Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

fatherdog posted:

God dammit, I went into the kitchen to put pizza in the oven and missed the entire Magalhaes/Hammil fight

Hey, you missed a Matt Hamill fight. Be happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Blagoi Ivanov now fighting with a horrible visible scar in his torso from the stab wound. Chael being corrected about Combat Sambo via twitter by Joe Rogan.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Nick Newell retired

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
varys is a good ref

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008

LobsterMobster posted:

Nick Newell retired

sure he may be different, but there's no need to call him names

also the backstory behind blagoy's stab wound is.. very interesting. it's crazy that he is even fighting

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Chael: I trained with Okami every day for two years, I knew that trip was coming, and he still got me with it at least once a day.

Khaal
Mar 22, 2008
lol that fence grab from okami

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
Jon Fitch looks more homeless than usual and Okami looks hungrier than he did in the UFC. Back to you Joe.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
hi all, hope you're all having a good weekend.

i was at the WSOF last night and would like to share that i sat in front of a bunch of tom marcellino fans, some of whom seemed to have personal connections with him. they were absolute pieces of poo poo the entire fight, made fun of nick newell having one hand, and booed throughout his entire retirement speech. someone tried to be reasonable and say "hey dude be respectful" and got "SHUT THE FAWK UP ILL DO WHAT I WANT."

good event though it was empty and i got in on a groupon. very nice b league presentation. did not feel like a game show like bellator did when i went.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
Is anybody watching Shooto 58, because this has been hilariously awful so far. Questionable officiating aside, the arena had a blackout in the middle of a fight.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Solomonic posted:

Is anybody watching Shooto 58, because this has been hilariously awful so far. Questionable officiating aside, the arena had a blackout in the middle of a fight.

god bless you brazil for keeping it real.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Does anyone remember the name of that old Pride highlight that had the fighters cast in a 70's heist film?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

shadow puppet of a posted:

Does anyone remember the name of that old Pride highlight that had the fighters cast in a 70's heist film?

i haven't seen one that's a heist film, are you sure it wasn't the gta themed one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4lPK0u-kww

either way it's almost certainly by genghis con

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Feather-fisted Dutch supermutant Rico Verhoeven makes his MMA debut today against a kickboxer who also has no MMA experience who is much, much, much worse at kickboxing than Rico.

It'll be streamed here, I'm not sure where on the card the fight is but the stream apparently starts in 3 hours and 10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6siWvr1GVzc

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Feather-fisted Dutch supermutant Rico Verhoeven makes his MMA debut today against a kickboxer who also has no MMA experience who is much, much, much worse at kickboxing than Rico.

It'll be streamed here, I'm not sure where on the card the fight is but the stream apparently starts in 3 hours and 10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6siWvr1GVzc

Currently watching dancers along with 218 other youtubers on 720p streaming, how do these guys have a better stream than most productions?!

Edit: lol they are literally just filming dancing asses and random pretty girls in the crowd whilst blasting Techno music. Production quality is better than the SFL.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

willie_dee posted:

Currently watching dancers along with 218 other youtubers on 720p streaming, how do these guys have a better stream than most productions?!

Edit: lol they are literally just filming dancing asses and random pretty girls in the crowd whilst blasting Techno music. Production quality is better than the SFL.

But do they have better music than SUPER. FIGHT. LEAAAAGUE.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Great White Hope posted:

But do they have better music than SUPER. FIGHT. LEAAAAGUE.

No where near.

Fights have started, an 18 year old just got stopped by cuts in the first round of his very first fight.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Guy just tried a running slam and instead got standing guillotined

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.
That on-screen logo is so incredibly ripped off from the UFC, amazing.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
this promotion seems to really have its poo poo together, not a bad watch

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
98kg vs 126kg, cool

Edit: oh poo poo London Shoot fighter is the 98kg, this is going to be fun

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

dang lookit these old dudes

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
old, muscles, not getting leglocks. folks, ken shamrock is back and he is romanian.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
how is this tiny man out jabbing a giant, truly MMA is the greatest sport.

also lol's from the audience, reminiscent of Fedor Vs Aoki.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

the giant old guy is 41 and has a 3-8 pro record.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Cyber Dog posted:

the giant old guy is 41 and has a 3-8 pro record.

i hope dennis siver sr. can improve to 4-8

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I am so glad I tuned in for that main event, because no matter how bad it gets, I doubt it will ever get that bad, and if it does, at least my mate would of won that with british hugging.

Edit: amazing decision, and amazing post fight celebration.

willie_dee fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Oct 19, 2015

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

flabbyweight

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

dang that seemed like a really late stoppage.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it was cool when the guy escaped mount and the other guy span right back into mount

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Damnit I missed it

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

welp

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
the sound of that guy's head bouncing off the canvas was really loud. rico came to fight mma, i'm pleasantly surprised.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

oh poo poo I was under the impression this was over. tuned in and yeah this is a good stream.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

holy poo poo that reversal from under mount

Edit so I dont triple post I've never seen a guy tap while still standing caught in a guillotine.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 19, 2015

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

cagepages posted:

In November of 2014 NJSACB utilized instant replay at CFFC 43. The main event that night was ruled a no contest because Lyman Good inadvertently poked Jonavin Webb’s eye causing the referee to stop the fight. Just a few moments later, the fight was ruled a no contest following the review of the instant replay.

This Halloween, at CFFC 52, NJSAB is conducting an experiment with a new judging procedure. The judging procedures come up often among fans and media members. It seems as though you can’t get through an event with out that kind of conversation.

Counsel Nick Lembo and Commissioner Larry Hazzard made their own personal observations and they also listened to feedback from licensed judges, comments from the media serving as shadow judges at events, and had conversations with executives in the industry.

This progressive move to attempt to improve the judging process has nothing to do with any current licensed judges under the NJSACB.

“This agency has been pleased with both the quality of judging and our judging roster in this State, but we recently have wondered about the effects of blocked views, limited angles, sight distance and to a small degree, crowd noise,” Lembo and Hazzard stated.

[...]

“I’ve often wondered if the hometown crowd and the limited viewing angles in which a judge sees the fight swayed the decision process,” stated CFFC CEO Robert Haydak Jr.

“This experiment, obviously in its first step of actual implementation, will provide data gathering by allowing the review and comparison of three experienced NJSACB judges’ cage side scores, which will still be the official scores, with the scores of three experienced NJSACB judges in sound proof isolated rooms who will be viewing and scoring the fight on a large television monitor showing the actual broadcast without audio commentary,” continued in the statement released from the NJSACB exclusively to CFFC.

“We’re fortunate in New Jersey to have such a proactive commission,” stated Haydak. “Nick and Larry have embraced this idea from the very beginning and are now spearheading the efforts to see it to fruition.”

I doubt this is going to get any kind of widespread uptake but it's cool to see an AC actually experimenting.

mewse
May 2, 2006

fatherdog posted:

I doubt this is going to get any kind of widespread uptake but it's cool to see an AC actually experimenting.

That's super cool, wonder about them not hearing the impact of the strikes tho

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.

mewse posted:

That's super cool, wonder about them not hearing the impact of the strikes tho

I think "showing the actual broadcast without audio commentary" means they should still have the cage mics coming through, so they'll hopefully be able to hear those. All they should be lacking is the commentary from whoever does commentary for CFFC. I'm kind of curious to see the results at least.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
https://instagram.com/p/9FTSE0xpuW/ great idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shawn would loving ruin Fedor.