Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Revenant Threshold posted:

Plus she got a very split crowd (because who doesn't love Sasha?) to get solidly behind Bayley. The sort of mind that says "I'm being cheered, but that's not what I want right now, I should do something about that." is one that should go far.

But won't because boobies.

Wait this thread is bad opinions from the internet. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Total Divas has been a net drag on the Divas division- it gets ratings and attention, but I think that's led to them booking the Divas on RAW/SD like they're on a bad reality show, i.e. Everyone is just catty and horrible to each other for no particular reason. (This is in addition to the times they try to directly tie-in or reference events on the show, even though everything then is explicitly shown as happening months ago.)

It's not like the writing for the male wrestlers is especially good right now, but you can at least discern the basic elements of storytelling most of the time- it's just clouded over by bad execution.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
It certainly doesn't help that their idea of revolution was throwing everyone into groups so they all have less time to show individual personality in a 9-person segment.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Total Divas has been a net drag on the Divas division- it gets ratings and attention, but I think that's led to them booking the Divas on RAW/SD like they're on a bad reality show, i.e. Everyone is just catty and horrible to each other for no particular reason. (This is in addition to the times they try to directly tie-in or reference events on the show, even though everything then is explicitly shown as happening months ago.)

That was just as much the case before Total Divas as it was after it though. They literally don't know how to write for female characters outside of this narrow model.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Does WWE have any female writers?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

oldpainless posted:

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

oldpainless posted:

Does WWE have any good female writers?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oldpainless posted:

Does WWE have any good writers?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley!!!

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I believe so, but their ideas are still filtered through a crazy old man who feels that pitting people against one an other so they bitterly snipe at other people's ideas is good for creativity.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oldpainless posted:

Lita recently.

Before that I think there hasn't been one since Jennifer Bloodsworth. Who was well liked and respected. She worked with WWE from 2007 – 2011. She comes from a comedic/improv background. She wrote the early seasons of NXT the ones with all the challenges.

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
From the wonderful world of wrestlingforum.com

quote:

ever heard of " Ultras " ? if you don't , go google it , it's a group of hardcore fans who follow their teams wherever it goes to support it , if they feel that a certain guy in the management is lazy or doing a bad job , they boycott or hijack the matches , every week until the unwanted member is gone , now what's the relation between this and wrestling , well since Cena is pretty unwanted for like a decade now , the WWE know that most fans dislike him and they don't do anything because they know that fans will always be paying the tickets and watching , i have an idea in order to get rid of Cena and change that but I don't know if the Americans fans can pull it off , well here it is : Cena haters in every city can meet and they can form a group , the group can have his own shirt ( Cena sucks ) , they can boycott the shows or at least literally turn their backs on Cena when he is working

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

#boycottRawButAlsoIJustHeardAboutSoccerFans

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Where's the gif of the fan angrily turning his back on HHH getting a pin when you need it?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
WWE doesn't care what direction you're facing if you already bought the seat. :downs:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I dig the idea of forming a group of dudes who wear cena sucks shirts and then not going to the shows and... presumably just chilling at each others houses or something in their matching shirts

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Aesop Poprock posted:

I dig the idea of forming a group of dudes who wear cena sucks shirts and then not going to the shows and... presumably just chilling at each others houses or something in their matching shirts

Aggressively not watching raw and posting images of a television with just the wwe logo exposed and the rest of the screen taped off to a tumblr.

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

goc posted:

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Gonzo McFee posted:

I believe so, but their ideas are still filtered through a crazy old man who feels that pitting people against one an other so they bitterly snipe at other people's ideas is good for creativity.

Hey, let's be fair. WWE is all about equality. They also filter their ideas through a imbecile who doesn't have an iota of wrestling booking talent and is also female.

Also the last time I went to an ROH show the crowd was full of people chanting about John Cena. A big reason why that was my last show, incidentally.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Cena's interactions with Those Kinds of Fans are always amazing.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grendels Dad posted:

Cena's interactions with Those Kinds of Fans are always amazing.

Yeah but then I can't help but imagine him going home to his cavernous immaculate home afterwards and just staring at himself emotionlessly in the mirror until day breaks

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah but then I can't help but imagine him going home to his cavernous immaculate home afterwards and just staring at himself emotionlessly in the mirror until day breaks

We already know that he sometimes takes off his clothes and photographs himself in the mirror, so there is that.

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

goc posted:

I posted on that forum like 15 years ago. I refuse to believe it's been going in the same form for that long. I can't believe I haven't moved on from talking about wrestling on the Internet.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Grendels Dad posted:

We already know that he sometimes takes off his clothes and photographs himself in the mirror, so there is that.

Tbf if I had John Cena's body so would I

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nut Bunnies posted:

Hey, let's be fair. WWE is all about equality. They also filter their ideas through a imbecile who doesn't have an iota of wrestling booking talent and is also female.

Also the last time I went to an ROH show the crowd was full of people chanting about John Cena. A big reason why that was my last show, incidentally.

Stephanie hasn't been involved in creative in over a year.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe she should be, considering it's been about a year since I liked seeing her on TV.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Time to play 'How Long Can You Last'! Maybe the UK goons can let us know what this turd is saying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydsxKzi5XxA

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

Time to play 'How Long Can You Last'! Maybe the UK goons can let us know what this turd is saying.

I made it to the part where he claimed destination America was seen in more homes than Spike. Or something.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

Oh God, it's the UK Boonhauer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

MassRafTer posted:

Stephanie hasn't been involved in creative in over a year.

No, but I'm sure if she went up to someone and said, "Nah, I want you to do this instead", they wouldn't be allowed to refuse.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

They could just cut her off by sticking their hand in her face.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

oldpainless posted:

They could just cut her off by sticking their hand in her face.

One of the writers tried that once.

He's left handed now.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

One of the writers tried that once.

He's dead now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Davros1 posted:

No, but I'm sure if she went up to someone and said, "Nah, I want you to do this instead", they wouldn't be allowed to refuse.

Sure, but she was barely involved in creative before he title was changed last year. Ever since she had her kids she has been less and less involved in the product while HHH has taken more and more control. So blaming Stephanie for anything current is silly.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

RIP Patrice you were too good for this world

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

First of all, in what universe is Nick Gage a 'casual darling'?
Second of all, what?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

I made it to the part where he claimed destination America was seen in more homes than Spike. Or something.

I watched the entire thing and the guy says literally nothing. Including nothing about what four networks supposedly want TNA.

He says "TNA has a never say die attitude and therefore won't die" about 15 times, "no press is bad press", and "If TNA gets a deal with all four networks their viewership could eclipse RAW".

Does this guy understand anything about anything?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

First of all, in what universe is Nick Gage a 'casual darling'?
Second of all, what?

I guess Nick Gage was only loved by hardcore fans until he robbed a bank, and then casual fans started loving him? Because of the bank robbing? I'm sure it makes sense if you're an idiot

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Meanwhile, from Tumblr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

TinTower posted:

Meanwhile, from Tumblr.

Men who talk about how skilled they are at eating women out almost always have no idea how to do a god drat thing with a vagina.