrsofAttitude, AnonymousNarcotics, Tremendous Taste

:h: With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is October 15th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

===========
ATLANTA, Feb 10 (Reuters) - Lynchings in which mobs raided jailhouses to hang, torture and burn alive black men, sometimes leading to public executions in courthouse squares, occurred more often in the U.S. South than was previously known, according to a report released on Tuesday.

The slightest transgression could spur violence, the Equal Justice Initiative found, as it documented 3,959 victims of lynching in a dozen Southern states.

The group said it found 700 more lynchings of black people in the region than had been previously reported.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Well, duh.

I told him you were nice. But I'm now expecting you to be a jerk.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol I see u ecco

ljtrigirl posted:

Well, duh.

I told him you were nice. But I'm now expecting you to be a jerk.

Sorry to disappoint!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote foo

Call it omgus if you like, but he smells funny to me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
LJ you should put more content in your posts or Captain Foo will get annoyed. Personally I don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

ljtrigirl posted:

Ok. We can be amigos then because I also like that answer.

Who do you want to lynch?

My gut says Bird, but I might be internally tunneling on him too much. I probably should take a look at other folks. Hal is being a bit too lurkery, if he doesn't put out more on D2, he's someone I'll want to consider.

Foo is at the top of my "look at this guy" list, but right now I feel like he's fading into the background despite making a lot of posts, which is probably a bad thing!!

• Locked thread