Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
PC goon checking in (Erectile Dysfunction/Bigarmboss). I haven't abandoned the crew, but work is not leaving me any spare time this month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
I still have free time for now, Normally the PC goons are active from the evening until early AM US Eastern time. I'd love to get in on some heists action. Maybe we can actually do all in order/loyalty - it's a $2 million bonus for all the heists. I never did the elite challenges either. That, plus criminal mastermind ($10 million) are the only achievements in GTA:Online that give extra cash. All in order/loyalty go along with criminal mastermind, so even if we fail criminal mastermind again we can at least finish those 2. In-game I'm Versocrity.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

I still haven't done the Criminal Mastermind challenge yet and honestly I don't think I can.

We ran a group that did all-in-order, loyalty, hard mode, and 1st-person. Even though everyone was decent we still died several times through the course of it.

Does anyone know exactly how it works? Like if someone dies on the 3rd heist does that mean you have to start completely over or can you just exit out and start the 3rd heist over from the beginning?

E: not being locked into 1st person would make it easier, though, because 1st-person makes it useless to eat snacks and makes it virtually impossible to shoot from the Kuruma.

titties fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 9, 2015

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

titties posted:

Does anyone know exactly how it works? Like if someone dies on the 3rd heist does that mean you have to start completely over or can you just exit out and start the 3rd heist over from the beginning?

in criminal mastermind if one of your teammates dies it immediately resets all progress towards the achievement

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

And that's for what, a paltry million? Get hosed Rockstar.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Jonesy posted:

And that's for what, a paltry million? Get hosed Rockstar.

10 million.

Vokehead
Feb 13, 2013

titties posted:

I still haven't done the Criminal Mastermind challenge yet and honestly I don't think I can.

We ran a group that did all-in-order, loyalty, hard mode, and 1st-person. Even though everyone was decent we still died several times through the course of it.

E: not being locked into 1st person would make it easier, though, because 1st-person makes it useless to eat snacks and makes it virtually impossible to shoot from the Kuruma.

If anyone dies, you have to do all the heists all over again, but you're allowed to fail the heist as many times as you want so if someone's about to die, you can just leave and try again. It's pretty easy to do if everyone's using the BP helmet and heavy vest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29cBayKIgnk

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Akion posted:

10 million.

I remain petulant.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

titties posted:

I've probably sent you 5 - 8 invites as well, I don't know what the issue is. Try going to the "Discover Communities" thing and check the Friends' Communities tab. It should be listed that menu, maybe you can try to join through there. I'll also send you another invite when I get on.

I still can't join this drat group. I can find it just fine, both through the invite DivisionPost sent, and through discovering friends groups. I even see your post on it's wall. But as soon as I select "join community", it boots me back to the main dashboard. Trying again after that lags it out forever til I power off the PS4.

I just wanna murder pubbies with Goons, like the good ol' days.

Speaking of, we should set up a time to do so this weekend. I have several days off :canada:, plenty of booze, and an itchy trigger finger. I like Kelly's idea of doing freeroam events in a public lobby, too.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

Wee Bairns posted:

I still can't join this drat group. I can find it just fine, both through the invite DivisionPost sent, and through discovering friends groups. I even see your post on it's wall. But as soon as I select "join community", it boots me back to the main dashboard. Trying again after that lags it out forever til I power off the PS4.

I just wanna murder pubbies with Goons, like the good ol' days.

Speaking of, we should set up a time to do so this weekend. I have several days off :canada:, plenty of booze, and an itchy trigger finger. I like Kelly's idea of doing freeroam events in a public lobby, too.

The same thing happens when I try joining up as well. I think it might be from getting the invitation before having the firmware update installed. I tried rebuilding the database on my PS4 thought the safe mode menu, but it didn't seem to help.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aardmania posted:

I think it might be from getting the invitation before having the firmware update installed..

This just might be the issue.

titties
May 10, 2012

Aardmania posted:

The same thing happens when I try joining up as well. I think it might be from getting the invitation before having the firmware update installed. I tried rebuilding the database on my PS4 thought the safe mode menu, but it didn't seem to help.

Wee Bairns posted:

This just might be the issue.

Have you guys been getting the follow-up invitations I've been sending you?

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen

titties posted:

No, I haven't. The only invitation that I've seen so far is the one that DivisionPost sent out originally.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

/\/\
Same.

titties posted:

Nope, I haven't got them either.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Saturday night. Let's get some PS4 action up in here.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52504/what-happens-in-the-dark-a-collaborative-gta-artwork-fanzine

that GTA fanzine has finally hit the deck and its p neat

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

here are a couple good ones that weren't posted in the Social Club article.

pulaski's face would make a beautiful av lol

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Fooling around last night with DivisionPost and Aardmania.

Experiment

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Wee Bairns posted:

Fooling around last night with DivisionPost and Aardmania.

Experiment

Nice work.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

This just makes me wonder why GTA5 doesn't have usable fast food places. Lemme stuff a dozen burgers in my pocket instead of bunch of snacks.

titties
May 10, 2012

Capn Beeb posted:

This just makes me wonder why GTA5 doesn't have usable fast food places. Lemme stuff a dozen burgers in my pocket instead of bunch of snacks.

I wish it had the customizable body shape from SA so that I could make Micheal and Trevor really, really fat.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Next time I'll know where to properly be hovering to get better camera angles in the editor.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Wee Bairns posted:

Next time I'll know where to properly be hovering to get better camera angles in the editor.

Use this while messing in the editor: http://openiv.com/?p=1160

Remember to remove all mods and scripthooks before you go online.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Dunno-Lars posted:

Use this while messing in the editor: http://openiv.com/?p=1160

Remember to remove all mods and scripthooks before you go online.

Or swing by the modding thread to get a manager that does all that for you.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716767

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Yeah, I could do those suggestions, but then I'd have to buy a better PC and a copy of GTA, instead of playing it on the PS4 like I've been doing all along.

Me being a smartass aside, that's good advice for PC players though. Thanks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Lowriders and the fourth garage coming to GTA Online.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/10/15/lowriders-and-fourth-garage-coming-to-gta-online-next-week/

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
This is coming kind of too late for me. A fourth garage should have been in ages ago.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

Machete, new haircuts, Lamar?! Motherfuck Yes.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

tec9...

titties
May 10, 2012

my gta wallet is not ready

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

It'll be worth jumping on for a night to check it out, at least. Hell, it'll be worth jumping on launch night just to continuously throw explosives into the parking lot of the new shop.

titties
May 10, 2012

Who wants to grind missions / heists / ROCKET's VS INSARGENTS with me on PS4? I need to make all the money.

Toss out a time itt or message me, PSN: mr_dread. Or use the PS4 community that we set up for this particular reason idc

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

FINALLY A NON RUSTY VOODOO

I mean, I am pleased with the changes.

Grimshak
Oct 8, 2013

I know you need the meat, girl, but damn.
I'm assuming all the modifications offered at the new shop only apply to the new cars?

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Hopefully not, I want hydraulics on my T20.

TBH though I'm more excited about the new missions and new adversary modes.

Craptacular fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 15, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Wow, I'm glad that this update has taken forever

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
So, is there a 10 garage in or near Strawberry?

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Anime_Otaku posted:

So, is there a 10 garage in or near Strawberry?

There are no 10-car garages outside of Los santos

Grimshak posted:

I'm assuming all the modifications offered at the new shop only apply to the new cars?

What I gleaned from the article is that you order the new cars thru the shop and the mods are only for those applicable vehicles

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
Definitely going to bounce to every destination from now on, I don't care how long it takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

coupedeville posted:

There are no 10-car garages outside of Los santos

Not Grapeseed, Strawberry. It's the neighborhood Franklin's house is in.

• Locked thread