Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

ljtrigirl posted:

Holy gently caress. You guys didn't even give him the chance to claim.

No need to listen to his lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Win or lose everything I do from here on out is for Birdstrike

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You all attack Birdstrike and shoot him with lasers! What you smell though... is ham.

:s: Birdstrike, Leenda Grand, Crewmember (town-aligned vanilla), executed day 1. :s:

12 hours for night actions.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##eat baconstrike

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

That was fake don't kill me Ecccccccoooooooooooo

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:s: ljtrigirl, Mishelle Fig, Member of the Crew (town-aligned vanilla), was laser blasted night 1. :s:

It is now Day 2
:h: 7 alive, 5 to execute
:d: Day 2 deadline: oh let's say Saturday, ~11PM EDT. That's in about two days from this post. Yes it's a weekend; plurality hooray.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (7): 100YrsofAttitude, AnonymousNarcotics, Captain Foo, Hal Incandenza, Meinberg, SirSamVimes, Tremendous Taste

:h: With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to be executed.
:d: There is currently no deadline set.

===========
Southern trees bear a strange fruit, / Blood on the leaves and blood at the root, / Black bodies swinging in the Southern breeze, / Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.

Pastoral scene of the gallant south / the bulging eyes and the twisted mouth / scent of magnolia / sweet and fresh
then the sudden smell of burning flesh

Here is a fruit / for the crows to pluck / for the rain to gather / for the wind to suck / for the sun to rot / for the tree to drop

Here is a strange / and bitter crop

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

birdstrike I think these guys just don't "get" you

Hal's hammer is strange especially after this comment. He never seemed fully invested in his birdstrike vote. Plus it was ultimately unnecessary as I was going to hammer sooner or later had nothing new come up. Somehow though I feel that exonerates him just a bit.

SSV's vote is plausible. He had been suspicious of birdstrike since early on and it's opportunism is understood in regards to the deadline. Things are similar with Anon and Foo.

Then there's Meinberg:

Meinberg posted:

Just a reminder that nights are open, so discussion can continue in the meanwhile. Personally, I want to see Bird's flip and consider its implications first.

This is weird considering Meinberg explicitly said he wouldn't really do much while on his tablet.

Meinberg posted:

My gut says Bird, but I might be internally tunneling on him too much. I probably should take a look at other folks. Hal is being a bit too lurkery, if he doesn't put out more on D2, he's someone I'll want to consider.

Foo is at the top of my "look at this guy" list, but right now I feel like he's fading into the background despite making a lot of posts, which is probably a bad thing!!

From early on. Right after Meinberg goes fairly quiet. Note he actually doesn't unvote.

His actual confirmation of his vote comes up after Anon's case and everyone else's various forms of agreement of birdstrike's behavior. It's a lazy and scummy vote.

##vote Meinberg

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i didn't find meinberg's post about gut saying bird etc to be all that out of line, I could have seen an unvote making sense there but i don't feel like holding the vote was intrinsically bad

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i do think it's odd that meinberg seemed to be pro-night-posting after bird's flip but then never did

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

not a strong tell for me though because i rarely have played in games with open nights, and i don't really like night-posting even in an open-night situation

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Otherwise:
SirSam gives us a glorified lurker vote on Hal but that's not as bad.

ssv was voting birdstrike at the time you posted this, though? or were you just referring to his earlier contentedness to rest a vote on Hal, who was lurking?

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

EccoRaven posted:

:d: Day 2 deadline: oh let's say Saturday, ~11PM EDT. That's in about two days from this post. Yes it's a weekend; plurality hooray.

i won't be around much at all between early evening today and deadline, i will phone post if i can

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
A) I didn't talk much last night because the flip happened when I wasn't really awake enough to react to it.

B) I'm heading onto the road shortly, and will be back on my PC later today.

C) If we're in a two scum setup, we're currently on the last day, so I'd recommend unvoting 100years before scum can hammer me.

D) I was roleblocked somehow last night, and my gut says that either it is a scum action or ecco messing with me. If I'm still in the game when I get home, I'll full claim.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

if there are two scum we have another day so R-E-L-A-X

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

if there are two scum we have another day so R-E-L-A-X

I don't know why I keep thinking this is a 7-person game, but I do.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal, why did you hammer early? I could speculate but that seems wifomy and less productive than just asking

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

Hal, why did you hammer early? I could speculate but that seems wifomy and less productive than just asking

Someone said they were about to hammer and I wanted to sneak in and grab all the credit in case birdstrike flipped scum.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Hal Incandenza posted:

Someone said they were about to hammer and I wanted to sneak in and grab all the credit in case birdstrike flipped scum.

noted, thank you

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

hm. looks like LJ was suspicious of 100yoa (where her vote was), bird (who has flipped town), me, and meinberg. of the two other living candidates, i feel a lot better about 100yoa than i do about meinberg right now, though i am definitely curious to see what meinberg has to say about all this

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Meinberg posted:

A) I didn't talk much last night because the flip happened when I wasn't really awake enough to react to it.

B) I'm heading onto the road shortly, and will be back on my PC later today.

C) If we're in a two scum setup, we're currently on the last day, so I'd recommend unvoting 100years before scum can hammer me.

D) I was roleblocked somehow last night, and my gut says that either it is a scum action or ecco messing with me. If I'm still in the game when I get home, I'll full claim.

Ok. Only full claim if you feel it's necessary, which I don't think it is. But I can withhold my vote for now if you prefer. ##unvote

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

i didn't find meinberg's post about gut saying bird etc to be all that out of line, I could have seen an unvote making sense there but i don't feel like holding the vote was intrinsically bad

My thought was that as scum he puts down a joke vote, keeps quiet, and then while his team mates work to move their votes there, he just as to justify it. For me the laziness and the lack of effort was what made it stand out.

Captain Foo posted:

ssv was voting birdstrike at the time you posted this, though? or were you just referring to his earlier contentedness to rest a vote on Hal, who was lurking?

He was voting birdstrike. For me it was the latter. At that point I was weighing what actions seemed scummiest when compared to one another.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Were you confirmed role blocked, meinberg, or is that an assumption?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

Were you confirmed role blocked, meinberg, or is that an assumption?

My action failed, that it was a role block is an assumption, but there's also room for a variety of mod fuckery as well, or other role interactions.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Also, just got home, need to do some unpacking and take care of some stuff around the house. I'll be able to answer concerns more specifically now though.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dammit meinberg you keep coming in here and saying that you'll provide content later

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I was about to say he did start providing content but then I reread his posts and they were pretty much excuses and (incorrect) setup chat.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm voting Meinberg for his what I deem was a bad vote on bird, or at least the worst one there, plus continuous no-showing. At least our other no-show, Taste, doesn't promise content and disappear.

I also don't trust SSV or Anon the latter for mainly meta reasons and the former because he's just sort of there. Hal called it earlier content-lurking. I don't feel it's that simple but I feel SSV is being overly cautious.

##vote Meinberg

I'll probably go to bed in the next 40 minutes or so if anyone wants to discuss any of my opinions.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm voting Meinberg for his what I deem was a bad vote on bird, or at least the worst one there, plus continuous no-showing. At least our other no-show, Taste, doesn't promise content and disappear.

I also don't trust SSV or Anon the latter for mainly meta reasons and the former because he's just sort of there. Hal called it earlier content-lurking. I don't feel it's that simple but I feel SSV is being overly cautious.

##vote Meinberg

I'll probably go to bed in the next 40 minutes or so if anyone wants to discuss any of my opinions.

there's a lot of freakin' lurking going on in this game :(

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Captain Foo posted:

there's a lot of freakin' lurking going on in this game :(

I know and it's kinda upsetting. I'm trying to be super candid and explain things best I can but it's very hard to make cases with so little evidence.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

We only have 3 legit posts where Anon goes after birdstrike. They're not bad in themselves but there's so little. Were there more I feel like a case could be made of her either trying to build up to a birdstrike vote or instead you'd have posts that would bury that angle.

Hal's a good lurker, if such a thing exists. His one vote against me was credible and made sense. And while his hammer was abrupt he was right in that the hammer would've come sooner than later, at worst plurality would've condemned birdstrike. I don't know if a claim of vanilla would've persuaded me. Rather momentum on one of my other suspects would've made me vote them instead and I'd of fought for a different condemnation. But it's unlikely any of that would've occurred.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not lurking. If I posted my thoughts give a time I'd be up with the top of the list :p

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The thing is by being one of the two more active players, you Foo being the other, I also feel that we make the best targets since there's more material to build misleading cases on and thus can easily be set up. I was surprised LJ was the kill target since she seemed to have pinged several players at different moments. Yet I do think her death conveniently leads the way to those that were suspect of her.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm not lurking. If I posted my thoughts give a time I'd be up with the top of the list :p

Are your thoughts the same as before given the situation?

Those being I'm scummy for "buddying" up to you as is Foo for his vote on you?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Yea, mainly. I read one of you as town in your exchange but I can't figure which of you it is. I think I'd rather ##vote foo as is now

I'd hope scum aren't just empty posting.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'd like to think scum are actively pursuing their win condition by being present and all but it so often benefits them to not do just that.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hi guys sorry I wasn't around today. Let me catch up on the thread and I'll let you know my thoughts.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tremendous Taste posted:

Why aren't you posting your thoughts, though? Posting your thoughts is the only way to get the game moving and create material to work with

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hi guys sorry I wasn't around today. Let me catch up on the thread and I'll let you know my thoughts.

Don't freakin Berg this up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We only have 3 legit posts where Anon goes after birdstrike. They're not bad in themselves but there's so little. Were there more I feel like a case could be made of her either trying to build up to a birdstrike vote or instead you'd have posts that would bury that angle.

Hal's a good lurker, if such a thing exists. His one vote against me was credible and made sense. And while his hammer was abrupt he was right in that the hammer would've come sooner than later, at worst plurality would've condemned birdstrike. I don't know if a claim of vanilla would've persuaded me. Rather momentum on one of my other suspects would've made me vote them instead and I'd of fought for a different condemnation. But it's unlikely any of that would've occurred.

What do you think of Hal's reasoning for hammering?

• Locked thread