Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Rules thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3743898

On a foreign, sandy shore, thousands of miles from the powerful citystate of Achaea and its allies, lies a city.It is a city beloved of many of the gods, filled with untold wealth. It’s name... is Troia. And just recently, it became home to the most beautiful woman in the world - Helen, and a thousand ships with a thousand thousand men from Achaea to bring her home to her husband the King of Sparta, Menelaus.

The Achaeans have made landfall, and the city of Troia is now under siege. Soldiers like you will play a decisive part in the victories made here, but heed the voice of the gods. For no mere mortal could turn from their fury, just as any true hero will shine with their favour.

King Agamemnon - CCKeane rules this thread
Current state of the game:
Battleground locations:
Greek Fleet Beachhead (Trojans kill someone OoC if they win - king chooses which battle combatant makes the choice) Achaean
Greek Siege Camp. Defenders ranged row gain +1 Combat Skill. Each surviving attacker gains 2 offerings if victorious Achaean
Battle Plain (Neutral)
Trojan Wall Battlements Defenders Melee gains +1 Combat Skill, each surviving attacker gains +2 offerings if victorious) Trojan
Trojan Palace (Greeks kill someone OoC if they win - king chooses which battle combatant makes the choice) Trojan

Isle of Delphi: May only be fought over once. The winner of this battle wins unimaginable treasure, but runs the risk of divine disfavour. (unraided)

busb fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Oct 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Achaean Thread :helladid:

This thread is ruled by King Agamemnon - CCKeane :hist101:

1. Asiina
  2. Beetphyxious
  3. bowmore
  4. King Burgundy
  5. Little Mac
  6. merk
  7. Opopanax AnonymousNarcotics
  8. Rarity
  9. TheNabster Tommunist
  10. TMMadman
  11. Verr

The fallen heroes:
  1. Mithross, Odysseus, Achaean (town) aligned Achaean Commander was hanged Day1
  2. HiipFire, Ajax the Greater, Achaean (town) aligned Son of Telamon was hanged Day1
  3. GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE,Diomedes, Achaean (town) aligned Champion of Athena was slain in glorious battle Night1
  4. EccoRaven, Phoenix, Achaean (town) aligned , Achaean Charioteer has been exiled Day2!
  5. CapitalistPig wins32767, Nestor, Achaean (town) aligned Wisest Advisor to Agamemnon, forgetfully abandoned the battle N2.
  6. FoxTerrier, Calchas, Achaean (town) aligned Seer of Argive and Achaen Oracle was murdered Night 2!

busb fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 26, 2015

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Yeeeeah boyeeee!

When can we expect our role PMs?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello Poopfaces!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chill Caesar Keane, I am at your disposal. Mmm...Chicken Caesar.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

(ooc: I'm going to go ahead with my proposed PR if I can and also I want to mention right now that we have a great cast of posters here and we objectively make up the better thread now that merk is here, hf all =D )

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
time to finally actually read the OP of the main thread

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
This thread now should all have its Role PMs. PM me questions if you have them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
All hail Keane!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hi

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

I assume we are saving discussion of fighting stuff until the King gets here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In the beginning, there was a hot babe named Helen. She was pretty good and was married to the King's brother, Menelaus. Menelaus was so cool he got to be the king of Sparta at the same time as having the hottest wife. Too bad we was a chump, heh heh. Helen loved accents thanks to the gods sending her a Learn French in 30 days vhs and was whisked away to Troy with its baby Paris. Nelson called on his older brother Aggamemnon to gather an army of bullies to take back his babe. And that's how the Trojan War started.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

And then Gods being Gods got involved and it was a huge mess all around.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TheNabster posted:

I assume we are saving discussion of fighting stuff until the King gets here.

Don't sweat it, give broad descriptions of your skills if you want, if you don't that's fine.

So to start things up, I have a once per game ability to bestow an item upon a player. This greatly expands their combat ability, but at the cost of changing their alignment to survivor.

But hey, funny story, survivor alignment isn't scum alignment.

If you are scum alignment and want to play as survivor, post and let me know and we can work something out. (Just vote along side me)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm good at beating people up, my liege.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I am a melee dude.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

I have some brutal debuffs in hand boss, i'll sit in your back line and mess dudes up.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Choo choo motherfuckers

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

Don't sweat it, give broad descriptions of your skills if you want, if you don't that's fine.

So to start things up, I have a once per game ability to bestow an item upon a player. This greatly expands their combat ability, but at the cost of changing their alignment to survivor.

If you are scum alignment and want to play as survivor, post and let me know and we can work something out. (Just vote along side me)

To be clear here I wouldn't demand that you give up your scummates or anything. I imagine half the chat will be making fun of PMom/making dick jokes so hey.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hello Great King Keane! I am here to fight for you!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

To be clear here I wouldn't demand that you give up your scummates or anything. I imagine half the chat will be making fun of PMom/making dick jokes so hey.

I'm town but I'd prefer to play as a survivor as well

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I'm town but I'd prefer to play as a survivor as well

I feel you, but town to survivor is a losing move for me, scum to survvior is a winning move.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I'm town, but I'm also pretty good at combat, so you might want to consider giving me the item. I'd never think of pulling a heel turn on you.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hello friends! I will be pretty unable to participate fully until Monday, but then I will give it my all.

Death to PMom!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I feel you, but town to survivor is a losing move for me, scum to survvior is a winning move.

I saw this after I posted, but my offer stands if no scum steps forward.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

I wasn't asking permission. No mods no masters! No king or gods!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Opopanax posted:

I wasn't asking permission. No mods no masters! No king or gods!

I respect this.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hey boss, I am useful in combat, but not a front line fighter at all.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh and as far as the game stuff goes, I've got some decent debuffs, and am probably better in combat than out

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, although I can be used in either line and have some nice attack skills, for the moment I must insist that I fight only to defend our Greek positions. I will, of course, let you know if this changes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm probably not the greatest at combat, but I'll go if I have to.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Hi hello this is the thread where we make dick jokes, yes?

Also you can put me in battle if necessary but I am much more of a party dude and don't foresee it going awesomely.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

FoxTerrier posted:

Hi hello this is the thread where we make dick jokes, yes?

Also you can put me in battle if necessary but I am much more of a party dude and don't foresee it going awesomely.

If you look down you'll clearly see this is the thread for joke dicks.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

CCKeane posted:

If you look down you'll clearly see this is the thread for joke dicks.

Yeah I don't have any witty retort for that. Owned on page 1, drat!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
all hail king of the losers (aka pmom)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Let me also start by telling a story about when PMom and I met. PMom came to NYC, and he kept talking about the problem of people sleeping in the streets. He went in and on about it, and he kept saying, "You know, you just don't think it'll happen to you, but I see all these people on the street and they're just like me and it's very upsetting." I agreed with him and we moved on, and then he turns to me with tears in his eyes, points to a big pile of dog poo poo on the sidewalk, and says, "That could be me!"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh cool game's started. It's my birthday celebrations tonight so I'll check this out tomorrow. Have fun, y'all!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey! keane! I propose we all post what our scumtells are. it worked pretty well when I was king of a thread. do you approve??!

anyone who lies about their scumtells is scum obviously!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also just to clarify I am on vacation from tomorrow until next saturday, I'll have my ipad and some internet access but don't expect my usual giant post count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

hey! keane! I propose we all post what our scumtells are. it worked pretty well when I was king of a thread. do you approve??!

anyone who lies about their scumtells is scum obviously!

Nobody needs my permission to do anything, I'm a jolly anarchist king.

• Locked thread