Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just read Conall again and I just don't see him as scum right now. I'd like to see him post more, but I didn't think his D1 case on CPig was forced or insincere. It was a bit weak but D1 cases are rarely very strong.

He definitely needs to come back and give some opinions but I don't see myself voting for him today except maybe to avoid a no lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
its a vile plot

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

TMM isn't even voting me lol

I am very much willing to vote you.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

I am very much willing to vote you.

based on..

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poison Mushroom posted:

##unvote

I'm actually cooling on TM and Kash. If either of them were scum, I don't think they'd be this stubbornly determined to keep bashing their heads against the wall like this.

Poison Mushroom posted:

Why is Conall on your absolute scum list if you've never voted or even really mentioned him(?) until now? I don't like that. Hell, upon looking, it seems like the only time you mentioned him outside of jokephase was to defend him from TM. How did such strong feelings come out of nowhere with no previous mention at all? That feels fake as gently caress.

Add that to that you just made a Lumpen list rather than post any opinions, and I'm starting to wonder if I was right the first time.

##vote Kashuno

PMush, how do you reconcile these opinions? Why did you change your mind that scum would keep bashing their heads against the wall? Does this mean you're suspicious of TMM again as well, since you cleared him for the same reasons.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

based on..

This is funny

FV, I'm guessing your question is going to get ignored. Plus I'm pretty sure it was just a posturing vote since PMush removed it basically right away.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

This is funny

FV, I'm guessing your question is going to get ignored. Plus I'm pretty sure it was just a posturing vote since PMush removed it basically right away.

Funny like how I managed to answer every question you asked and you deferred on mine?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Funny like how I managed to answer every question you asked and you deferred on mine?

No it's funny because my reasons for voting you haven't changed since D1 and they are all over the thread. I think your answers to my questions today have been insincere and phony.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

##vote Kashuno I like this I think

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

##vote Kashuno I like this I think

You like this because?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

No it's funny because my reasons for voting you haven't changed since D1 and they are all over the thread. I think your answers to my questions today have been insincere and phony.

Do you think all my answers are fake because you already decided I was scum before you even asked me the questions in the first place?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

TMMadman posted:

This is funny

In my opinion that makes it worse.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

In my opinion that makes it worse.

Worse for Kash or PMush or both?

Kashuno posted:

Do you think all my answers are fake because you already decided I was scum before you even asked me the questions in the first place?

No, the way you answered the questions is what made me more sure that you are scum. You are all over the map. Let's just look at the reason you think Conall is scum:

Kashuno posted:

hi pmush. My reasons for suspecting Conall for scum are that they have not posted very much, and his one vote of the game was to vote cpig on quid's case, which had been discussed prior. Also, their last post was that they would come back after the weekend and read things; it's now thursday and they haven't shown a single thing. Lurking seems a decent tactic for newbie scum

Basically you are voting them for being a lurker because your other reason is a mischaracterization. While Quid originally voted because of flavor reasons, Conall backed up his reasoning here:

Conall posted:

Demon Hunters aren't released yet.

Also the thing against Cpig wasn't that he claimed Horde. It was that he claimed several other people had also done that when nobody had. It's weird.

Anyway people defended him a bunch for him so I guess we won't get any info from his reaction now. Not unless someone puts pressure on him like this! ##vote CapitalistPig Why'd you lie, Cpig? Feel free to use any of the reasonable explanations other people have prepared for you in this very thread.

And goes in his very next post, he defends his case:

Conall posted:

I dunno. I like my vote right now. I don't think CPigs reaction adds up. I know I don't know how he usually plays or anything but still. His first posts read like someone who really doesn't want to get lynched. He's dismissive (and RUDE!!!) to me but takes a more negotiating tone with Quidnose and PMush. Maybe he figured a new player would back off easier than those two.

His last comment below just switches stance mid-post, and only comes a couple of minutes after the "you should know better."

I just get the feeling it's someone who really doesn't want to get lynched, gets self concious that he might be trying to defend himself too hard and suddenly decides to act like he doesn't care. Would someone who has played a lot get so demoralized by 3 votes that he just gives up like that? To me it seems like an overreaction suddenly followed by faked nonchalance.

Now while I don't believe it's a particularly good case, it doesn't seem like a particularly horrible D1 case either. Either way, it seems like a sincere case and not one being pushed for malicious reasons.

I certainly agree that Conall needs to post more and I'd like to see other reads from him, the fact is that you are basically casing him for lurking when there are several other lurkers but you rank them a lot lower. Do you really think that Conalls case against CPig was that bad? I also find it curious that you seem to think Conall is worse than Section 31 when Section 31 has posted basically nothing all game. At least Conall has made a case, Section 31 has no content and has only voted for himself and then did a lazy jump on vote towards the end of D1. And somehow that is less scummy than Conall.

I'd also like to ask why you have uranus as definitely town? He hasn't really produced a whole lot of content and most of his posting is jokey. So while I could believe you'd lean town for uranus because this is how he plays normally, I don't see how you get to definitely town for him.

Ultimately, I find your list to be arbitrary and your reasoning feels very different than how you normally play as town, so that is why I believe you are scum and why I will have no problem voting for you. However, I also think that PMush is scum with you right now and frankly, she has been way worse in my mind, so that is why my vote is on her right now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope I get lynched today just so you can throw out this clearly flawed meta read you have of me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I hope I get lynched today just so you can throw out this clearly flawed meta read you have of me

Says the guy who posted this during D1:

Kashuno posted:

Right now you come across to me as scummy. Meta, but I'm actually surprised you threw down a vote so early it's not like you in town play, nor is it like you to push a case on someone this surely this early

##vote TMM

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
:razz: so how about we get some other people in here?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm here. You two like to focus on each other a lot in games you play. How about both of you provide some opinions on others. Not trying to say you haven't -- just that you both seem to tunnel each other no matter what.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Worse for Kash or PMush or both?

Worse for PMush. She has flip flopped on her opinion on Kash all game. Throwing down a vote again today that she was so easily talked out of instead of any attempt at scum hunting, or answering any questions from yesterday or expressing an opinion on any other players in the game is just scummy.

##vote PMush

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Worse for PMush. She has flip flopped on her opinion on Kash all game. Throwing down a vote again today that she was so easily talked out of instead of any attempt at scum hunting, or answering any questions from yesterday or expressing an opinion on any other players in the game is just scummy.

##vote PMush

I can agree with this, and I think the interactions with pmush since I posted my list earlier have me leaning more scum on her. She's still definitely not my first pick for scum right now, but I'd vote it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I'm here. You two like to focus on each other a lot in games you play. How about both of you provide some opinions on others. Not trying to say you haven't -- just that you both seem to tunnel each other no matter what.

I'd like more people to talk so I have more people to interact with :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is actually part of the reason I am not currently voting Kash. I think he is scummy as hell this game, but since I always think he's scum and we always end up attacking each other, I'm trying not to let that bias me and so I'm holding my vote back from him for the moment. Also it's because PMush seems way more scummy to me.

I will agree with one thing on Kash's list; you are one of my stronger town reads right now and about the only actual strong town read. You've seemed to be pretty sincere and open with your opinions and have been probing others with questions. However, I know you are pretty good as scum, so I always have to be careful but that's a bridge to cross in the future. As I said in the post addressing Kash, I would probably give uranus a slight town lean here.

My biggest scum reads are PMush and Kash of course, but I'm outside of them I'm suspicious of MEDS because it seems like he tried to shut down questioning people. Tommunist is also someone I've gotten some pings from, especially for his posting earlier at the start of the day beginning here:

Tommunist posted:

I'm not going to be able to re-read the thread and assess who I think is scummy/defend my self competently for the next sixteen hours, but lynching me isn't going to do anything for the town.

At the point he posts that there are still over 2 days left before deadline, so it feels really weird. And then a few of his follow up posts feel just as strange. He's another person I question on Kash's list because Kash as him listed as slightly town, despite his only real mention of Tomm being this:

Kashuno posted:

Tomm's reasoning doesn't logically follow; he claims I am doing this as a "weird defense of SA," yet I was the first one to call SA out for acting scummy against Conall. Calling out someone for being weird or casing someone strangely isn't an automatic defense of another player, it's analysis of the player that I'm calling out. It's a forced argument that reads to me as if Tomm isn't following the game closely, and is jumping on a really bad train.

Like I said, I feel like Kash is really all over the place in this game and it's really pinging me hard. But, honestly, one of the reasons I'm not voting for Kash at the moment is because I think he might be right about SA as well, so I have to consider the possibility that Kash and PMush aren't scum together, which is why I'd rather dunk PMush because I feel much stronger about her being scum.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I just read Tomm's post as him saying "i'm not around for the next 16 hours".

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I just read Tomm's post as him saying "i'm not around for the next 16 hours".

The weird part to me is the last part. I just don't see any reason to add that whole lynching bit. It just doesn't sit right with me and feels self-conscious. I mean it's not like we were going to turbo anyone in those 16 hours unless there was some sort of claim and even then, I'm sure we'd give Tomm the time to get back since it was the beginning of the day.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Greetings again, I'll read everything more thoroughly although I still think that both PoisonMushroom and TMMadman are evil scum. For now.

##vote TMMadman

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
hi kash man how are you today

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Does this mean you think they are both scum? Would you vote for PMush instead?
It is very likely that one of them is scum, though it's possible that both are scum as Kashuno later explained:

Kashuno posted:

For what it's worth, I could see pmush and TMM scum together. Pmush feels like they're floundering right now especially with pmush coming out and saying "yeah they both look scummy right guys? Vote kash" to keep some sus on TMM in case he flips scum, but also pushing pressure off him onto me by making people choose a side in the argument. When I'm at a computer I'll try to build s better case

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
I could also see Rarity "coming to the rescue" as high stake scum strategy which succeeded in drawing votes to BottleKnight.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012
Kashuno, you don't look scummy, to me at least.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm so glad we're going to spend the entire game focused on trying to find scum two or three at a time.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Section 31 posted:

Greetings again, I'll read everything more thoroughly although I still think that both PoisonMushroom and TMMadman are evil scum. For now.

##vote TMMadman

Why? You've never explained why you think TMM was scum in the first place?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I think we should go ahead and continue the precedent of "Pivoting the lynch to someone else" and switch back to Tommunist.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm sorry I haven't been super involved in the game. I keep meaning to throw a bunch of time into it, but I've just started working nights (:toot:) and my living situation is a little chaotic (which has not been helping my sadbrains), so it's been hard for me to mentally and emotionally get invested in the usual cycle of "scum hunt, see something that bugs me, get suspicious, be totally off the loving mark, feel like an idiot, repeat until dead".

I'm gonna try to at least skim the thread while I sit here on my phone, but if someone has something they want to ask me my feelings about, I'll try to answer.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I do remember that someone was on my case for having and then letting go of a suspicion very quickly and my only response to that is "I was in an emotional and suspicious mood and the vote explanation made me kind of look at my thinking and I realized I'd rather unvote and look at something else rather than get back to hounding on the same person again who I still didn't actually really feel was scum".

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I mean, at this point yeah, TMM and Kash tunneling on each other is just kind of a Thing They Do and that sort of makes it a null tell, but they are still sniping at each other and I don't think either of them would risk such a high-visibility, high-risk strategy as scum.

Even as scum buddies, the risk of accidentally actually convincing people to vote each other would be too high, I think.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm mostly just vomiting up whatever thoughts I've got at this point. F_v is here and very active and puts some pressure on a lot of things and a lot of people, and I like that. Kash, TM, if you're both town, that is what you're trying to do actually looks like.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'd like to know why Quid is so uninterested this game. This is kind of pot calling the kettle a meta case, but I'm used to him being a more vocal, confrontational player. I've admittedly only been skimming the thread, so maybe I'm an idiot, but I normally remember Quid being the very active sort of player.

Uranus is basically situation normal, and I never have any loving idea how to deal with reading "shitpost maximum" players.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Also I only just remembered that both uranus and imgay are in this game. If we could get Mr. Capps to replace in, it'd be a party.

Oh hi Rarity, I totally forgot you were in this game. You seem pretty uninvolved too, are you alright?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I will pay someone all the money in the world if they can somehow restore my Mafia Newbie status, because I feel like I somehow missed some basic fundamentals and I'm now several years later and have built all my scum hunting "skills" on a fundamentally broken base.

That or I just shouldn't expect to be a very good town player (my scum game is decent, which is fun), accept that I am Literally Autistic, and just deal with it.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm gonna stop spamming the thread now, but my offer of "bug me about my feelings about people or things" is still open.

Though if it's about an event, a page number would be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

For starters, you can stop trying to solve the loving game by trying to guess scum like you're making a parlay wager.

Identify one scum. Then and only then, can you identify others. Grabbing all of them in one go doesn't win you some sort of trophy, it just opens you up to being blindsided.

• Locked thread