Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

Fang The Parrot posted:

Most forums are for backers only, but if you really hate yourself and need to give someone money for validation https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/subscriptions you can pay monthly for extra jpeg's

Spending over $1000 also gets you into the "concierge" forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
wtf is this concierge poo poo?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Agrajag posted:

It's the private uber-sperg forum club for idiots that paid too much.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Agrajag posted:

If you've spent over a grand you get to access a forum which is restricted to people who have spent a grand and customer support will generally answer your messages faster.

I don't think there's any free poo poo that goes with it beyond that.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

If you pay CIG enough you get to be their doorman.

quote:

The French word concierge is likely derived from the Old French cumcerges, itself related to the Medieval Latin consergius[1] or the Latin conservus ("fellow slave").[2]

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dusty Lens posted:

If you've spent over a grand you get to access a forum which is restricted to people who have spent a grand and customer support will generally answer your messages faster.

Nope, but it sure does make you feel speshul! Nevermind how the subscriber subforums make you brag you're a true OG CIG supporter, yo! as well as a braindead.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
lol a thousand dollar paygated subforum

Ledenko
Aug 10, 2012
D Smart needs to give us some new stuff to play with, the comedy is losing momentum and it's just hahaha you support sc you dumm

Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

Dusty Lens posted:

There was a plan to give Conciergers some random perks associated to their "rank" ($1000 tier/2500 tier etc.) that was spearheaded by Chelsea, but I haven't heard anything else about that since she left.

As it stands yeah, it's just priority customer support and people glad handing each other.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Agrajag posted:

lol a thousand dollar paygated subforum

Lowtax should have thought of it first

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Synchronized posted:

There was a plan to give Conciergers some random perks associated to their "rank" ($1000 tier/2500 tier etc.) that was spearheaded by Chelsea, but I haven't heard anything else about that since she left.

As it stands yeah, it's just priority customer support and people glad handing each other.

I'm glad of Chelsea and Travis getting into a lifeboat.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
My refund is being actioned on Tuesday, 4 more days and Im out bitches.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Dusty Lens posted:

same

and Pugh

Synchronized
Jul 24, 2011
Tick Tock.

Dusty Lens posted:

No argument there, I was glad to see them go onwards and upwards. Wish them nothing but the best, they're good people.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
They stated on video they're adding a top hat and monocle (in-game) for spergs whom have concierge, as... thats what the concierge cult voted to have, or something.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 is coming and funding has stabilized at 130 000 dollars per day. We did it boys. Star Citizen is real. hail Chris Roberts.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

redwalrus posted:

They stated on video they're adding a top hat and monocle (in-game) for spergs whom have concierge, as... thats what the concierge cult voted to have, or something.

After they claimed no PTW. How is a top hat and monocle not winning.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
:wiggle:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Needs more oldman face.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Steven Tyler looking good

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

SelenicMartian posted:

Needs more oldman face.

consider it done

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I'm loading up on coffee now.
Derek Smart is confirmed to call in today on the show.

Tune in at Noon Eastern, and join in the chat

All our Social Media links are on the front page:
https://www.beyondthehorizonradio.com
Twitter: @BTH_Radio
Facebook.com/BeyondTheHorizonRadio

Disclaimer: We will take live calls via Skype. Please make sure you have headphones, and a decent mic so we can hear you and we don't get any feedback from you. Thanks!
I'm bummed, I'll be stuck at work.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Dark Off posted:

consider it done

would

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Crowdfunded b00bs.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dark Off posted:

consider it done

lmao

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

LumberingTroll posted:

My refund is being actioned on Tuesday, 4 more days and Im out bitches.

I got actioned on October 15. Still no money in my Paypal account so I'm gonna have to write an angry email.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Star Citizen Update: game still looks poo poo.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Star Citizen Update: game still looks poo poo.

Yeah. I mean, we joke around a lot in the thread, but jesus, come on:

Sarsapariller posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/15017-Development-Update-Star-Citizen-Alpha-20-Star-Marine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChX20u-q_Y0

Hey look combat, with people getting shot and dying (in third person). We're one step closer to a barely functional minimal FPS!

No one can look at this and go "Yup, looks really good for 2015 FPS, 3 years into development for 90 million dollars."

It unambiguously looks like crap.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Demiurge4 posted:

I got actioned on October 15. Still no money in my Paypal account so I'm gonna have to write an angry email.

Intercepted by internet warlords.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Erenthal posted:

No one can look at this and go "Yup, looks really good for 2015 FPS, 3 years into development for 90 million dollars."

pre pre pre alpha. the truth bomb hurts doesn't it?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Erenthal posted:

I like that they very cleverly cut away from first person whenever a gun is actually being fired because it looks like poo poo. There's like one second of seeing a gun getting fired at 1:14 and it's completely stationary, they just make a muzzle flash appear behind the frozen gun model.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

And people thought an 80 dollar monacle in eve was robbery

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

"Operating Theater
Gameplay: The operating theater module of the ship is the
highest-level personal repair facility available without shipping
the patient back to a planet. This is where any of the
highest-level FPS body repair stuff can happen — replace lost
limbs, fix damaged organs, etc. "

Imagine playing a FPS, where when you get shot you can lose limbs and need to seek out an operating theater and someone to reattach them, that's the level of immersion and detail Chris Roberts is looking to bring.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Applebee123 posted:

"Operating Theater

Imagine playing a FPS, where when you get shot you can lose limbs and need to seek out an operating theater and someone to reattach them, that's the level of immersion and detail Chris Roberts is looking to bring.

there's already a game that does that and probably does it better than Crobizzle will ever be able to do

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Applebee123 posted:

"Operating Theater

30 out of 64 pages in that pdf is spent detailing every piece of minutiae of a jpg ship that will never, ever, be made.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Are they making 3d open world ss13? Dibs on janitor

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
The mind reels at the bomb-rear end dank-rear end mini-games they're going to come up with to be a surgeon in the 'Verse.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Conning these dumb spergs
My pubes push my wife away
The cocaine must flow

titaniumone
Jun 10, 2001

Agrajag posted:

i have a baby DRHA

star citizens gonna have SIDS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
They've officially given up on the cutlass.

• Locked thread