Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Powershift posted:

"transfer case issues"

I see your gears have transfered out of the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?

Geirskogul posted:

Dashing through the snow

In a recalled Chevrolet

Over the fields we go

Until our tie rods break

There's also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50IgzksUqpQ

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Thanks for this I haven't heard this in 15 years.

cyberbug
Sep 30, 2004

The name is Carl Seltz...
insurance inspector.

Xy Hapu posted:

A job well done

Is there also a brake pad wear sensor clipped to something definitely not a brake pad?

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me

cyberbug posted:

Is there also a brake pad wear sensor clipped to something definitely not a brake pad?

That's not a pad sensor, its wiring for a wheel speed sensor. And it looks like the wire is rubbing against the wheel. Great workmanship there.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It isn't, that's a Toyota of some sort (celica I think?) and that's an illusion. The wiring is actually level with the strut bolt and is several inches away from being anywhere near the wheel.

DELETED
Nov 14, 2004
Disgruntled
Whoops

Naturally, the replacement was DOA and I get to pull the goddamn thing back out

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DELETED posted:

Whoops

Naturally, the replacement was DOA and I get to pull the goddamn thing back out

Only starter I've seen look like that in the Gremlin, what did that come out of?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

14 INCH DICK posted:

Only starter I've seen look like that in the Gremlin, what did that come out of?

I know bolt patterns are different but gently caress that looks like every single starter that's ever fallen on my head.

jjd74
Oct 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Xy Hapu posted:

A job well done

twisted brake hose, rusted out heads of the bolts. From NZ so its amazing to see the amount of stuff from america.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

:hfive:

FuzzKill
Apr 1, 2005

Snuff the punk.

14 INCH DICK posted:

Most older Ford starters look like that, where they have the external solenoid mounted on the fender or firewall.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
Did the brakes on the wife's mini.

Oh boy.

Hmm, uneven pad wear!

Nice dust boot!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
HEY WHAT'S GOT FOUR DEAD HOLES AND SMELLS LIKE OLD PEOPLE

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

14 INCH DICK posted:

HEY WHAT'S GOT FOUR DEAD HOLES AND SMELLS LIKE OLD PEOPLE

I have a feeling I'm about to become an accessory to something

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Beach Bum posted:

I have a feeling I'm about to become an accessory to something

Same, but I simultaneously can't wait for the punchline/corpse.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
"But INCH DICK," he says, " I am Pagliaci." Roll snare drum. Funny joke. Everybody laugh.

Lady decided to head over Stevens Pass without oil or coolant in the engine, pulled over after it stopped steaming*while moving*. Compression results as follows.

1: 0 psi
2: 90 psi
3: 120 psi
4: 0 psi
5: 0 psi
6: 0 psi

Said she couldn't get it to start after she stopped, and had it towed to us.

A Lone Girl Flier
Sep 29, 2009

This post is dedicated to all those who fell by the forums, for nothing is wasted, and every apparent failure is but a challenge to others.
Check out the new style roller key:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf6G6k3zyHo

This video helped it make sense for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ra-CapAQeg

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ended our endurance race early today when the engine felt down on power. Pulled the valve cover and saw both cylinder one rocker arms broken.

Oh well, it was a good season.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Haven't you broken rocker arms before on that motor? Time for IE rockers. At least they aren't too expensive. Hole in the firewall and you can do it quick...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
The sales writer came out to see the 300 with the work order in hand and he asked me to walk him through what's going on and I laid one hand flat on top of the manifold almost lovingly and said "well, I can tell you at least it isn't in any more pain" and just sort of stared at it wistfully

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Na last time they slipped because the retaining clips weren't installed. We're going to look at the various aftermarket rockers and decide what will work best. It's possible it was due to an over rev from one of our drivers but stock rockers should hold up to 7k+ without failing.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

stock rockers should hold up to 7k+ without failing.

I was told this about M10/M30 rockers and that turned out to be completely untrue as well.

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?

14 INCH DICK posted:

Lady decided to head over Stevens Pass without oil or coolant in the engine, pulled over after it stopped steaming*while moving*. Compression results as follows.

1: 0 psi
2: 90 psi
3: 120 psi
4: 0 psi
5: 0 psi
6: 0 psi

Said she couldn't get it to start after she stopped, and had it towed to us.

Tech recommends two new spark plugs, why bother with the other four anymore?

Frank Dillinger
May 16, 2007
Jawohl mein herr!
I really wonder what a V6 running on two cylinders would sound like.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Frank Dillinger posted:

A maserati biturbo! :downsrim:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Frank Dillinger posted:

Technically speaking as far as I can tell it doesnt sound like much of anything.

:v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

How many miles were on that thing?

.... and please tell me Mopar doesn't use Champion as their OEM plugs. :stonk:

14 INCH DICK posted:

I laid one hand flat on top of the manifold almost lovingly and said "well, I can tell you at least it isn't in any more pain" and just sort of stared at it wistfully

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I just now noticed one of the spark plugs is in two pieces.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

I just now noticed one of the spark plugs is in two pieces.

Well actually three, but the center rod section went back down the plug hole popping it out of my socket, but it was a cylinder that tested at 0 anyways and given the state of the rest of the motor gently caress it. And 2 others split in half near identically reinstalling without any warning, but once again gently caress it at the point it was at.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

14 INCH DICK posted:

Well actually three, but the center rod section went back down the plug hole popping it out of my socket, but it was a cylinder that tested at 0 anyways and given the state of the rest of the motor gently caress it. And 2 others split in half near identically reinstalling without any warning, but once again gently caress it at the point it was at.

Champions are great.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Slavvy posted:

Champions are great.

I keep hearing people poo poo talk them, but I've always used them in my crap beaters. Theyre usually the 21mm coppers though, not the 16mm small style, although considering where they wore and broke I can't imagine that radical a difference.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

14 INCH DICK posted:

The sales writer came out to see the 300 with the work order in hand and he asked me to walk him through what's going on and I laid one hand flat on top of the manifold almost lovingly and said "well, I can tell you at least it isn't in any more pain" and just sort of stared at it wistfully

I'm gonna be in Seattle visiting my ladyfriend in January, and I'm almost tempted to come to your shop just so you can dazzle me with your brilliance.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

14 INCH DICK posted:

I keep hearing people poo poo talk them, but I've always used them in my crap beaters. Theyre usually the 21mm coppers though, not the 16mm small style, although considering where they wore and broke I can't imagine that radical a difference.

I always used the champion gold/coppers in my old falcons too.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:patriot:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

for a second I thought that was the freemaro on the bed. not the overheated dead 300

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No, she's still driving it on expired tabs not in her name and no end in sight, and I'm no longer entirely thrilled to work with her. She got moved from back shop to front shop ticket writer training, not even a service manager spot merely being taught how to call customers and explain how far they need to bend over about 2 weeks ago, and yesterday she tried bossing me around at the end of the day and I was blowing her off and she said that once she becomes store manager she would be willing to fire me on the spot for that attitude and I lit her up pretty hard core. She wanted to loving write me up lol, i got the service manager involved and told him that she's not even been in the industry for 6 months and has pushed pencils for a whole 2 weeks and she's already thinking she out ranks me with almost 10 years with the company. I told her it would happen too, front shop and back shop will forever be engaged in endless class warfare.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

don't forget upselling them on that fuel system cleaner that's 79.90 and COULD get them UP TO 10% MPG more.. it'll pay for itself by the next oil change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

tater_salad posted:

don't forget upselling them on that fuel system cleaner that's 79.90 and COULD get them UP TO 10% MPG more.. it'll pay for itself by the next oil change

I actually don't support the claims or interval reccomendations of the box but it does have real world personally verified benefits. It includes cleaning out the throttle body and iac if the iac is bad enough/simple and easy enough to, and gets sucked through the vacuum port unto the intake while running and I've pulled manifolds that were nasty and oily off and the insides looked really nice. Maybe not every 15k nice, but every 60-80K or depending on rate of fouling or hard use? Absolutely.