Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
yeah this isn't him as town at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'd still rather lynch PMush first because she is actively posting but not actually giving any real reads or thoughts. Seriously, go read that bunch of posts she made earlier and there is only like one read in them. She also continues to excuse herself from the game. The bottom line is the she is not scumhunting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
neither are any of the lurkers

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

neither are any of the lurkers

Yeah but as much as I'd like to lynch a lurker, doing so is a pure crap shoot. Dunking PMush would give us a much better shot at finding scum if she does somehow turn up town.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm more confident SA is scum :shrug: I'd vote pmush tho

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Now everybody play mafia dammit.

##vote FV

OK, look, I'm the king of asking questions and I get the frustration with people not playing, myself included, but this isn't solid casework.

I strongly believe that, as town, when you ask questions, they need to be grounded in content review and building a case. I ask a LOT of questions, but they always come out from me looking at the OVERALL trajectory of someone's content and saying "this doesn't make sense to me, why are you feeling this way?" You do this here, but you're cherry picking; you're just finding things that you think can work well for poking the bear and generating content and that's...odd. I guess it could be a frustrated town member who really wants to get people playing but to me, it would make more sense for you to go through and read what has happened on D1 or D2, look at the votes, look at what people said and did, and get some questions from that, not just look for "bad posts" and asking people what the gently caress about them.

I think that speaks to a scum mindset and I think as a result your content generation is pretty fake.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

This game is really dragging because there are 6 people who have posted less then the mod. SA has posted ~10-15 times since his D1 spree. Conall hasn't posted at all for over a week. I only know Rarity and CPig are in the game because they are still in votefinder.

I still think PMush is scum and she's my first vote. But at this point I'd vote anyone aside from FV and possibly Kash because if he is scum I'd rather let active scum win than lurking town. gently caress lazy townies.

I am actually continually flabbergasted that people aren't bringing me up constantly as a lurker. It makes no sense, UNLESS I was scum, because then the scum team could actively ignore the fact that I am lurking to pick up on other people.

But, problem is:

1. I'm not scum
2. If I WAS scum, that would be bad scum play.

So the only thing I can think of here is a scum team saying "let's call out a bunch of lurkers except for quid, who has a good reputation as a good player, so that people are suspicious of him eventually and then see that he's been ignored by a bunch of people a lot, so we have a backup miscuddle with the lurkers."

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Yeah but as much as I'd like to lynch a lurker, doing so is a pure crap shoot. Dunking PMush would give us a much better shot at finding scum if she does somehow turn up town.

What? Why? This makes no sense.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

I am actually continually flabbergasted that people aren't bringing me up constantly as a lurker. It makes no sense, UNLESS I was scum, because then the scum team could actively ignore the fact that I am lurking to pick up on other people.

Kashuno posted:

Lean Scum
  • Quid

:colbert:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

##vote FV

OK, look, I'm the king of asking questions and I get the frustration with people not playing, myself included, but this isn't solid casework.

I strongly believe that, as town, when you ask questions, they need to be grounded in content review and building a case. I ask a LOT of questions, but they always come out from me looking at the OVERALL trajectory of someone's content and saying "this doesn't make sense to me, why are you feeling this way?" You do this here, but you're cherry picking; you're just finding things that you think can work well for poking the bear and generating content and that's...odd. I guess it could be a frustrated town member who really wants to get people playing but to me, it would make more sense for you to go through and read what has happened on D1 or D2, look at the votes, look at what people said and did, and get some questions from that, not just look for "bad posts" and asking people what the gently caress about them.

I think that speaks to a scum mindset and I think as a result your content generation is pretty fake.

I like this post, and it further explains the complete lack of reads from f_v

fiery_valkyrie posted:

PMush is scum and I would vote for anyone else outside of yourself or TMM because everyone is lurking and has no content.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Someone Awful! posted:

well i mean, Rarity did a case here, so there's that

Not sure I like this reaction from SA regarding derp's callout of a "bad miscuddle." It can be read both ways: "Well Rarity was the one who lead the charge so BLAME HER" or "Well, I mean, we all agreed with Rarity, so we're all responsible." But he doesn't actually make a call about it. Odd.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tommunist posted:

I'm not going to be able to re-read the thread and assess who I think is scummy/defend my self competently for the next sixteen hours, but lynching me isn't going to do anything for the town.

A single vote on the start of the day, two people with pressure. What the heck is this? Is Tommunist super new? I feel like he said he was super new and nervous.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

He strikes me as super new and I kind of feel bad about it. Call it Mafia-dadding, but I really hate beating up on new people and I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

On the other hand, he's scum. Really scum. So scum that it hurts. I'd be happy to let it slide a bit, except that he's not defending himself and also he's scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I have to go back to teaching children music now but I will continue this reread later today.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

What? Why? This makes no sense.

If we dunked Conall and he turned up town, then we don't get much from the lynch because it's an easy lurker lynch. If he turns up scum then we can't make any connections to other scum because he hasn't posted for a week.

If we dunk PMush and she turns up town then there is plenty of info to use against me or FV or even Kash to determine if we're scum. If she is scum, as I suspect, then we look at who has been defending her or who she has been avoiding.

She hasn't really provided a ton of content, but I believe she has provided enough to make connections regardless of her flip.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

These are all fine and dandy points that I would strongly consider if Tommunist wasn't scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think SA is scum and prefer he dies.

Also lynch all lurkers

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Tommunist is a lurker.

He is also scum.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
idk

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
wirld of worcruft

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tommunist has been replaced by The Ninth Layer.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hello. Can someone sum up the last 20 pages in ten words or less?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidnose posted:

##vote FV

In case you hadn't noticed this game is dragging because no one is posting anything outside of a handful of players. I'm frustrated by it because I want to play mafia. I've been asking questions and making cases, as have Kash and TMM, and this game is still going nowhere.

I have been looking at content from D1/D2, asking relevant questions and making cases. Now I am, as you put it, poking the bear. However, I did not look for "bad" posts and ask people what the gently caress. I just found one post from each player and asked a question in the hope of getting any content going from anyone.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hello. Can someone sum up the last 20 pages in ten words or less?

Everyone is lurking.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I see my one true Mafia nemesis is in this game. ##vote The Betrayer while I trundle through a thread in which I'm on page 5 and the game hasn't started.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

First ten pages, most suspicious person IMO is Poison Mushroom for advancing a narrative that involves 2 scum voting each other and fighting on Day 1. That's something that almost never happens in a Mafia game.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Hey, there's the Quid we all know and love!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Rarity posted:

Fine, I'll just do BK. This is the sum total of his contributions so far:

- Claims town/horde to defend Cpig, I'm not reading much into this cause I did the same thing
- 'Me too' vote on SA
- " I think he is scum because he is spinning his wheels on other people instead of just spinning his own wheels." - I have no idea what BK is saying here. Can you clarify please?
- Aggressive push on Tommunist, not a fan, BK vows to follow up
- BK does follow up and votes! Fair play.
- Switches vote onto TM with reasoning built on assumed alignment. DO NOT LIKE.
- Claims that "[TM's] interactions have been weird and I think you've been pretty slimy", this is not backed up by his earlier posts.

I'm not liking this at all. Would be happy to vote for BK.

If this is the case that got BK lynched it's pretty bad and I'm going to be looking very critically at the people who voted on it without much analysis. This is a post summary case and half of these bullet points are hedged.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Oh good, Ninth is here.

He replaced scum, which means he is scum.

##vote The Ninth Layer

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Alright, I'll accept this for now.

Personally, I think PMush is scum. She spent most of D1 saying that Kash and I are scum together because our argument seemed too perfectly staged. Then with 6 hours left to deadline, she unvotes Kash saying she isn't feeling it anymore because she doesn't think two scum would butt heads so long but completely ignores the fact that one of us could still be scum. Her unvote also essentially (and conveniently) makes Kash an unviable target. When asked for other reads she says she stopped looking because she was convinced Kash and I were scum together. To me, it reads like she is either working with Kash or she knows our alignments already.

So I'm going to start there today.

##vote PMush

I like this case and this is my read of the first day.

##unvote ##vote PMush

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm caught up. Happy with my Poison Mushroom vote, my impression up until that Kash vote was that Poison Mushroom was starting to play like a spectator. Then she voted Kash and immediately unvoted after one post, it was the most token effort ever and the kind of thing I have done as scum a lot when I make a case that I don't feel like committing on.

Rarity's case on BK was bad, you know a case isn't very good when you could effectively remove four lines from it. The rest of her play isn't great either, she voted Tommunist citing his four games as evidence for him being newbie scum rather than just a newbie.

I don't think SA is a bad lynch, his posts have fallen off since the early portion of the game, strikes me as scum that wanted to make an impression early but couldn't sustain it.

Those are my major suspicions, I don't like Kashuno on gut but not to the point where I would vote him over anyone I've named.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't think anyone ever likes me on gut TNL :v:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah sorry derp

##vote Pmush

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I have been looking at content from D1/D2, asking relevant questions and making cases. Now I am, as you put it, poking the bear. However, I did not look for "bad" posts and ask people what the gently caress. I just found one post from each player and asked a question in the hope of getting any content going from anyone.

But why would you do this? If you were already looking at content from D1/D2 and asking questions and making cases, why would you randomly pick out a bunch of stupid poo poo just to poke the bear? Why not...case? I don't understand, even with frustration. It's a really weird choice to have made, and I can't wrap my head around it.

Because I don't understand why as town you wouldn't just be like "hey, assholes, this is annoying, post!" and then go find some content related cases to make.
But I also don't understand as scum why you would put yourself out there faking content that much.

Hurm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Magnus was pushing for a PMush lynch towards the end of yesterday and I do think she has been pretty scummy, but I'm also wondering if he was killed to drive the vote towards her.

Kashuno posted:

NK speculation is usually bad.

TMMadman posted:

Gee thanks dad. Got any thoughts on PMush?

I think TMM looks bad in this micro exchange, dismissing a completely valid point from Kash and then distracting away from the comment. Keeping my eye on this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

So you have no thoughts at all about someone who spent most of D1 voting you for reasons that amounted to gut and a staged fight then came in 6 hours before the deadline to unvote with the easy 'not feeling it anymore' excuse and said she stopped looking for scum, then whiplashed her opinion about section 31 in about a minute but didn't vote it and then disappeared without voting at all?

I also really don't like this as a followup. TMM clearly feels this way which is cool, but why spoonfeed this crap to Kashuno rather than just saying "why don't you have a read on PMush? I don't get it, because I feel like you should. Explain it to me." Instead he like, dumps this anger-opinion on Kashuno for reasons I don't understand. What does this accomplish?

What were you trying to accomplish with this, TMM?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Alright, I'll accept this for now.

Personally, I think PMush is scum. She spent most of D1 saying that Kash and I are scum together because our argument seemed too perfectly staged. Then with 6 hours left to deadline, she unvotes Kash saying she isn't feeling it anymore because she doesn't think two scum would butt heads so long but completely ignores the fact that one of us could still be scum. Her unvote also essentially (and conveniently) makes Kash an unviable target. When asked for other reads she says she stopped looking because she was convinced Kash and I were scum together. To me, it reads like she is either working with Kash or she knows our alignments already.

So I'm going to start there today.

##vote PMush

And with this, it kinda feels like TMM is maybe using Kashuno's weirdness as a reason to ramp up a fake vote on PMush. I haven't really read D1 yet so maybe this is actually what happened but this seems like a whole lot of convoluted words I don't really want to read about why he's voting PMush and that to me makes it feel pretty generically fake. Not liking TMM today.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

actually, that's a really blatant misrepresentation and probably explains why TMM didn't just quote that post because it explicity states "either"

That's sketchy. ##vote TMM

This is what I was thinking on face value, putting this here with Kashuno suspicion I know is coming so I can reference who started it.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I think TMM looks bad in this micro exchange, dismissing a completely valid point from Kash and then distracting away from the comment. Keeping my eye on this.

This is a really frivolous criticism. The conversation TMM "distracted from" wasn't worth having.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Holy hedging Batman!

Yeah, I really am not liking the way TMM is engaging with Kashuno on this. He seems incredibly angry that Kashuno's opinion isn't locked in with the narrative that he has created, and that he's not just bending over and going "yeah I guess you are right maybe I did do that I need to rethink" in regards to that narrative.

It's weird and feels off.

• Locked thread