Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'll flip town. :)

Man, I'm not trying to convince you that you're scum, that's a fake idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

You read my entire case in the minute it took me to respond to TMM? You are an amazing reader.

I mean, someone had to sum up that long post because you sure as hell weren't going to.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Quidnose's case can be summed up as "TMM didn't vote who I think he should have" which is a very weak case for all the quotes he needed to rely on to make it.

Prove that this is true. Footnote my loving quotes. I am about ready to thunderdome the poo poo out of you.

Your posting thus far is 100% YAMS, and I'm tired of it. I'm sorry you replaced in as a 3p because I know that makes it hard to care about anything but play the game, man.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I think in our race to show off who has the biggest Mafia ego penis, we're ignoring that I investigated Tommunist ne้ Ninth Layer as scum.

I want to reemphasize that point.

I'll trust it. ##vote TNL

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I mean, someone had to sum up that long post because you sure as hell weren't going to.

See above.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Man, I'm not trying to convince you that you're scum, that's a fake idea.

I realize that. I'm trying to convince you that I'll flip town.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm not third-party either. Town town town. I will say that my role is so ridiculously powerful that I've never gotten a role on its level before, to the point where I must wonder what scum got to compensate.

3p uncuddleable, reiterating this.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Quidnose voting me after pushing TMM for two pages is pretty ironic, considering he called TMM out for pushing Kashuno without voting him.

Or I went with the soft-claimed cop result with the added boon of you being totally insufferable to play with thus far since you are adding a total of zero content or alignment calls. It's like you've never played mafia before.

If there is a dayvig someone should shot TNL.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, it could be just as likely that MEDS is fake claiming the investigation in order to try drawing out a real cop. So it's not something I'm just willing to take a face value.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

Prove that this is true. Footnote my loving quotes. I am about ready to thunderdome the poo poo out of you.

Your posting thus far is 100% YAMS, and I'm tired of it. I'm sorry you replaced in as a 3p because I know that makes it hard to care about anything but play the game, man.

You mad bro? To be honest I didn't even read you case really, I figured you didn't want anyone to read it the way you formatted it with a million "and then he said this!!" quotes.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Calling me 3p is a cop-out for having nothing to call me scum on.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Why would she move to that conclusion though?

Why wouldn't she look at it and go "townie slap fight" in the way that she said she did?

quote:

Why couldn't I be scum and continue to attack Kash because if he gets voted out D1, it'd be easy as hell for me to turn around on D2 and say "Welp, I was wrong, but wrong doesn't equal scum."

Why wouldn't you, as scum, also realize that tunneling is a bad idea especially if the person is tunneling back and find a way to drop it? Since you didn't do that, why would it be unreasonable for her to say "that's a town attitude?"

quote:

It's especially puzzling because I think I was the aggressor during most of it against Kash on D1, so if I'm town and think Kash is scum, then why wouldn't I continue to attack him?

That's what she said you did. She also said that since Kash was doing it too, IT LOOKED LIKE YOU WERE BOTH TOWNIES DOING THE SAME THING. Jesus.

quote:

PMush does not seem like she is coming from an honest place and it feels like she already knows our alignments.

Nah.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

Calling me 3p is a cop-out for having nothing to call me scum on.

Funny that when you've contributed zero content thus far!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

lmao you have a very interesting definition of zero content. I replaced in this afternoon and already have more content than half the thread.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

You mad bro? To be honest I didn't even read you case really, I figured you didn't want anyone to read it the way you formatted it with a million "and then he said this!!" quotes.

So what you're saying is, when you summarized my case, and then double downed on the summary of my case, you hadn't, in fact, read my case, and were lying about doing so, and then misrepresenting yourself to make me look bad?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

lmao you have a very interesting definition of zero content. I replaced in this afternoon and already have more content than half the thread.

I am sorry, TNL, god's gift to mafia, that I have made you upset.

Someone shoot TNL now please, thanks.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Seriously, how can you say he has produced no content? He's spent several hours today arguing with you and that is content for the rest of us to sort through and use to determine alignments.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I think you're doing enough to make yourself look bad. Can you sum up your case in one paragraph?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I am sorry, TNL, god's gift to mafia, that I have made you upset.

Someone shoot TNL now please, thanks.

Hahaha I'm laughing at you dude. If anything I should thank you for being so amusing.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

Hahaha I'm laughing at you dude. If anything I should thank you for being so amusing.

I want to thank both of you for making this game so much more interesting today. :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Seriously, how can you say he has produced no content? He's spent several hours today arguing with you and that is content for the rest of us to sort through and use to determine alignments.

His arguments are not based on content.

They are completely based on him nit picking every. loving. post I have made in order to create a narrative of me being disingenuous, without making a hard call about me being scum.

Reread it and see!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

They are completely based on him nit picking every. loving. post I have made in order to create a narrative of me being disingenuous, without making a hard call about me being scum.

Reread it and see!

Your points themselves are nitpicky.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

That is not what I am saying at all and I really don't see why you are getting that from what I am saying. I'm gonna break it down again in case I'm not being clear:

1. TMM speculated about NKs.
2. Kashuno said "hey, NK disucssion is probably a bad idea," the implication there with that comment being that he thought TMM was trying to create a distraction. Why else would he have brought it up, just to tell him how to play Mafia better? I don't think most of us do that as a point of order, I think we make comments to gauge reactions.
3. AND SUBSEQUENTLY, TMM's response was a big old eye roll. Why wouldn't he just go "oh yeah I guess that is a distraction" and then move on? Or if he disagreed, why wouldn't he have said "well I think there's value in it but we can do something else" or "agree to disagree" or anything that wasn't A COMPLETELY DISMISSIVE RESPONSE?

Oh yeah, I'm the one nitpicking here :rolleye:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Thank you for taking the mantle of having to spend pages arguing

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm caught up. Happy with my Poison Mushroom vote, my impression up until that Kash vote was that Poison Mushroom was starting to play like a spectator. Then she voted Kash and immediately unvoted after one post, it was the most token effort ever and the kind of thing I have done as scum a lot when I make a case that I don't feel like committing on.

None of this is true, there was, like, a day in between the Kash vote and her unvoting, and she discussed it with people. Ignores the specifics of PMush's contributions completely to create a narrative he wants.

quote:

Rarity's case on BK was bad, you know a case isn't very good when you could effectively remove four lines from it. The rest of her play isn't great either, she voted Tommunist citing his four games as evidence for him being newbie scum rather than just a newbie.

An entire opinion based on one case that is easy to jump on because a. someone already called it out and b. it resulted in a miscuddle. A judgement call about what she did that cannot be verified and isn't really content based. CURIOUS~

quote:

I don't think SA is a bad lynch, his posts have fallen off since the early portion of the game, strikes me as scum that wanted to make an impression early but couldn't sustain it.

Easy to name a lurker-ish person as someone he is suspicious of.

These reads are crap.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Thank you for taking the mantle of having to spend pages arguing

It's what I do. :dukedog:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I honestly am just kinda ready to put TNL on ignore and be done with this.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

There were two posts between Poison Mushroom voting Kash and then unvoting. I just looked at the time stamps and it was 14 minutes, not one day. I didn't read the rest of your post because it's probably full of similar factual inaccuracies.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Reread it and see!

Well, see the problem is that I know my alignment, so I know that your attacks on me are wrong and I have to question if you are coming at me from a sincere place.

TNL on the other hand, has been quite clear and dead on right with his reading of my posts and the intentions behind them, so regardless of the soft-claim scum result from MEDS, I am not likely to vote for him today. I have no idea what kind of roles are out there, so it's possible he's been framed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

TMM, if you're not scum, then I really want you to look at what TNL has contributed after his "initial hard and awesome reads" which I just analyzed through the lens of whether or not he's actually discussing content or just trying to rile me up while dropping no opinions himself. If you are town, I think you are getting caught up in the fact that he is defending you and letting it affect your judgement.

I think it is much more likely that you are scum and just enjoying the fact that someone who is not on your scumteam (3p TNL) is defending you and distracting the entire thread.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

The Ninth Layer posted:

It's what I do. :dukedog:

I like to do it too. :hfive:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

There were two posts between Poison Mushroom voting Kash and then unvoting. I just looked at the time stamps and it was 14 minutes, not one day. I didn't read the rest of your post because it's probably full of similar factual inaccuracies.

I thought you were referring to her initial vote on D1 and subsequent unvote, since you framed it immediately after your vote on her for this reasoning from TMM:

TMMadman posted:

Alright, I'll accept this for now.

Personally, I think PMush is scum. She spent most of D1 saying that Kash and I are scum together because our argument seemed too perfectly staged. Then with 6 hours left to deadline, she unvotes Kash saying she isn't feeling it anymore because she doesn't think two scum would butt heads so long but completely ignores the fact that one of us could still be scum. Her unvote also essentially (and conveniently) makes Kash an unviable target. When asked for other reads she says she stopped looking because she was convinced Kash and I were scum together. To me, it reads like she is either working with Kash or she knows our alignments already.

So I'm going to start there today.

##vote PMush

...which explicitly states that he is suspicious of PMush for his actions on D1. He makes no mention of PMush's vote today. Had it even happened yet?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I thought you were referring to her initial vote on D1 and subsequent unvote, since you framed it immediately after your vote on her for this reasoning from TMM:

...which explicitly states that he is suspicious of PMush for his actions on D1. He makes no mention of PMush's vote today. Had it even happened yet?

I was referring to the vote that took me literally one minute to look up, link and quote.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

See and the reason I thought you were talking about her play on D1 is because you said this immediately afterwards:

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm caught up. Happy with my Poison Mushroom vote, my impression up until that Kash vote was that Poison Mushroom was starting to play like a spectator. Then she voted Kash and immediately unvoted after one post, it was the most token effort ever and the kind of thing I have done as scum a lot when I make a case that I don't feel like committing on.

And that seems to be referencing her case on D1 which she dropped, not an initial case that she immediately changed her mind on. Nowhere in here do you say you are talking about her D2 vote. I think you're backpedaling right now, poorly.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Ninth Layer posted:

I was referring to the vote that took me literally one minute to look up, link and quote.

Cool? This has nothing to do with anything, other than to dismiss my points yet again without:

-addressing them
-refuting them based in content
-refuting them based on what I am doing as being disingenuous

You are basically just posting "nah" the whole time to everything I am saying. It's yams. Yams yams yams yams yams. This is not content based play.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Haha I'm obviously not backpedaling, I knew exactly what I was talking about and proved it with a link.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Well, see the problem is that I know my alignment, so I know that your attacks on me are wrong and I have to question if you are coming at me from a sincere place.

TNL on the other hand, has been quite clear and dead on right with his reading of my posts and the intentions behind them, so regardless of the soft-claim scum result from MEDS, I am not likely to vote for him today. I have no idea what kind of roles are out there, so it's possible he's been framed.

Again, that's not based in content. IF you are town, you are falling in love with him "reading your posts right." That has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO with the content he is creating. There is none.

The Ninth Layer posted:

Haha I'm obviously not backpedaling, I knew exactly what I was talking about and proved it with a link.

This is "nah."

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Quidnose posted:

I don't buy it.

Calling TNL as a 3p of some kind.

Back to my reread.

How do you get TNL as 3P out of your conversation?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

This is "nah."

I just proved you wrong dude. There was nothing factually inaccurate about what I posted, you misattributed what I was talking about. I just demonstrated to you what I was talking about in my summary post. Get owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh hey, welcome to the party FV. Have fun with it all.

Btw, FV, if you to turn out to be scum this game I'm going to be so mad at you because right now you are like the towniest looking person in the game right now. :ssj:

• Locked thread