Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

Mafia thread I really like my job, even though today I had to crawl on my back under a bunch of pipes.

Living the dream.

Awesome! I enjoy my job as well. I get to spend a majority of my time outside in nature and I learn something new every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Help me, Mafia thread. I never get migraines but right now I have a migraine and I don't know what to do.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i like mma a lot more than boxing

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Look Under The Rock posted:

Help me, Mafia thread. I never get migraines but right now I have a migraine and I don't know what to do.

Caffeine

If that doesn't work, lights off, face in pillow, ear plugs in and sleep. Smoke a bowl if you can/that's your thing.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hello i just got a 4% raise. go me?

ok bye

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

uranus posted:

hello i just got a 4% raise. go me?

ok bye

Woo

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

Caffeine

If that doesn't work, lights off, face in pillow, ear plugs in and sleep. Smoke a bowl if you can/that's your thing.

Def take some Advil or ibuprofens. If you get a few in a row go to your doc they'll give you a steroid taper and that will knock them out. I used to get migraines so bad id throw up if I moved for a few weeks in a row every once in a while. I don't anymore but whenever that would happen a steroid taper from the doc knocked them out.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Failing that I've heard good things about heroin.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

Failing that I've heard good things about heroin.

It's actually mushrooms that help with cluster headaches. That or acid, can't remember which.

I don't know if heroin would help but anything that thins the blood would help id guess. One time I got put on blood thinners for a while. I was told that headaches/migraines come from constricted blood vessels in the brain.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Kumbamontu posted:

Caffeine

Smoking could be a thing. No caffeine or sleep, I need to be at school tomorrow if possible and coffee/napping will make waking up more difficult.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

A few pages back but I did that Isidewith quiz and got 98% with Sanders and a hot 0% with Ben Carson, which I'll gladly take. My highest republican candidates were Rand Paul (37%) and Bobby Jindal (33%), I assumed Bush or Christie or Kasich or someone would be in the middle ground over Jindal.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

It's actually mushrooms that help with cluster headaches. That or acid, can't remember which.

I don't know if heroin would help but anything that thins the blood would help id guess. One time I got put on blood thinners for a while. I was told that headaches/migraines come from constricted blood vessels in the brain.

it's shrooms, yeah. psilocybin has been shown to have a massive effect on cluster headaches

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Let's start a mafia fight club. I'll volunteer for the first fight. Let's go. Who's up?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Magnus Gallant posted:

Let's start a mafia fight club. I'll volunteer for the first fight. Let's go. Who's up?

me

*punches u, u die*

yay

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

EccoRaven posted:

me

*punches u, u die*

yay

Dammit I forgot you have a bowling ball for a hand

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
*is tyler turden*

*but also is jack???*

lol ikea

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Haven't had a drink in 3 weeks. The fact that it's been relatively easy thus far is actually a bad thing because my brain keeps using that as a reason for why I'm not an alcoholic and alcohol is not a problem for me- therefore I am totally fine to drink today. I can quit again tomorrow! It was easy haha.

I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. IE not drinking.

Addiction is genetic and my dad is definitely an addict himself (addicted to poker and gambling), but you can't become an addict without using that first time either so obviously I'm not blameless (in fact I'm the only one to blame).

Well that's my wellness check haha

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Magnus Gallant posted:

Haven't had a drink in 3 weeks. The fact that it's been relatively easy thus far is actually a bad thing because my brain keeps using that as a reason for why I'm not an alcoholic and alcohol is not a problem for me- therefore I am totally fine to drink today. I can quit again tomorrow! It was easy haha.

Addiction is genetic and my dad is definitely an addict himself (addicted to poker and gambling), but you can't become an addict without using that first time either so obviously I'm not blameless (in fact I'm the only one to blame).

I'm really glad and proud of you Magnus. I know it isn't easy and I know a lot of people who have struggled with it. You're doing well in not drinking and I'm really, really glad to hear it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I've quit drinking for a few months and I've quit caffeine for a few months, and quitting caffeine was a lot harder even factoring in the social pressures of drinking. The first ten days were really awful. Good luck Magnus stick with it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
best way to fix a migraine is some ibuprofen with codiene and some caffiene, followed by total darkness and sleep

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I'm really glad and proud of you Magnus. I know it isn't easy and I know a lot of people who have struggled with it. You're doing well in not drinking and I'm really, really glad to hear it.

Thank you, that means a lot buddy :glomp:

The Ninth Layer posted:

I've quit drinking for a few months and I've quit caffeine for a few months, and quitting caffeine was a lot harder even factoring in the social pressures of drinking. The first ten days were really awful. Good luck Magnus stick with it.

Thank you. Id imagine caffeine would be hard if only because it's in like everything.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The Ninth Layer posted:

Personally I feel like quitting caffeine would be worse for my coworkers than myself. Not because I'd be cranky or unmanageable, but because I think they'd quickly tire of reports submitted with the comment "HOT THING MAKE HEAT IN LEARN PLACE."

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

*is tyler turden*

*but also is jack???*

lol ikea

The Narrator is actually Chandler from Friends.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

The Narrator is actually Chandler from Friends.

Is winvirus back?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Is winvirus back?

Winvirus is alive in all of our hearts.

It is why we must harden our hearts, so he can never escape.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

He said he'd come back at the end of the year I think. But that was on D1, so take that claim with a grain of salt.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Scooby Dooby Do, where are you?
We've got a game for you now.
Scooby Dooby Do, where are you,
You've got a game to play now!

Scooby Doo Mafia - The Haunted Hilltop Hotel is now taking signups! It's should be a fun game with some fun flavor!

It's ready to start whenever it fills up, but if I'm at work then it will have to wait until I get home.

Just pimping my game again. People should join and play!

Remember because I'm the mod, you won't have to argue with me during the game!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Magnus Gallant posted:

Atta boy

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Look Under The Rock posted:

I know I am late, but did you get one with the aura or without? I seem to get them frequently when I have been starting at a computer screen too long on little sleep, and the bad part for me is always the aura. Caffeine (it doesn't even need to be that much), ibuprofen, darkness and sleep if I can always does the trick for me, as everyone else already said.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm proud of you mags :3

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Good work mags! Please keep at it!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
Slack Mafia #2 ended with a suspenseful nail-biter TOWN victory!

If you played or feel curious, join us in the thread to see how it all played out and drop any feedback. Watch for Slack Mafia #3, coming in one month when I get back from Bali!

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Lumpen posted:

Slack Mafia #2 ended with a suspenseful nail-biter TOWN victory!

If you played or feel curious, join us in the thread to see how it all played out and drop any feedback. Watch for Slack Mafia #3, coming in one month when I get back from Bali!

Next time, I get to play D2.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Post Restriction Mafia, a game for 14 players, is now accepting sign-ups!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Hello late night Mafia thread

quote this post if you want to be in the next simulated mafia game, this time with PLAYER RATINGS.

(these ratings will be randomly-generated for this phase of testing)

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
its 9:30 AM over here and I'm in class

but sure why not im in

Allen Wren posted:

quote this post if you want to be in the next simulated mafia game, this time with PLAYER RATINGS.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

oh my god this is an actual statline that came up in rolling randomly for this test:

So, basically, this person doesn't believe in ever making a random vote in jokephase and will always go for who they're suspicious of---via actual posts or just the meta, they're basically always willing to tunnel, they're slightly more likely to lose interest later on, but not by much, and they're not a policyvote, but they're definitely kind of suspicious.

That...could be like an actual person's playstyle?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Allen Wren posted:

Sign me up. This'll be an european thread this time.

Allen Wren posted:

oh my god this is an actual statline that came up in rolling randomly for this test:

So, basically, this person doesn't believe in ever making a random vote in jokephase and will always go for who they're suspicious of---via actual posts or just the meta, they're basically always willing to tunnel, they're slightly more likely to lose interest later on, but not by much, and they're not a policyvote, but they're definitely kind of suspicious.

That sure does sound pretty legitimate.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Allen Wren posted:

I dozed off at my desk and saw this before going to my actual bed.

In.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Allen Wren posted:

I want to be in and the opposite of this insufferable hypothetical bore.