Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006
This is just disgraceful stuff from the French

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

lol nonu

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich
so close!

Dog Friday
Feb 22, 2006

DickEmery posted:

I'm slightly glad Wales lost after seeing this NZ display.

You can't compare Wales and their performance today to this pathetic French effort

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

gently caress. Come ON

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I ain't even mad, Nonu

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Chucklefuck laughing after dropping a try in the quarter final of the WC...

that sums this game up

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys

DickEmery posted:

I'm slightly glad Wales lost after seeing this NZ display.

Yeah, I'd love to see Wales in the semis, but I don't want to see them subjected to this kind of treatment. Imagine Priestland and Cuthbert up against this lot.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
France are gone for the next few years.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Yeah going to be hard to field a team after all their players hang themselves.

Thel
Apr 28, 2010

That was the fastest I've seen Nonu run in a while.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
I probably should not have slept through that game :-( Anyone have a link to a highlights package?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

slothrop posted:

I probably should not have slept through that game :-( Anyone have a link to a highlights package?

Pretty much the whole game is a highlight. Torrent the whole thing

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

julian assflange posted:

Don't wanna empty quote, but that was loving masterful.

Foul Ole Ron
Jan 6, 2005

All of you, please don't rush, everyone do the Guybrush!
Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/0H25ve3qts4

This sums it up for France.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

slothrop posted:

World Rugby usually puts up a highlights package on their youtube channel pretty quickly. This one may take some time to narrow down.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

I knew cats were dumb!!!

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Maybe it was a bad idea for a frenchie to bring up the rainbow warrior last month.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
we stopped the boat before it was the cool thing to do

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Our forwards are so loving ridiculous.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://vine.co/v/e9q6qAIWhL1

rekt

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

julian assflange posted:

To put it in perspective, at the end of the game Nonu ran something like 60m downfield for a brilliant solo run and then dropped the ball before he could get over the tryline. His reaction (and that of his teammates/the bench) was to just laugh because oh well, plenty more where that came from!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Also, try to understand Carter's pass at full speed before you watch the slo-mos

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me

It's even more beautiful the 50th time

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Is Aaron Smith calling for the pass or celebrating? It's the same motion and he does it before the first "tackle".

e. or second. It's mesmerising

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

slothrop posted:

Is Aaron Smith calling for the pass or celebrating? It's the same motion and he does it before the first "tackle".

e. or second. It's mesmerising

I think the first one is him calling for a pass, in a fairly conventional draw-and-pass move. The second one I think is him celebrating because all Savea has to do is place the ball at that stage.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004
Really hoping for Australia and Argentina to win so we can start calling the six nations the kids table. Just hoping Fiji was the wallabies "bad" game and they've got it out of their system.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Didn't see the game at all but this picture seems to sum up the game. At the very least I found myself giggling/sniggering for ninety seconds.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

God drat yes. I knew it would hurt to lose to the Bokke after such a hard fought battle but thank god I bought tickets to the NZ game.

For someone with very little English blood in me, I loving detest the French and watching the All Blacks put a master class display over them while surrounded by their fans was delicious. Turns out they *really* loving hate it when you chant 'Allez led bleus' while pointing at the exits as their fans left in the 70th minute.

And for anyone supporting them for Northern Hemisphere reasons, this is what their dirty oval office fans get up to. I'm legit annoyed I took the high road and didn't fight the guys involved, security weren't happy but were overwhelmed.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

EL BROMANCE posted:

God drat yes. I knew it would hurt to lose to the Bokke after such a hard fought battle but thank god I bought tickets to the NZ game.

For someone with very little English blood in me, I loving detest the French and watching the All Blacks put a master class display over them while surrounded by their fans was delicious. Turns out they *really* loving hate it when you chant 'Allez led bleus' while pointing at the exits as their fans left in the 70th minute.

And for anyone supporting them for Northern Hemisphere reasons, this is what their dirty oval office fans get up to. I'm legit annoyed I took the high road and didn't fight the guys involved, security weren't happy but were overwhelmed.

Scaldy motherfucker. Best way is to stealth rock up and get him to startle and piss on his mate.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

Notify Millennium Stadium management.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What's the biggest margin in a would cup QF?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Mister Chief posted:

What's the biggest margin in a would cup QF?

This one.

New Zealand 30-3 Scotland - 27 points

Scotland 28-6 W. Samoa - 22 points

South Africa 42-14 W. Samoa - 28 points

South Africa 44-21 England - 22 points

France 43-21 Ireland - 22 points

South Africa 37-20 Fiji - 17 points

New Zealand 33-10 Argentina - 23 points

New Zealand 62-13 France - 49 points

It's also the highest score and biggest margin ever registered in a Rugby World Cup knock-out phase game. The next highest was the All Blacks v. Wales semifinal from 1987, where the All Blacks put 49 on a 14-man Welsh team, who only could get 6 points in reply.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Oct 18, 2015

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I'm beginning to think it was a bad idea for the Boks to to their group.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

So, records set by this All Blacks team this morning

1. This is the highest score ever in a RWC knock-out stage. The next highest is the 49 scored by the All Blacks against Wales in 1987 (note, that this game was played with 4-point tries. The score would have been 57 points with 5-point tries)
2. The All Blacks set the record for most tries scored in a single RWC knock-out stage fixture with 9. The previous record was 8 from the semifinal between the All Blacks and Wales in 1987.
3. Julian Savea has now surpassed Jonah Lomu's record of 37 test tries, scoring 38 in 39 tests. This makes him the 5th most prolific All Black test try-scorer, behind Doug Howlett, Christian Cullen, Josevata Rokocoko and Jeff Wilson. Julian Savea also now ties Lomu and Bryan Habana's record of 8 tries in a single tournament.
4. The All Blacks have surpassed 300 tries across all Rugby World Cups, with 306 tries scored since the inaugural 1987 tournament. The next best team is Australia with 198.
5. This is the 5th time the All Blacks have scored 40+ in a Rugby World Cup knock-out stage fixture. They are also the only team to have scored more than 50 in knock-out stage fixture.

And for the record, here are all the times a team has scored 40+ in a RWC knock-out stage fixture.

62 - NZ (2015 v. France, quarterfinal)
49 - NZ (1987 v. Wales, semifinal)*
48 - NZ (1995 v. Scotland, quarterfinal)
47 - FRA (1999 v. Argentina, quarterfinal)
45 - NZ (1995 v. England, semifinal)
44 - SA (1999 v. England, quarterfinal)
43 - FRA (1999 v. NZ, semifinal)
43 - FRA (2003 v. Ireland, quarterfinal)
42 - SA (1995 v. W. Samoa, quarterfinal)
40 - NZ (2003 v. France, 3rd place)

* 4-point tries. Would be 57 by the modern scoring system

ElectroMagneticJosh
Oct 13, 2006

Lets Volt In!!
Okay - going to bed and set my alarm for 1am - this game better be worth my unproductive day at work.

The Clit Avoider
Aug 11, 2002

El Profesional
Both England and France making history this tournament. The clubs that rule the nations will be proud :getin:

Although seriously, if the results across the board don't prompt a restructuring, I think they're both (France more so than England) pretty much gone as genuine contenders for a long, long time.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
JFC. That was a master-class in total rugby. Beautiful if it wasn't terrifying. I was at the Wales-SA game (I'm ex-SA) and the quality from both sides was poo poo. Neither team deserved to win, really. No precision, no control, no creativity from SA. Whichever team won that game is going to get absolutely shredded by NZ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
At least we made it out of the group stage :smug: