Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.

fwuh posted:

Part of me thinks this will go a Hot Fuzz direction, where everyone's involved to some extent, but the twist is that none of the Red Devils know exactly who else is involved.

This is where I'm leaning too. I feel like EVERYONE is using the costume to further their own personal agendas. Then I guess the real question is, who was the Red Devil the struck first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Gigi's face and "Shoot guys, I can totally hear you" got the biggest laugh of the night in my house. It broke the tension in that scene perfectly. I can't believe how funny this show is, considering, you know, Ryan Murphy, but he definitely has gold on his hands here.

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

One of the 1995 KKT sorority sisters was called Coco. Who else would call their daughter Chanel? I thought it was weird she knew everything about the 1995 tub death and baby when Dean Munsch covered it up, but it would make sense if her mother was one of the ones there and told her about it.

Well, she's also clearly lying about the Lagerfeld thing - in the bronzing flashback, she was wearing a Tommy Hilfiger polo. If Karl Lagerfeld had been that close to her family since her mom was like 7, why would she ever have worn anything other than Chanel?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

fwuh posted:

Well, she's also clearly lying about the Lagerfeld thing - in the bronzing flashback, she was wearing a Tommy Hilfiger polo. If Karl Lagerfeld had been that close to her family since her mom was like 7, why would she ever have worn anything other than Chanel?

I think that's the show not being able to afford Chanel as a constant clothing source, so they go for something else that gave them options. For instance, most of what I see Chanel #1 in is Christian Siriano's collection and Topshop's collection. I think the lines just sponsor the show and Chanel as a brand doesn't.

Source of this information comes from https://screamqueensfashion.tumblr.com which is almost crazy in how detailed its findings are.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Oct 16, 2015

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

fwuh posted:

Part of me thinks this will go a Hot Fuzz direction, where everyone's involved to some extent, but the twist is that none of the Red Devils know exactly who else is involved.

*ahem*

precision posted:

I'm pretty sure it's going to turn out that EVERYONE is the killer :supaburn:

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011

You got me...I skimmed the thread and didn't see it :p But I do have my own twist on that!

Pan Dulce posted:

I think that's the show not being able to afford Chanel as a constant clothing source, so they go for something else that gave them options. For instance, most of what I see Chanel #1 in is Christian Siriano's collection and Topshop's collection. I think the lines just sponsor the show and Chanel as a brand doesn't.

Source of this information comes from https://screamqueensfashion.tumblr.com which is almost crazy in how detailed its findings are.

Right, but the difference is that they don't show logos on that stuff. They WANTED the Hilfiger logo to be noticed, or they would've picked a polo without a logo.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Chad Radwell couldn't be one of the killers, because Chad Radwell is biologically incapable of not sharing his honest thoughts on any given subject or action.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I like how they've been stringing red herrings along so it seems like 90% of the cast could theoretically be the red devil or at least one of them.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

TOOT BOOT posted:

I like how they've been stringing red herrings along so it seems like 90% of the cast could theoretically be the red devil or at least one of them.

I may be wrong but I think that as of this episode there's literally nobody in the cast that we haven't seen being attacked by the devil.

The heavy implication that the dad is the devil really went into overdrive with the 90s girl's scene at the end, "I have a salad date with a very special someone". Unless Ryan Murphy and friends intend to swerve on everything and light a dumpster fire at the end of the season, the dad is almost certainly one of the devils.

Hopefully not the one with the hots for Zay.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I forgot but has the Final Girl been attacked by the Red Devil?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hold on guys, wait, hold on.

Holy poo poo.

Niecy Nash has never actually been shown with the red devil

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

precision posted:

Hold on guys, wait, hold on.

Holy poo poo.

Niecy Nash has never actually been shown with the red devil

she attacked (one of) the red devil(s) with Gigi

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

If it was Neicy Nash all along, that would make this show gold. #cahoots indeed.

But I actually think the Red Devil romancing Zayday was Earl Grey. Gigi was probably telling the Red Devil that followed her to clean up this mess and kill Earl Grey for messing up and not killing Zayday. We know Boone's probably one too. During the Backstreet Boys fight, one of the Red Devils stopped to look at Chad when he was down.

Gigi's the brunette sorority girl from 1995. And Hester's the tub baby.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Saddest Rhino posted:

she attacked (one of) the red devil(s) with Gigi

Ugh, loving duh.

Pan Dulce posted:

But I actually think the Red Devil romancing Zayday was Earl Grey. Gigi was probably telling the Red Devil that followed her to clean up this mess and kill Earl Grey for messing up. We know Boone's probably one too. During the Backstreet Boys fight, one of the Red Devils stopped to look at Chad when he was down.

Hm... I think all this checks out.

I have a suspicion the show will have a "last man standing" theme. It will end with one person having out-maneuvered and out-smarted everyone else. Sane money is on Dean Munsch, but this is Ryan Murphy, so it could easily be Hester or even Chanel herself.

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

I agree with Hester, but I actually think Gigi was the blonde who came upstairs to let them know 'Waterfalls' was on. Because Gigi is ALWAYS seen wearing a jacket with her hair down and parted to the side, just like that girl. Gigi is also dyed blonde, just like that girl.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

isn't gigi also revealed to be the Hag in the dilapidated house, she obv brought up the TubBaby

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I'm a doctor and being born in a bathtub is well known to be associated with developing severe scoliosis later in life.

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011
Also Coney the ice cream mascot's name is Aaron Cohen. Cohen is one of the names Diego finds in the Dean's office from the 1995 Kappa incident. It is the only last name from that file listed on IMDB. He is also listed in two episodes. Not sure if the Haunted House episode counts or not.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

It probably won't mean anything, but I noticed the music playing when Chanel first walks down the hall in her costume, it's Vulnavia's Theme from The Abominable Dr. Phibes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lln8iL-NEI0

If it does mean something, Chanel might be helping one of the killers since in the Phibes films, Vulnavia was his assistant in revenge.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Layers upon layers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Ryan Murphy, you brilliant son of a bitch.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Well someone put acid in the tanning spray to get her where she was.

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011

Pan Dulce posted:

If it was Neicy Nash all along, that would make this show gold. #cahoots indeed.

But I actually think the Red Devil romancing Zayday was Earl Grey. Gigi was probably telling the Red Devil that followed her to clean up this mess and kill Earl Grey for messing up and not killing Zayday. We know Boone's probably one too. During the Backstreet Boys fight, one of the Red Devils stopped to look at Chad when he was down.

There was a series of on-set photos released of a character with fork marks on the back of their hand (SPOILER WARNING): http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...42603014545.jpg

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

i hope the barista/journalist gets killed soon but i think he's on for the long haul which urgggghhhhhhhhhhh

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011

Boogaleeboo posted:

Chad Radwell couldn't be one of the killers, because Chad Radwell is biologically incapable of not sharing his honest thoughts on any given subject or action.

This is 100% true.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Saddest Rhino posted:

i hope the barista/journalist gets killed soon but i think he's on for the long haul which urgggghhhhhhhhhhh

I'm actually betting he gets taken out fairly soon, like in 1-2 episodes.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

precision posted:

Please let him be the first 'major' character to bite it.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

One can only hope. He sucks all the funny out of his scenes, especially when paired with Grace. But Pete comes out more than once on the opening and does the whole wink-y thing in the coffin at the end, so I'm worried he's NEVER going to leave.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Pan Dulce posted:

One can only hope. He sucks all the funny out of his scenes, especially when paired with Grace. But Pete comes out more than once on the opening and does the whole wink-y thing in the coffin at the end, so I'm worried he's NEVER going to leave.

If we're following the Scream playbook, he's gonna be the/a Red Devil and we'll get to cheer extra hard when Skyler Samuels puts a railroad spike through his eye.

fwuh
Jun 22, 2011

precision posted:

I get the impression he's going to stick around for a while, as a major part of Grace's character arc. I'm not sure whether I think he's a Devil or not - but the Red Devil DID have a chance to kill him...and didn't. Making him one of 2 people (Gigi being the other, unless I'm forgetting someone), who was voluntarily let go by the Red Devil.

Although another option is that the Red Devil has a specific hit list, and doesn't really want to kill anyone outside of that list. The only death I can't figure out is Shondell - not sure how she relates to this whole mess.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

The Red Devil knew that he wouldn't get too far in his list unless he threw master investigator Denise Hemphill off her game, so he had to kill her friend.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Okay, we at most know there are at least 2 Red Devils. We know that Boone is in cahoots (hashtag) with at least one of them. We know that Gigi is in cahoots with one of them. We know that Gigi has some control (it felt very matriarchal) over at least one of them, and disapproves of at least one other Red Devil ("it's gotten out of hand. He needs to go."). We also seem to have been shown that Gigi is the wailing woman in the haunted house, and something very bad happened to her in the 90s. We also see her intertwining herself with Grace's family, and for a national representative of the sorority, spending a suspicious amount of time in only one of its chapters.

So I'd guess the revenge plot is her doing, and at least one of the Red Devil is in her control (perhaps its the baby she took care of in the House, perhaps not). Its very the first Friday the 13th.

And BTW I love this show with a passion.

EDIT: My other guess is that Boone is the other Red Devil and just into killing people. He attacked Gigi, and therefore making her nix him out of the plan (to ruin the sorority?) and out of living.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

This feels like 1st-half-season-1 Glee but for horror movies and I love it.

Hopefully Ryan doesn't kill it like everything else.

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Chaotic Flame posted:

This feels like 1st-half-season-1 Glee but for horror movies and I love it.

Hopefully Ryan doesn't kill it like everything else.

He will. There's no doubt

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

aBagorn posted:

He will. There's no doubt

I have no experience with anything this guy has done previously, but I'm hoping it runs for only one season with the current storyline - I can't see it continuing for multiple seasons without it being intolerable to watch.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
My god, those twins are comically terrible actors. Too bad only one died.

It's also kind of funny that they're playing straight here, given that they were only cast because of that attention-whoring coming out stunt video they did.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Barry Convex posted:

My god, those twins are comically terrible actors. Too bad only one died.

It's also kind of funny that they're playing straight here, given that they were only cast because of that attention-whoring coming out stunt video they did.

I'm hoping they're intentionally bad as an homage to bad acting in B horror movies since everyone else is putting in an at least decent (Grace/Pete) to great (CHAD RADWELL) performance.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

are the twins' "you need to choose" referencing anything? I wondered if it was Double Dragon (lol) but i don't think they would refer to something THAT nerdy

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I thought the Red Devil chasing Roger, Dodger, and Chanel #5 with garden shears in the maze and making that particular "snick" sound Scissorman makes when chasing you in Clocktower, the video game, might be a super nerdy reference too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
At the very least I can thank this show for introducing the phrase “Eiffel Tower” to my daily conversations.

• Locked thread