Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Yesss finally we can bounce again. I know it's a side note but I hope the new clothes and haircuts are decent. The high life update had some good things but mostly trash clothing for idiots and babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Clothing-wise I think I'm most excited about the letterman jacket shown in the first picture.

Because I can only assume there'll be multiple versions of it and with that big B stitched on it I can make a Jacket costume at long last.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Leg warmers.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_iJ28iXwo0

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Sounds awesome. Too bad I will have to grind for months on end to afford any of that poo poo.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
The Rockstar Newswire post says is on the 20th. All the screenshots seem to show the same sort of cars you expect, so assumably you can't put hydraulics on your monster truck or supercar of choice.

But if anyone on PS4 wants to get something together, or help me run through a few heists, I've got this weekend off, which is going to have to be enough time to save up enough for a third garage and a bunch of new cars, because I don't have the time to play this game through the week anymore.

titties posted:

Toss out a time itt or message me, PSN: mr_dread. Or use the PS4 community that we set up for this particular reason idc

Uh, dumb question probably, but every time I see someone on this, there isn't a prompt to join game, there is instead a prompt to buy a virtual copy of GTA, is this because PSN is kind of dumb and doesn't realise my disk copy is the same game, or am I just doing something wrong?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

titties posted:

Who wants to grind missions / heists / ROCKET's VS INSARGENTS with me on PS4? I need to make all the money.

Toss out a time itt or message me, PSN: mr_dread. Or use the PS4 community that we set up for this particular reason idc

I'll be around ~8 ET. I need some cash myself.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I see it being interesting for the first 5 minutes, then we'll be bored again because there's no new missions or heists to drive them to.

Also, what if these are special vehicles, similar to Pegasus, so we can't use them in missions

When Fury Road came out, Rockstar missed the opportunity to let us buy old scrap vehicles and turn them into killing machines :(

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Oct 15, 2015

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Well, I have a reason to reinstall. Kinda weird it took them this long to include such an addition.

And of course I cleaned out my garages to make room for the lowriders and they go and give us a fourth garage. :v:

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

UserErr0r posted:

I see it being interesting for the first 5 minutes, then we'll be bored again because there's no new missions or heists to drive them to.

Uhh the announcement said there's new Lamar missions.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

Craptacular posted:

I'll bet you that there aren-t any new 6 or 8 player missions :sigh:

Craptacular posted:

Not Grapeseed, Strawberry. It's the neighborhood Franklin's house is in.

I am dumb and bad at games

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

TheDarkFlame posted:

But if anyone on PS4 wants to get something together, or help me run through a few heists, I've got this weekend off, which is going to have to be enough time to save up enough for a third garage and a bunch of new cars, because I don't have the time to play this game through the week anymore.

Uh, dumb question probably, but every time I see someone on this, there isn't a prompt to join game, there is instead a prompt to buy a virtual copy of GTA, is this because PSN is kind of dumb and doesn't realise my disk copy is the same game, or am I just doing something wrong?

let's do it

I have a disc copy too, I haven't had that happen. There's a tab on the community page for "Now Playing" that should show available sessions, that's all I know.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I can jump in for a couple of hours of PS4 idiocy this evening from around 6:30 pm PST.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

:getin:

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Craptacular posted:

Oh I must have missed that :( I had to leave literally right after I posted

I'm still skeptical though. It's rockstar, there has to be a catch.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
The catch is it's being released in loving October, not July or August.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Did they ever explain why they even have a garage limit? Is it the database load of everyone potentially having a bajillion vehicles saved?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Did they ever explain why they even have a garage limit? Is it the database load of everyone potentially having a bajillion vehicles saved?

That's the most logical answer but really it's because Rockstar hates fun.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 15, 2015

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

:prepop:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I'm pretty sure it had something to do with rickety rear end 360/PS3 limitations, which no longer matter because they've halted updates for those versions

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

is that a moonbeam?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Welp, this might be worth putting Uncharted Collection on hold for

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I'm almost certain it has to do with database size and load, as well as connection stuff... regardless of platform. Given how many characters there are, on all platforms, including alternate characters... that's a lot of potential data, given that you could potentially have about 33 garages and 238 vehicles per character. I'm no DBA, but I'd assume the larger the database, the longer it takes to find a specific piece of data in it, and it has to do that every single time you join a session. Having to send more data only means more network traffic, and that would also effect the server's infrastructure, which as we all know is hosted on a 486 on an AOL dialup connection.

Why did they pick 3? Who knows

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Literally kilobytes of data

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

gently caress. Yes.

Dread, homie, I got you. Let's make some money this weekend!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

coupedeville posted:

is that a moonbeam?

Yeah and there are other cars in the update that haven't been shown yet either.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Time to drop another $50 on this dumb game.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
hope they finesse the anticheat with some .dll injection detection methods.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Time to drop another $50 on this dumb game.

assuming this isnt a limp wristed troll attempt; megalodon cards are bugged at the moment you should probably wait till the update hits to avoid having to open a support ticket. also you are real stoopid..

crazysim
May 23, 2004
I AM SOOOOO GAY

coupedeville posted:

is that a moonbeam?

Sliding doors!

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9oOnUNJkBE

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Jose Mengelez posted:

hope they finesse the anticheat with some .dll injection detection methods.

assuming this isnt a limp wristed troll attempt; megalodon cards are bugged at the moment you should probably wait till the update hits to avoid having to open a support ticket. also you are real stoopid..

It's not a troll, my history with this game is well documented. For better or worse.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's not a troll, my history with this game is well documented. For better or worse.

Please seek professional mental health services.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Deadly Mongoose posted:

Please seek professional mental health services.

If you think that will help I'm afraid you're being woefully naive sadius

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Thanks to a nice pubbie taking me on the Fleeca job I have enough money for my own high-end apartment, so I finally have access to my own raids.

If people are coming back on PS4 to earn up some cash for the lowriders, feel free to add von_nass as I would love to do some heists with goons rather than random selections of pubbies who are varying degrees of terrible.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Alan BStard posted:

Thanks to a nice pubbie taking me on the Fleeca job I have enough money for my own high-end apartment, so I finally have access to my own raids.

If people are coming back on PS4 to earn up some cash for the lowriders, feel free to add von_nass as I would love to do some heists with goons rather than random selections of pubbies who are varying degrees of terrible.

Yeah, I'll try to grab you if I see you. I tried sending you a bunch of invites yesterday when I saw how new your character was but I didn't manage to get you.

Not to jinx it or anything, but could this actually be a GOOD update?

(calling it, the cars will cost $1.5 million at the low end to buy and fully customize)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Well they have to do *something* to sell those shark cards.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

strong bird posted:

Literally kilobytes of data

But it's rockstar so they probably only have 1 server doing it so even 30 players requesting data all at once overwhelms it.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 17, 2015

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

titties posted:

Yeah, I'll try to grab you if I see you. I tried sending you a bunch of invites yesterday when I saw how new your character was but I didn't manage to get you.

Thanks man, sorry I didn't see your invites. I am going to try and earn some cash this weekend and try to work thorough some heists as they pop up.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I'll likely be around tonight for some PS4 foolishness if anyone wants to gently caress around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
Ditto. I'll actually be able to talk this time around.

• Locked thread