Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

You know what, I'm not totally opposed to this idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger

Benne posted:

There's certainly been worse

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Baron Corbin: secret incest love child of Undertaker and Kane is the most Vince McMahon angle ever.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Put Undertaker into a manager role like Flair/Styles and have him coach the poo poo out of Corbin into becoming The New American Badass Baron Corbin.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Great White Hope posted:

Baron Corbin: secret incest love child of Undertaker and Kane is the most Vince McMahon angle ever.

No, that would be the secret love child of Kane and Katie Vick. :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Lady Naga posted:

Put Undertaker into a manager role like Flair/Styles and have him coach the poo poo out of Corbin into becoming The New American Badass Baron Corbin.

Nathan Jones 1.5

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Kane has fire, Taker has zombie death lightning, you know what let's make Lone Wolf Baron Corbin an actual werewolf.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

he has Hail :haw:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Teddybear posted:

Men who talk about how skilled they are at eating women out almost always have no idea how to do a god drat thing with a vagina.

I'm super good at doing vagina things. Appoint me expert vagina guy on these forums.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

we can tell from your av

you have the skills, good man

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

I both love and hate you.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

sticklefifer posted:

Kane has fire, Taker has zombie death lightning, you know what let's make Lone Wolf Baron Corbin an actual werewolf.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
First Mark Henry got Brodus Clay's idea, now Corbin gets Justin Gabriel's. What a business.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

Lady Naga posted:

Taker actually was brought to the performance center to work with Corbin at some point. There are certain things Corbin now does that are very much Taker things. That said, Corbin is still sloppy. And can't figure out where the other guys legs are to hook for a pin.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Corbin still sucks but he actually has a pretty good big boot these days, which I can totally buy as a Taker-coached thing.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Benne posted:

Corbin still sucks but he actually has a pretty good big boot these days, which I can totally buy as a Taker-coached thing.

or the ghost of Test

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Corbin's looked a shitload better lately. Shocking how letting a dude work longer matches as opposed to squashes can do that.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

i think it helps that corbin is working with smaller guys who can really sell instead of big useless tubs like bull dempsey and rhyno. The tag team element certainly helps because he can do his thing and then get out of the way, but I'd really like to see what he could do in a real match against someone like Neville or Chad Gable after he gets some more experience

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

oatgan posted:

i think it helps that corbin is working with smaller guys who can really sell instead of big useless tubs like bull dempsey and rhyno. The tag team element certainly helps because he can do his thing and then get out of the way, but I'd really like to see what he could do in a real match against someone like Neville or Chad Gable after he gets some more experience

Agreed, though I did like his match with Rhyno and think he's been a positive on Corbin's work. His timing just seems alot better since they hooked up. Rhyno's not Steamboat or anything but I bet he could help alot with general power guy ringwork via virtue of being around forever and always working well within his limitations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, and Rhyno's not a bad veteran to learn from with a similar style. Baron seems really teachable, but probably was put on TV too early. Another 6-8 months of house shows and I doubt people would have as much of a problem with him at his current level, though the infinite squashes didn't help.

Speaking of his TV debut, here's an interesting old NXT from 2013 to check out that I just stumbled on. It's got a pre-repackaged jobber Baron Corbin in his debut against Sandow, an early match from a pre-repackaged Bayley vs Paige, and some of the current main roster talent in the other events like the Wyatt Family, Neville, and Bo Dallas.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzpxqi_wwe-nxt-5-8-13-full-show-hq_sport

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

oatgan posted:

He had a decent match against Neville back at the start of the year (it was his first loss in NXT since being repackaged) but they'd probably put on a much better show given another chance

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators

sticklefifer posted:

Yeah, and Rhyno's not a bad veteran to learn from with a similar style. Baron seems really teachable, but probably was put on TV too early. Another 6-8 months of house shows and I doubt people would have as much of a problem with him at his current level, though the infinite squashes didn't help.

Speaking of his TV debut, here's an interesting old NXT from 2013 to check out that I just stumbled on. It's got a pre-repackaged jobber Baron Corbin in his debut against Sandow, an early match from a pre-repackaged Bayley vs Paige, and some of the current main roster talent in the other events like the Wyatt Family, Neville, and Bo Dallas.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xzpxqi_wwe-nxt-5-8-13-full-show-hq_sport

I miss the old Coheed and Cambria theme.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Tumblr has some opinions on things.

On a 12 time world champ

quote:

Randy Orton came from main eventing WM to being in a Kickoff show. He’s better than half of the men being pushed, and yet you treat him like poo poo.

On a 50 year old man that really should be retired and a bear in a man suit

quote:

I want Brock and Taker to fight on top of the cell. Imagine the sheer brutality! Kinda like when Taker threw Mankind off the cell.

On ???

quote:

I hope when Cena returns, he is wearing denim.

On success

quote:

I feel like with all the TNA stars coming to NXT, there’s some NXT stars I feel could be better off in TNA, mainly Baron Corbin and Tyler Breeze.

On GOATs and keeping the dream alive in 20 loving 15

quote:

I think Zack Ryder is the most underrated Superstar in WWE; he has the ability to be big, and I think WWE are disrespectful to him in matches. It might be that WWE don’t really like his character, but he is one of the best in ring performers of this generation and he needs more credit for his ability to wrestle!

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
On suicide by sex:

goc
Mar 26, 2013

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Legitimately laughing out loud at the idea that Zach Ryder is "one of the best in ring performers of this generation"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

goc posted:

Legitimately laughing out loud at the idea that Zach Ryder is "one of the best in ring performers of this generation"

He was until they took away his half pants. Bring back half pants.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ShootaBoy posted:

Tumblr has some opinions on things.

On a 12 time world champ

On a 50 year old man that really should be retired and a bear in a man suit

On ???

On success

On GOATs and keeping the dream alive in 20 loving 15

They're right about Randy though

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

#CenaInJNCO2K15

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

oatgan posted:

They're right about Randy though

Randy Orton is one of the most boring wrestlers to ever live.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You've clearly never watched a Mike Rotunda match.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Like if Randy is your standard for "most boring wrestler to ever live" I think you'd probably go catatonic at watching wrestling that didn't have workrate as good as modern WWE has.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Alain Post posted:

Like if Randy is your standard for "most boring wrestler to ever live" I think you'd probably go catatonic at watching wrestling that didn't have workrate as good as modern WWE has.

I thought the hyperbole was pretty obvious there, but let's try again:

I find Randy Orton incredibly boring to watch, and him being on the pre-show is right where I think he should be so I don't have to bother fast forwarding through his slow, boring matches every PPV.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I have no problem with Orton when he's not doing 1000 headlocks a minute. The problem is that's what he does 99% of the time.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Randy isn't boring when he's happy to be there

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

He's also not boring when something fucks up, especially involving the announce table and monitors

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Randy is very good at performing in the ring. It's when you put a mic in his hands that his limitations become obvious.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

even if you dont like watching randy as a performer he is still fascinating as a case study for the wwe not knowing what the gently caress to do with a talented, homegrown star with a great look and who the crowd cares about. you could give them the rock at his peak right now and they'd ruin him in a month lmao

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Alain Post posted:

You've clearly never watched a Mike Rotunda match.

No-good stinking tax cheat account spotted.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

epitasis posted:

even if you dont like watching randy as a performer he is still fascinating as a case study for the wwe not knowing what the gently caress to do with a talented, homegrown star with a great look and who the crowd cares about. you could give them the rock at his peak right now and they'd ruin him in a month lmao

they would've kept pushing rocky maivia in spite of the fans and buried austin when he started getting positive reactions from the crowd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

epitasis posted:

Hmm...looks like he has his eyes on Hollywood more than the WWE. And his social media presence? Are you kidding me kid. Maybe a few months feuding with Adam Rose and Stardust will get this guy's head on straight