Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Rarity, how do you go from having a thought out, reasoned vote on Tommunist to switching to a drive-by vote on Kash?

Rarity posted:

This!

Tommunist is putting how he is perceived at a higher priority than catching scum and only lays down a vote when it's pointed out that he shouldn't be caring about OMGUS. I just checked votefinder, he's only played 4 games and he's acting exactly like nervous newbie scum.

##vote Tommunist

Rarity posted:

##vote Kash

How about some actual reasoning?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

imgay posted:

Anyone else's pm say they spent the night mining in their Garrison?

Is this some sort of euphemism?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I am having a hard time getting into this game, someone help me aaaaa

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

Quidnose posted:

I am having a hard time getting into this game, someone help me aaaaa

:siren:

DEFENSIVE
DISINGENUOUS
DEFLECTING
DISMISSIVE

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
wwhat im saying quid is you should quote some posts and say one or more of those words

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

uranus posted:

DEFENSIVE
DISINGENUOUS
DEFLECTING
DISMISSIVE

Dscum :j:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Who is dscum?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

uranus posted:

DEFENSIVE
DISINGENUOUS
DEFLECTING
DISMISSIVE

It is not defensive because I am in no way defending myself, my behavior is not good!
It is not disingenuous because I am generally upset and frustrated that I am having a hard time even reading!
It is not deflecting because I am not trying to get suspicion off of me, if there is suspicion upon me I don't even know because I haven't really read anything!
It is not dismissive because I am not excusing myself for not reading or playing, I am simply saying "can someone help me get into this!" That statement has no positive or negative connotation to it!

I do find it out that you call me out with no vote and no real opinion on me other than to buzzword and chastise me. HURM.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Rarity, how do you go from having a thought out, reasoned vote on Tommunist to switching to a drive-by vote on Kash?

How about some actual reasoning?

Cause I was at the pub phone posting and didn't want to be antisocial to my irl friends. I thought his responses to TM's pushing were completely fabricated and he wasn't reacting in the way that a town person would.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
quid it was a joke. god drat.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

uranus posted:

quid it was a joke. god drat.

I agree Quids response to your siren post was weird. Even on first read I felt like your post was jokey and not an attack on Quid. But then you followed it up by outright stating that Quid should quote a post an use those words.

Instead he comes out and defends himself as if he was attacked. It doesn't even seem to come across as tongue in cheek either, just defensive.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I didn't read uranus' or quid's post as serious :shrug:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone please vote Kash, My ancestor's whispered to me his crimes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

Everyone please vote Kash, My ancestor's whispered to me his crimes

:allears:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I agree Quids response to your siren post was weird. Even on first read I felt like your post was jokey and not an attack on Quid. But then you followed it up by outright stating that Quid should quote a post an use those words.

Instead he comes out and defends himself as if he was attacked. It doesn't even seem to come across as tongue in cheek either, just defensive.

In fairness I did not really read his followup, just the alliteration~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

This is kinda weird.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

How do you manage to read quids post as not serious? Here it is again:

Quidnose posted:

It is not defensive because I am in no way defending myself, my behavior is not good!
It is not disingenuous because I am generally upset and frustrated that I am having a hard time even reading!
It is not deflecting because I am not trying to get suspicion off of me, if there is suspicion upon me I don't even know because I haven't really read anything!
It is not dismissive because I am not excusing myself for not reading or playing, I am simply saying "can someone help me get into this!" That statement has no positive or negative connotation to it!

I do find it out that you call me out with no vote and no real opinion on me other than to buzzword and chastise me. HURM.

I mean maybe without the part I bolded I could maybe read it as tongue in cheek. However adding that last part really moves it towards being a serious defense of himself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Idk I read it as sarcasm

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Btw Kash, who else do you think is scum besides SA?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Btw Kash, who else do you think is scum besides SA?

kashunote pending

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Kash, I have never seen you be this hesitant to name players you think are scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hi here is my list

Town
  • Kash
  • F_V
  • Uranus

Lean Town
  • Cpig
  • Meds
  • Pmush
  • Tomm
  • TMM

Lean Scum
  • imgay
  • S31
  • Quid
  • Rarity

Scum
  • Conall
  • SA

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Kash, I have never seen you be this hesitant to name players you think are scum.

I was literally making a list lol

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I was literally making a list lol

A list with no explanation or reasons for why people are ranked in that order. Not very helpful.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you would like me to expand on anyone for you, just say so. I'm not interested in making a wall of text.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

If you would like me to expand on anyone for you, just say so. I'm not interested in making a wall of text.

That's one way of making sure that you can give whatever opinion is convenient for you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

Hi here is my list
Why is Conall on your absolute scum list if you've never voted or even really mentioned him(?) until now? I don't like that. Hell, upon looking, it seems like the only time you mentioned him outside of jokephase was to defend him from TM. How did such strong feelings come out of nowhere with no previous mention at all? That feels fake as gently caress.

Add that to that you just made a Lumpen list rather than post any opinions, and I'm starting to wonder if I was right the first time.

##vote Kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why is Conall on your absolute scum list if you've never voted or even really mentioned him(?) until now? I don't like that. Hell, upon looking, it seems like the only time you mentioned him outside of jokephase was to defend him from TM. How did such strong feelings come out of nowhere with no previous mention at all? That feels fake as gently caress.

Add that to that you just made a Lumpen list rather than post any opinions, and I'm starting to wonder if I was right the first time.

##vote Kashuno

hi pmush. My reasons for suspecting Conall for scum are that they have not posted very much, and his one vote of the game was to vote cpig on quid's case, which had been discussed prior. Also, their last post was that they would come back after the weekend and read things; it's now thursday and they haven't shown a single thing. Lurking seems a decent tactic for newbie scum

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hm. I'm not sure if I agree with that case, but it feels genuine, at least.

##unvote

I really need to get a loving reread on this game in.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That exchange doesn't feel fake at all. :rolleyes:

So Kash, if you think Conall is scum for lurking then why do you put MEDS as town? Do you really think his content has been town oriented and why?

Also why is Conall scummier for lurking than Section 31 who has less posts than Conall?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

That exchange doesn't feel fake at all. :rolleyes:

So Kash, if you think Conall is scum for lurking then why do you put MEDS as town? Do you really think his content has been town oriented and why?

Also why is Conall scummier for lurking than Section 31 who has less posts than Conall?

Conall has yet to offer actual original opinions, where MEDS actually has. He provided reasons for his voting, and his attitude about you gameplay style has been consistent d1 and d2. His vote on tomm also had backing.

S31 is lurking a lot as well, and like most players lurking doesn't sit well with me. The reason I think Conall looks worse the acknowledgement from himself that he is lurking, then stating they would produce more content and not following up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Conall has yet to offer actual original opinions, where MEDS actually has. He provided reasons for his voting, and his attitude about you gameplay style has been consistent d1 and d2. His vote on tomm also had backing.

S31 is lurking a lot as well, and like most players lurking doesn't sit well with me. The reason I think Conall looks worse the acknowledgement from himself that he is lurking, then stating they would produce more content and not following up.

So then why don't you feel like PMush is scum because she has done that as well. In fact, she stated she would do a quick reread a couple hours before the D1 deadline to give us her scum reads but she still hasn't followed up with those reads.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
dont feel bad kash, the dice have selected you and there is nothing you can do about it. just shitpost and have fun for the rest of the day is my advice.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Pmush has engaged with people in this thread, and is clearly not bailing out and lurking. Her opinions seem legit and she follows up on them.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I really need to get a loving reread on this game in.

I would prefer she actually does that reread though.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

dont feel bad kash, the dice have selected you and there is nothing you can do about it. just shitpost and have fun for the rest of the day is my advice.

I'm not sure what this post means

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goes into boomchicken form and starts dancing

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
it means i thought you had a lot more votes on you than you do

derp
Jan 21, 2010