Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

It felt kind of hollow to me and it was based on a counterfactual

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It read less clearly than I would have liked given the typo, but I am posting my thoughts. It's just that my thoughts are relatively straightforward and can come out in one post.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Tremendous Taste posted:

It read less clearly than I would have liked given the typo, but I am posting my thoughts. It's just that my thoughts are relatively straightforward and can come out in one post.

I think you probably have more opinions than you've been posting, but I can't force you to post them vOv

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Meinberg posted:

C) If we're in a two scum setup, we're currently on the last day, so I'd recommend unvoting 100years before scum can hammer me.

i think i'm going to have to ##vote meinberg right now, though. probably the last post i get in the game day; i haven't liked how he keeps promsing content and not delivering; i don't like the panic because of single vote; and I don't like

Meinberg posted:

Foo is at the top of my "look at this guy" list, but right now I feel like he's fading into the background despite making a lot of posts, which is probably a bad thing!!
but not for omgus reasons - it's a way of just throwing shade out there without having to actually back anything up

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hal is definitely looking scummiest to me.

He buddies up to birdstrike from the beginning

Hal Incandenza posted:

I like the new avatar Birdstrike

Tell me who the badguys are

Hal Incandenza posted:

birdstrike I think these guys just don't "get" you

Hal Incandenza posted:

Win or lose everything I do from here on out is for Birdstrike

Calls someone out on posting without scum hunting but hasn't done any himself.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Way to really put some effort into scumhunting there buddy.

When he does make a case it sounds really manufactured. The best part is that his description of what 100yoa is doing perfectly describes himself (see bold)

Hal Incandenza posted:

I am not sure what point you are trying to make there, but I think Taste's point is valid. There are good ways to try and generate content, and there are ways of using that as an excuse to say little and let others generate content for you to work with when you are stuck trying to force reads. What 100years did felt like the second kind. It's wrapped up in a lot of fluff and buddying and feels fake.

Meinberg's reaction to it and defense of it feels off to me as well, it takes no critical look at the situation and is just waves away any analysis of what happened and tries to brush the whole thing under the table.

OMGUS or whatever, but I also don't like Vimes play too much this game, it's a good example of posting noise and saying little of substance, something I find to be scummier more often than just lurking (merk would say Vimes is content lurking).

I'll vote with the thing that has pinged me the most though ##vote 100years

##vote hal

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Hal's hammer is strange especially after this comment. He never seemed fully invested in his birdstrike vote. Plus it was ultimately unnecessary as I was going to hammer sooner or later had nothing new come up. Somehow though I feel that exonerates him just a bit.

I also def agree with this

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry I haven't had much presence over the last couple of (real world) days. I've been spending a lot of time a) skiing b) keeled over from muscular exhaustion.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SSV: that sounds fun.

Captain Foo posted:

What do you think of Hal's reasoning for hammering?

I had said I was going to vote birdstrike in 15-30 minutes before going to sleep, had nothing come up. I may have just been needlessly buying time, because ultimately the execution is decided via plurality and even without the final vote, considering the activity, it'd of been very unlikely to have people unvote birdstrike let alone move their vote elsewhere. So with that in mind I think Hal's hammer is just him goofing around, as he said, and it fits because frankly had he not done anything and just kept silent as he had been doing we'd have not noticed or cared anymore.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I also def agree with this

The first part or the latter because I've been saying that his hammer actually makes me read him as town. And that'd contradict your vote. I also don't think his case on me was manufactured. It's a legitimate alternate way to read that post of mine. I was stuck for content and I was trying to generate some but mainly because it's hard to make judgements with absolutely nothing to work with.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also Anon why not Meinberg? Our case there is admittedly pretty weak in the large scheme of good cases:

-He hasn't delivered any expressively promised content because:
A) He's actually busy
B) He's scum and hasn't got anything to say or create

-His vote on birdstrike was a reinforced joke vote that comes after the majority of the cases are made on birdstrike.

-Multiple times he expresses concern about tunneling on birdstrike or finding him guilty for bad reasons but it doesn't stop his vote.

Meinberg posted:

Maybe it's just his avatar, but I feel like I can't trust that Birdstrike guy.

Meinberg posted:

My gut says Bird, but I might be internally tunneling on him too much. I probably should take a look at other folks. Hal is being a bit too lurkery, if he doesn't put out more on D2, he's someone I'll want to consider.

Foo is at the top of my "look at this guy" list, but right now I feel like he's fading into the background despite making a lot of posts, which is probably a bad thing!!

Compared to Hal I think Meinberg looks a lot worse.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I won't be around all day (work) but I'll be back for deadline for sure. I'll try to stay awake for it for as long as possible too.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

Meinberg (2): 100YrsofAttitude, -100YrsofAttitude, 100YrsofAttitude, Captain Foo
Hal Incandenza (1): AnonymousNarcotics
Captain Foo (1): Tremendous Taste

Not Voting (3): Hal Incandenza, Meinberg, SirSamVimes

:h: With 7 players alive, it takes 4 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is October 17th, 2015 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 52 minutes.

===========
Southern trees bear a strange fruit, / Blood on the leaves and blood at the root, / Black bodies swinging in the Southern breeze, / Strange fruit hanging from the poplar trees.
Pastoral scene of the gallant south / the bulging eyes and the twisted mouth / scent of magnolia / sweet and fresh then the sudden smell of burning flesh
Here is a fruit / for the crows to pluck / for the rain to gather / for the wind to suck / for the sun to rot / for the tree to drop / Here is a strange / and bitter crop

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I have no idea whether I'll be here for deadline and I've been unable to do a good job with reading today for aforementioned reasons so I'm going to reread all of today.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh man sorry about this Birdstrike! ##vote Birdstrike

All glory to Hal!

I found this post while looking for the beginning of Day 2. That's a really weird driveby hammer.

Also I'm gonna try this stream of consciousness reading thing.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Captain Foo posted:

i do think it's odd that meinberg seemed to be pro-night-posting after bird's flip but then never did

this seems kind of meaningless

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Meinberg posted:

A) I didn't talk much last night because the flip happened when I wasn't really awake enough to react to it.

B) I'm heading onto the road shortly, and will be back on my PC later today.

C) If we're in a two scum setup, we're currently on the last day, so I'd recommend unvoting 100years before scum can hammer me.

D) I was roleblocked somehow last night, and my gut says that either it is a scum action or ecco messing with me. If I'm still in the game when I get home, I'll full claim.

So you're pushing the false idea that we're in MYLO and weirdly resigned despite very little pressure on you. "if I'm still in the game" and eagerness to fullclaim? You never seemed to be under a lot of suspicion.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hi guys sorry I wasn't around today. Let me catch up on the thread and I'll let you know my thoughts.

Present, but not present enough to give opinions?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Hal is definitely looking scummiest to me.

He buddies up to birdstrike from the beginning

Calls someone out on posting without scum hunting but hasn't done any himself.

When he does make a case it sounds really manufactured. The best part is that his description of what 100yoa is doing perfectly describes himself (see bold)

##vote hal

Kinda like this post/vote

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The first part or the latter because I've been saying that his hammer actually makes me read him as town. And that'd contradict your vote. I also don't think his case on me was manufactured. It's a legitimate alternate way to read that post of mine. I was stuck for content and I was trying to generate some but mainly because it's hard to make judgements with absolutely nothing to work with.

The first part - how he hammered even though he never really supported the birdstrike vote so it was kind of weird.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The first part - how he hammered even though he never really supported the birdstrike vote so it was kind of weird.

Dude literally said he was hammering in 15-30 minutes like 10 minutes before I did it and no one was talking or really supporting other candidates. Are you asserting that I was so desperate as scum to get Birdstrike killed that I felt like I had to force a hammer instead of letting it happen naturally a few minutes later?

If you really want to assert that you better provide some reasoning as to why I would have done that.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

So you're pushing the false idea that we're in MYLO and weirdly resigned despite very little pressure on you. "if I'm still in the game" and eagerness to fullclaim? You never seemed to be under a lot of suspicion.

What's funny is that he certainly seems to be now after having fully ignored everything else.

SirSamVimes posted:

Kinda like this post/vote

So is that the way you're leaning as well? And do you see Hal's hammer as problematic then despite my misgivings of going down that train of thought?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

His response when Foo asked:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Someone said they were about to hammer and I wanted to sneak in and grab all the credit in case birdstrike flipped scum.

If we're trusting him it's because he thought it could be funny/fun. Which is reasonable enough I guess.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:d: Deadline is in nine hours. Executions are plurality though.

:siren: SPONTANEOUS RULE ADDITION:
- you need at least 20 posts total today to avoid being modkilled.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

I think Meinberg hasn't been all that great this game, but his confusion about LYLO makes me think he's more likely town than scum. Scum are going to pretty aware of how many players are in the game and when it is LYLO, and I don't think Meinberg is going to fake that misunderstanding in that situation.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm going to ##vote SSV his "stream of consciousness" posting was very sparse and in the end he added nothing to the conversation, threw some easy shade towards me and Meinberg and didn't even vote anyone.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I also don't like Captain Foo, but he isn't around to defend himself so I am going to hold off on pushing that more until tomorrow.

Basically he's posted an awful lot, but almost all of it is just talking about what he expects out of other people and pushing other people to make content. His actual opinions are few and far between and I don't really like his play around birdstrike yesterday.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lost WiFi. Only have five free minutes at a cafe. Gonna do what I meant to last night. ##vote hal

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think Meinberg hasn't been all that great this game, but his confusion about LYLO makes me think he's more likely town than scum. Scum are going to pretty aware of how many players are in the game and when it is LYLO, and I don't think Meinberg is going to fake that misunderstanding in that situation.

I can't remember playing with Meinberg very much though I know of him, but is he prone to leaving games like this? You do make a valid point there.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I also don't like Captain Foo, but he isn't around to defend himself so I am going to hold off on pushing that more until tomorrow.

Basically he's posted an awful lot, but almost all of it is just talking about what he expects out of other people and pushing other people to make content. His actual opinions are few and far between and I don't really like his play around birdstrike yesterday.

I'm going to look into this and SSV as well who I haven't been 100% for a while now.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Got a voucher for more data so I'm around until lunch is over.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Never mind leaving now. See you in a couple hours.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Lost WiFi. Only have five free minutes at a cafe. Gonna do what I meant to last night. ##vote hal

Why is that again? Is there an actual case on me other than people thinking somehow hammering birdstrike was scummy?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Never mind leaving now. See you in a couple hours.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo dont go

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Well how do you feel about Meinberg or Hal's case on you?

I never felt comfortable with your initial vote to on the lurking Hal. It's such a lazy vote even for D1.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I have a theory that Hal and 100yoa are scum together. Will elaborate when I get home bc my phone is dying.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I have a theory that Hal and 100yoa are scum together. Will elaborate when I get home bc my phone is dying.

Can I try to nip this in the bud?

Was it because I actually don't think he had an illogical case on me earlier? Or because I'm defending his hammer of birdstrike? Because I've accused SSV of trying to get Hal executed for lurking on D1? Or because I'm willing to listen to his opinion on Meinberg's inaction rather than mindlessly sticking to my opinions?
What your reading as an alliance is really just me being open to dialogue and different ideas.

More than happy to talk this (or anything really) out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I am excited to see what you have to say!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Here's where we stand.

Foo's not coming back. His vote is stuck on Meinberg. Who is missing and will certainly not vote himself.

I don't think I can make a more compelling case on Meinberg at this point. Hasn't kept promises and as a bad vote on birdstrike that dated from jokephase. It's really all that compelling.

And is why I would move my vote. I think it's pretty clear I wouldn't vote Hal seeing as none of his actions have struck me as dishonest.

I would however be willing to move my vote to Foo or SSV. I suppose it'd have to be the latter since the former won't be around to defend himself. Or altogether make a super compelling case on someone else, but if I could do that I'd of done it already.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What time is deadline? I will be around but I am busyish so I don't want to forget to come back before deadline.

I would be OK moving my vote to Meinberg if it came down to it. His posting has been bad (although promising to deliver content and then not doing it isn't a slam dunk scumtell) and he was definitely defensive out of nowhere. I think not knowing the game situation is weird as scum but it's not the strongest evidence for being town either, and I always say post content trumps almost everything in mafia.

ssv>foo>meinberg is how I feel right now. 100years seems town to me at this point, ANarc as well, TT I can't tell.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

We've about 2h and 40 minutes.

The only thing I've against Anon is the impression that someone's been directing her actions. And I only say that because I remember her being more active, that said she's clearly following the thread and her cases aren't just quick 1 phrase sentences but she's doing the homework required of her narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I can never remember how plurality works. Do I get killed since I got to two votes more recently or is Meinberg since he got there first?

• Locked thread