Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Bugblatter posted:

other than to dick over players.

That's what we live for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I dunno man, between that last Iris's Nightmare fight and then learning the merchant exited the game world with no warning and for no reason, the DLC kind of left a sour taste in my mouth at the end. The writing was nice, especially during the wedding and the ending, and the visual effect for the painted world was cool. But between bosses that were more punishing than the controls/load times can serve and this poo poo, I can't really understand how anyone thought the decisions regarding most of the actual gameplay were good.

I just spent hours banging my dick in the door of these bosses with lovely controls, and then while trying to find the npc again I learn they popped out of existence and the best gear from the quest line was missed with no heads-up?

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Is it ok to patch to 1.10? I was holding off because I heard people had performance issues with it. Still on 1.08 at the moment. PC version using GOG.

B-Mac fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 15, 2015

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Helith posted:

Goddamn, the boss fight at the end of Scenes of a Marriage is absolutely kicking my arse on Death March right now. My hand is aching so much that I physically can't finish it tonight. I'm getting about 3/4's of the way through and then getting one shotted because I get sloppy for a second. I'll crack it tomorrow, but bravo to whoever designed that fight, it's genuinely hard.
The caretaker was pretty easy once you figured out what was going on, it just took a long time to wear it down.

And if doing that fight "normally" isn't hard enough, one of the new achievements is to beat that fight with every one of them active at the same time.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Bugblatter posted:

gently caress, super pissed to learn that you can't get the viper gear if you don't buy it the first time. I wanted to save my money for the auction and the game gave no indication that the vendor would disappear afterward. That doesn't happen for any of the other important diagrams and there's really no reason for her to, other than to dick over players.

Aren't they only like 200 total? I figured you would be able to pick them up latter but once I saw the price I decided to say gently caress it and how could anyone not afford it as chump change by that point?

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

ZearothK posted:

It is in the "Hearts of Stone extras" folder in the main Witcher directory if you bought the expansion online.

Oh, right. Goodies.
Time to check those on GOG.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
There any reason why installing patch 1.10 has made running the game so much worse? poo poo keeps stuttering constantly.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Honestly it's worked fantastic for me. Load times are faster, Ultra settings work better.

I recommend just blowing your install away and re-download it fresh. Fresh download has 1.10 built in instead of upgrading your old install.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Bummed that all the Saskia/Vergen stuff was relegated to a comic. Also "Iroveth going back to his home planet".

Hearts of Stone would have been a perfect spot to insert at least Iorveth in a "Roche"-like manner. Ah well...there's always "Blood and Wine".

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Are their any controller drivers/programs that work with Windows 10? I was using DS4Tool and it was working fine when I was on Win7, but now my D-pad likes to double press (making moving around menus unreliable) and other stupid poo poo like A (cross) and B (circle) unreliable/rapid fire. I only have a DS3 and DS4 controller at my disposal and this is the first game that seemed to play better with a controller than K+M for me. Should I suck it up and just buy that steam controller or whatever?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Apparently Gamestop has the Collector's Edition of Hearts of Stone in stock,

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/dlc/the-witcher-iii-wild-hunt-hearts-of-stone-gwent-card-bundle/126306

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Fhqwhgads posted:

Are their any controller drivers/programs that work with Windows 10? I was using DS4Tool and it was working fine when I was on Win7, but now my D-pad likes to double press (making moving around menus unreliable) and other stupid poo poo like A (cross) and B (circle) unreliable/rapid fire. I only have a DS3 and DS4 controller at my disposal and this is the first game that seemed to play better with a controller than K+M for me. Should I suck it up and just buy that steam controller or whatever?

TW3 now has native DS4 support. If you want to use DStool you need to check the "hide ds4" box. Otherwise you get the game reading all inputs twice.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Snuffman posted:

Bummed that all the Saskia/Vergen stuff was relegated to a comic. Also "Iroveth going back to his home planet".

A pretty dumb comic, too. I was hoping it would explore her backstory and be primarily about her instead of just the Kayran fight from TW2 bolted on to a really quick and dirty (and nonsensical) explanation for why she's not mentioned much in TW3. The writing in general is kinda crap and the art is meh with some pretty conspicuous tracing in places. Plus Saskia herself barely does anything in it. They bring Geralt in just because...can't have a Witcher comic without Geralt I guess, even though his presence makes no sense either.

The Sharmat fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 15, 2015

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

TW3 now has native DS4 support. If you want to use DStool you need to check the "hide ds4" box. Otherwise you get the game reading all inputs twice.

That would explain a lot of the double clicking/double menu movement! I'd much rather use native support than an external tool. Now to figure out how to get that working...

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Bugblatter posted:

I dunno man, between that last Iris's Nightmare fight and then learning the merchant exited the game world with no warning and for no reason, the DLC kind of left a sour taste in my mouth at the end. The writing was nice, especially during the wedding and the ending, and the visual effect for the painted world was cool. But between bosses that were more punishing than the controls/load times can serve and this poo poo, I can't really understand how anyone thought the decisions regarding most of the actual gameplay were good.

I just spent hours banging my dick in the door of these bosses with lovely controls, and then while trying to find the npc again I learn they popped out of existence and the best gear from the quest line was missed with no heads-up?

I'm teasing. It's a fair criticism. I didn't work on that part, but I did have a hand in another quest I'm not super proud of. But I think we've still managed to pretty consistently hit a very high quality level, especially considering that our team is a tiny fraction of the size of other studios operating in this marketspace . I'm not trying to minimize your frustrations, merely the suggestion that we did this out of a desire to hurt you, personally.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm teasing. It's a fair criticism. I didn't work on that part, but I did have a hand in another quest I'm not super proud of. But I think we've still managed to pretty consistently hit a very high quality level, especially considering that our team is a tiny fraction of the size of other studios operating in this marketspace . I'm not trying to minimize your frustrations, merely the suggestion that we did this out of a desire to hurt you, personally.

You are hurting me personally by making me choose between cool horse armor or infinite food or infinite alchemy booze or the 2 best swords :argh:

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Fhqwhgads posted:

That would explain a lot of the double clicking/double menu movement! I'd much rather use native support than an external tool. Now to figure out how to get that working...

Should just plug in the controller at it will work :confused:

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You are hurting me personally by making me choose between cool horse armor or infinite food or infinite alchemy booze or the 2 best swords :argh:

if you didn't finish the dlc then don't read this

do you actually get those items if you ask for it? I asked for nothing because it seemed like a massive trap. And then I reloaded and took a totally different path to do O'Dimm's riddle (the game should really make visiting Shani after going to the tavern a different quest, it confused me for a while) and ended up saving von Everech.

Also, gotta say, good work CDPR, I really enjoyed this DLC. So many high points.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

Anti-Hero posted:

Should just plug in the controller at it will work :confused:

Well I'm not home right now or I'd give that a shot. I'll check tonight.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Another Person posted:

if you didn't finish the dlc then don't read this

do you actually get those items if you ask for it? I asked for nothing because it seemed like a massive trap. And then I reloaded and took a totally different path to do O'Dimm's riddle (the game should really make visiting Shani after going to the tavern a different quest, it confused me for a while) and ended up saving von Everech.

Also, gotta say, good work CDPR, I really enjoyed this DLC. So many high points.

You do get the items. Also I hope you found the venomous silver sword inside that dream world thing because that's the only place to get it haha

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

You do get the items.

Oh, sweet. I'm happy with the ending I went for in the end where I decided to see what Shani had to say which gives you a totally different ending, but it is cool to know you get those things.

This DLC had so many cool characters. Vlodimir, Olgierd, O'Dimm, Casimir, auction lady (I like anyone who was buds with Vesemir).

e; is the venemous silver sword a schematic inside the cave of Orens? if so, got it

Maaaan. I loving love how they turned pub guy into a full character. I kept looking throughout the main game to try and find him and thought he had been forgotten or I had missed a chance to speak to him again. He was already one of my favourite characters even though you saw him for like 2 minutes because he had a great mysterious air to him. This only solidified my like of him.

Another Person fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Oct 15, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Another Person posted:

Oh, sweet. I'm happy with the ending I went for in the end where I decided to see what Shani had to say which gives you a totally different ending, but it is cool to know you get those things.

This DLC had so many cool characters. Vlodimir, Olgierd, O'Dimm, Casimir, auction lady (I like anyone who was buds with Vesemir).

e; is the venemous silver sword a schematic inside the cave of Orens? if so, got it

No, that's the steel sword. The venomous silver sword is inside the final level. It's stuck in a stone at the end of one of the paths.

A bit lame that all the viper school gear is missable, but meh. Hopefully someone finds the console commands to add them in later.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Infinite food? What the hell are you guys talking about? I certainly missed something...

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

ymgve posted:

Infinite food? What the hell are you guys talking about? I certainly missed something...

End of HoS spoilers...

If you do not go to see Shani and find out about the prof at the Academy after the quest where you get the flower, and instead go straight to the temple of Lilvani, then you will get a totally different ending where Olgierd dies due to O'Dimm reclaiming his soul. O'Dimm then offers you a reward for your efforts, and you get the choice of infinite food, infinite booze, horse armour, something else, and refusing to take anything because you don't trust him. Basically seeing Shani unlocks the riddle world sequence with O'Dimm at the very end.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish they'd just sell the Gwent cards by themselves. I want them.

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
That was a great expansion, full viper armour and swords own. Do we have any idea of approximately how long it will be until Blood and Wine?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

StoneOfShame posted:

That was a great expansion, full viper armour and swords own. Do we have any idea of approximately how long it will be until Blood and Wine?

I think I read that it was going to be delayed until Q2 2016, so anytime between March until June instead of the original plan for March next year.
Maybe Comte can confirm / deny.

Wiseblood posted:

And if doing that fight "normally" isn't hard enough, one of the new achievements is to beat that fight with every one of them active at the same time.

Oh shiiii-
I bet you can get that by doing it at any difficulty level though. It'd be very doable on Just the Story!

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

GreenNight posted:

Honestly it's worked fantastic for me. Load times are faster, Ultra settings work better.

I recommend just blowing your install away and re-download it fresh. Fresh download has 1.10 built in instead of upgrading your old install.

I'll check their forums, see if they've come up with anything. I'd rather get a quick fix than wait to download 37 GB so I can play again.

Charlie Brown
Oct 4, 2000

Infiltrates Your Skull
The DLC is incredible.
The wedding is possibly the best part of the entire series.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Spoiler about the romance option for the DLC: There is NO WAY they didn't get splinters and i know for a fact that this lake is filled with Drowners. Anyone know yet if you can get a ending that involves Shani? End up with her instead of Yennefer/Triss?

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER

Helith posted:

I think I read that it was going to be delayed until Q2 2016, so anytime between March until June instead of the original plan for March next year.
Maybe Comte can confirm / deny.

Oh shiiii-
I bet you can get that by doing it at any difficulty level though. It'd be very doable on Just the Story!

Tbh, I did it in deathmarch NG+ and I didn't think this fight was really that hard (I didn't get the chevo though :(). Caretaker was bullshit in NG+ though. I barely ripped a 10th of his health off, and if i screwed up and got hit he'd restore a poo poo load of health.

The adds he spawned were beyond annoying.

So the runesmith, has one nice plus in that he can craft anything after you pay him 30k. Do we know which items from the DLC transfer to NG+? I'd do the main quest again so that my geralt can rock the professors shades in NG+.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I wish they'd just sell the Gwent cards by themselves. I want them.

They do but there's some stuff you need to do: http://redeemgwent.com/

I haven't got the DLC so I grabbed the collectors edition, I've bought so much dumb witcher poo poo because of this game (the books are legit good though).

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I still get hyped when Ciri's loving battle music kicks in. I'm the worst.

Just hit 30, so looking forward to checking out the new area!

Poolparty
Aug 18, 2013

The barber is very powerful. He gave me a stylish haircut and managed to remove Gaunter's mark for the rest of the DLC.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Poolparty posted:

The barber is very powerful. He gave me a stylish haircut and managed to remove Gaunter's mark for the rest of the DLC.

I think that might be a feature of the barber actually.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Poolparty posted:

New boss fight! And after it's over Geralt can deadpan to the camera "That was a close shave". :downsrim:

I'll get my coat.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Does anyone else have issues with Roach in the last patch?

At time that whole section looks like it's unequiped, and I can't equip new trophies. Sometimes I can't summon roach and need to save and reload for the ability to summon him.

I get on him, and I still can't equip him. I think the only time was when I got some horse loot from a race, then I was able to change equips. After a while, it went back to the same thing as before, couldn't change equips, no equips showed up (blank entries in the inventory section)

Anyone run into this? it's pretty loving frustrating.

Supreme Allah posted:

They do but there's some stuff you need to do: http://redeemgwent.com/

I haven't got the DLC so I grabbed the collectors edition, I've bought so much dumb witcher poo poo because of this game (the books are legit good though).

Thanks, based on the FAQ if the cards are :10bux: I hope I can buy several ones to give out as gifts. I also hope they make nilfgard and northern realms

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Oct 16, 2015

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
1.10 has worked great for me since I installed it and even better after I verified my cache. Tried that?

lost my retainer
Oct 28, 2002

Blow me
Welp just finished the DLC. I think that the story and setpieces were amazing but the boss fights sucked rear end, one frustrating encounter after another with weird pacing / feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

was it my imagination or did the game say that the first dlc boss was immune to fire but then the first dlc boss turned out to be very weak to fire? i felt like i was playing an old final fantasy