Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Foo posted:

i already posted further explanation of my taste vote :confused:

"I voted taste because the sky is green!"

"What! I've already explained myself!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
The greater question for now though is whether Foo, for all of his obvious and crippling flaws, is scum or simply a moron.

I'm thinking the latter right now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Here are all the ways you've disappointed me

100yrs feels like a scum searching for a narrative,
Anon has been tunnelling me as usual,
Hal has been lurky as all getout then focuses on the person who voted him,
LJ I misread, but her fascination with Meinberg is weird and she probably needs professional help,
Meinberg has made about one good post, put a half-joking vote on me and has done nothing since,
SSV has tunnelled Hal like a dwarf,
Taste needs to post more,
The less I say about Foo the better
and Ecco was right about this game.

also I'm a stupid

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

LJ I misread, but her fascination with Meinberg is weird and she probably needs professional help,
Meinberg has made about one good post, put a half-joking vote on me and has done nothing since,

also I'm a stupid

I can't help it if an infallible strategy for finding scum is looking at who makes bad cases on me D1.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hate to tell you I'm not scum looking for a narrative but hapless townie look for inconsistencies. I won't be around for deadline, I'll most certainly be asleep in the next 30 minutes probably less. I don't think I'll survive the plurality execution but that's ok. The way certain votes have been made on me I think will merit 2nd looks.

Captain Foo posted:

i already posted further explanation of my taste vote :confused:

It's still a pretty bad reason but I'm reading it more as a prod and you don't want to look foolish admitting that was the case. You still don't find Taste the scummiest at this point do you?

##unvote

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I actually got a short second wind from the last post. Considering I still have to brush my teeth I may make it to two am! Though I won't stay up later than 3 am. That's just unreasonable.

Birdstrike posted:

also I'm a stupid

Just how well are you reading the thread? You keep messing up on these small details. I never voted Hal, in fact I've just ignored his lurkness this whole time because it struck me as a waste of time.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I actually got a short second wind from the last post. Considering I still have to brush my teeth I may make it to two am! Though I won't stay up later than 3 am. That's just unreasonable.

Just how well are you reading the thread? You keep messing up on these small details. I never voted Hal, in fact I've just ignored his lurkness this whole time because it struck me as a waste of time.

I was referring to SSV.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I figured but I think him ending with a vote on me makes me for the focus of his point than SirSam.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I figured but I think him ending with a vote on me makes me for the focus of his point than SirSam.

Yeah I can see how you would think that.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ah yes clearly in that one post where I said you were scummy is tunneling.

Birdstrike is the scum guys

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

Yeah I can see how you would think that.

I'm glad you can read my typo sleepy sentences where I meant to say more instead of for. And point for post. :hfive:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Birdstrike posted:

also I'm a stupid

this isn't actually at all helpful

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You still don't find Taste the scummiest at this point do you?

no, it's birdstrike right now. his weird inconsistencies are tripping my scumdar, as well as the contradiction i don't believe he's ever addressed.

##vote birdstrike

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Captain Foo posted:

one of the issues is that you didn't really have any other content to speak of so when the only post you have is slippery like that, it's bad

What do you mean by slippery?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'll be back shortly before deadline, gotta head to rugby practice

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I am the Cheese! I am the best character on the show! I am better than both the Salami and the Bologna combined!

Captain Foo posted:

boy he nailed that one :mad:

*shrug* Honey badgers don't give a gently caress.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Everything he says is a contradiction, even to himself.

Birdstrike posted:

Meinberg's post has a lightness to it which I enjoyed. Looking back now though it is very white-noisy.

Birdstrike posted:

I would like this vote if it wasn't an omgus.

But now it's not bad?

Birdstrike posted:

Thanks for the explanation, do you know my pal Gaspy?

Moving on, I don't think SSV's vote is bad. I am a little bit suss on Hal's friendliness towards me this morning. It was very much appreciated, but I am wary of potential scum buddying up.

Makes a case on foo but then says Hal is sus out of nowhere?

Birdstrike posted:

My initial read was that "Foo's generating content in post, that's townie" and "Foo's giving me a hard time for being an idiot, that's townie."

But when you actually reread Foo's posts, most of them are questions about how other people feel without adding anything of use. Then he votes Taste with not a whole lot of justification - with that build up, it would have made more sense if Foo voted me instead of Taste.

I'm thinking there are better options than 100Yrs, eg still looking at Hal. ##unvote

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Turns out the only people I really don't know are you and birdstrike. But what's with the insecurity? I wasn't necessarily gunning for you but only suggesting the 3 players I found most suspicious at that moment.

Omg anon how the hell do you have the patience to only phonepost!

What do you mean by insecurity?

I felt like you were posting to post, forcing content for the sake of looking like you were contributing.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

also I'm a stupid

How do you know that you're misreading me? And why do I need professional help?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

idk. If we shot 100, bird, and Foo, we'd probably hit at least 1 scum, probably 2. I'd lynch any of them today. I might move my vote to bird, depending on the current tally.

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

I'm not putting bird in hammer range without the chance to claim. But unless people unvote in the next hour or two, he should probably do that because I've got half a vote on him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ljtrigirl posted:

What do you mean by insecurity?

I felt like you were posting to post, forcing content for the sake of looking like you were contributing.

Because in an early post I posted the 3 players I found most suspicious at the juncture and you assume I was gunning to have you executed. It struck me as strongly reactive.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
AnonNarc why do you hate me?

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Because in an early post I posted the 3 players I found most suspicious at the juncture and you assume I was gunning to have you executed. It struck me as strongly reactive.

I mean, you saying that you want to lynch me when several other people have said I might be scum is encouraging my mislynch.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

ljtrigirl posted:

I mean, you saying that you want to lynch me when several other people have said I might be scum is encouraging my mislynch.

I think we've got a difference of word relativity here. Me being suspicious of you doesn't necessarily mean I want to have you executed. I would've voted you in that case. It just means that for me up to that point you stood out among the other players. You'd be someone that I'd probably be harder on and have a harder time trusting overall.

But thanks as far as I'm concerned that matter's cleared up.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Birdstrike posted:

AnonNarc why do you hate me?

You are really inconsistent. Up to this point I've considered it just a stylistic choice.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

birdstrike I think these guys just don't "get" you

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Here's a post for you! ##vote SSV

As long as this was a joke OMGUS vote I think I'd say I'm comfortable with Hal for the moment. I don't agree with his vote on me obviously but I get how he came to that conclusion.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
We've reached a point where there is too much material for me to properly parse on my iPad. I'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow for me to go more in depth on anyone. I still feel that Bird is scum though, and his behavior continues to be inherently disruptive, contradictory, and deflecting. I can't provide any concrete examples because lol ios but when I get home, I'll try to put some facts to back up my strong words.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Meinberg posted:

We've reached a point where there is too much material for me to properly parse on my iPad. I'll have to wait until I get home tomorrow for me to go more in depth on anyone. I still feel that Bird is scum though, and his behavior continues to be inherently disruptive, contradictory, and deflecting. I can't provide any concrete examples because lol ios but when I get home, I'll try to put some facts to back up my strong words.

Well... iOS is pretty lovely for this sort of thing but you won't have until tomorrow. D1 ends a about 3 hours. The bolded bit is pretty accurate though. Any other thoughts on anyone else?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Well... iOS is pretty lovely for this sort of thing but you won't have until tomorrow. D1 ends a about 3 hours. The bolded bit is pretty accurate though. Any other thoughts on anyone else?

god DAMNIT meinberg

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lunchtime at the mountain. Phone posting so I can't really do quotes.

I really dislike how Birdstrike bounces between opinions. He thinks my vote on Hal is omgus, then he's okay with it, then he thinks its tunneling. First he dislikes Taste's opinion on Foo, then he likes it. He's a crappy weathervane, just turning wherever he thinks the wind is blowing.

##vote bird

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

He's a crappy weathervane,

that's loving harsh man

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Birdstrike posted:

that's loving harsh man

Mafia is a harsh world.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I get it, I get that I've been inconsistent and all over the place but you didn't have to come in after a page of people piling on me and call me that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've been re-reading the post histories and falling asleep and I think birdstrike is the most blatantly scummy.

Otherwise:
SirSam gives us a glorified lurker vote on Hal but that's not as bad.

Captainfoo tries too hard to defend a misguided prod vote on taste which is forgivable.

Anon has said nothing of note and only in her last posts does she go after birdstrike. I said it before but it gives me the (improbable) impression of being scripted.

These are the only scummy things I find of note from the other players. and the last one has absolutely no proof for it.

I'm going to hammer in about 15-20 minutes or so. And then sleep.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh man sorry about this Birdstrike! ##vote Birdstrike

All glory to Hal!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: :boom: Birdstrike :boom:

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Just a reminder that nights are open, so discussion can continue in the meanwhile. Personally, I want to see Bird's flip and consider its implications first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ljtrigirl
Aug 13, 2015

Holy gently caress. You guys didn't even give him the chance to claim.

• Locked thread