Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'm saying that your "post your scumtells!!" thing isn't an Ecco way to approach content generation considering it is a LUMPEN approach, really. That you are now claiming without being in any way prompted and that you drew attention to that fact with an encrypted post doesn't feel right to me at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I'm saying that your "post your scumtells!!" thing isn't an Ecco way to approach content generation considering it is a LUMPEN approach, really. That you are now claiming without being in any way prompted and that you drew attention to that fact with an encrypted post doesn't feel right to me at all.

I haven't claimed, I've breadcrumbed. I usually breadcrumb in my games. I often even breadcrumb vanilla, that's how serious I am about breadcrumbs.

Content generation is good, I sometimes do stuff like that. To accuse me of being lumpenesque because of it is kinda silly.

HiipFire posted:

i agree with diqnol

I literally wrote the rules.

quote:

Breadcrumbs can still be done, as can man-made algorithms, but to use an online encryption device is forbidden.

the "problem" with encryption, historically at least, is that there is no way for mafia to break the cipher and discover the content of other people's claims... if you use a computer.

I have not. My code above is easily broken by a particularly clever mafia player. It is not any different than if I just made the first letter of each of my posts that code (which is a pretty standard breadcrumbing technique).

Yeah it's a little not in the spirit but it's hardly against the rules, just a little jerkish to the scum, maybe, since they probably don't want to put in the effort to cracking it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
cool, cool.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I think Ecco is being a dumb rules lawyer but while that makes her scum irl I don't think it necessarily makes her scum in this game.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
Whats a Breadcrumb?

Who's a Lumpen?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
making your breadcrumb a code is pretty dumb yo

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
it's not even being a rules lawyer, the rules have always explicitly allowed for man-made ciphers since that's functionally not different than breadcrumbing, which would be crazy to make illegal.

it's not different in any material sense than me typing:

"ziu"

and later sneaking in the number 3

and putting an invisible bold tag before R

and later claiming: "look at those letters on a standard qwerty keyboard! move THREE to the Right! I am a cop!"

it's just breadcrumbing. It's something people can and should do.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

HiipFire posted:

making your breadcrumb a code is pretty dumb yo

nah.

TheNabster posted:

Whats a Breadcrumb?

Who's a Lumpen?

a breadcrumb is a clue or hint about your role left early in the game, so if you claim it on day 5 and point out the breadcrumb it gives your claim a little more weight.

they are generally hard to spot but for that same reason scum can (and I as scum often do) fake multiple breadcrumbs.

Lumpen is a mafia player. He was in this game but he replaced out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

it's not even being a rules lawyer, the rules have always explicitly allowed for man-made ciphers since that's functionally not different than breadcrumbing, which would be crazy to make illegal.

it's not different in any material sense than me typing:

"ziu"

and later sneaking in the number 3

and putting an invisible bold tag before R

and later claiming: "look at those letters on a standard qwerty keyboard! move THREE to the Right! I am a cop!"

it's just breadcrumbing. It's something people can and should do.

No, you'd be a v]p.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

No, you'd be a v]p.

see? breadcrumbs can be messed up, too. that's a really easy way for scum to go "aw geez sorry, my actual claim is <fakeclaim made on the fly/another breadcrumb/a different cipher that reveals a wholly different breadcrumbed fakeclaim>

and, looping this back to game-related content, it's definitely not scummy. so if you are a merk or a Diqnol or a someone else entirely who thinks voting me for the cipherpost is a good idea, I think you are probably making a rash decision!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
i just think the breadcrumb is dumb but i feel like ive seen you do it before so why would that make you scum it just makes you ecco

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

No, you'd be a v]p.

Actually, I was wrong, you'd be a v[p.

I counted from o instead of i.

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"

EccoRaven posted:

a breadcrumb is a clue or hint about your role left early in the game, so if you claim it on day 5 and point out the breadcrumb it gives your claim a little more weight.

they are generally hard to spot but for that same reason scum can (and I as scum often do) fake multiple breadcrumbs.

So it's drawing a long bow as it were?

It seems like a rather odd thing to do but I'll take your word for it.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Here's my attempt at a code:

NERDSSSSSSS

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Verr posted:

Here's my attempt at a code:

NERDSSSSSSS

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also to confuse the new people more, Ecco you are being winvirus right now.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

And the key:

YOU ARE ALL

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ahahaha ecco is great.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also because this is the whacky thread I will reveal winvirus' big secret: Mr. Capps is his alt.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

EccoRaven (3): King Burgundy, GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE, merk
King Burgundy (1): Asiina

Not Voting (14): Beetphyxious, bowmore, CapitalistPig, CCKeane, EccoRaven, FoxTerrier, HiipFire, Little Mac, Mithross, Opopanax, Rarity, TheNabster, TMMadman, Verr

With 18 alive, it's 10 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 19th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
:siren:The Trojan king has foolishly decided that Day 1 will be Double Plurality:siren:

The two people with the most votes will be hanged to death at deadline.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

EccoRaven posted:

time for another ecco breadcrumb (everyone should breadcrumb all the time)

TOM: S1PcK. Nap chuub. MFPY16. huK, XnB. k? Goef #Noz Latp. 12 12e. JM *EFh jrEqEPN. lf 14 .DOS .I(N).

taesKJp. YmSGzB lw.

this was entirely generated by hand, specifically, pen and paper.

I would like if this didn't happen btw. I've only got your word for it that its not computer generated.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

busb posted:

:siren:The Trojan king has foolishly decided that Day 1 will be Double Plurality:siren:

The two people with the most votes will be hanged to death at deadline.

PMom more like PDumb.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

PMom more like PDumb.

It's a visual pun.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm glad people now agree with me that Ecco is scum.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

I'm glad people now agree with me that Ecco is scum.

nobody disagreed with you? also I'm pretty sure merk's vote is a grumpyvote over my cipher while Diqnol's is still kinda nonsense, so, I wouldn't be too pleased with yourself.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

nobody disagreed with you? also I'm pretty sure merk's vote is a grumpyvote over my cipher while Diqnol's is still kinda nonsense, so, I wouldn't be too pleased with yourself.

That was tongue in cheek. No one has commented on my opinions, people are voting for weird looking reasons.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The nature of this means that we need two viable candidates.

Everybody please propose two candidates whenever you propose one, thanks.

-Confirmed Scum Keane

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

The nature of this means that we need two viable candidates.

Everybody please propose two candidates whenever you propose one, thanks.

-Confirmed Scum Keane

I think KB's evasion of the question and case against me is pretty bad. Still deciding if it's dumb or scum though.

I think Hiipfire is always a safe choice too.

~these opinions are subject to change without notice~

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

EccoRaven posted:

I think KB's evasion of the question and case against me is pretty bad. Still deciding if it's dumb or scum though.

your lame

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

EccoRaven posted:

I was actually just looking at the case and I think you are both being kind of dumb. KB has a point when he says you were misreading his words, but pushing that as a case is also kind of weak. I think the other votes on you weaker than the KB vote though.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

TMMadman posted:

I was actually just looking at the case and I think you are both being kind of dumb. KB has a point when he says you were misreading his words, but pushing that as a case is also kind of weak. I think the other votes on you weaker than the KB vote though.

"I play perfectly" was a little glib but that's what he was saying. "My scum play is identical to my town play" means "I play perfectly and never make mistakes as scum."

Regardless even if I had characterized his post totally neutrally my point would still have been valid: he bypassed the question with a non-answer. It seems to me either he's totally oblivious to how he plays (unlikely) or he deliberately obfuscated it because he doesn't want to out his scumtells in a game where he's scum.

vOv

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm not feeling ecco.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

I'm not feeling ecco.

To be VERY explict, this doesn't mean I am right or that people should stop casing ecco, this means I'm not feeling it.

I am much better as scum than as town so being town IS FRIGHTENING AND CONFUSING.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

EccoRaven posted:

"I play perfectly" was a little glib but that's what he was saying. "My scum play is identical to my town play" means "I play perfectly and never make mistakes as scum."

Regardless even if I had characterized his post totally neutrally my point would still have been valid: he bypassed the question with a non-answer. It seems to me either he's totally oblivious to how he plays (unlikely) or he deliberately obfuscated it because he doesn't want to out his scumtells in a game where he's scum.

vOv

I don't believe you to be stupid. So your continued insistence on this nonsense is only further confirming for me that you are scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

To be VERY explict, this doesn't mean I am right or that people should stop casing ecco, this means I'm not feeling it.

I am much better as scum than as town so being town IS FRIGHTENING AND CONFUSING.

I don't know, I think you were pretty good as town in Ecco's Pearl game. You really were on point with a lot of your scum calls early in the game but I think the ghost/no vote gimmick made people sort of pass over your opinions.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

I don't believe you to be stupid. So your continued insistence on this nonsense is only further confirming for me that you are scum.

Assume I am stupid. Explain to me how what you said was "almost exactly the same" was what FoxTerrier said.

I tried here:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3747218&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post451567576

show me how I am wrong and I will concede that I am genuinely dumb.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EccoRaven posted:

Hey, some of us are just really scummy regardless of alignment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

I voted you because your attempt to spark content went nowhere and you made no attempt to make it go anywhere but nowhere.

• Locked thread