Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

it isn't at all the same thing. FoxTerrier said some of the same words but the way she said it indicated she was thinking about it clearly and was trying to be forthright.

you said it flippantly, like you didn't actually want people to know your scumtells, you just wanted to give a bogus answer to fill the void.

tsk tsk kb tsk tsk

lol u bad sorry friend

Wow. Nope. You are reading me intentionally uncharitably. I'm pretty sure you are scum.

##vote EccoRaven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Wow. Nope. You are reading me intentionally uncharitably. I'm pretty sure you are scum.

what you said:

"I have no scumtells. I play a perfect game. Though, sometimes I don't bus a scumbuddy if I normally would."

what foxterrier said:

"I've only scummed once, like two years ago, so I don't know that I can really claim an MO. For what it's worth, I was very assertive and active that game, but it was a deliberate attempt to match my Town style from the game I'd played just prior...so...I dunno what can really be gleamed there.

Opop modded the game I was scum, and has also played with me when I've been town (actually I guess I was a survivor with town aligned goals in that game, technically). He might have some insight if he remembers those games at all.

Otherwise I dunno really."

it's like night and day. you don't even have the same scumtells so it's not like you phrased the same thing in different ways.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

what you said:

"I have no scumtells. I play a perfect game. Though, sometimes I don't bus a scumbuddy if I normally would."

what foxterrier said:

"I've only scummed once, like two years ago, so I don't know that I can really claim an MO. For what it's worth, I was very assertive and active that game, but it was a deliberate attempt to match my Town style from the game I'd played just prior...so...I dunno what can really be gleamed there.

Opop modded the game I was scum, and has also played with me when I've been town (actually I guess I was a survivor with town aligned goals in that game, technically). He might have some insight if he remembers those games at all.

Otherwise I dunno really."

it's like night and day. you don't even have the same scumtells so it's not like you phrased the same thing in different ways.

rofl. You couldn't be more transparent in your attempts to misread my words and intention. Sorry you rolled scum. I know you like Keane and wouldn't have chosen this for yourself.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

It's wildly hyperbolic and only applies to me itt. It could be said that if viewed in that light your comment is anti-town both in vibes and in intent.

I wasn't thinking of you at all when I wrote it. It applies to many people.

Each time I am lynched as scum I go back and try to figure out why. I'll then make an effort in the next game to not do whatever it is that I thought got me lynched regardless of my alignment. Things I've taken out of my game include random distancing posts on scum buddies, voting with too short of justifications (unless I am baiting as town to try to spark content), quickly thought of joke comments, and other stuff. I don't know if I have a scum tell that prevails game after game. If I identified that tell, I'd try to remove it. If you know something, I'd love to hear it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've only been scum twice, so people who've played against me those times will have to really say if I've got more, but my biggest thing when I'm scum is that I tend to ignore scumbuddies or just lightly engage with them. My two scum games were Ecco's Pearl of Port Lourde and Mithross' Planescape game.

In the Planescape game, I was scum with Keane and essentially completely ignored him in the thread all game. It finally got brought up late in the game but by then it was too late.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

If you know something, I'd love to hear it.

I can't remember what exactly about you pinged my gut hard in TNG but it did and obviously it was a correct result. What did you do in TNG that made me want to daymurder you?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Asiina posted:

Real talk, KB your scumtell is that your scum cases aren't as good as your town cases. They don't feel as logically consistent, and are always quite a bit weaker and require more stretching to fit.

good call asiina, asiina for town mvp.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Each time I am lynched as scum I go back and try to figure out why. I'll then make an effort in the next game to not do whatever it is that I thought got me lynched regardless of my alignment. Things I've taken out of my game include random distancing posts on scum buddies, voting with too short of justifications (unless I am baiting as town to try to spark content), quickly thought of joke comments, and other stuff. I don't know if I have a scum tell that prevails game after game. If I identified that tell, I'd try to remove it. If you know something, I'd love to hear it.

You aren't as convincing as scum. That's all that comes to mind.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

merk posted:

I've noticed you back down quietly and quickly when you are scum and if nobody bites on one of your baiting posts.

Regardless, I rarely support a Merk vote since Merk is better town than scum.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Perhaps it'd be more accurate to say that you don't convince people as much rather than how convincing you are as either? It's weird to make those separate things but I think that's a more exact answer. You make a case that you don't jump around the thread to "get done" as scum but as town you will actually argue points etc

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

King Burgundy posted:

rofl. You couldn't be more transparent in your attempts to misread my words and intention. Sorry you rolled scum. I know you like Keane and wouldn't have chosen this for yourself.

Like seriously folks, check out what I actually wrote and then what Ecco translated it as:

King Burgundy posted:

I don't know if I have any. I try to play my standard game regardless of alignment.
vs

EccoRaven posted:

"I have no scumtells. I play a perfect game.

So bad.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EccoRaven posted:

you should tell us your scumtells!
i havent played enough scum to really know my tells

idk like lurking and seeming very selfconscious about my posting i think

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Perhaps it'd be more accurate to say that you don't convince people as much rather than how convincing you are as either? It's weird to make those separate things but I think that's a more exact answer. You make a case that you don't jump around the thread to "get done" as scum but as town you will actually argue points etc

I think this is very wrong. I usually lead lynches as scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

CCKeane posted:

I've noticed you back down quietly and quickly when you are scum and if nobody bites on one of your baiting posts.

Regardless, I rarely support a Merk vote since Merk is better town than scum.

Thanks on both things.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

Well, you won't catch me going back to prove it one way or the other because I don't actually give a heck

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Well, you won't catch me going back to prove it one way or the other because I don't actually give a heck

Cool

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
oh hey merk is in this game.

I bet he's scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

merk posted:

is this still true, though? I really am thinking back to TNG and I remembered you were much more reactive there.

pre-posting edit: yeah day 1 you had a pet case on orvin (town) you ran with but didn't budge off, and then day 2 you latched onto Somber, and then day 3 you dropped the Orvin case like it was hot before I daycopped you (any sort of public daycop power is totally bullpoop and unfair but it happened so).

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I've done a lot of both lately. I try to switch up styles to see what works and what I have time to do. I think in TNG I was pretty busy and posting in spurts.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So has D1 started? I forget how the combat location and the lynch choices work,

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
I am pretty decent at combat, but keep me the hell away from the gods, they and I don't get along. I am also entirely about combat, skill wise.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Lol at our content compared to PMom's.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We are clearly better in every way.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Gee merk, awfully defensive, huh?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Opopanax posted:

Gee merk, awfully defensive, huh?

You got em.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

CCKeane posted:

Lol at our content compared to PMom's.

wait can we actually read the other thread?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

this my first mafia game in probably 5 years and the first on SA. what do i do

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Verr posted:

this my first mafia game in probably 5 years and the first on SA. what do i do

First you make a joke vote on someone for any reason whatsoever.

Then a few days later you make up a reason for why it's a real vote and convince people to go along with it until they are dead.

Repeat as necessary.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote KB because I keep forgetting his avatar is animated and then it makes me feel like I'm going insane when it moves.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
time for another ecco breadcrumb (everyone should breadcrumb all the time)

TOM: S1PcK. Nap chuub. MFPY16. huK, XnB. k? Goef #Noz Latp. 12 12e. JM *EFh jrEqEPN. lf 14 .DOS .I(N).

taesKJp. YmSGzB lw.

this was entirely generated by hand, specifically, pen and paper.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Encryption is against mafia rules, Ecco. You know this.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
automatic encryption, with computer programs. handmade ciphers have always been kosher.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I feel like it's against the spirit of the game but whatever.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
maybe a little but it's not significantly different than breadcrumbing, just, being a little more obvious about it. since I did this all by hand (and I am not particularly more clever than anyone else), it's certainly reasonable that scum could break it.

and of course I could be lying too about the whole thing.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My literal first thought was it was scummy.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
well there you go then.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Like, between that post and the earlier fillery post both say to me that you're forcing content which is something I might let go for others. You're not the type and I felt like you picked something for early game that could easily be handled by scum. With an unprompted and encrypted (ie: attention grabby) claim? Well, color me interested.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

In fact, ##vote Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Like, between that post and the earlier fillery post both say to me that you're forcing content which is something I might let go for others. You're not the type and I felt like you picked something for early game that could easily be handled by scum. With an unprompted and encrypted (ie: attention grabby) claim? Well, color me interested.

I have read this post twice and I don't understand what you're saying in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EccoRaven posted:

automatic encryption, with computer programs. handmade ciphers have always been kosher.

i agree with diqnol

• Locked thread