Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

axelsoar posted:

I think a neat compromise for a food system would be that all food restores your hunger bar just fine, but to maintain good health you need to maintain a diverse diet, and not just 5 different kinds of meat, but actually try to mix fruits and veggies in. Having good nutrition gives you slight bonuses like movement speed and haste that are low level but last as long as you are healthy.

You could even have junk food to jack up your hunger quickly, and be quick to eat and with a short buff to haste, but have it tank your nutrition score if you eat too much.

That first part is what TerraFirmaCraft does. Five food groups, and your nutrition level in each one affects your max health. You start off eating seaweed and raw oat grains, but soon enough you're making balanced salads and sandwiches and trying to tune the ingredients to your randomly assigned taste preferences.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

VegasShirtGuy posted:

I liked the old TFC food system better. The recipes were randomized, but some of them would give potion effects. So it gave a reason to experiment with different recipes until you found some you liked. Finding food that gave water breathing or night vision or whatever was nice. It wasn't that intrusive; you could just live on peppers forever if you wanted. The current food system is just not fun in any way. It's a pain in the rear end to manage the food because it doesn't stack so you have to manually combine it. Then the whole decay thing. The nutrition system gimps your health and makes it impossible to go out into the world, because it's entirely overrun by OP skeletons under trees that can 2-shot you. Oh and you have to drink water, which requires carrying jugs of it around which randomly break when you drink from them.

The only thing TFC ever did right was mining, metalworking and the chisel. I'm one of those crazy people that enjoys being underground digging for ore, and then makes a storeroom with ingots stacked to the ceiling.

that's why you made sandwiches and carried them around in a clay pot

this way four of them stack in one inventory slot and they get the 50% off decay time

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Nolanar posted:

That first part is what TerraFirmaCraft does. Five food groups, and your nutrition level in each one affects your max health. You start off eating seaweed and raw oat grains, but soon enough you're making balanced salads and sandwiches and trying to tune the ingredients to your randomly assigned taste preferences.

Sounds interesting, but I was thinking something that really only gave you benefits if you followed it and just kept you at normal if you didn't, I think the best kind of food system is one that is ultimately ignore-able if you don't want to bother but fun and re-warding if you want to put in the effort.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

VegasShirtGuy posted:

I liked the old TFC food system better. The recipes were randomized, but some of them would give potion effects. So it gave a reason to experiment with different recipes until you found some you liked. Finding food that gave water breathing or night vision or whatever was nice. It wasn't that intrusive; you could just live on peppers forever if you wanted. The current food system is just not fun in any way. It's a pain in the rear end to manage the food because it doesn't stack so you have to manually combine it. Then the whole decay thing. The nutrition system gimps your health and makes it impossible to go out into the world, because it's entirely overrun by OP skeletons under trees that can 2-shot you. Oh and you have to drink water, which requires carrying jugs of it around which randomly break when you drink from them.

The only thing TFC ever did right was mining, metalworking and the chisel. I'm one of those crazy people that enjoys being underground digging for ore, and then makes a storeroom with ingots stacked to the ceiling.

I like TFC for stuff beyond metalworking. The general change of the game to being a true survival experience is great. But having the regular old minecraft skeletons and creepers running around is weird and jarring. They really need to be replaced with more thematic mobs like the bears.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Nolanar posted:

I like TFC for stuff beyond metalworking. The general change of the game to being a true survival experience is great. But having the regular old minecraft skeletons and creepers running around is weird and jarring. They really need to be replaced with more thematic mobs like the bears.

Yeah that's my biggest issue with TFC. After the first night you can't go out in the morning to get water or whatever because you have armored skeletons everywhere.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

It's also okay to play TFC in peaceful mode. :ssh:

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah, breeding seeds sucks, but there's a way to do it "automatically"

the way crop breeding works is that any time a crop propagates to a cross-bar stick, it is guaranteed to at least be as good as its parent plant and frequently it's better

so you can just set up a long line of soil with a bunch of sticks on it and not touch it for hours

agricraft normally has "weeds" that can grow on unattended crop sticks, but this is disabled in Regrowth

so you can just use a line of crop sticks and automatically raise plants up to 10/10/10 without any input on your part other than occasionally clearing out a full row to give them more space

If you only have a 1/1/1 seed and nothing else, going to 10/10/10 like this is the only way indeed.

But if you're crossbreeding, you can do it a lot more quickly:

Say A & B together make C, and you have 10/10/10 of both A and B. Any cross of A and B together will make a 5/5/5 C. So you can at least start at 5/5/5, instead of 1/1/1.

But (and this took me way too long to realize) you can then also crossbreed, say, A and C, and the resulting C will again make a big jump, let's say to a 7/8/8 or whatever. Keep doing that and you'll get to 10/10/10 within 3 or 4 steps.

(Obviously if A and C would be capable of crossbreeding to yet another seed, that would hamper your efforts somewhat. But the occasional crossbred C would still make those jumps in level.)

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
The crossbreed snake is amazing. I'm setting that up ASAP. I also didn't even know the drawer controller existed; I think I might cheat one in, those sound great.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Oct 16, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

uXs posted:

If you only have a 1/1/1 seed and nothing else, going to 10/10/10 like this is the only way indeed.

But if you're crossbreeding, you can do it a lot more quickly:

Say A & B together make C, and you have 10/10/10 of both A and B. Any cross of A and B together will make a 5/5/5 C. So you can at least start at 5/5/5, instead of 1/1/1.

But (and this took me way too long to realize) you can then also crossbreed, say, A and C, and the resulting C will again make a big jump, let's say to a 7/8/8 or whatever. Keep doing that and you'll get to 10/10/10 within 3 or 4 steps.

(Obviously if A and C would be capable of crossbreeding to yet another seed, that would hamper your efforts somewhat. But the occasional crossbred C would still make those jumps in level.)

I tried doing A and C, and I ended up with a C that had 2/2/1. (C was 1/1/1.)

Also, Regrowth's gimmick is that most of the seeds you actually WANT at 10/10/10 (the ore/gem seeds) aren't made via crossbreeding, they're made with Botania's Runic Altar.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

The crossbreed snake is amazing. I'm setting that up ASAP.

I also didn't even know the drawer controller existed; I think I might cheat one in.

Yeah, Storage Drawers is amazing. If AE didn't exist, it would be the #1 storage mod for basically everyone. That being said, you can slap a single storage bus onto a drawer controller or slave, and the entire bank of drawers is exposed to AE. Works with corporea sparks too, and piping items in also does what you'd think.

Compacting drawers are also awesome, especially combined with AE.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
BTW, am I going to want a 1x3 rich farm plot for every plant once I get it to 10/10/10 or can I ignore most of them once I create a single one for the quests? Do I want to 10x10x10 every single seed? I don't know what most are used for yet. I put a cobble fence down and am gradually moving stuff outside and I'm trying to plan out my growing area. I only have nature and essence seeds right now, and I've got maybe 6 or 7 other types created from the food crops and am gradually crossbreeding to create them as per the quests.

Also, what's the treefarm automation in this pack? Somehow all my dayblooms and nightwhatevers vanished and so I've only got 4 endos eating charcoal for my entire mana production.

The only drawers I've used are the 4x4 ones, and I really like them.

Any easy way to get more dirt without exploring underground tunnels and shoveling it by hand?

Can I ignore fish breeding? It looks really really annoying. I plan to ignore bees because gently caress bees

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Oct 16, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

BTW, am I going to want a 1x3 rich farm plot for every plant once I get it to 10/10/10 or can I ignore most of them once I create a single one for the quests? Do I want to 10x10x10 every single seed? I don't know what most are used for yet. I put a cobble fence down and am gradually moving stuff outside and I'm trying to plan out my growing area. I only have nature and essence seeds right now, and I've got maybe 6 or 7 other types created from the food crops and am gradually crossbreeding to create them as per the quests.

Also, what's the treefarm automation in this pack? Somehow all my dayblooms and nightwhatevers vanished and so I've only got 4 endos eating charcoal for my entire mana production.

The only drawers I've used are the 4x4 ones, and I really like them.

Any easy way to get more dirt without exploring underground tunnels and shoveling it by hand?

Can I ignore fish breeding? It looks really really annoying. I plan to ignore bees because gently caress bees

There are essences of fire/water/air/earth that are very nice to have, and let you make things like clay and sand.

I have 3x3 plots of all the metals I have, redstone, essence plants, coal, and wheat. I have 2x2s of the elemental essences. All of those are 10/10/10 and I used the snakes to get them while I did other stuff.

Skeleton soul seeds come pretty early, especially if you chose them as a quest reward, and are a great thing to 10/10/10 as well to grow bone meal.

Botania passive flower decay is on, so passive flowers like dayblooms and nightshadethingers die after a while. Endoflames are fine, especially once you get coal seeds.

I imagine there are quest lines for both fish and bee breeding, but I haven't really got there yet.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Yeah they're in one of the lower tabs, they're surely unlocked for you as they've already unlocked for me. I'm going to ignore that page unless someone tells me they are gating something, and then I'll just cheat them in because I've done enough bees for two lifetimes, even with genindustry it's soul crushing, and fish look like underwater bees to me.

So is there any early automation at all for harvesting or chopping threes or do I need to wait until magic unlocks?

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 16, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

Yeah they're in one of the lower tabs, they're surely unlocked for you as they've already unlocked for me. I'm going to ignore that page unless someone tells me they are gating something, and then I'll just cheat them in because I've done enough bees for two lifetimes, even with genindustry it's soul crushing, and fish look like underwater bees to me.

So is there any early automation at all for harvesting or chopping threes or do I need to wait until magic unlocks?

forestry is included so if you fancy harkening back to 2012 I think you can do that

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Glory of Arioch posted:

I tried doing A and C, and I ended up with a C that had 2/2/1. (C was 1/1/1.)

Dunno what to tell you, it works for me on the Spergville server, which is running Agrarian Skies 2.

A was 10/10/10, right?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I'll just do it by hand for now, then.

I need to start figuring out how to get metal; all the mid-level botania things require manasteel. I've jumped ahead in the pack though, I haven't "hit" the botania questline yet beyond making the altar. Need to find more clay, and wow is running through the overland obnoxious with the 0.1% drop rate from dead plants.

Regrowth is really cool, I like the aesthetic and the quests are well put together but come on man tone down the grind a little

I wish mod authors would get people to play these games solo and do actual time benchmarks of where they'd like to see people in the pack after an hour, two, four, eight, I think they'd be surprised at how slow going a lot of things are and adjust accordingly. It took me more than two hours to claw my way up from a hole in the ground and another two to stop dying enough to fence off around two chunks, if I was sane I'd have quit long before that. Unlike normal mobs, those extra mobs aggro you from any distance so they just run at you from all sides.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Oct 16, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Bhodi posted:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I think I'll just do it by hand for now, then.

I need to start figuring out how to get metal; all the mid-level botania things require manasteel. I've jumped ahead in the pack though, I haven't "hit" the botania questline yet beyond making the altar. Need to find more clay, and wow is running through the overland obnoxious with the 0.1% drop rate from dead plants.

Regrowth is really cool, I like the aesthetic and the quests are well put together but come on man tone down the grind a little

I wish mod authors would get people to play these games solo and do actual time benchmarks of where they'd like to see people in the pack after an hour, two, four, eight, I think they'd be surprised at how slow going a lot of things are and adjust accordingly. It took me more than two hours to claw my way up from a hole in the ground and another two to stop dying enough to fence off around two chunks, if I was sane I'd have quit long before that. Unlike normal mobs, those extra mobs aggro you from any distance so they just run at you from all sides.

a quest reward should give you a clayconia, which lets you transform sand into clay (including the red sand plentiful at the ocean)

then later on you can make clay from earth and water essence

and yeah you'll eventually get quests that let you make metal seeds

uXs posted:

Dunno what to tell you, it works for me on the Spergville server, which is running Agrarian Skies 2.

A was 10/10/10, right?

yeah

maybe it just works differently on regrowth :jerry:

not a big deal, snakes work for me

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Agricraft was changed (or maybe just the default option was), but when I played Regrowth crossbred seeds would inherit traits, so once I got a 10/10/10 wheat seed pretty much all my seeds from there on out were super easy to max out. I could just cross non-mutatable wheat with whatever my new seeds were and they'd max out and I could go back to not caring about the dumb stats.

VegasGoat
Nov 9, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

Heh, good idea, can't believe I never thought of that. If I ever get the urge to play again I'm definitely doing that.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
There's a few different settings agricraft can have. It might be set that seeds can only inherit bonuses from crossbreeding with its parent crops, or it might be set that seeds can inherit bonuses from crossbreeding with any crop. If it's the any crop, then you can trivialize it by just having a line of 5 10/10/10 sugarcanes, planted on sand, and then have a line of normal farmland cropsticks be next to it. Sugarcane can't spread to cropsticks on dirt, so you'll be guaranteed that only the crop you want to advance will spread to them, crossbreeding with the 10/10/10 sugarcanes the whole way.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

code:
    # Farming difficulty:
    # 1 = Crops can inherit stats from any crop
    # 2 = Crops only inherit stats from parent and identical crops.
    # 3 = Same as 2, but any other nearby crop will affect stats negatively. [range: 1 ~ 3, default: 3]
    I:"Farming difficulty"=2
:rip:

Ayana
Jun 29, 2010

Hee-Ho!

Glory of Arioch posted:

But then you don't get hungry. :(

I may be one of those insane people that actually likes having to eat stuff every so often.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Blind Duke posted:

Unstackable materials suck balls to craft with and milk/water make me want to go vegan in food mods. Some system for getting stacks of milk/water sources for crafting food, or a dummy item in the crafting station that automatically drains from a nearby container for crafting would help immensely.

HarvestCraft's fresh water and fresh milk items are my favorite way of dealing with this. Just craft your bucket for four units of the "fresh" ingredient that stacked normally. I always just made a liquicrafter for each version and filled a barrel just so I didn't have to gently caress with it.

quote="Serifina" post="451515888"]
My only request for a new food mod is please don't go too far overboard with how many new crops you add. HarvestCraft adds like 8 billion things and some of them are utterly worthless or we have 500 different versions of the same exact food. When you add a new crop or other new foodstuff, please just ask yourself if you can add a meaningful number of new, final food items with it, and not just one more variety of this food other items already make.
[/quote]

Dunno if you ever saw it, but Pam was actually taking donations/commissions for HarvestCraft. If you paid X amount you could ask for a new food with the current ingredients, or for more you could commission a whole new plant for the mod. That's the main reason it got so bloated. Still doesn't excuse the bloat, though.

Blind Duke posted:

I want a banquet table that makes miyazaki films blush in that food mod

Apples, Milk, 'n Tea is super super pretty and a friend of mine has been making dining rooms like this.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ayana posted:

But then you don't get hungry. :(

I may be one of those insane people that actually likes having to eat stuff every so often.

you are thinking of creative mode

peaceful uses standard survival rules, there are just no monsters

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Glory of Arioch posted:

Yeah, Storage Drawers is amazing. If AE didn't exist, it would be the #1 storage mod for basically everyone. That being said, you can slap a single storage bus onto a drawer controller or slave, and the entire bank of drawers is exposed to AE. Works with corporea sparks too, and piping items in also does what you'd think.

Compacting drawers are also awesome, especially combined with AE.

This is very very true. I never found a good way to use compacting drawers as an AE overflow, but if you route items there first and then allow AE to read that inventory and use it for autocrafting, it becomes invaluable. I always wind up using it for basic blocks like dirt/sand/gravel, items with block variants like lapis/redstone/slime/gems, and all processed ores. It is doubly useful for the ores since you can request nuggets and blocks on the fly without burning a recipe slot.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Are there any mods floating around that spawn interesting structures in the overworld/nether/end? There used to be some good ones, but they seem to have slowly stopped being supported.

I don't mean the ones that have tons of spawners in them, those are boring slogs. Just interesting things to explore in is what I'd hope for.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

you are thinking of creative mode

peaceful uses standard survival rules, there are just no monsters

Your hunger bar doesn't deplete in peaceful mode: "The Food Bar never depletes and players cannot eat anything except golden apples, unless the player has switched to Peaceful when their Food Bar was below the maximum. If it is below the maximum, it quickly regenerates."

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Bhodi posted:

If it means anything, I am pretty sure with a friend and I, we could nail Baby's First Space Race moon landing in 2 hours if we busted our asses. I'm actually kind of disturbed by the people that claimed to do it all in 8 hours. I'm assuming they're just expert players that use quest packs to give them a goal. I know my goal is for people to understand what they're doing, but that is just ... too successful.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

tfc doesn't use the vanilla hunger rules

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Glory of Arioch posted:

tfc doesn't use the vanilla hunger rules

Ah, wasn't aware of that.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Glory of Arioch posted:

yeah, breeding seeds sucks, but there's a way to do it "automatically"

Refuge, not Regrowth. You have to get every loving alloy by crossbreeding ore seeds, and it's a massive pain in the rear end. You're right about using long rows to max out stats though, it works much better than what I did in Regrowth (clearing out the field every now and then, and running all the seeds through an analyzer, then replanting the good ones).

Bhodi posted:

I automated dirt early and harvesting late, so I went with 5x5 for most things. That way you can wander out into the garden and pick up a stack of essence all at once. I went for 10/10/10 essence seeds (because you need a ton of essence), and occasionally cleared out the fields I used often and replanted only the good seeds, so most of those got to level 5 or 6 pretty quickly.

Bhodi posted:

I just planted fir trees and used a lumber axe on them. Four saplings gets you a tree, which gives about a stack of saplings and three stacks of logs. Half a dozen of those gets you near unlimited wood with minimal effort. Later on, thaumcraft.

Bhodi posted:

Compost bin. I used a vanilla cactus farm to feed it, which was good enough to get going. Later on there are botania items which can spawn dirt from mana. You can also grow pumpkins and compost the seeds, that gives a pretty good amount of dirt.

Bhodi posted:

I did. gently caress fish, and gently caress bees.

Bhodi posted:

I need to start figuring out how to get metal; all the mid-level botania things require manasteel. I've jumped ahead in the pack though, I haven't "hit" the botania questline yet beyond making the altar.
Regrowth is mainly a botania and witchery modpack, you should get into botania as soon as you can.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

If it means anything, I am pretty sure with a friend and I, we could nail Baby's First Space Race moon landing in 2 hours if we busted our asses. I'm actually kind of disturbed by the people that claimed to do it all in 8 hours. I'm assuming they're just expert players that use quest packs to give them a goal. I know my goal is for people to understand what they're doing, but that is just ... too successful.
I think I did baby's in about 8 hours, I don't know of a way to check in-game time though. I definitely did not do every quest, though! I completely ignored quarries, for example. Whenever you gave 2-3 choices to do something I pretty much picked the best one and moved on.

I totally believe two people who know what they are doing could get to the moon in 2 hours. I'd be a lot faster on the second runthrough for sure.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
For Refuge, are you using the watering can? It makes crossbreeding crops pretty dang easy, I did most of the crops in the game without much trouble.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yes, thank you, I know how to breed crops. I just resent being forced to stand there and hold down the right mouse button, then put down two new seeds and start again, because it's really really loving boring and I play games to have fun. It makes me think that whoever designed the mod has no idea how to make a fun quest, which makes me not want to play his mod.

Mind you, I hate the final fantasy games too, so maybe I have a lower tolerance for repetitive gameplay and time sinks as a mechanism for gating the content the player actually wants to get to than most people.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
I have like no tolerance at all for things I find tedious, but I enjoy agricraft breeding :shrug:

To each their own! My girlfriend loves Pam's Harvestcraft and toodling around with a million kinds of crops, and our old roommate loved playing with all the recipes in Pam's, to the point that when we ran around on a server together, she was the dedicated farmer for our base and he was our dedicated chef and between them they kept us stocked on high value food all the time.

Brovine
Dec 24, 2011

Mooooo?
Some time back, I found Pam's recipes as a good motivation to do something complicated with automation and AE. I ended up building a burger-factory/restaurant that served like twelve different types of meals on demand.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Magres posted:

I have like no tolerance at all for things I find tedious, but I enjoy agricraft breeding :shrug:

To each their own! My girlfriend loves Pam's Harvestcraft and toodling around with a million kinds of crops, and our old roommate loved playing with all the recipes in Pam's, to the point that when we ran around on a server together, she was the dedicated farmer for our base and he was our dedicated chef and between them they kept us stocked on high value food all the time.

Well, I like agricraft breeding too, but if there's nothing else to do you can't even let it idle.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the big thing is that people are just hoping this upcoming food mod won't be retreading harvestcraft because why do that when you can just edit harvestcraft

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah I'd much rather see it be either like the Witchery potion system where you can make simple, easy potions with a thing or two, or you can make 20 ingredient hellbrews that will either ruin someone's life or make you a demigod.

Let me make a ghost pepper-habenero-mouthdeath pie and throw it at someone and have it actually light them on fire. For a long period of time. (alternately mix in some ingredient that gives fire resistance so they can be lit on fire and immune to it for extended periods of time and cosplay the human torch :v:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011

Magres posted:

Yeah I'd much rather see it be either like the Witchery potion system where you can make simple, easy potions with a thing or two, or you can make 20 ingredient hellbrews that will either ruin someone's life or make you a demigod.

Let me make a ghost pepper-habenero-mouthdeath pie and throw it at someone and have it actually light them on fire. For a long period of time. (alternately mix in some ingredient that gives fire resistance so they can be lit on fire and immune to it for extended periods of time and cosplay the human torch :v:)

That's beginning to sound increasingly like Space Station 13 cooking and bartending, where it's a coinflip if eating the chef's mystery dish or the bartender's mystery drink will set you on fire, make you turn int a pile of gibs, turn you into a cyborg, get you high as a kite, make ants crawl out of every orifice, explode into a cloud of bees, or all of the above.